• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LGBT Smashers

Status
Not open for further replies.

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
I love and hate Sonic. He's going to probably be a top tier character after seeing all the E-For-All videos on youtube. When your in sudden death, Sonic and Meta Knight and Fox (and probably Falco) are the best choices to win the round cause they are fast and powerful enough to launch you off the stage.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I love and hate Sonic. He's going to probably be a top tier character after seeing all the E-For-All videos on youtube. When your in sudden death, Sonic and Meta Knight and Fox (and probably Falco) are the best choices to win the round cause they are fast and powerful enough to launch you off the stage.
Sonic does look pretty good, which makes me happy. Though I don't want him to be too good because I don't want him to become the new Sheik. A lot of people dropped Sheik once the stigma of being a Sheik player set in.

But I keep hearing he's difficult to control due to his speed, which will make me feel better about maining him.

Fortunately, Meta Knight seems to have the "broken character" void filled. He'll be good for sudden death as well as basically anything else.

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
Yeah. Meta Knight is like the best offensive character who unleashes onslaughts of combos. He's speedy with enough momentum for powerful attacks. I heard that his defenses weren't as great (he's floaty and easy to knock off but I guess that doesn't matter much) since players are able to handle him better than Sonic lol.

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
Anyone here a Kingdom Hearts fan? I know people are looking forward to Megaman, but I've never wanted him in Brawl. I prefer someone else such as Sora from Kingdom Hearts or a strong Medieval hero like Dante from Castlevania (which is highly unlikely).

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
Anyone here a Kingdom Hearts fan? I know people are looking forward to Megaman, but I've never wanted him in Brawl. I prefer someone else such as Sora from Kingdom Hearts or a strong Medieval hero like Dante from Castlevania (which is highly unlikely).
I'm a ridiculously huge Kingdom Hearts fan. I'm not so sure how Sora would fit into the Smash Bros. universe. I don't think it'll happen, but it might be neat if it did.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Sora is my number 1 most wanted character, actually. I have no expectations for him and my number 2 (Sonic) has already taken his place in the roster so I have no complaints.

But I'd LOVE to see Sora in.

Mr.Loser

Smash Apprentice
I'v always liked Kingdom Hearts, I didn't fo so far as to 100% complete it; but I maxed out all the costumes (love the blue/long-range suit). The story atleast is different from most RPG's, though that can be debated and I like all the variation of characters (though most we already know).

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
You should check out the Sora thread in the Character Threads. He blends in so well after seeing him being photoshopped. Its unbelievable. He reminds me so much of Saki Amamiya. (I was glad to see he was in Brawl because his game is really a true RPG classic.) The only reason why Sin and Punishment never made it to the states last time was because of how other RPGs fared back in the day.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
You should check out the Sora thread in the Character Threads. He blends in so well after seeing him being photoshopped. Its unbelievable. He reminds me so much of Saki Amamiya. (I was glad to see he was in Brawl because his game is really a true RPG classic.) The only reason why Sin and Punishment never made it to the states last time was because of how other RPGs fared back in the day.
I'd post there, but I find myself with little to say in that thread. I'm like that with most of the characters I like. In the Sonic forum, I never have anything to say anymore because everything's already been discussed and there's nothing to really debate.

So I always end up going to some other thread to argue about Sheik or give my opinion on a Kirby hat or something of the like. But Sora still has my full support. I've been imagining a moveset for him ever since Melee (though it's evolved a bit since KH2 came out).

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
That's true. Everything's been made and discussed. The Dojo and promotional events are what keep this forum alive today. I visited here in 2001 and it was crowded in the Melee threads but after 2003, it was like a ghost town here since people stopped posting. Only tournament and hard-core players talked. After 2005, that was when speculation started and the community started reviving.

Mr.Loser

Smash Apprentice
yah,basically by this point there really isn't to much to add. Mostly everything has been discussed, then went to the last page and was discussed again.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
That's true. Everything's been made and discussed. The Dojo and promotional events are what keep this forum alive today. I visited here in 2001 and it was crowded in the Melee threads but after 2003, it was like a ghost town here since people stopped posting. Only tournament and hard-core players talked. After 2005, that was when speculation started and the community started reviving.
Yeah, it's kind of sad. But I guess you can't expect people to just talk about nothing for years and years (though that's kind of what we're doing now, even with new information coming in on an almost daily basis).

Once the game comes out in Japan, will power willing, I'll probably leave the forum to avoid spoilers (yeah, I'm that kind of guy). And then I'll wait out that painful month in silence before Brawl finally makes it to the States and takes over my life.

Though, if I know myself, and I can honestly say I don't, I'll probably continue to monitor the forums trying to tiptoe around information I don't want to be exposed to. Failing.

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
Haha. Thats what everyone says they are going to do in my myspace group. I talk to a lot of people on myspace about Smash Brawl and I'm glad we talk about our personal lives too besides Brawl and makes jokes about everything to pass the time by. Anyone hear have a myspace? If you do, look up this group "Myspace Smash Bros. Dojo" because once you know the community, its so fun to chat with the people.

Mr.Loser

Smash Apprentice
I really would just like to go ahead and figure out what characters/stages/AT's/etc. Right around this time I am really bored (I am posting alot more than usual) and wish I could go ahead and play the game. But I will be fine as soon as I go back to work: Go Go BK Cashier! Well I am their best non-manager enployeel I help anyone with anything they ask and use all the propper sayings "Welcome to Burger King/Would you like a Pepperming Pie/etc". Wow I really changed subjects there <_<.

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
Haha. Don't worry. Having a dull life is normal. Its what keeps us sane. I feel bad for you. BK isn't as thrilling and I can't stand fast food places. I'm an organic eater. Anyone want to talk about music, not involved with Brawl. What do you guys listen to? I've always wanted to know what gay "nerds" listen to. I'm bi, so everything you hear from me is pretty random compared to a lot of other dudes.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Haha. Don't worry. Having a dull life is normal. Its what keeps us sane. I feel bad for you. BK isn't as thrilling and I can't stand fast food places. I'm an organic eater. Anyone want to talk about music, not involved with Brawl. What do you guys listen to? I've always wanted to know what gay "nerds" listen to. I'm bi, so everything you hear from me is pretty random compared to a lot of other dudes.
My taste is pretty varied too, and I think it's better that way.

Some of my favorite artists:

Imogen Heap
Panic! At The Disco
My Chemical Romance
Jimmy Eat World
From First To Last
Snow Patrol
Shiny Toy Guns
Postal Service
The Receiving End Of Sirens
Underoath

And then hundreds of random songs from random people in between. Yourself?

Oh, and at the moment I've been addicted to a few songs off the new Alvin and The Chipmunks soundtrack. >_> It's pretty adorable.

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
I'm into acoustic and indie rock, as well as surf and alternative. I like ambient and synthpop too (Imogen Heap and Hellogoodbye fit in this category) plus heartfelt piano pop/R&B. Don't have a myspace huh? The one on my profile lists so many to count. I guess I like My Chemical Romance, Snow Patrol, and Shiny Toy Guns on your list. I'm more in favor of Jon McLaughlin, Mat Kearney, Gary Cao, Matt White, Rilo Kiley, A Fine Frenzy, Dashboard Confessional, Bright Eyes, and Ryan Adams. Thats a few of who I personally like.

Ebonyks

Smash Apprentice
Something i can't help but notice is that this topic seriously messed with the banner ads provided by google.

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
Those google ads are anti-gay propaganda. I'm glad they are gone. They keep on pushing beliefs from the stupid religious baboons. I like Christians and religious people, just no pig headed conservatives. They are hypocrites far from belief. Its amazing what they are thinking in their little brains they have. Sorry for being so blunt. That's how I am when I stand in politics/social issues.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Something i can't help but notice is that this topic seriously messed with the banner ads provided by google.
I've seen a couple people say that (the others being in the Ike thread), but just about the only ad I ever see is the Gametap one.

lumberheartwood: I do have a myspace, but I haven't been on it in weeks. Trying to kick the habit. By the way, I've only heard of a few of the people you mentioned. Never been a huge indie fan. I pretty much go for electronica and hardcore, though I'm really picky with all of it.

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
My favorite singer is Utada Hikaru! =3 Then after her it doesn't really matter but I also listen to Kotoko... *wonders if anybody here knows what I'm talking about*... well you guys have to know Utada since she sings the openings for both Kingdom Hearts games. X3

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
I'm into so many kinds of music. Mostly pop and rock stuff. I'm a big fan of pretty much all genres expect for country. My absolute #1 favorite artist is Jason Mraz. He's amazing~ I saw him in concert about three years ago. So so good.

Other favorites: John Mayer, Justin Timberlake, Blink 182, Daft Punk, Panic! at the Disco, The Scene Aesthetic, Dashboard Confessional, James Blunt, Colbie Calliat, Weezer, Jack Johnson... and many more.

My favorite singer is Utada Hikaru! =3 Then after her it doesn't really matter but I also listen to Kotoko... *wonders if anybody here knows what I'm talking about*... well you guys have to know Utada since she sings the openings for both Kingdom Hearts games. X3
Ooo, I love Utada! She's the first artist I heard that got me into the J-pop genre. I met somebody marching drum corps this summer, Nozomi Sato, barely spoke English but we became friends when she heard my listening to Utada on the bus one day. Good stuff.

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
Right on KingReMo. Blink 182 doesn't exist anymore though. I think your list is great because all of the people you listed are actual musicians and I listen to most of them (I don't get JT at all though-his music is all eccentric in my ears). Not singers like puppets on strings (such as Beyonce and Britney Spears). I like singers for their voices, but I don't respect them unless they know how to create something that is from their hearts. A melody from their soul. I respect songwriters and musicians more than that of the singer.

Blackadder

Smash Master
I like this thread. For the most of it, it's rather pleasent and interesting.

I actually had a gay friend before. I guess he was one of those "Typical" gay guys, as he listened to Spears and Madonna and whathaveyou as his music, did the hand movements, had the "Gay lisp" and such.

He was a really nice guy, very friendly, did well in his school work, all that. Oh course, this being Highschool, he got bullied to like all ****, much to my anger. I find it awful how school kids just don't seem to get that being gay isn't worth beating someone up over.Then again, I got to a Catholic school (I'm Agnostic to Athiest on and off, so I dunno why I go there) and some of the kids there seem to be raised to dislike homosexuals.

It was just a new experiance to me, having a gay friend. The reason we're not friends had nothing to do with his sexuality, btw. :(

So yeah, just a story there.

Also, I have to say I'm npot a big fan of the Hearts series. I've only seen a Youtube vid or two on it, and Jack Skellington's Voice Acting was really...dead. (No pun intended). That's wholly what I base my feelings for the series on though, so I don't take my opinion seriously with that series of games. :laugh:

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
Right on KingReMo. Blink 182 doesn't exist anymore though. I think your list is great because all of the people you listed are actual musicians and I listen to most of them (I don't get JT at all though-his music is all eccentric in my ears). Not singers like puppets on strings (such as Beyonce and Britney Spears). I like singers for their voices, but I don't respect them unless they know how to create something that is from their hearts. A melody from their soul. I respect songwriters and musicians more than that of the singer.
Yeah, man, I couldn't agree with you more. I study music in college, so I've always had an appreciation for natural musical talent, not gimmicky whores like Ms. Spears. (God, I hate her.) But, yeah, I like JT, too. You gotta love a fun dance track every once in a while. I consider him a talented guy, and he seems like a decent person, too, which is always a plus.

I like this thread. For the most of it, it's rather pleasent and interesting.

I actually had a gay friend before. I guess he was one of those "Typical" gay guys, as he listened to Spears and Madonna and whathaveyou as his music, did the hand movements, had the "Gay lisp" and such.

He was a really nice guy, very friendly, did well in his school work, all that. Oh course, this being Highschool, he got bullied to like all ****, much to my anger. I find it awful how school kids just don't seem to get that being gay isn't worth beating someone up over.Then again, I got to a Catholic school (I'm Agnostic to Athiest on and off, so I dunno why I go there) and some of the kids there seem to be raised to dislike homosexuals.

It was just a new experiance to me, having a gay friend. The reason we're not friends had nothing to do with his sexuality, btw. :(

So yeah, just a story there.

Also, I have to say I'm npot a big fan of the Hearts series. I've only seen a Youtube vid or two on it, and Jack Skellington's Voice Acting was really...dead. (No pun intended). That's wholly what I base my feelings for the series on though, so I don't take my opinion seriously with that series of games. :laugh:
Cool story. I must be weird being in a Catholic school and being agnostic/atheist. I'm the same way and I know I couldn't handle being at a school like that. Nothing against Christian, but it's just not my thing. I feel bad for that guy you talked about. Now, that must have been hard; being gay in a Catholic school. It's cool that weren't part of that bullying group.

And, dude, you've got to check out Kingdom Hearts, hah. It's so good. Two of the best games ever made.

Seiya

Smash Journeyman
Goodness a lot happens when I go away for a little bit >_<

But I pretty much listen to anything except rap and country XD Right now I'm in this Japanese phase since I'm listening to mostly Japanese rock and pop music right now.

I love Kingdom Hearts to death! XD I remember seeing the first pictures in a magazine and I was like O___O!! Sora being in Brawl? Noo noo..I don't want that to happen.

To what Mr. Loser said I feel yah. Most of my crushes here in this red neck town have been Red Necks XD I'm into them too but...ugh..most likely Straight. Haven't seen a gay red neck here yet.. <.<

Speaking of crushes...most of my crushes have been opposite races for me =\ I just can't see myself in a relationship with my race(well it could happen..it's just that the guys here my race are all thugs and stuff..you get the picture. FYI I'm black/Puerto Rican..) Also...do you guys keep falling for straight guys too and like get soo depressed or down after finding out they ARE straight? -raises hand-

I hope I didn't get too out of hand in this post :D

Blackadder

Smash Master
Cool story. I must be weird being in a Catholic school and being agnostic/atheist. I'm the same way and I know I couldn't handle being at a school like that. Nothing against Christian, but it's just not my thing. I feel bad for that guy you talked about. Now, that must have been hard; being gay in a Catholic school. It's cool that weren't part of that bullying group.
It is od going to my school...I don't like religion much at all. It really comes of as very goofy and made-up to me. (Nay offense to anyone of course :laugh:)
With my friend though, it's kinda sad, because it seems he is convinced he's going to hell for being gay. I've told him that he won't, as any "God" would have to be mad to send people to hell for all eternity because they liked the SAME SEX. That's stupid. But he seems pretty hung up on the idea. The bullies can't of helped. I know I had one instance when some kid came up to me:
"Are you friends with Sam?"
"Uh, yeah."
"You DO know he's a f@ggot right?"
"...Yeah. And?"

And then some crap about gay people being really gross. I can understand why people find gay sex and gay kissing and gay feelings a bit hard to take in, that's their natural feelings. But hating homosexuals is taking it way over the line. I see it almost everyday, as well. :(

And, dude, you've got to check out Kingdom Hearts, hah. It's so good. Two of the best games ever made.
I know I should. XD
I've been telling myself to do so for years now, but after I saw Jack's voice acting...*Shudders*
But I really should. I owe it to myself as a gamer. XD

EDIT:
Seiya, rap is teh sex.
Get some Slim Shady LP into you m'boy!

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
Speaking of crushes...most of my crushes have been opposite races for me =\ I just can't see myself in a relationship with my race(well it could happen..it's just that the guys here my race are all thugs and stuff..you get the picture. FYI I'm black/Puerto Rican..) Also...do you guys keep falling for straight guys too and like get soo depressed or down after finding out they ARE straight? -raises hand-

I hope I didn't get too out of hand in this post :D
Gosh, I feel you there, man. I'm black, and have always had crushes on people outside of my race. Not for any other reason than I grew up in a 95% white community, but I don't discriminate. And I spent so much time and energy crushing on straight boys in high school. I really regret that a lot. And it still goes on today... I started kinda liking this guy who had recently transfered into the music school. Then a friend of mine told me he was gay, and I went overboard in my head over him. I just thank Jebus I didn't ask him out before I found he was straight... and had a girlfriend! Ugh.. I'm such a sad sack. Oh well.

Seiya

Smash Journeyman
Gosh, I feel you there, man. I'm black, and have always had crushes on people outside of my race. Not for any other reason than I grew up in a 95% white community, but I don't discriminate. And I spent so much time and energy crushing on straight boys in high school. I really regret that a lot. And it still goes on today... I started kinda liking this guy who had recently transfered into the music school. Then a friend of mine told me he was gay, and I went overboard in my head over him. I just thank Jebus I didn't ask him out before I found he was straight... and had a girlfriend! Ugh.. I'm such a sad sack. Oh well.
Seriously! Same thing going on with me now in High School. New guy on the Swim Team who like talks to me the most for some odd reason and like always asking for high fives and the usual. He even ask if I want to go to Starbucks with him. Tho...he has a girlfriend.. I'm soo confused with him.

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
I'm black too and I never crush on anybody else who's black since most of the people around me who are black are all... well you know. ^^;

EDIT: I said "black" a lot.... @_@ but Oh well. =P

blink777

Smash Journeyman
Jeez, missed a lot while away. Let's see if I can get caught up.

- Gotta agree with Mr.Loser. Bar Orlando Bloom and the rest of the Lord of the Rings cast (mmmm elves), long hair really ain't hawt on guys.

- Congrats, Momo, on letting your sister know. That's really great of you. Gotta say I had a few urges to say something myself today, but I figured Christmas dinner with my extended family wasn't a great time to drop a bomb... That and I'm still not ready :p

- Yeah, I usually use female characters as well... Zelda in SSB, Sophitia/Seung-Mina in Soul Calibur, Daisy in Tennis, Jean Grey in X-Men, Hermione in HP, etc. Can't say it's a conscious decision to pick women though.

- I think if/when I come out, a lot of people wouldn't be overly surprised... As I said, I'm certainly not flambouyant (I can't even spell it), but I do figure skate, colour coordinate my clothes, and make no secret that I watch Ellen DeGeneres religiously.

- Never played Kingdom Hearts, but it looks like a great game.

- While I would love to be surprised, I don't stand a chance at keeping myself "in the dark" when Brawl comes out in Japan.

- For music, I'm into pop'ish-punk/emo. Nothing special really. I'm also an avid movie score collector (Hans Zimmer = god). 99% of rap makes me ridiculously angry with the world ;).

- Yeah, google ads have been stuck on "Real Jock" all over in this thread.

- Myspace is the devil. Facebook too, for that matter.

- Can't say I've really crushed on many schoolmates or people of other races. On the schoolmate matter, I might for like a week or so, but it's almost always gone away once I get to know them (not that I think less of them, the attraction just disappates). As for race... Same old small town story where I didn't know anyone that wasn't white (aside from 2 kids whose parents were from Hong-Kong, and one guy who may have been 1/8th African-American), so haven't really had the chance until I moved to the city this past year.

Anyway, gotta say I didn't expect there to be so many gays on this site. Really comforting.

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
- Congrats, Momo, on letting your sister know. That's really great of you. Gotta say I had a few urges to say something myself today, but I figured Christmas dinner with my extended family wasn't a great time to drop a bomb... That and I'm still not ready :p

- I think if/when I come out, a lot of people wouldn't be overly surprised... As I said, I'm certainly not flambouyant (I can't even spell it), but I do figure skate, colour coordinate my clothes, and make no secret that I watch Ellen DeGeneres religiously.

Anyway, gotta say I didn't expect there to be so many gays on this site. Really comforting.
-Keep on keepin' on, bud. Coming out is a step-by-step process. Takes time, but things'll get better when it happens.

-I <3 Ellen, too.

-Yeah, I'm really glad and equally surprised about how many gays on part of SWF. I was afraid when I made the thread it'd be nothing chirping crickets in here. But, luckily, things aren't like that and yes, it's very comforting.

Mr.Loser

Smash Apprentice
Sorry that I have been away, people who don't know that I am gay was around.

It goes w/o saying that I too was even shocked that there was a thread like this let alone this many people.

MySpace- That site reeks with evil, I can't see me using that site

Well I have a question: When did you figure out you was gay? Mine was in 7th grade. My friend Johnny *a very tan and chubby/built redneck* and the school bully *pale but muscular, though I hated him* got into a fight. The guys took off their shirts after the fight so the teachers could see if they were hurt. I realised I liked how they looked. Then it took me about a year from then to come to a complete conclusion that I was and always will be gay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom