• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LGBT Smashers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
So you're transitioning?

Wow... Well... I'm not even out. =/ I pretty much got rejected by my mom from the start. She was like "it's just a phase", and "you're not feminine enough." (ironically her reasoning for me not being feminine enough was that I don't like cooking and I don't clean that much... which my sister is the same exact way!)

Unfortunately I could never make it clear to her that my reasoning for feeling like I'm a girl is far beyond being feminine by society's standards.

Pretty much nobody out there knows who I am.. Unless they've stalked me on here... Which there IS a chance, but I very much doubt it. I would be seeing them never wanting to talk to me again if that were the case...

Seiya

Smash Journeyman
So you're transitioning?

Wow... Well... I'm not even out. =/ I pretty much got rejected by my mom from the start. She was like "it's just a phase", and "you're not feminine enough." (ironically her reasoning for me not being feminine enough was that I don't like cooking and I don't clean that much... which my sister is the same exact way!)

Unfortunately I could never make it clear to her that my reasoning for feeling like I'm a girl is far beyond being feminine by society's standards.

Pretty much nobody out there knows who I am.. Unless they've stalked me on here... Which there IS a chance, but I very much doubt it. I would be seeing them never wanting to talk to me again if that were the case...
Aww hun, you're in the same situation as my friend's boyfriend. He's trans(f2m) and like his family rejected him and so forth. Dropped out of school..>.< Currently he moved in with my friend down here. And I hope for the best :D

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
That's my boy, Xsyven!

EDIT:

Mormons are like, autohot.

Fact: the first guy DoH spatula'd was a redheaded Mormon. This one time, at debate camp...
That's weird you say that. I am Mormon and I've been hit on by a lot of gay guys. It might be because I am pretty metro but I'm not sure. I usually play a long for a little bit until he asks me to come back to his place and then I turn him down nice and easy.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Is duke being serious? I can't tell.

Btw, I was prom princess.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I am more pissed because I used to make jokes that he was gay in the Broom, now I feel bad. I honestly never saw that one coming though. You still need to get on AIM, *****.
I'm on AIM all the time-- and you're online half the time I am. I'll shoot you the IM next time I see ya. But honestly, don't feel bad. There's no way I can get through this without laughing at it. :)

Andydark

Smash Journeyman
Bourbonnais IL||I consider myself competent. AIM:
Really that's key, being able to take any insults and remarks in stride.

I'm sure the upcoming weeks won't be as ****ty as you anticipate, in fact, I expect them to go much better than you think.

I can't remember if I told my first coming out story, but here goes.

Once upon a time in a land far far away known as Illinois, there was a 5-year old boy standing in his laundry room...for some reason that said dboy can't remember, and a thought crossed his mind.

"Could a gay man and a gay woman get together? Like would it work the same?"

And that's when little Andydark wondered if he was different. Not different as in gay, but different as in an idealist. Fastforward to just before my Eighth grade graduation ceremony, by this time I'd already realized I was gay. HUZZAH! I was standing in a circle with my closest friends, we were laughing and having a good time and such. For some reason, Melee became relevant to what we were talking about, and I made a reference. Suddenly the laughter ceased, and was replaced with a "God, shut the hell up." "Seriously, you're so ****ed annoying." I attempted to laugh it off, however it kept coming... "We're serious. Shut. Up." "Honestly, I regret talking to you that one day." My laughing stopped too, I tried to maintain my level-head with a "...What?"

Then, the guy in the group who was my best friend, and someone that I was attracted smiled his smile, and I felt reassured.

Only to add, "It's true, none of us ever really liked you to begin with."

I buckled. I went from outcast to outcast of the outcasts, and I never felt so alone in my life, I headed for a window sill and sat down. I got angry. I got upset. I cried. And, worst of all, I blamed myself. I began listing off what my flaws might be...but none of them really stuck.

Then it hit me. "It's because I'm gay." Somewhere inside my rational side thought "But there's no way they could have known." and it begged and pleaded for someone to stop this self-destructive railroad. And people tried. Faculty members tried to figure out why I was upset, but I remained silent. Someone from the more popular clique asked too, but I told her to "stop being such a nosy *****" while the side that still liked myself was silenced.

Silence became my friend. I spent my freshman year of highschool.... Silent. Cold. Condescending. Sarcastic. Insulting. People were shocked to hear me speak. The side I locked up occasionally reached out...And at one point, I did start to feel better once I got with some new friends about halfway through the year...

And then I overheard them talking. "Do we REALLY have to invite Andrew?" I expected this though. I immediately lashed out at everyone in that group, I had to strike directly first, I had to protect myself. I then went back to how I was...Cold, silent, and somewhat cruel now. My kinder side was no where to be found. My hope was basically gone, I realize in retrospect that this was a stupid reaction, but I turned to suicide at that point, which is what my Grandfather did. Fortunately strange things would randomly sabotage me, Inability to tie knots, pets startling me making me drop things, four examples where I had to quickly gather things up and hide them.

On homecoming week of my sophomroe year, my sister, who was my ride, left me behind so she could smoke pot with her friends. As I sat on a garbage can outside thinking about how my life sucked, (a past time of mine at the time) A freshman girl was walking by, she had really short pink hair with spikes. She stopped suddenly to stare at me. I blinked, and she said "You know, you have the capacity to be obnoxious." And I simply replied, as coldly as I could "...Excuse me?" And she then sat on the dilapidated bench next to me and said "Not in the bad way of course." I replied again, coldly attempting to repel her, with some semi-witty quip. She then told me I looked like a dirty mexican. I replied that she looked like a manly ****. She laughed and said she got that a lot.

My kinder side tried its hand at freedom again, and asked for her name. "Elizabeth. You're Andrew, Right? The freshman talk about how you're sort of a psycho nazi freak." She replied, smiling plain as day. "Wanna get something from the vending machines? It's hot out here..."

And we did. We got back out and spent time talking about everything. Our schools, our families, where we lived, the ladybugs, the weird cross, the tree, how stupid it was that I got yelled at for sitting on a three hundred dollar garbage can... I had felt sincerely happy for the first time in ages.

For the remainder of the year, I hardly saw her, but just passing her in the hall way and occasionally hanging ou t with her after school kept me going. People even began to notice...

When my Junior year rolled around, I passed by sophomore hall, and saw her. Her hair was her natural color and she had her hair in a pony tail. I stopped and greeted her. And our conversations picked up like old. I even came early on the day that started late, solely to hang out with her more (she lived a half hour away, and I still lacked a license as did she) Four weeks after school started, while walking with her to fourth hour, I randomly decided to ask her a question...

"Could I Tell you something?"
"Ha ha, sure, why not?"
"Heh...well...I'm gay."
"Oh? That's great!"
"What?"
"It's great! I had two uncles who were gay..."

And conversation flowed completely uninterrupted again. By the end of first semester, I had been introduced to her group of friends, and by the end of the third quarter, I felt I belonged well enough to let them know.

It wasn't a critical detail of myself, so I never got many questions. I never had any issues, there was the one guy who became terrified of me, but that's a story for another time.

As a random fun note: In my senior year, Elizabeth and I dated for a month. That's how close we are, I wondered if it would work... To this day I still wonder.

But basically, the point of my ramble is to be primarily uplifting and provide a quick warm and fuzzy feeling. Plus, as a homosexual, talking about myself is my primary concern next to fabulous drapes and buttsecks according to stereotypes.

Fun fact 2: The first circle of friends? All wound up being highschool dropouts, with the guy I found attractive overdosing on cocaine. Apparently I was the logical support of hte group and without me they just sort of ****ed themselves.

tsl

Smash Apprentice
My gamer tag / siggy has nothing to do with my sexuality. *Shifty eyes*

blink777

Smash Journeyman
Awww.. Andy, the first half of that story nearly had me crying. Can't believe how happy I am that you found that Elizabeth; if I believed in that kind of thing, she was a god-send if I ever heard of one. Thanks so much for sharing.

Oh, and yes. Drapes are fabulous ;). *shudders* I am NEVER using that word again.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Oh, and yes. Drapes are fabulous ;). *shudders* I am NEVER using that word again.
which word? Drapes or Fabulous? XD (^^)v

oh and Andy congratulations on your happiness....question though...do u want me to find those @$$hole ex friends of yurs and break off their kneecaps with a sledgehammer? cause I'll do it if u want me to, all u have to do is ask (^^)v

Aeronite's Kiseki

Smash Journeyman
Wow, Andy that was definitly something to read, yea happy you didn't end up like ur circle of friends because that couldve been uber bad.....Elizabeth sounds totally awesome, lucky you found her when you did.

Andydark

Smash Journeyman
Bourbonnais IL||I consider myself competent. AIM:
which word? Drapes or Fabulous? XD (^^)v

oh and Andy congratulations on your happiness....question though...do u want me to find those @$$hole ex friends of yurs and break off their kneecaps with a sledgehammer? cause I'll do it if u want me to, all u have to do is ask (^^)v
Even with how much they hurt me, I don't think they need any more problems.

Group two actually only had two of six who dislkied me. I just wanted to protect myself ASAP.

Seiya

Smash Journeyman
Aww Andy. That story almost had me crying.. I'm glad you found happiness and Elizabeth. I remember my sopomore year was sort of like that. I was alone but now in my Junior year..I have friends to hang out with and I'm happy :p

diabetic_yoshi

Smash Apprentice
That almost played out like a movie, Andy. Ever think of writing a biopic? Yeah, most of my high school life sucked like yours. Most people hated me until I stopped hating myself. God, I would give anything to go back in time to cheer myself up from those sad times. I would give myself a hug and show myself that my life didn't end after I told people I was gay.

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
In general, I think everyone who falls into the LGBT category at all had a really crummy high school experience. I had to deal with walking down the halls and getting cursed out by random morons, because if I returned the insult, they'd get offended and beat the holy hell out of me.

Aeronite's Kiseki

Smash Journeyman
In general, I think everyone who falls into the LGBT category at all had a really crummy high school experience. I had to deal with walking down the halls and getting cursed out by random morons, because if I returned the insult, they'd get offended and beat the holy hell out of me.

I agree, but i had a crummy high school experiance was because i changed schools the year before and i really only knew one person ^my neighbor^....so it was tough, so now in my Senior year, everyone enjoys my company and everyone i knew from my old school knows and their like wow, didnt expect that one....But I'm happy now that it's off my chest

ali_kat

Smash Rookie
umm.. this is my first time really posting in any threads on here, so imagine my surprise to see a gay smashers thread..! well i just wanted to introduce myself: my name is ali_kat and i've been a lesbian for eighteen years.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Finally.

X, I know what you mean. I would hate if people thought I was "fabuloooous" too. Ugh.

And just like you, I plan to become an actor. I'm going to New York Film Academy in Cali.

And for some reason I cant see you pic, AK.

I mean I play soccer, I'm on the wrestling team, and am in Adv. Theater Arts and Adv. Speech, what's so "fabulous" about that?

I'm so lonely.

Once I get a USB keyboard for my Wii, I'll post my story. My hand gets tired from typing this out with the Wii Mote. *groans*

Anyone wanna play Brawl? PM me.

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
For me High School sucks... not because I'm gay but because I'm surrounded by morons who never shut up! @_@ They swear they're the toughest and smartest people around and they sing all of the time and talk back to the teachers and 80% of the time they make NO sense, there was a guy in my homeroom who freaked out at my teacher yesterday because he wouldn't let him go to the bathroom to brush his teeth... he would of been allowed to go if he had his ID (Yeah my stupid school requires us to have IDs AND a pass to be able to go out of class... I never really have to though...)... but it's still really stupid... another time my friend got glasses and this girl looked at her and said "Look at her tryin to be somebody!" and it turned into something stupid... it was funny though because that's such a stupid reason to make fun of somebody. X3 And then there was the time when these two guys in my English class started fighting... apparently one of them said that the other one hits girls and he got upset and it turned into a serious fight for reasons I can't comprehend. @_@;

My. School. Sucks...

But on the plus side I told another friend I was gay today. X3 It was kinda funny how it happened though, I was looking at her shirt which had a panda on it and I was like "Yay panda!" and she started joking around and was like "Don't look at my chest!" and then it eventually turned into "You like girls don't you?" and I was like "No" and then everybody was silent. X3 Not a bad kinda silent but a funny kind... then after the bell rang my friend asked if I liked guys and I shruged since I was still uncomfy but I just got sick of lieing and told myself to tell the truth and so when she asked if I was asexual (like I've been saying since Middle School) I finally said "Nope, I like boys". =P She has no problem with it as far as I know.

Also that story was REALLY sad at the beggining, I dunno what I'd do if everybody started ganging up on me like that... I mean I'm already quiet and already had thoughts of suicide before (but that's a story I won't go into. ^^; )... so I really wouldn't know what I'd do... maybe nothing? @_@; Or maybe I'd try to shrug it off and walk away... but anyway the ending was pretty sweet. =3 ... though I have to admit... these stories are making me fear for the worst... my highschool experience is bad enough without people knowing I'm gay. @_@; And I just remembered a gay friend of mine who was talked about and stuff... picked on... I mean I'm picked on but I'll be picked on like 10x worse now... meh oh well, if I have a bf by my side when it happens it shouldn't be as bad as if I was alone...

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Aww hun, you're in the same situation as my friend's boyfriend. He's trans(f2m) and like his family rejected him and so forth. Dropped out of school..>.< Currently he moved in with my friend down here. And I hope for the best :D
Yes. That's what I'm scared of it... If I tried to do anything I'd probably get in trouble with them. My mom got pissed off at me for finding girl's clothes in my room. >_<

In my case, I don't have of such friends to run to either. T_T

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
umm.. this is my first time really posting in any threads on here, so imagine my surprise to see a gay smashers thread..! well i just wanted to introduce myself: my name is ali_kat and i've been a lesbian for eighteen years.
Welcome to the thread! To be honest we need more female representation here. =) You know, I just now realized that I only know one lesbian person in real life, and it's my biological mother. However, I know several gay guys.

Xiroey2

Smash Apprentice
I'm at high school now, and since coming out in around june of last year, I haven't encountered many homophobes.
At first, there were a few friends who felt a bit uncomfortable, and treated me different for a few weeks, but we're back to normal again now.
The worst think I've had is a girl coming up to me and saying that kissing boys is 'gross'... I can deal with that :)

My biggest worry is coming out to my family... They don't suspect a thing.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
You won High School?

What?
...like, he got to the point where he had so much power and popularity that he could pretty much get away with anything. Every school has one. I was luckily on that guy's inner circle, thus I gained immunity to rules as well.

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
Yes. That's what I'm scared of it... If I tried to do anything I'd probably get in trouble with them. My mom got pissed off at me for finding girl's clothes in my room. >_<

In my case, I don't have of such friends to run to either. T_T
Oh, you poor dear!
I keep my girl clothes as boyish as possible so that I can just tell my landlord that androgyny gets me all kinds of tail. But when I move in with my girlfriend, we'll be able to transition together. Maybe you should do that when you come of age, just find someone you can rely on.
Nice to meet you! You live in Baton Rouge, right? Maybe you'll see me soon if you come down to New Orleans in the next couple of weeks!

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
dang it DoH, you and your mean girl references that nobody other than me catches, or at least won't admit they catch it.
Haha, I caught it. And I'll admit. I love that dang movie. Seen five times, I think. ... Now, I wanna watch it again.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Oh, you poor dear!
I keep my girl clothes as boyish as possible so that I can just tell my landlord that androgyny gets me all kinds of tail. But when I move in with my girlfriend, we'll be able to transition together. Maybe you should do that when you come of age, just find someone you can rely on.
Well I'm 19 right now, but honestly I do not want to cut all communications with my family and people I know.

Being myself is very important to me of course, but I love my family. I just wish they could understand. >_<

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
So today in my Comic books class we were discussing visual interpretations of the bible, and there was this story about Elijah attacking small children with bears (seriously, it's in there) because they made fun of him being bald. So the guest lecturer asked, "whose interests are being served by these images" and I was like, grandmas. And she was like "wha? your grandma's bald?" and I was like, "Yeah, when my nana gets drunk she takes her wig off.

I've been waiting 4 years to get that into a conversation.

And Clueless is just a Jane Austen ripoff.

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
Well I'm 19 right now, but honestly I do not want to cut all communications with my family and people I know.

Being myself is very important to me of course, but I love my family. I just wish they could understand. >_<
Ahhh, I gotcha.
I'm not on the best of terms with my family, but in my defense, my father's a workaholic and my mother's a complete effing psycho.
I don't get why it is that people have such a hard time coming to grips with transsexuality. It almost seems like transsexuality in the aughts is like homosexuality was in the fifties. People call it a mental disorder.

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
People still call homosexuality a mental disorder... so it doesn't at all surprise me... transsexuality is thought of by many as "Ewww" and "WTF!?" even more so than homosexuality in some if not most cases. <=/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom