• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LGBT Smashers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Turns out that the best Smasher at my school is gay. I was surprised to learn this, not because he was my friend and I don't like homosexuals or cull like that, but, literally, everyone else knew since Freshman year and I didn't, even he thought I knew!

How did I miss something like that for four years? >_>

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
if circus isn't farting rainbows right now, I don't know who is.
Please excuse my very colorful flatulence. At least it's pretty, right?

Turns out that the best Smasher at my school is gay. I was surprised to learn this, not because he was my friend and I don't like homosexuals or cull like that, but, literally, everyone else knew since Freshman year and I didn't, even he thought I knew!

Not all gay-dars are built the same. But out of curiosity...did he main Peach?

Daysoo

Smash Ace
I'm gay, and the best player in my state for Barlw.
Still trying to get a panel put together to make it official though.
Only one person from my state has managed to knock me into losers bracket. >_>;
Still have yet to be knocked out of a tournament by someone from my state. XD
PS: I DO NOT MAIN PEACH.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I'm gay, and the best player in my state for Barlw.
Still trying to get a panel put together to make it official though.
Only one person from my state has managed to knock me into losers bracket. >_>;
Still have yet to be knocked out of a tournament by someone from my state. XD
PS: I DO NOT MAIN PEACH.
pink DDD....... close enough... just pretend peach discovered cake.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
I don't main Peach, or any of the girl characters come to think of it.

I did main Jigglypuff in Melee though, but that's not cause she's a round, pink, girl Pokemon. It's cause her WoP and Rest were awesome.

bored

Smash Ace
Weird. When I used to play, I always chose Peach. But I never considered it to be a 'gay' thing. Haha.

Blooqkazoo

Smash Journeyman
I thought my friend was gay once. So hard to tell these things. I find out that my friend has a crush on the same person as I do. I wished he was gay.

The Executive

Smash Lord
Within the confines of my mortal shell in T-Town.
What is the correlation between gay Smashers and Peach/Marth? Part of me wants to say because Peach is the stereotypical princess character and Marth is easily the fruitiest person in the history of Smash, but the other part thinks it's a convenient way to all main top-tier characters without being labeled bandwagonners.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero

i am still the best smasher at my old highschool to my knowledge for both melee and brawl. they don't even suspect im gay cause i don't "look" it. XD

pink DDD....... close enough... just pretend peach discovered cake.
pretty much. as long as theres some pink lol.

I don't main Peach, or any of the girl characters come to think of it.

I did main Jigglypuff in Melee though, but that's not cause she's a round, pink, girl Pokemon. It's cause her WoP and Rest were awesome.
again its only a large majority not all. not like the smash rule says your not gay if you don't main peach in some way shape or form lol.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
For some reason I don't hear Sheik mentioned as much as Peach, Marth, or Zelda when discussing characters who gay smashers main or have mained. In spite of her prettiness and general coolness. She's a ****** ninja lolz.

But I guess her general boringness overrides her coolness lol.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Oh, don't know why but I forgot to say this earlier, but my moms are gay thus making me a "gay child."

Can I join your clubs now?

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
For some reason I don't hear Sheik mentioned as much as Peach, Marth, or Zelda when discussing characters who gay smashers main or have mained. In spite of her prettiness and general coolness. She's a ****** ninja lolz.

But I guess her general boringness overrides her coolness lol.
cause sheiks a ninja and comes w/ the Zelda package for those who want to use her. independantly shes universal like Marth.

Oh, don't know why but I forgot to say this earlier, but my moms are gay thus making me a "gay child."

Can I join your clubs now?
hmm does that count? i don't think so, but you can stick around anyway lol. :chuckle:

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
What is the correlation between gay Smashers and Peach/Marth? Part of me wants to say because Peach is the stereotypical princess character and Marth is easily the fruitiest person in the history of Smash, but the other part thinks it's a convenient way to all main top-tier characters without being labeled bandwagonners.
It is coincidentally convenient isn't it?

>_>

<_<

Blooqkazoo

Smash Journeyman
Is maining jigglypuff gay cause I sorta play with jigglypuff and I recently realized she's a she.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Is maining jigglypuff gay cause I sorta play with jigglypuff and I recently realized she's a she.
To be honest, I think it'd be a whole lot gayer if she were a he.

But I think the short answer is yes.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
not really. JP's gender, like all the other pokemon of brawl, isn't defined. JP just happent to have more of a female look than the rest cause its pink lol.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Brawl: Wolf and Pikachu
Melee: IC's and Fox

...I swear I'm not a furry.
If anyone's in danger of being a furry here, it's that guy with a wolf-boy as his avatar. What a creeper.

*shakes fist for good measure*

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Who else in California here is worried that Prop 8 might pass? California has always been seen as more "liberal" than other states sooner than the rest (CA=Innovaters, Other=Laggard, to put it in technical terms), but there is always the "What if?" in the back of my head. If I was registered I would vote Nay.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
not really. JP's gender, like all the other pokemon of brawl, isn't defined. JP just happent to have more of a female look than the rest cause its pink lol.
75% of all jigglypuff's are female... so it is more likely to be a girl anyway.... and I wub her through and through.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Who else in California here is worried that Prop 8 might pass? California has always been seen as more "liberal" than other states sooner than the rest (CA=Innovaters, Other=Laggard, to put it in technical terms), but there is always the "What if?" in the back of my head. If I was registered I would vote Nay.
I don't live in California, but given the nature of the thread and what California's recently been in the news for, I have to assume Prop 8 has something to do with banning gay marriage?

Well, like you said, it's always been my understanding that California was a pretty blue state. I wouldn't be too worried. But out of curiosity, if the proposition were to pass, what would happen to all the couples that have already been married?

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I don't live in California, but given the nature of the thread and what California's recently been in the news for, I have to assume Prop 8 has something to do with banning gay marriage?
Yep. Let me put it this way
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PgjcgqFYP4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kKn5LNhNto

The fact is, people are stupid enough to think this **** holds merit.

Well, like you said, it's always been my understanding that California was a pretty blue state. I wouldn't be too worried. But out of curiosity, if the proposition were to pass, what would happen to all the couples that have already been married?
The Grandfather Clause protects that, unless they want to eliminate that as well. For gays only, of course.

I'm all for Prop 2, Prop 7, Prop 5, and Prop 10, for the record. :/

Blooqkazoo

Smash Journeyman
Wow, that's gotta suck getting married then the marriage becoming void. Not like I'm gay or will ever get married.[sigh]

blink777

Smash Journeyman
Can't stop in long (BADLY need to be sleeping now), but I thought I'd pop in and throw a link to my Halloween pics HERE.

Gayin' it up hardcore tomorrow night. Hopefully I'll find time to stop in here to update y'all.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
it's like the civil rights movement all over again <_<

well... except we don't have it nearly so bad as they did.

Smash Master
I don't get how religious people can't see the parallel between this and their ancestors hyping up the faults of interracial marriage.

Or the parallel between the outrage over invitro fertilization which involves discarding several zygotes, and the current abortion issue, but this isn't the topic for that I guess.

Yukichu

Smash Apprentice
I just came out via myspace. :3 I feel happy. I hope people notice it.

bored

Smash Ace
MySpace? Really? I remember I did mine by text message. I only came out to only one friend, which quickly spread to everyone I hanged out with. Haha. But I didn't brake down the closet in a giant rainbow extravaganza or anything. I just led her on to the idea until she finally asked me.

Smash Master
I told my friend in person one day because I was pretty sure I was going to kill myself, and I thought it would end the friendship. It didn't, and I didn't.

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
I told my friend in person one day because I was pretty sure I was going to kill myself, and I thought it would end the friendship. It didn't, and I didn't.
=/ @ the killing yourself idea.

But =) @ the ending.

I'm 100% straight, so I don't fit the description of this topic title at all, but I do have some friends who are gay/lesbian/bi.

Its never altered my friendship with them at all, and I feel like it's such a pity that people who do fit in those categories find it so difficult to let people know because of the consequences that they think will occur.

I had a female friend who was bi. She was probably one of the sweetest girls ever, plus she was really pretty, but she would always get **** about being what she was. So did some of her friends who happened to be lesbians. People really need to stop judging on stupid stuff like whether someone is gay or straight. I can't understand how that can be a measure of character.

Meh. I'm glad things worked out for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom