• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Light House Social and General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I don't know what you are talking about, Aiden. Manondorf is only the best character to choose, especially in brawl.

And it seems my avatar just garners so much attention. I can't go anywhere without someone saying something about it.

:awesome:

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I need some serious advice. While I'm a hardcore gamer, I am not by any means a pc gamer. I just never got into it. That being said, I need a new PC. Laptop/Desktop is one debate already, but the bigger debate is "Mac or Windows" The next debate is Dell, Alienware, Mac[mac], or HP.

I kinda need help.

I just want a pc that can play blue ray, run decently, watch movies, media, etc. A basic computer, but not a slow crappy one. My alienware is <3 but it's from the 8th grade so yeah...

Also I finally put MVC3/SSFIV on "the shelf" Those are two things I'll never 100%. I do think I could get MVC3 up there, but I just don't want too. Sonic the Hedgehog[ps arcade], I might go back one day and do a speed run, but idk.

Still:

7 100%s vs 3 incompletes >.>

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Don't buy Dell ever. HP has a nasty tendency to overheat.

Recently, I got an Acer desktop, and though they're pretty much considered to be bottom of the line, it works far better than most of my previous computers.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Yea.. I just need a basic computer, nothing fancy. Might go with Acer :3

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I recommend doing research first, but you don't usually need something super crazy for most games. Like Starcraft or any Steam game, you can play on whatevs, pretty much.

S

smash brawl player 99021

I need some serious advice. While I'm a hardcore gamer, I am not by any means a pc gamer. I just never got into it. That being said, I need a new PC. Laptop/Desktop is one debate already, but the bigger debate is "Mac or Windows" The next debate is Dell, Alienware, Mac[mac], or HP.

I kinda need help.

I just want a pc that can play blue ray, run decently, watch movies, media, etc. A basic computer, but not a slow crappy one. My alienware is <3 but it's from the 8th grade so yeah...

Also I finally put MVC3/SSFIV on "the shelf" Those are two things I'll never 100%. I do think I could get MVC3 up there, but I just don't want too. Sonic the Hedgehog[ps arcade], I might go back one day and do a speed run, but idk.

Still:

7 100%s vs 3 incompletes >.>
I'm in the same boat, I'm going with a $579 ASUS laptop.

Just beat Portal 2.

holy **** ****

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I recommend doing research first, but you don't usually need something super crazy for most games. Like Starcraft or any Steam game, you can play on whatevs, pretty much.
I don't pc game at all.

I need a computer for browsing, foruming, music, movies, etc. I game on ps3/wii/3DS >.> mostly anyways.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ Yar. Iunno what I'mma do, gotta save money up first. Me and my gf have a 37" / 22" Vizio TVs and ps3/wii/loads of crap so we really kinda just keep gaming there.

Speaking of that, we pulled out Monster Hunter tonight. God, it feels good to play it again. Think I'mma get my 100 kills for every boss and gold crown achievements done. Finally, lol.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Don't buy Dell ever. HP has a nasty tendency to overheat.
I don't know, Dells are pretty sweet.

They have great customer support too.

I've had my inspiron 1525 for 3 years now and it runs fine still.

Apart from occasional overheating, because that is because I'm too cheap to have the fan fixed :p

But yeah HP are the worst, 2 of my friends bought pavillions and they both died within 6 months.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
We have itouches and what not, so I considered a Macbook, but they are quite pricey. I've also heard they run kinda meh. Methinks outside of media/phones apple may not be too good.

Pikaville

Sackbooks are a total waste of money.

Plus if you ever did decide you want a PC game good luck getting it to work on a Mac.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ Yeah. I love my iTouch, iPhones are cool, etc, but I think outside of that Apple is kinda meh.

Working on God of War II at the moment. Just got Icarus' Wings ;)

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I know of quite a few people who have had a lot of problems with Dell's customer service, actually.

Maybe it's different on my side of the ocean?

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Well.. Dell is meh. They have Alienwares though, which are kick***.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Dell and HP are not the way to go. As a few of you have said, Dell and HP's customer service sucks, and their lifespan is usually cut short due to cheap parts.

I agree about Toshiba, they are durable in terms of chances of parts failing, and they have reliable laptops in terms of performance.

And don't hate on Apple, I actually enjoy my Macbook pro. They are quite durable, I don't have to worry about a virus or spyware leaking through any type of firewall or virus scan I have set up (which drains memory anyways), great customer service, battery last longer if you're a person on the go, and I can run Fallout: New Vegas on my XP boot camp on High Settings fine.

Of course, they are expensive, but if that means I get 5+ years out of it, then it's worth it IMO. Currently on year 3.

ASUS.

It's the laptop I have, and it's the one I'll always recommend to people.

My build has bluray, and runs everything I've thrown at it surprisingly well (Crysis at medium, Gears 1 at full, etc.)

If you're worrying about repairs/replacements and all that jazz, ASUS is probably the best of any computer company to go to so they say, but I could be mistaken.

Mine was bought with the intention of 3D animation and gaming, and it cost me exactly $1001 a year ago.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I have a Toshiba Satellite.

Me and my trusty computer have had at it for 5-6 years

Sure it's broken down like twice (but that's window's fault, not the actual laptop), but it still runs as if it were the day I bought it.

I can also run a couple of games very well on it too. Sucks for me Minecraft is not one of them because if it isn't on Short rendering distance, it starts lagging to hell and back

Pikaville

Minecraft does that to even good computers though.

It's really resource intensive.

That's what making a game like that in Java does, as well as the way the game manages chunks extremely inefficiently.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Never buy an Alienware desktop. You can usually build them yourself for $500-1,500 less than what they charge for them. Their laptops are an entirely different story, though. They're actually decently priced and have some good mid-range components.

On an entirely unrelated note, I see my suggestion to merge the Call of Duty threads went over really well.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Never buy an Alienware desktop. You can usually build them yourself for $500-1,500 less than what they charge for them. Their laptops are an entirely different story, though. They're actually decently priced and have some good mid-range components.

On an entirely unrelated note, I see my suggestion to merge the Call of Duty threads went over really well.
Your suggestion has come up previously but I am against doing such a thing. This is the last time I am going to acknowledge that suggestion.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681

I'm considering getting a laptop, mainly because my Desktop is fine. It's an old*** alienware, like...6+ years old. It runs fine, but it's obviously outdated. Alienware laptops look so nice too.

It'll work because all the games are the same thing anyway. :troll: :troll: :troll:

By the way, Alienware laptops are thick laptops. If you want a nice powerhouse computer that's to go, get something else.

LIKE AN ASUS!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :)

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
It'll work because all the games are the same thing anyway. :troll: :troll: :troll:

By the way, Alienware laptops are thick laptops. If you want a nice powerhouse computer that's to go, get something else.

LIKE AN ASUS!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :)
You mean like every other game? :troll: (i.e. Gears of War and the LoZ series)

This year is the year of the "3" sequels: MW3, Gears of War 3, Resistance 3, Killzone 3 and Battlefield 3 to name a few. (Mass Effect 3 got delayed to 2012 :c)

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
LoZ games aren't half as similar to each other as CoD games are. Wind Waker is a very different experience from Majora's Mask, Zelda 1 is nothing like Zelda 2 which is nothing like LttP, etc etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom