• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LGBT Smashers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takumaru

Smash Lord
Question for all you gays who are out: do you feel like people expect you to act really flamboyant or that you have to fit a very stereotypical model of what a gay man should be?

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Question for all you gays who are out: do you feel like people expect you to act really flamboyant or that you have to fit a very stereotypical model of what a gay man should be?
I dunno about the "really flamboyant" part, but people seem to expect something. Once I come out to people, they sometimes refer to me as being one of the "normal" ones. >_>

Maybe all the people I know hang out with drag queens behind my back?

xenialshadow

Smash Cadet
They totally expect something. For me, it was everyone expected me to know everything about fashion, every other gay person in the school, and how to solve their problems using gay knowledge. Though i DID know all of those things, it was still what they expected me to know. They didn't expect me to become thooper gay but i didn't have to be really straight-acting like before. I could be more myself which was awesome ^__^

Smash Master
My straight friends act gayer than I do, so I don't think they expect me to know anything special because I like men.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
My straight friends act gayer than I do, so I don't think they expect me to know anything special because I like men.
Pretty much the same with me, except that I'm not even gay...:psycho:

What the ****? Why am I in this thread at all???!!!???

Takumaru

Smash Lord
Mmmm, thought I'd update you all. Yesterday I was hanging out with one of my lab partners. He's a really cool guy. Really open minded and laid back, and engaged too. Anyway, I asked him how he met his fiance and how long they've been together; just the usual stuff you ask an engaged guy. Then he asked me if I'd dated anyone or ever had anyone special and I responded "well not, girls haven't worked out for me and I kind of like men." Haha, I didn't even realize what I had said until after I said it. But anyway, he's cool with it and it's been such a huge weight of my shoulders knowing that someone else knows. I suppose fresh starts are a good thing.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Mmmm, thought I'd update you all. Yesterday I was hanging out with one of my lab partners. He's a really cool guy. Really open minded and laid back, and engaged too. Anyway, I asked him how he met his fiance and how long they've been together; just the usual stuff you ask an engaged guy. Then he asked me if I'd dated anyone or ever had anyone special and I responded "well not, girls haven't worked out for me and I kind of like men." Haha, I didn't even realize what I had said until after I said it. But anyway, he's cool with it and it's been such a huge weight of my shoulders knowing that someone else knows. I suppose fresh starts are a good thing.
*big homo hug*

wow... just wow... you only just realize you're gay and you already start coming out to people you interact with on a regular basis.... I'm so proud I could cry.

wish I had that kind of chutzpa :urg:

Takumaru

Smash Lord
*big homo hug*

wow... just wow... you only just realize you're gay and you already start coming out to people you interact with on a regular basis.... I'm so proud I could cry.

wish I had that kind of chutzpa :urg:
Meh, it's more like I always knew and a certain someone gave me a push in the right direction.

*hugs back*

dawgbowl

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-2803-2467

Not really, I don't seem to fit the stereotypes in any way really... I'm just, me.

Sometimes people do a double take if they don't know me, but other than that its rarely a problem.

Nice Takumaru, I was nervous as hell when I came out to my friend for the first time... but it slowly becomes easier and eventually its just natural. (Parents, well... they are a different story entirely >_> )

Andydark

Smash Journeyman
Bourbonnais IL||I consider myself competent. AIM:
Yeah, I mentioned this in the group, but feel as though the group has since died.

But as a fun fact, I'm in a relationship.

GASP.

It's the guy I mentioned in the previous topic that I said "I love you" to when under the influence of sleeping pills. I haven't been this happy in a while.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Yeah, I mentioned this in the group, but feel as though the group has since died.

But as a fun fact, I'm in a relationship.

GASP.

It's the guy I mentioned in the previous topic that I said "I love you" to when under the influence of sleeping pills. I haven't been this happy in a while.
awwwr. I want a somebody now :urg:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I guess I should mention it, as well... I'm also in a relationship now.

It's with the girl I first came out too. I liked her before I came out to her, but I decided that there was no chance in the world she'd ever like me so I figured having her as somebody who understood me for who I am would be better... but shortly afterwards I pretty much fell in love. >_<

The other day I found out that she likes me back and she has since a little bit before I came out to her... but she still liked me after I came out to her...

So I got very lucky here. She's the most amazing person ever and I could not ask for a better girlfriend. Even though this is my first relationship I have to take it very seriously because she's amazingly amazing, and she also accepts and likes me for who I am.

I've pretty much won the lottery in finding her and being with her. o_o

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
My sisters were all in town this last week, and asked me if I wanted to go get pedicures with them. Hahahaha. Other than that, my family really hasn't talked about it. At all.

My friends didn't expect me to be much different, either. *shrug*

Glad to hear about all your relationships! I still hang out with my ex... every day... it really sucks. A lot of people say that if a couple breaks up, and they want to stay friends, they need to give each other a few weeks of space-- well, we were best friends before we were dating... so there's not much we can do. Grawr! Every time we're watching a movie, I just want to cuddle up to him. :(

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
:<

There aren't any other fabulous people at my school. No luck here. Stop being so lucky with relationships, guys!

Daysoo

Smash Ace
Status update:

- Won another barlw tourney. A little over $200.
- Trying to quit drinking, with some manner of success this time. 16 days sober.
- Still single, sadly. The guy I was interested in has been a bit of a flake recently. :<

Glad to hear some of you are having better luck in your respective love lives than I am. n.n;

Smash Master
I don't know how to meet people. I don't drink, and drinking is a small pet peeve of mine (I don't like being around the smell,) so bars are out. It's not like I can go up to someone and ask them out either.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I don't know how to meet people. I don't drink, and drinking is a small pet peeve of mine (I don't like being around the smell,) so bars are out. It's not like I can go up to someone and ask them out either.
I have much the same problem... by being a college student who doesn't really enjoy the party scene... I'm not only severly limiting my options... I'm also limiting my opportunities to meet someone in the first place.

that and the whole being int he closet thing is another deterrent

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I'm a college student and I've never been to a single of those "parties" and I have a girlfriend.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I'm a college student and I've never been to a single of those "parties" and I have a girlfriend.
well lucky you XD

I had a few attempts at girlfriends... but most of them backfired... probably because they aren't the right gender for me:laugh:

xenialshadow

Smash Cadet
Party scenes aren't the only place to meet guys. All my boyfriends have either been friends first or introduced to me by other friends. I've gone clubbing and to parties, but that's not where i've met guys. A lot of my friends are gay and we always just hook each other up with other gay friends or just have a gay outting at the mall and see what happens. I think it's just having connections or just going up to a guy and start talking to him if you're not all that into the party scene. I've only gotten hook-ups at parties anyway, not relationships. I think it's the drinking...

And go Desu for being sober for more than a fortnight! Congrats, dude! If you're tryin' to quit, then keep it up ^___^

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
I'm about to head out to Dallas pride!

I hope to have very fondled memories of tonight!

Smash Master
My friends aren't gay. I can't tell if someone is gay before befriending them. I guess I'll just have to be lucky at some point.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
wow... well I avoided well enough... but I guess that's because I was with a friend... which made us look like a couple.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
ah well... I always do my best to try to avoid situations like that I guess... i.e. shy away from the drunks

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
It's so boring to watch, I wanted to Oedipus my eyes out.

Have you guys read Pride and Prejudice? We're reading it in my Jane Austen class and I find it amazing.

Takumaru

Smash Lord
I've read Pride and Prejudice and Emma. Jane Austin is one sexy ***** for writing those books. They're kinda dramatic but I love them.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
A lot of people say that if a couple breaks up, and they want to stay friends, they need to give each other a few weeks of space-- etc
It would vary from person-to-person of course, but with my experience it's 100% accurate. Except replace "few weeks" with "few months." I talked to the ex for the first time tonight since like May.

Pardon my intrusion on the LGBT topic, as I'm not. However, I have no problem with people who are and hate prejudice more than almost anything on this planet, so there is that.

Dedu

Smash Lord
lol attractionment to flirtment to excitement then fondlement... at parties.
The next step determines whether they'll become friends or buddies or neither.

Depends how you go that night. Parties usually aren't the best places to get a boyfriend.
Nor are the places for finding a boyfriend are usually not the best places for hooking up...

I go out plenty of times (at least once a week) in Sydney to Oxford St. Its not bad but its not good either. The gay scene has been taken over by the straight guys from Kings X.
Going out is better than sitting at home every day on the computer for the rest of your life. Nice to get out and partaay with the right people :-).

Brawl is not waay better than melee. :D
hmmm!

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
I said that Anne de Bourgh was a hot mess in the BBC version and my prof couldn't stop giggling.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
It's so boring to watch, I wanted to Oedipus my eyes out.

Have you guys read Pride and Prejudice? We're reading it in my Jane Austen class and I find it amazing.
I found it dry and boring.... I enjoyed the characters, really I did... but honestly I found it trying... al the silly etiqutte and appearance considerations that no longer hold any relevance....

also... I read it towards the end of my 2nd year in an advanced placement literature and composition class.... so I was already booked out by then.... I didn't even bother reading "Tale of Two Cities" or any Tochilovsky.... and I told my instructor that I wasn't going to :p..... but then again... it's not just the time period... because we read Cyrano De Bergerac even later and I loved it..... but I'm a weird person who didn't hate the scarlet letter... even if I didn't particularly love it... and.... dear god I'm rambling so far off topic it's not funny.

so let's bring this all back.... hrmm... gay stuf....

well you guys know I'm still in the closet and all... but MAYBE there's a cute gay guy in most of my classes, who I work down the hall from as a teacher's assistant... and MAYBE I know that he at least USED to be interested in me....

and MAYBE when I saw him yesterday I accidentally stared which resulted in my stumbling and splashing scalding hot chai tea all over my face :ohwell:

I'm a failure:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom