• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LGBT Smashers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
@Livvers
i don't feel very comfortable around alot of people often. i also don't like spotlight being on me for very long. maybe cause im usually off to the side so much. i mean despite being kinda tall its amazing how i can just slip away and no one notices unless im gone for an extreamly long period of time even around family members i just sneak away and no one knows....
And if you don't push your boundaries, you will never change.

I used to have social phobia. I still do to an extent, but I'm working through it. I decided that I hated who I was, what I was missing out on, and became determined to change myself for the better. It's taken me years to get where I am, but it feels amazing.

K, I'm done getting off topic in the LGBTect topic =)

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I myself am Christian, and I honestly think that if Jesus ever does come back, he'll find people like that guy and just hit them with rolled-up newspapers, like "No....no."
yup yup. my parents think they are being "good" people for doing hteir civic duty and voting against gay marriage because it's wrong.

I'll laugh when they see how ignorant it was to ever legislate against love. Hard to back up that with religion ain't it?

SPC M. Angseth

Smash Cadet
I seem to the the only human being alive who's aware of marriage's true point and purpose. It's a business transaction designed to unite families on a legal basis. It has absolutely nothing to do with love. Christianity twisted that too.
I am opposed to gay marriage because I am opposed to all marriage. Nothing personal.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
And if you don't push your boundaries, you will never change.

I used to have social phobia. I still do to an extent, but I'm working through it. I decided that I hated who I was, what I was missing out on, and became determined to change myself for the better. It's taken me years to get where I am, but it feels amazing.

K, I'm done getting off topic in the LGBTect topic =)
i wish i had that kind of strength to do so.......

I seem to the the only human being alive who's aware of marriage's true point and purpose. It's a business transaction designed to unite families on a legal basis. It has absolutely nothing to do with love. Christianity twisted that too.
I am opposed to gay marriage because I am opposed to all marriage. Nothing personal.
lol

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
Now that I can respect, honestly. It's a logical stance not bias in anything religion for once. ^_^

All in all, though, I do hope to someday be able to be united with a guy I fall for. You know, without having to leave the country or have some BS about it not being recognized anywhere else. That'd be nice.

Oh, and by the way, I completely agree with wanting to give that guy Sweet Chin Music. He deserves it for taking his religious beliefs that far to try and even suggest of 'curing' you of it. -_-; Honestly, I'm not a Christian or anything, but isn't passing judgment onto other people something people definitely should NEVER do?

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
Now that I can respect, honestly. It's a logical stance not bias in anything religion for once. ^_^

All in all, though, I do hope to someday be able to be united with a guy I fall for. You know, without having to leave the country or have some BS about it not being recognized anywhere else. That'd be nice.

Oh, and by the way, I completely agree with wanting to give that guy Sweet Chin Music. He deserves it for taking his religious beliefs that far to try and even suggest of 'curing' you of it. -_-; Honestly, I'm not a Christian or anything, but isn't passing judgment onto other people something people definitely should NEVER do?
1. Thank you. 'Ppreciate it.
2. I can sympathize, but honestly, I think marriage isn't the best of ideas for someone you love. Marriage is a corporate institution(one of humanity's oldest), and I'm not the kind of person who likes to institutionalize things that don't merit it. Love, in my opinion, doesn't merit institution or corporate interference.
3. Yeah. He deserved to have his teeth kicked down his throat. Out of the goodness of my heart, he's still alive.

Red Wolf

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4527-8509-1299
hey guys! I got to know the guy I kinda have a thing for a little bit more...mainly just school and career choice...man o man I am finding a lot of things we have in common....he laughs/smiles at a lot of the reaction...but I am still somewhat shy of what to say to him still :p....still cant get away from that....still dont know if he is...well you know....hopefully I will get to hang with him outside of class to get to know him better :p

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
well, I wish you the best. and if he's not.... you know.... then hopefully he's at least cool enough to be your friend :D

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
So I'm planning on donating blood next Tuesday at my high school. I'm 17 and getting the little permission slip signed, but my boyfriend told me something that kinda concerns me:

"You can't give blood. I tried to give last year but they wouldn't take it. Something about 'gay activities' being too much of a risk for them..."

This isn't true is it? But if it is should I lie?

I'm pretty certain I'm clean and everything, wouldn't the good outweigh the lie?

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
So I'm planning on donating blood next Tuesday at my high school. I'm 17 and getting the little permission slip signed, but my boyfriend told me something that kinda concerns me:

"You can't give blood. I tried to give last year but they wouldn't take it. Something about 'gay activities' being too much of a risk for them..."

I'm pretty certain I'm clean and everything, wouldn't the good outweigh the lie?
Go ahead and lie. Even if you are infected with something, they still test the blood to make sure its clean-- so there really isn't any harm done.

I actually use it as an excuse not to donate blood.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
They actually do discriminate against gay blood? That's idiotic...

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725

they discriminate because AIDS is so prevalent... but if you are clean, and you know it, then go for it. especially if you have a needed blood type.

they just know it spreads more easily through umm... love making of the rear area... and so they are just trying to be safe. don't get on them too bad for it:ohwell:

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
they just know it spreads more easily through umm... love making of the rear area... and so they are just trying to be safe. don't get on them too bad for it:ohwell:
It spreads through semen, blood, vag juices, and breast milk. It doesn't spread easier through behind than it does up front.

You also may not be able to donate if you've been to certain countries during certain years, or if you're taking certain medications. They make you read a whole list of things.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
It spreads through semen, blood, vag juices, and breast milk. It doesn't spread easier through behind than it does up front.

You also may not be able to donate if you've been to certain countries during certain years, or if you're taking certain medications. They make you read a whole list of things.
unfortunately that's not entierely correct.

it spreads through all those things, but the intestine is designed to absord nutrients... ergo stuff that goes in there is more likely to make it into the blood stream.

so, yes, the up front was not built to absorb.. the back was... let's not go there though.

if you know you're clean... then do it, but you could always flag that you ARE sexually active if that's the case... no reason to lie.

Amide

Smash Lord
They actually do discriminate against gay blood? That's idiotic...
Especially since when people are dying when needing blood, they don't really give a **** about who the blood is from if it's clean. I don't think they have a way of telling if you're gay or not though.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Especially since when people are dying when needing blood, they don't really give a **** about who the blood is from if it's clean. I don't think they have a way of telling if you're gay or not though.
they won't refuse to use it... they'll just know to screen it extra carefully for AIDS...

seriously what's with all the Red Cross hate?

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I don't hate the Red Cross. The Red Cross has donated so much time and resources to helping people across the world. Sorry if I sounded negative:urg:
wasn't focused at you. I just seemed to notice that I was the only one not being all "omg blood drive is teh dizcriminatorz!!! :mad:"

and it's not that way at all.:ohwell: AIDS is a big problem and they won't catch EVERYTHING EVERY time with a standard screening. Saying you are at an increased risk for AIDS just tells them to look extra hard. And, yes, being gay and sexually active makes you at higher risk :ohwell:

I am gay for De De De

Smash Cadet
unfortunately that's not entierely correct.

it spreads through all those things, but the intestine is designed to absord nutrients... ergo stuff that goes in there is more likely to make it into the blood stream.

so, yes, the up front was not built to absorb.. the back was... let's not go there though.

if you know you're clean... then do it, but you could always flag that you ARE sexually active if that's the case... no reason to lie.
Technically using the anus in that fashion creates microtears in the muscle, as does exercising any muscle. The reason why the transmission rate is so high for anal sex, is because the semen gets almost a free pass into the bloodstream through these microtears.

Nevertheless, when I was in highschool, having homosexual relations was a "high risk" activity and automatically barred one from giving blood.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
wasn't focused at you. I just seemed to notice that I was the only one not being all "omg blood drive is teh dizcriminatorz!!! :mad:"
I don't hate them either - I'm actually going to be doing some community service with them some time soon.

It's just, you know, straight people get AIDS too.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I don't hate them either - I'm actually going to be doing some community service with them some time soon.

It's just, you know, straight people get AIDS too.
yes yes. I know. It's just that statistics say we are far more likely to contract it.

if staright people were running around having bareback all the time they'd be banned from giving blood too.

heh. I guess you can lie if you want. There IS a blood shortage after all.

They est the blood for HIV/AIDS anyway, and they'll catch it 999,998/1,000,000 times I think.... or some ludicrously high number like that.

if it's worth it to you to risk that. Then why not? you'd probably do more good than ill.

But, then again, if you have some nearly useless to donate blood type... like AB+... why bother?

Regardless it doesn't afect me at this point because I'm still extra virgin with desirable blood. (I'm an "O" and from years of running cross country I have a much higher than average concentration of red blood cells, so I'm allowed to give double the amount)

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I was denied from giving blood.

Heh, but not because of my homo-plasma. I'm actually taking a medication they'd rather not transmit, so yeah. All that for nothing.

Save it for next time then.

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
Soo, whats up guys? :)

So I guess this is my coming out post to the smash community at large, hah.

bored

Smash Ace
I love only boys.

I don't know why I said I was bisexual, I guess I just thought women were attractive, but not in a sexual way.

cwm123

Smash Cadet
So I need a little bit of advice. I take two Bio classes, a lab and a lecture, and this guy is in both of them. He is so cute. I mean I felt my heart jump the first time I saw him. The semester is half way over, and he still barely even knows that I exist. I think that he might even be straight. The way he talks and moves doesn't raise any rainbow-colored flags, but he wears a man-bag and he has some style!

I don't know what to do! I secretly hope that someone will bust me on my crush right in front of him, just so I can get his reaction! I try to just get to know him, but my mind goes blank whenever I see him. I even forget to smile when he walks by, and I hate myself the moment he looks away... it's hopeless isn't it? :(

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I love only boys.

I don't know why I said I was bisexual, I guess I just thought women were attractive, but not in a sexual way.
Yeah, that happens. I told myself the same thing in my freshman year of high school. I guess you just get so used to thinking you like girls that you kind of cling to the idea, even when you start to realize it's not true.

eh. send out feelers and facebook stalk XD
That's fool-proof! Especially the last part. Do it.

bored

Smash Ace
Yeah, that happens. I told myself the same thing in my freshman year of high school. I guess you just get so used to thinking you like girls that you kind of cling to the idea, even when you start to realize it's not true.
Yeah, its nice to know your true sexuality, rather than be so indecisive about what gender turns you on more.

Haha, I think this one guy in my street law class is hitting on me, that or he really wants to be good friends.

Red Wolf

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4527-8509-1299
So I need a little bit of advice. I take two Bio classes, a lab and a lecture, and this guy is in both of them. He is so cute. I mean I felt my heart jump the first time I saw him. The semester is half way over, and he still barely even knows that I exist. I think that he might even be straight. The way he talks and moves doesn't raise any rainbow-colored flags, but he wears a man-bag and he has some style!

I don't know what to do! I secretly hope that someone will bust me on my crush right in front of him, just so I can get his reaction! I try to just get to know him, but my mind goes blank whenever I see him. I even forget to smile when he walks by, and I hate myself the moment he looks away... it's hopeless isn't it? :(
Hmmm I am in the same boat as you...just recently I had started talking to the guy I have a thing for in my lab and lecture class and things are going good so far...but I just wish I can get some kind rainbow flag from him...he says I am funny and likes the reactions I make in class...on thurs I finally had courage to give him my number...but I waited till the end and just quickly left class...too scared to see what he would say...the funny thing was that I wrote him a note...nothing much besides the numb and how sleepy I was in class...he tried writing something....but he crumbled the note he was writing...so I wonder what that means...

anyway sorry about talking about my thing...hmmm do you usally get to choose partners for lab or something? Also try to talk to him...I know its hard but i found out that the everyone is waiting for someone to talk to them....I had major luck with the ppl I had a crush on ....they all seem serious but they open up pretty fast(which was kind of a shocker to me)....hmmm facebook and myspce is ok....but I tend to have no luck...

Heartless Prince Of Light

Smash Apprentice
Hyrule Castle, staring at the Bridge Of Eldin
You Guys...I need help, literally...I don't know who else to turn to but you guys...

Me and my boyfriend ended it, and he's saying that it's only temporary, and that he's trying to get his mom off his back, but....somehow, I don't think it's true....

I don't know what was it that I did wrong...or maybe he got tired of me...I don't know what to do...please...I'm at the end of my rope...he was literally, my life...

Smash Master
Everyone goes through this. He thinks he can do better. You don't want him to try, but you can't stop him.

"'Tis better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all"

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
heheheh. yeah. You go through stages of denial. At least I did. I went from straight, to straight with some gay tendancies, to bi-curious, to bisexual, to preferring guys to just all out gay in my mind.

That's fool-proof! Especially the last part. Do it.
that's what it's there for right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom