• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Light House Social and General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ wow, iunno how you can feel that way. then again, I love Pokemon and look how repeating it is..

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
^ wow, iunno how you can feel that way. then again, I love Pokemon and look how repeating it is..
I dunno, there's a couple that I just burnt out on. OoT, LttP, Minish Cap. I just straight-up didn't like Phantom Hourglass.

I could probably still play Wind Waker and Majora's Mask, but the others... maybe not?

There are games that never get old for me. I don't remember if I beat Paper Mario 64 six times or 7 times already, but I'm down for another run already, even though the last time I beat it was early 2010.

Oh, and every metroid game in existence will never get old for me. I'm DYING to replay all the console Metroid Primes again in order, but I have to finish my current run in Fusion, and my run in Super Metroid before I get started.

Metroid is my favorite franchise btw.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
It's the same formula over and over though.

It's just that the experience is different every time.
Yeah, exactly. If the games were completely unrecognizable and had completely different gameplay formulas there would be no metric by which to call a game a Zelda game.

CoD on the other hand, would anyone honestly say that each game gives them a very different experience? Sure, there are dogs in one of the games but not only is the formula the same every game (shoot brown people get killstreak), if you walked in on someone playing a COD game would you immediately know which one it was? I sure wouldn't.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
There are games that never get old for me. I don't remember if I beat Paper Mario 64 six times or 7 times already, but I'm down for another run already, even though the last time I beat it was early 2010.

Oh, and every metroid game in existence will never get old for me. I'm DYING to replay all the console Metroid Primes again in order, but I have to finish my current run in Fusion, and my run in Super Metroid before I get started.

Metroid is my favorite franchise btw.
Metroid Prime Trilogy, sup?

I gotta finish MP1/2 on Hard mode, beat norm/hyper ;)

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, exactly. If the games were completely unrecognizable and had completely different gameplay formulas there would be no metric by which to call a game a Zelda game.

CoD on the other hand, would anyone honestly say that each game gives them a very different experience? Sure, there are dogs in one of the games but not only is the formula the same every game (shoot brown people get killstreak), if you walked in on someone playing a COD game would you immediately know which one it was? I sure wouldn't.
You can't really innovate shooters tbh. Just make minor adjustments and stuff like that.

And I would cause I'm a CoD fan. :awesome:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
You can't really innovate shooters tbh. Just make minor adjustments and stuff like that.

And I would cause I'm a CoD fan. :awesome:
You can innovate anything if you put your mind to it. At the core, Zelda is still a platforming game. Each generation probably has a new look graphics wise, but the core still remains the same. Use sword to kill bad guys, solve puzzles, and save the princess. However, the way you go about them is generally new everytime. The FPS genre has become such a huge cash cow, they really don't need to make any "huge" adjustments. Just slap on some online play, some cool guns and modes, and you'll sell.

Of course team death match will always be the favorite multiplayer mode, but that doesn't change the way how the matches can be executed. I think the game series America's Army involves the use of medics, and if a soldier is shot, there's a good chance he can BLEED to death or slow down considerably rather than having to just run away and be 100% okay after 5 seconds.

I think it would be cool to see kills get a bit more compilicated. It's one thing to run up behind somebody and knife them, but what if he's looking at you? I'm not asking it to turn into some epic fighter with a chance for someone else to run by and shoot you both, but I think it should more than one "button" to knife someone in their face.

And how about injuries that impact your abilities? If you get shot in the arm and haven't re-spawned yet, you can't tell me you will be as good with the sniper rifle compared to having both arms.

Metroid Prime Trilogy, sup?

I gotta finish MP1/2 on Hard mode, beat norm/hyper ;)
I have all three of the games, so I never bought the trilogy.

However, stupid me, I just found out that it has an artbook, which means that it immediately goes on my list of games to buy.

Oh, and I agree with everything that theeboredone says.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681

However, stupid me, I just found out that it has an artbook, which means that it immediately goes on my list of games to buy.

Gl finding it, it was a collector's thing ;)

I've beaten

MP norm/Hyper
mp2 norm/hyper
mp3 norm

Need to finish it to get the rest of the unlockables..

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Trilogy also gives Wii remote support to the first two Prime games, iirc.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer

You really should have. Having the wii controls for the first two games make them so much better. Some of the best controls in any game imo. The packaging is also super sweet, it has a metallic case and a sleeve and a bunch of artwork and stuff. Definitely a great bang for your buck.......

too bad I don't like Metroid Prime, and ended up only playing for like 1.5 hour before putting it back in the case for forever. Oh well, at least it's sorta rare now. I will sell my copy of Trilogy to you for 500 bux.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
That's like asking how I don't like FF7.

:|

It's just preferences, yo.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
FF7 has reasons to not be liked, yo D:.

j/k.

I get it, but I've never heard that before. I've heard disliking ff7 a lot, XD.

The guys at Gamespot summarize why I love Metroid Prime so much.

And when I mean summarize, I mean that he goes on and on for 17 minutes talking about how amazing it is.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I just loved the atmosphere and story.

If you read all the scans, the story is so ****ing epic. god I need to finish my hard runs eventually.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Ok it's official I DESPISE Gamestop

I wish nothing but death for the CEO of that bloody company

They basically ****ing robbed me homy ****in god. I take the card where they give me 5$ of the 20$ game I turned in never played to reserve MW3 and get my goddamned poster and then when the guy runs my card he says that I don't have any money on it

You have to be ****in my balls off they robbed me of my money. I bought Red Dead for 70, decide to be nice and sell it to my friend for 20$ and then be robbed 15$ of it 3 days later when I return a game that I buy with it, then be robbed of my remaining 5$ when the register doesn't detect the money

If it were actually feasible to do so I would've already sued the balls off that company and I hate how it has such a big monopoly that it throws other places like EB games right off the chart

God you have no idea how much I HATE Gamestop

:phone:

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Did not know that

Then this is why you never hear of any other store

God I'm never selling a lick of a game to those leeches ever again I hate them

I don't care if you'll give me 10$ for every 3 games I sell, you'll probably steal all my money anyway

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Doing business at gamestop? What is this I don't understand the logic

Preorders? What is this I don't understand the logic

Warranties on games? What is this I don't understand the logic

$20 membership card for 10% off used prices that are only 5 dollars off new? What is this I don't understand the logic

Basically. Lol. Don't do business at Gamestop. :awesome:

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Gamestop makes most of their money/profit off used game sales anyways. This is why game companies like EA introduced 'project 10 dollar' recently to combat this. Give the player access to stuff already on the disc and inconvenience used game buyers.

I've never sold a video game before. Rather just keep 'em on the shelve collecting dust. :awesome:

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
It's true. They're pretty sketchy.

A former co-worker of mine worked at one in Ontario, and she said one of the reasons she quit was because she was tired of the company ripping people off.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
God man I can't believe I actually got ripped off all my money

Aside from buying games just because internet ordering sucks, Best Buy sucks just about as much as Gamestop does, and nowhere else on the planet sells games unless it's like wal-mart except it's about twice the price you see in Gamestop, I'm never doing any other thing with them again

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
God man I can't believe I actually got ripped off all my money

Aside from buying games just because internet ordering sucks, Best Buy sucks just about as much as Gamestop does, and nowhere else on the planet sells games unless it's like wal-mart except it's about twice the price you see in Gamestop, I'm never doing any other thing with them again
Does not compute. I buy most of my games online (Amazon) and XBL codes off eBay. Free shipping. :awesome:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Personally, you can usually find the price ot be slightly cheaper on Amazon. If you're not comfy with online ordering, you can try Craig's list. Granted most times the game will be used, but you can get a nice discount even if they played it once or twice. I remember when SF4 first came out, got it for 35 bucks a week later.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Ok it's official I DESPISE Gamestop

I wish nothing but death for the CEO of that bloody company

They basically ****ing robbed me homy ****in god. I take the card where they give me 5$ of the 20$ game I turned in never played to reserve MW3 and get my goddamned poster and then when the guy runs my card he says that I don't have any money on it

You have to be ****in my balls off they robbed me of my money. I bought Red Dead for 70, decide to be nice and sell it to my friend for 20$ and then be robbed 15$ of it 3 days later when I return a game that I buy with it, then be robbed of my remaining 5$ when the register doesn't detect the money

If it were actually feasible to do so I would've already sued the balls off that company and I hate how it has such a big monopoly that it throws other places like EB games right off the chart

God you have no idea how much I HATE Gamestop

Am I really the only one who doesn't know what the hell you are saying here? I get that "gamestop ripped me off" but I really can't understand what happened.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
That's Fuelbi for you, imo.

There was a part I didn't get, but I got the general message.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Gamestop is good for two things:

-preorders
-double credit deals on the holidays.

That's it. Amazon > the rest.,

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I still haven't had the logic behind preorders be explained to me.

I go to gamestop all the time to buy my games since I can't buy games online. I don't mind, really. I don't trade my games back in though. That's dumb.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I still haven't had the logic behind preorders be explained to me.
Some people like getting extra junk with their game. Posters and shizz.

I rarely buy anything at my local Gamestop, but most of the staff knows me because I work nearby, so when I stop by to pick something up, they usually load me up with pre-order bonuses too.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
They still take weeks to come even though I want my game now
Sometimes you get your stuff on the day of release or a few days after that. (Canada's postal services sucks.)

More money in my pocket. :awesome:

But for MW3, I'll buy that at midnight at a store. Can't bear to wait 2-3 days after release for a AAAA game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom