• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LGBT Smashers

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPC M. Angseth

Smash Cadet
Sure, it's hypocritical for people of a demographic to discriminate against those of some other sect of said demographic, but it's not uncommon in the LGBT world, trust me. There are a lot of people who view their homosexuality as a pedigree, and as such, they'd rather not be lumped in the same category as bisexuals or(god forbid) the transgendered. I'm not fishing for sympathy or even support, but when a gay man tells you that you're mentally ill after you tell him you're transgendered, it is inevitable that you'll develop a certain degree of cynicism.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Then phooey on them. You need good support for yourself, too, after all. Finding people isn't exactly easy for me in person, either. It's getting to the point that I just want to give up on looking until someone just tells me he's interested. :p
oh I do support myself. But I'm not foolish enough to come out to people when I KNOW it'll strain our relationship.

and, don't worry hun. if you are lookig for someone, you WILL find someone, it's just a matter of time... and patience: a lot of patience.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
like years of patience? its kinda not looking so good if the only time someone was mildly interested in you is for inappropriate reasons. and this was only 1 time. freakish hour of my life lol :(

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
like years of patience? its kinda not looking so good if the only time someone was mildly interested in you is for inappropriate reasons. and this was only 1 time. freakish hour of my life lol :(
once again hypocrisy will pass through my lips, but you aren't going to find people if you aren't looking. if you expect people to come to you, you most likely won't find the right type of person.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
tried it and it doesn't seem to work well for me. i can't even hold basic friends so i quit trying. i have issues dealing with people....

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
I do the same thing. Basically, all the members of my family that I care of their opinion know. Friends will know if they get to know me at all, or if I feel like just being funny. ^_^

Anywho, I won't ever stop looking. I just hope that someone else makes the first move... it'd certainly be a self-esteem boost if that happened. I might not find that happening unless I get out of Michigan, though.

And Jiggly, the best advice I can give is to focus more on yourself and your own issues, there. It's really difficult, if not impossible, to love anyone if you have personal demons and whatnot getting in the way. If you need anyone to talk to, you know a bunch of people here wouldn't mind. At least, I don't think we will. ^_^;

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
but thats the problem Mikey lol. here its easy cause people don't have to see my face or hear my voice first. and i just find it so much easier to chat with people here, at least i know they read my words. when in RL i either choke up or can't really find anything to talk about to hold peoples attention. idk where my self esteem lvl is anyway. its so low i know that. ive been outcast and kinda weird from other people too long....

Dedu

Smash Lord
can't hold basic friends?
Get your issues out of the way (in other words talk about them with someone close)
Then be yourself and don't worry what other people will think about what you will say.

Harder than it sounds, I know. I had to deal with issues that i developed in high school because everyone there was the idiot, not me. After that I realised I was holding back myself in reaction to what everyone said and judged.
Now I just let it all out in the open. *in b4 what he said*

Since then I managed to get better friends... And gay friends.
Remember, you have to take it one step at a time.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I have never seen a rainbow shirt that works.

And the Tyra gif is homowin.

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
Dedu is actually completely right, jiggly. You can write it off as too hard, but the fact is unless you want it to change, it won't. You have to work at changing that, and it doesn't even have to be talking about yourself. First you have to find yourself, or at least get a better idea of yourself, then you have to stay true to that. It was always really hard for me to even admit a guy was cute, for instance, to anyone in particular. It'd be hard for me to take a compliment of any kind, and now I can take at least a couple.

It all starts with you. Of all the lessons that college and living in the real world as an adult gave me, that is one that I now know for a fact. If you're sad and don't have any friends, and have a hard time with yourself, it's time to do some soul searching to find who you are, who you want as friends, and who you want as otherwise. It is hard, but it's also necessary.

Red Wolf

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4527-8509-1299
Then phooey on them. You need good support for yourself, too, after all. Finding people isn't exactly easy for me in person, either. It's getting to the point that I just want to give up on looking until someone just tells me he's interested. :p
same here....hmmm maybe this semester will be the time...this one guy in my class constantly smiles at me and told me that I am funny and cute....but I dunno....I keep thinking it may be a trap and set myself into something bad....so I may just wait to see if he says something that can be..I dunno...positive?

SPC M. Angseth

Smash Cadet
If there's one thing I hate more than anything, it's being asked "what are you going to do with your life?" by people who used to be authority figures in my life. I answer to only one person, that being my girlfriend(she's bigger than me!), and other people really need to shove the hell off. I mean, I realize my mother's worried about me, but she knows what I intend to do with my life. I intend to transition, then go from there. When people ask me that it really tears me up. It's like...excuse me? What am I going to do with my life? What freakin' business is that of yours?

Red Wolf

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4527-8509-1299
If there's one thing I hate more than anything, it's being asked "what are you going to do with your life?" by people who used to be authority figures in my life. I answer to only one person, that being my girlfriend(she's bigger than me!), and other people really need to shove the hell off. I mean, I realize my mother's worried about me, but she knows what I intend to do with my life. I intend to transition, then go from there. When people ask me that it really tears me up. It's like...excuse me? What am I going to do with my life? What freakin' business is that of yours?
Agreed.....my parents were the same way....sadly one of em spilled the beans to my aunt and she gave me an annoying lecture about my possible future and what I should do....-_-!

IShotLazer

Smash Journeyman
I have, what I found out recently, a gay friend. XD.
If I could change things, I'd be gay myself.
I find men much more interesting, just not attractive. If only I could of had both XD.

However, further thinking about the subject made me sad because it's much hard to find someone's acceptance or someone you like because only 1/10 people are actually gay.
Furthermore, it's odd just blatantly asking everyone that they are gay, so those who are gay might not openly appear to be gay to others gays making things even more difficult.

My condolences in that aspect and only that one. I envy the rest.

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
same here....hmmm maybe this semester will be the time...this one guy in my class constantly smiles at me and told me that I am funny and cute....but I dunno....I keep thinking it may be a trap and set myself into something bad....so I may just wait to see if he says something that can be..I dunno...positive?
Well, you can do something like that. If you're really worried about it, I say talk to him a bit more, then see what happens. If you're still scared then, have friends around and such when you hang out with him to test the waters or something. No one said you had to jump at the chance right away. I wish you the best of luck, though! ^_^

Red Wolf

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4527-8509-1299
Well, you can do something like that. If you're really worried about it, I say talk to him a bit more, then see what happens. If you're still scared then, have friends around and such when you hang out with him to test the waters or something. No one said you had to jump at the chance right away. I wish you the best of luck, though! ^_^
Thanks Mikey...I will try that....lol you know today I was gonna ask him if he wanted to hang out sometime or if he has a myspace or facebook in case one of us does not make it to class....my stomach felt like bad because I was so nervous to ask but I was gonna do it but he took off 10 min early...I was like maybe I should go after him...but lecture was still going on and my sis was sitting next me so I decided to stay and try my luck on thursday since we also have lab along with lecture (omg 6 hours of class 0_o!)....lol I just dont want to scare him off....lol on a side note he said I was funny again today...XD!

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I have, what I found out recently, a gay friend. XD.
If I could change things, I'd be gay myself.
I find men much more interesting, just not attractive. If only I could of had both XD.

However, further thinking about the subject made me sad because it's much hard to find someone's acceptance or someone you like because only 1/10 people are actually gay.
Furthermore, it's odd just blatantly asking everyone that they are gay, so those who are gay might not openly appear to be gay to others gays making things even more difficult.

My condolences in that aspect and only that one. I envy the rest.
what... a straight boy wants to be gay... what is the world coming to and WHY ISN'T IT COMING THAT WAY FASTER!?!

also.... 1/10 is a gross overestimate. that "figure" everyone quotes was obtained by polling sexual deviants... like, you know, convicted sex offenders. it's probably under even 5%... honestly take a group of 100 people do you really expect 10 to be gay? I don't... I'd say 5% is probably even generous.

but I digress. Good luck RED!

Smash Master
I told my hot roommate I think he's hot. Now we're former roommates. So sad. Turns out he's definitely heterosexual. I miss him already.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
awww... that's awful. Funny though :laugh:

I'd expect one person out of those one hundred to be gay...
ditto. in my higschool class of >200.. there were 4 of us I think... and that's counting bisexual.... so maybe 2/100.... still nowhere near 10

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
i hear ya, but i just don't know me......idk where to even start looking....
Then maybe you should try finding a support group? Talking about yourself and hearing other people talk about themselves helps.

Luckily you live in a big city, so support groups will be easier to find there than if you lived in the middle of nowhere.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Then maybe you should try finding a support group? Talking about yourself and hearing other people talk about themselves helps.

Luckily you live in a big city, so support groups will be easier to find there than if you lived in the middle of nowhere.
*lives in the middle of nowhere*

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
@Livvers
i don't feel very comfortable around alot of people often. i also don't like spotlight being on me for very long. maybe cause im usually off to the side so much. i mean despite being kinda tall its amazing how i can just slip away and no one notices unless im gone for an extreamly long period of time even around family members i just sneak away and no one knows....

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
So... the guy I like apparently has a girlfriend AND I freak him out.
Like, a lot. The difference between me and a shark in a tank is the tank.
AT LEAST I know he's deffinitely not into me cause believe me, he gave out some strong signals...
He doesn't know I like him so I dunno why he avoids me like herpes, but I'm sad we can't even be friends.

Ah... this sucks.

SPC M. Angseth

Smash Cadet
Agreed.....my parents were the same way....sadly one of em spilled the beans to my aunt and she gave me an annoying lecture about my possible future and what I should do....-_-!
The guy I was renting a room from found out I'm trans from my mom's girlfriend(he thinks my mother's lesbianism is solely responsible for my childhood trauma) during my plans to move out. He told me "If you ever decide to forget this stupid business and be the man Jesus himself wanted you to be, you can come back and see me anytime, provided you allow me to cure you." I was furious. I said nothing to him, but honestly, not a day goes by I don't ask myself why I didn't give him some Sweet Chin Music, HBK-style.

Deception

Smash Ace
The guy I was renting a room from found out I'm trans from my mom's girlfriend(he thinks my mother's lesbianism is solely responsible for my childhood trauma) during my plans to move out. He told me "If you ever decide to forget this stupid business and be the man Jesus himself wanted you to be, you can come back and see me anytime, provided you allow me to cure you." I was furious. I said nothing to him, but honestly, not a day goes by I don't ask myself why I didn't give him some Sweet Chin Music, HBK-style.
Ouch, I hate when people use wrongly use their religion to back up their biased reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom