• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LGBT Smashers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timbers

check me out
Yeah... I prefer the waiting on an angle cover because I like that song better. (I prefer the original by Ben Harper... but this is still really good)
If you don't mind the fact that she's a girl doing a My Chemical Romance cover, you should love this one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ThHPXqMsfc
I'm inclined to like this cover more than MCR's, because I hate MCR =3

She has a great voice though.
wow... that's creepy... like legitimately, I'd sleep with my sais at my bedside if she was on me.

wow... why the hell was she so interested in you? are you god's gift to women or something? no wait... that's right, you can't be... because I am
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a266/Sonic_The_Hedgedawg/HalloweenCostume.jpg
lawl

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
What do you mean by "angle cover?" And the song I put up was made by Regina Spektor. I like Ben Harper, but yeah...
he does a cover of "waiting on an angel" by Ben harper... I like it better

Ooh, My Chemical Romance. I love that song, its probably one of my favorite songs they've done, if not my all time favorite. The other songs I like they did are: "Disenchanted," "Cancer," "Famous Last Words," "Helena," "The Ghost of You," and their cover of "Under Pressure" with the Used. The girl did a great rendition of the song.
Helena is probably theirbest song ever... especially with the music video... but Dead, ghost of you, teenagers, and welcome to the black parade are also great... as for this particular song... I like the girl better than MCR >_<

Wow...you look really...special...and not in the good way. Your eyes are like stoned or something. XD
give me a break... it was effing 7:30 in the mornin' >_<

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
he does a cover of "waiting on an angel" by Ben harper... I like it better

Helena is probably theirbest song ever... especially with the music video... but Dead, ghost of you, teenagers, and welcome to the black parade are also great... as for this particular song... I like the girl better than MCR >_<

give me a break... it was effing 7:30 in the mornin' >_<
Oh, now I get what your saying. Yeah, he does a lot of really good renditions and his cover on Waiting For An Angel was so tender and melodic. Plus, he's not too bad to look at when listening to him. ;)

That girl's version was really sincere. I just wished she had a lower register in her tone of voice, but nonetheless still an impressive performance.

Nice to see you up and at em' in the morning beautiful. ;p

Timbers

check me out
Helena is one of the few songs I like from them. Teenagers is another good one.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Since people seem to be mentioning clubs... yeah clubs rock, as long as you know how to dance well (which you can easily pick up from going to clubs and lurking a bit, just give it time).

So yeah, if you enjoy socializing (generally attempting to pick people up), dancing, and (when you're legal if you're not) drinking while doing the above things, clubs rock.

No particular expirience with gay clubs, lol, but I imagine that they're not that different from the clubs I frequent, just a different target audience.

Happy 4th of July everyone in the United States!!
*Seconded*

And Happy Filipino-American Friendship day to everyone from the either the Philippines or the US.

wow... that's creepy... like legitimately, I'd sleep with my sais at my bedside if she was on me.

wow... why the hell was she so interested in you? are you god's gift to women or something? no wait... that's right, you can't be... because I am
No, you're confusing yourself with me... lol

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
clubbing isn't my scene... I know I'm extroverted with peope I know.... but at a club or a party I cam up and become awkward and silent.

As for gay clubs... as much as I'm all for the gays, I don;t think I could ever set foot into one. Some of my friends have been but... I mean... it's rather different... Believe it or not... MORE people want to get into MORE PEOPLE'S pants... and there are occasionally drag queens... who severely creep me out.

Timbers

check me out
As for gay clubs... as much as I'm all for the gays, I don;t think I could ever set foot into one. Some of my friends have been but... I mean... it's rather different... Believe it or not... MORE people want to get into MORE PEOPLE'S pants... and there are occasionally drag queens... who severely creep me out.
I feel the same way. I mean, yeah it's cool, but it'd feel weird to pick up anyone in general at a club. Drag queens scare me >.< I'm sorry, but overly feminate guys just do that to me. I like guys to still be guys, but no offense ot anyone who may be into that stuff here =\ Clubs are cool, but if I'm going it's with friends, not to pick anyone up.

Also happy 4th

blink777

Smash Journeyman
Oh. My. God. Best night ever.

First club sucked, but the second one was amazing. I was a little stand-off'ish at first, but then this guy... Without going into details for fear of Crimson King's wrath, I'm just going to say this: his tongue = god. He even gave me rose. Slutty thing on my part: I don't know his name. He has my number though.

I am so ridiculously happy right now, you have no idea.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer

First club sucked, but the second one was amazing. I was a little stand-off'ish at first, but then this guy... Without going into details for fear of Crimson King's wrath, I'm just going to say this: his tongue = god. He even gave me rose. Slutty thing on my part: I don't know his name. He has my number though.

That's mah boy! :D

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725

:O scandalous!

I am gay for De De De

Smash Cadet

bLINK, THIS KISS IS WHAT ALL TRUE WARRIORS STRIVE FOR

TheKingofBrawl

Smash Cadet
Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Gay people are...ok...?

Don't see how their sexual preferences can be related to the smash community.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light

Gay people are...ok...?

And I don't see how posts like this are relevant to the thread in question.

Post anymore flame-bait and I will report you.

Smooth Criminal

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer

Gay people are...ok...?

Well, first what your posting is flame bait. That's not good.

Secondly, this entire room doesn't have anything to do with Smash. Most of the boards below the Melee section don't. Didn't you read the description of the pool room?

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
I think one post towards him was enough. ^^; Let's not get carried away and insult him and gang up on him, his post isn't even THAT bad compared to others... also, it might just make him mad enough to come back and argue. Then the topic will go down the bad path again. ._.

Anyway... I wonder how long this topic will last, to think we've almost reached 200 pages and it doesn't even seem like it'll die anytime soon. ^^

Also, glad you had such a good time Blink777. =3

diabetic_yoshi

Smash Apprentice

Best costume EVA!!! But no amount of gift wrap will help against this hunka hunka burnin' luv. :p I did tell the girl that I read tarot cards, and the next thing I know she's licking my pen she borrowed. Ewww...

OMG we so had the exact same thing happen to us last night! Weird!!! The only thing is I was at a house party. We must have ESP or sumthin. Quick blink, which season of Buffy is my favorite? lol

This was my chain of events last night: veggie burgers and Uber-potato salad, cocktail, cocktail, fireworks, Smirnoff, cocktail, Mario Kart, Smirnoff, Rock Band, web-cam fun, cocktail, *censored*, cocktail, Rock Band and sleep. Fun night. :chuckle:

Anybody else set off fireworks of their own? *wink wink*

Heartless Prince Of Light

Smash Apprentice
Hyrule Castle, staring at the Bridge Of Eldin
Excuse mah double posting, but...I wanted to tell you some interesting facts about me...

Goods(I hope) :
I love the Hare Hare Yukai
I'm Bi and proud of it.
I love Zelda
I love Peach
I think most anime guys are hot like a motherflugger
I can't draw legs on an anime girl
I have dressed up like most SSBB Characters(cept for the Pokémanz!) for an anime convention.
I AM MIKURU ASAHINA!
I think Blink, Gay4D3, and Sonic the Hedgedawg are masive hawtness(not coming onto the straight man!)
And I believe it takes a strong heart to cry, but a stronger one to say why.

Bads(YAY!) :
I don't forgive easily.
I cry a lot.
I become cold after I suffer.
I don't shop enough.
I've never been kissed(by a guy or a girl)
I've never had someone say I love you, and mean it too.
I've smiled on more than one evil occasion.
*I hate you all...(read the end)

*Okay, that was there for fun, I really do love all of you guys, you kind of taught me to be myself when things go bad, and you've always made me smile since I've been here, I don't know what I'd do without you guys, so remember, if I say I HATE YOU, I'm just trying to say I LOVE YOU ALL AND I WISH I COULD HAVE ONE BIG, RANDOM, RAINBOW BASH WITH AL OF YOU in my own special 3-words-only way. ILY GUYS!*

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
Aww, you're nice and I'm bored, so I'm-a gonna do something down here...

Goods:
I don't know what Hare Hare Yuki is
I'm gay and I'm lovin' it.
I like Zelda
I like Peach, too.
Anime guys are very frequently bat-**** smexy.
I can't draw.
The closest I get to 'dressing up' is a suit & tie (which I look fierce in.)
I THINK THAT'S A COOL NAME
I agree... totally smexy. *so jealous*
And I like rhyming, too. (and that was very nice)

Bads(YAY!) :
I forgive too easily.
I don't cry a lot, but it's easy to get me to, if the circumstances present themselves.
I become cold so rarely. **** Texas @_@
I don't have enough money to shop too much.
I've never been kissed, as well. >_>
I've said it, but he didn't say it back.
I've smiled on more than one evil occasion. (What's so bad about that?)
Right back at ya.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
... Sonic the Hedgedawg are masive hawtness(not coming onto the straight man!)
w00t. I'll take it! never been called massive hawtness before... but I like it (or am I only massive hawtness if in conjunction with Blink and Gay4DDD?) Either way... I wish more chicks would be like you gay guys.... they never come onto you first. At least gay guys make me feel good about myself ^_^. Honestly girls... if you want the kyle... you've gotta let me know. lol... j/k... I'm not that vain, but seriously... girls need to hit on me too :(
And I believe it takes a strong heart to cry, but a stronger one to say why.
my motto: It might take a strong man not to cry, but it often takes a stronger man to be able cry.

I've never been kissed(by a guy or a girl)
ditto..... besides the stalker. I've made an attempt to kiss though... if you wanna hear it... it'll make you feel better about yourself.

KingRrMO said:
I agree... totally smexy. *so jealous*
thanks again sir... if you saw my current, as Timbers put it, rat carcass hair, you wouldn't agree. (sriously.. are gay guys just overly kind or are the women around me just overly stuffy?)

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Today has been quite the sucky day, but researching into this Hare Hare Yukai thing has amused me for a bit.
If you haven't seen this click, goddammit, CLICK!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mljdpRp41I4

Even then the internet has other "interesting" stuff to look at later...

Smash Apprentice
w00t. I'll take it! never been called massive hawtness before... but I like it (or am I only massive hawtness if in conjunction with Blink and Gay4DDD?) Either way... I wish more chicks would be like you gay guys.... they never come onto you first. At least gay guys make me feel good about myself ^_^. Honestly girls... if you want the kyle... you've gotta let me know. lol... j/k... I'm not that vain, but seriously... girls need to hit on me too :(

my motto: It might take a strong man not to cry, but it often takes a stronger man to be able cry.

ditto..... besides the stalker. I've made an attempt to kiss though... if you wanna hear it... it'll make you feel better about yourself.

thanks again sir... if you saw my current, as Timbers put it, rat carcass hair, you wouldn't agree. (sriously.. are gay guys just overly kind or are the women around me just overly stuffy?)
Okay, nope, you're massive hawtness by yourself! :)

I'd love to hear it.
and your hair is smexxy, not a rat carcass...my current hair's a rat carcass...it became curly again!
,>.<,
, ,
, ,

Faora Meridian

Smash Apprentice
I feel very very very strange, because a lot of people I know (especially gamers), are bat-**** loco for anime, some more choosy than others... and in all honesty, I... I just don't get it. *chuckles* At the risk of making a lot of people very very upset, I'm feeling an intense need to talk about anime for a moment.

My first problem is the art style, and this is a purely me thing. I know a lot of people who look at various artforms (and yes, despite not liking anime I call it an art form) objectively and form their opinions of the style, and they're fond of the anime art style. Personally, I find it looks... rediculous. *laughs* Of all my reasons for not liking anime, this is the one that no one will ever revoke.

Addendum: I find there is a line between Japanese CGI (Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children tickles my fanboi bone, amongst others) and anime. The visual issue that I have with anime does not carry over to CGI like FF7:AC. CGI is an artform as much as the anime style is, and it's one I take a lot more seriously. This is not to say I don't like cartoons; sit me in front of the TV for a Roadrunner marathon, and I'll be glued to the bloody spot. I LOVE cartoons. I enjoy CGI. I just can't enjoy the anime style.

My second problem is that, on the whole... I can't follow it. I can't sit back and watch anime, in any length, and understand a thing that's going on. I find the storylines, if they can be called that, to be completely insane. I'd quote the obvious examples, but they are, of course, obvious. I'm sure there are some real anime story gems out there, but I've never found them. Until I can find some, my story issues will remain.

Thirdly, the characters are just... can I even describe how they are? The only word that comes to mind, for me, is 'annoying.' So very, very very annoying. If there's one aspect of anime that makes me want nothing to do with it at ALL, it's the characters. At times they're flatter than a sheet of paper, and others they have the depth of a quantum singularity, out of nowhere. Character development, when it happens, happens in such jarring scope that I simply lose track of the rest of the story while I try to figure out what just happened.

Finally, there's the issue that I have that hardcore lovers of anime always want to string me up by the goolies for. The speech. In english, it sounds like crap. In Japanese, I have to read, and can't understand a word of it if I don't. Sure, you can hear the subtle nuances of the intended language, all the depth of emotion and meaning in how they speak. Yeah? No. Noooo, I don't know the language, so I can't decipher those nuances. And cause I can't... what's the point? Just more frustration! *shakes fist and chuckles*

Allow me to give you a little rundown however, of what anime I have seen in my life at different stages, and what I thought about them. I'm sure I will surprise some, and I know there will be laughs. Unintentional, but laughs nonetheless. To begin!

Samurai Pizza Cats. Hell, if it weren't for the art style, I'd wanna call it a cartoon instead of anime. Watched it every bloody morning before school, and I was glued. Seriously, if you've not seen that, FIND IT. Best thing to watch for a kid. Brilliant fun, and I still don't know why. I'll see bits and pieces of it NOW, and still be laughing for no reason, simply because it comes across as awesome. One of very few examples of anime I liked... go figure it's a very children's show.

Sailor Moon. My sister loved this (she's a couple years younger than me), and without fail, she'd wanna watch it on TV every morning. I don't mind admitting I watched it a little as well, but I watched it for one reason. You know, Ms. Moon and her Sailor scouts or whatever all had those ditzy little powers. Moon had that tiara... thing, Mars had that big fireball thing, Jupiter had... well, an antenna, and Mercury had a blast of bubbles. But Venus... Venus had a big ****ing laser. And any show where you shoot a big ****ing laser from your hand is a show worth watching, if only for the laser. Yeah, I don't get the story. Yeah, I don't like the style. Yeah, the show is rediculous. But it has a BIG ****ING LASER! That redeems it just barely enough.

Pokemon. I was young and stupid and loved it. Moving on.

Dragon Ball Z. Not touching it with a ten foot ninja pole. Worst offender of all my reasons for not liking anime, and if anyone TRIES to get me to sit down and watch it, their testicles/ovaries will become my personal property.

Zoids. ... win. Giant robots beating the **** out of giant robots is always good. I like some destruction without reason sometimes and, while the show had a story, I was too busy being distracted by the giant robots beating the **** out of each other. Thus, I can watch and enjoy that.

Neon Genesis. ... what? Seriously... what the hell is that? The person who showed it to me showed me a couple episodes, then a movie of some form, and I understood none of it, even starting from the bloody beginning. Only part I liked was the chick in the red Zero Suit-looking thing in her giant mech-thing getting impaled a dozen times by spears in the movie. Just so I could watch her die and be done with it. *Shakes his head*

Helsing... if I've got the name right. Points for style, I'll give it that, but at the same time, I admit I've not seen enough of it to really give it a proper going over. What I saw didn't make much sense to me (anything I'm going to enjoy has to either make sense or get me off or be cool enough that neither two are required) and, maybe if I saw some more eps, I could understand it. Getting me interested would be difficult however, and you're best to start with either somthing that makes sense, gets me off, is cool enough to offset not making sense, or any combination of the above.

If there's more I've seen, I don't remember them or can't remember the names. *chuckles* Obviously not worth the effort to remember, I suppose. I'd like to point out here that I mean not to troll, nor be offensive to fans of anime in any form. I simply want to try and understand, after explaining my views to everyone, why those that are so fond of it are so? I just simply don't get it, and I would like to understand.

Oh! And for the record, while I've still got a frustrating cough, I'm feeling a lot better now. I've spent lots of time in bed, playing games, making Spore creatures and writing porn (writing a novel gets boring sometimes), so... it's all helped the healing process. Thanks for the well-wishes, I'm almost right again!

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Okay, nope, you're massive hawtness by yourself! :)
thanks then ^_^
I'd love to hear it.
okay the story: it's senior year of highschool. It's finally set in that I haven't kissed a girl yet. I KNOW this one girl has the hots for me... mainly because she found my journal and thought I was incredibly witty. I dunno... that's what attracts her, but I knew it was a sure thing. Anyway... we go out on a date... just because.

Long story short. It goes all wrong, she insists on paying and driving, her friend gets drunk and wants to her to pick her up but NOT have me there. She wants us to go out drinking... and I pull the "this relationship is over :(" thing when I say... "no" And it's going theough my head... if I say no... it's over... but I don;t wanna go

Anyway... she takes me home... we are in my driveway.. I know it would be a lmae first kiss, but I decide to go for one anyway... So.. I lean in.. you know, to let her know what I'm going for. and... I get nothing from her. I pause... hold myself out for a few... awkward seconds.... then I start to retract. Then, as SOON as I retract... she moves in... so I'm like **** So I try to move BACK in, but she's already gone.. so we get caught in kinda an awkward kiss/hug limbo... and I end up giving her the long reaching hug, patting her on her back and saying "night"

As soon as she drove out of sight, I stomped and flailed shouting "STUPID STUPID KYLE!" in my head. But, in hindsight... I'm glad we didn't kiss... I want it to be more special.
and your hair is smexxy, not a rat carcass...my current hair's a rat carcass...it became curly again!
,>.<,
, ,
, ,

I disagree... exibit A: the rat carcass itself

Smash Apprentice
thanks then ^_^

okay the story: it's senior year of highschool. It's finally set in that I haven't kissed a girl yet. I KNOW this one girl has the hots for me... mainly because she found my journal and thought I was incredibly witty. I dunno... that's what attracts her, but I knew it was a sure thing. Anyway... we go out on a date... just because.

Long story short. It goes all wrong, she insists on paying and driving, her friend gets drunk and wants to her to pick her up but NOT have me there. She wants us to go out drinking... and I pull the "this relationship is over :(" thing when I say... "no" And it's going theough my head... if I say no... it's over... but I don;t wanna go

Anyway... she takes me home... we are in my driveway.. I know it would be a lmae first kiss, but I decide to go for one anyway... So.. I lean in.. you know, to let her know what I'm going for. and... I get nothing from her. I pause... hold myself out for a few... awkward seconds.... then I start to retract. Then, as SOON as I retract... she moves in... so I'm like **** So I try to move BACK in, but she's already gone.. so we get caught in kinda an awkward kiss/hug limbo... and I end up giving her the long reaching hug, patting her on her back and saying "night"

As soon as she drove out of sight, I stomped and flailed shouting "STUPID STUPID KYLE!" in my head. But, in hindsight... I'm glad we didn't kiss... I want it to be more special.

I disagree... exibit A: the rat carcass itself
Have you seen this?!
Hawtness!
The sotry was good, but I don't feed off of other's pain...it's not in me...

Sotry that happened 30 minutes ago.

He called me, the guy I used to like, I cried, he told me he loved me enough to break up with his girlfriend, and to be with me, but he's have to keep it a secret, because he was popular and he had friends...I sobbed and cried my eyes out, I cursed him out and told him to go burn in hell...if you guys didn't know what happened...I used to be in LOVE with him, and he cursed me out, spit at me, and beat me up...for popularity...and now he loves me?! he KILLED me, and now he loves me?

I'm still crying...It hurt so much...and I don't think I want to love someone again...it's just too painful...if I sound a bit cold in the next couple of days...it's because of this...please forgive me, as I have been destroyed...and I'm sounding like a drama queen...I'm sorry for bringing your mood down, everyone...*goes back to crying*

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Have you seen this?!
Hawtness!
are you asking me If I've seen myself and identified myself as hawt (which is apparently spelled with an "aw" now... who knew?) or are you just doing this to move it to the top of a page.

anyway.. I'm not hot... I'm effing almost twent one and I look like I might not have a driver's license yet.

but.. if you are going to continue flattering me.. then I'll continue to shamelessly post pictires because I'm a whor for compliments.

Sotry that happened 30 minutes ago.

He called me, the guy I used to like, I cried, he told me he loved me enough to break up with his girlfriend, and to be with me, but he's have to keep it a secret, because he was popular and he had friends...I sobbed and cried my eyes out, I cursed him out and told him to go burn in hell...if you guys didn't know what happened...I used to be in LOVE with him, and he cursed me out, spit at me, and beat me up...for popularity...and now he loves me?! he KILLED me, and now he loves me?

I'm still crying...It hurt so much...and I don't think I want to love someone again...it's just too painful...if I sound a bit cold in the next couple of days...it's because of this...please forgive me, as I have been destroyed...and I'm sounding like a drama queen...I'm sorry for bringing your mood down, everyone...*goes back to crying*
well, that's not a good story... mine was kinda funny so it was supposed to perk you up... this story is just awful :( that really sucks dude... just.... you know... keep a stiff upper lip and stuff. you can cry, it's all right but, darn it, if he's this big a ****, he's not worth you crying over.

*supportive hug*

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
For the people who've never been kissed, well I've had more then a few gfs and I guess my best advice here is, be confident. If you're not naturally confident, work on it, it's an acquired thing and it comes from being socially extroverted and having a good self-image.

For the former, speak up when you're with friends, don't be in the background. For the latter, the important thing is to really tell yourself that you are a good person, and don't let issues bring you down.

Really, all in the mindset.

Oh, and Hedgedawg, you have no excuse, you're God's gift to women for pete's sake, go to a club and pick up a girl right now.

But seriously, you're pretty attractive, you really shouldn't have an issue.

Edit: Oh, and there's nothing wrong with looking young, hasn't hurt me, I look several years younger then I am as well.

My second problem is that, on the whole... I can't follow it. I can't sit back and watch anime, in any length, and understand a thing that's going on. I find the storylines, if they can be called that, to be completely insane. I'd quote the obvious examples, but they are, of course, obvious. I'm sure there are some real anime story gems out there, but I've never found them. Until I can find some, my story issues will remain.
Some are non-existent, some are there and sophisticated, some are "you'd have to have a phd in film studies to get". It varies a great deal.

Thirdly, the characters are just... can I even describe how they are? The only word that comes to mind, for me, is 'annoying.' So very, very very annoying. If there's one aspect of anime that makes me want nothing to do with it at ALL, it's the characters. At times they're flatter than a sheet of paper, and others they have the depth of a quantum singularity, out of nowhere. Character development, when it happens, happens in such jarring scope that I simply lose track of the rest of the story while I try to figure out what just happened.
Again, depends on the show, though generally, shows that do this are considerably worse then shows that don't. It's a good sign the show isn't worth watching.

That said, sometimes characters become important by plot twists, it's ok as a mechanic if used properly.

Finally, there's the issue that I have that hardcore lovers of anime always want to string me up by the goolies for. The speech. In english, it sounds like crap. In Japanese, I have to read, and can't understand a word of it if I don't. Sure, you can hear the subtle nuances of the intended language, all the depth of emotion and meaning in how they speak. Yeah? No. Noooo, I don't know the language, so I can't decipher those nuances. And cause I can't... what's the point? Just more frustration! *shakes fist and chuckles*
Problem for all works in translation unfortunately. Try reading Crime and Punishment in English... yeah.

Sailor Moon. My sister loved this (she's a couple years younger than me), and without fail, she'd wanna watch it on TV every morning. I don't mind admitting I watched it a little as well, but I watched it for one reason. You know, Ms. Moon and her Sailor scouts or whatever all had those ditzy little powers. Moon had that tiara... thing, Mars had that big fireball thing, Jupiter had... well, an antenna, and Mercury had a blast of bubbles. But Venus... Venus had a big ****ing laser. And any show where you shoot a big ****ing laser from your hand is a show worth watching, if only for the laser. Yeah, I don't get the story. Yeah, I don't like the style. Yeah, the show is rediculous. But it has a BIG ****ING LASER! That redeems it just barely enough.
Supposedly you're supposed to take it as a comedy as well, I don't know, I never found it interesting.

Dragon Ball Z. Not touching it with a ten foot ninja pole. Worst offender of all my reasons for not liking anime, and if anyone TRIES to get me to sit down and watch it, their testicles/ovaries will become my personal property.
THANK YOU!

*high fives*

This show is horrible.

Zoids. ... win. Giant robots beating the **** out of giant robots is always good. I like some destruction without reason sometimes and, while the show had a story, I was too busy being distracted by the giant robots beating the **** out of each other. Thus, I can watch and enjoy that.
Lol, supposedly the storyline is awesome, never really got a chance with this show though.

Neon Genesis. ... what? Seriously... what the hell is that? The person who showed it to me showed me a couple episodes, then a movie of some form, and I understood none of it, even starting from the bloody beginning. Only part I liked was the chick in the red Zero Suit-looking thing in her giant mech-thing getting impaled a dozen times by spears in the movie. Just so I could watch her die and be done with it. *Shakes his head*
This is definitely a REALLY artsy show. It's friking difficult to understand, but it's really good if you can understand it imo, so many layers of meaning.

But if you can't... not worth your time.

Helsing... if I've got the name right. Points for style, I'll give it that, but at the same time, I admit I've not seen enough of it to really give it a proper going over. What I saw didn't make much sense to me (anything I'm going to enjoy has to either make sense or get me off or be cool enough that neither two are required) and, maybe if I saw some more eps, I could understand it. Getting me interested would be difficult however, and you're best to start with either somthing that makes sense, gets me off, is cool enough to offset not making sense, or any combination of the above.
Primarily interesting because of the character dynamics, if you give it a chance it's really a very good show. The coolness in the beginning is supposed to last you.

Ultimate or TV?

If you watched the latter.... yeah, watch ultimate, it's so much better.

If there's more I've seen, I don't remember them or can't remember the names. *chuckles* Obviously not worth the effort to remember, I suppose. I'd like to point out here that I mean not to troll, nor be offensive to fans of anime in any form. I simply want to try and understand, after explaining my views to everyone, why those that are so fond of it are so? I just simply don't get it, and I would like to understand.
Personally, I'm not a fan of anime.

However I have very little in the way of biases towards any styles of presenting a story.

When I saw really awesome stories presented in sophisticated ways with interesting characters, and all the other elements of a good show/book/movie/video game/opera/etc. I kept up with it.

That's why I watch certain anime (Ghost in the Shell, Fullmetal Alchemist, etc) while others I avoid like the plague (Dragonball, One Piece, Yu-gi-oh! (abridged series excluded, anyone who had the displeasure of watching Yu-gi-oh! should be consoled by the fact that they can appreciate the abridged series), Naruto, etc.), the ones I watch I would watch reguardless of how it was presented. I know I would watch Fullmetal Alchemist if it was presented as an Opera, or would read Dual Matrix if it was an epic poem.

Anime, you have to take it as a case by case basis, some is really good, others are... awful. It helps to have people who can tell the difference to help you

A good thread for people like you and me.

Lavos

Smash Journeyman
lol

This is probably the most entertaining thread on this site right now. It's in constant fluctuation between average, gay, and FABULOUS! Whenever it approaches fabulous mode, I can't help but read it with a lisp. I'm sorry to those of you who lack lisps, I don't know how it happens.

I have come up with a question though. Why do many of you gravitate towards female characters rather than manly ones? I would think that gay smashers would be fawning over CF, Link, Snake or Ike rather than Zelda and Peach.

Finally, there's nothing wrong with smiling on evil occasions, King Remo. >=D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom