• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LGBT Smashers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veccy

Smash Rookie
Hey...I'm not really sure where I stand when it comes to sexual interests, believe it or not. I've been in so many different situations (I can explain if you want but it might be TMI :p) that I don't really know. It's weird.

But one thing's for sure: You're all awesome, and gay people are really awesome to be around. I hate the people at my school who are always making all of those dumb jokes about gay people and how the word is even used in casual conversation in the first place. It's scary to think that I'm one of the few males in my school who DON'T make those kinds of remarks...

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
I have a question for the gay people on SWF:

Have you ever hit on dude, only to find out he's straight? Because I've been hit on by gay guys twice (I'm not gay). But I was wondering if this is common place or I just have bad luck. :p

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce

Have you ever hit on dude, only to find out he's straight? Because I've been hit on by gay guys twice (I'm not gay). But I was wondering if this is common place or I just have bad luck. :p
I'm not really one to hit on anyone. It's not really something I do unless I'm joking around with a friend I know, and then they know it's a joke.

I have however, had crushes on guys that I knew were straight. I obviously never approached them about it, but I will tell you that it stinks.

I never use pick up lines, or anything like that. If I like someone I would just introduce myself as a friend, and plan on being just friends. If things develop beyond that, then they do. That's how my relationship now was formed. Without intentions of one starting.

But yeah... Never was much for "hitting" on people.

SU_Remo

Remo Knows

Heh, is it bad luck to get hit on? Then I must have some really good luck, heh. Just messing. I get why straight guys wouldn't want to be hit on by other dudes. I'm not the type to hit on people, really. I especially wouldn't if it's somebody I don't know at all. I guess I'm a bit introverted when it comes to things like that.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
There's this gay guy, who hits on me all the time. I think he just flirts with everyone though, and he isn't camp, so people don't realise he's gay at first.

I don't see why people hate it if gay people flirt with them. I couldn't care less, I just find it flattering that someone would flirt with me. :laugh:

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
I'm not the type of person to hit on people... and I usually find out if they're straight or not pretty quickly just through casual conversation. =P

Mr.Loser

Smash Apprentice
I have a feeling I would studder myself to death and become the same color as a tomato if I treid to hit on any guy, whether I knew they were gay or not (most certainly if I didn't even know them)

Seiya

Smash Journeyman

Uhm..sort of. I don't hit on guys but like I start talking to them more and more and wishing they were around. Sort of like the position I'm in now with one of my swim team mates.

KaptKRool

Smash Apprentice
Where the St Lawrence meets Lake Ontario (Tibbets
Well you're right on the fact that this does fit into the Pool Room, but think about a gay pride parade.

It's carried out by a group of people who want to be viewed equally and want their sexual orientations to be ignored and accepted by society and for the rest of the world to not make a deal about it in any way, and to accept them as the same as everyone else. And yet, just the concept of a gay pride parade contradicts what they're looking for.

Its a parade, meaning people will come out in groups and watch these specific people, it's a pretty big and can be an impactful event. But the fact that these people, who want to be viewed as the same as everyone else, would go out and parade down a street with banners and floats and whatever else they have in parades is doing one major thing: its making them stand out. All a gay pride parade does is points out the fact that these people are gay, and that they're making a big deal out of it and thinking their sexual preference is worthy of a public celebration.

If you want to be accepted as everyone else, you can't try your best to stand out like that. There's nothing wrong with being openly gay, but to flaunt the fact that your gay and create a big parade just because you're gay and want to feel proud of it, all that does is create a sense of gays being different from everyone else in the eyes of the mainstream "norm".

While this one thread isn't doing it to the same degree, it's got the same idea of a gay pride parade. Its better than just a gay pride thread, where all people do is post the fact that they're gay and making a big deal about it. But for gays to want to be able to interact with everyone else, and then make a thread specifically for gays to talk about things there are already threads for, is making it seem to most people that gays are different, and NEED special treatment. There are threads for talking about relationships and love, and they aren't specifically labeled "Heterosexual Relationships", its just called "Girls/Guys/Relationships" or something like that. I'm pretty sure all of you fall under that category, so why make the attempt to seperate yourselves even further by creating a thread seperate from the all encompassing relationship thread, specifically for gay relationships?

While there's absolutely nothing wrong with whatever sexual orientation someone has, what you've done here has just helped to differentiate gays from everyone else. And someone said if I were in the minority, I'd understand, but whether someone is in a minority or not doesn't mean making seperate areas for your minority to communicate amongst yourselves and exclude almost everyone outside of that minority is going to help your minority status be forgotten. It doesn't matter if the majority feel the same way as you or not, you're all people, and there's no reason you should have to have a seperate thread to discuss your relationships and life, when there are already such threads available.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
There really isn't much more that can be said, K Rool.

I guess, at least for me personally, I believe that diversity should be embraced.
I support minority celebrations because they are the minority, and it points out that they are different. I also think that people that hate others because they are different really need to open up.

I believe that diversity in life and culture is what makes the human race great and interesting, and only wish that everyone else could accept that not everyone will always be just like them. I think that's a key factor in living in peace.

And really, there are a lot of topics in this thread that really could not have been talked about in other threads. I encourage you to actually read though it if you haven't, but if you don't feel like it then that is fine too.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I believe that diversity in life and culture is what makes the human race great and interesting, and only wish that everyone else could accept that not everyone will always be just like them. I think that's a key factor in living in peace.
That was beautiful. I'm glad there is a thread like this, it doesn't seem to differentiate people from one another, even if it does, not in a bad way, gay or not.

Dolla Billz Don't Lie Nygga

Smash Apprentice
Dartmouth College...pymping the 603 straight up
Well you're right on the fact that this does fit into the Pool Room, but think about a gay pride parade.

It's carried out by a group of people who want to be viewed equally and want their sexual orientations to be ignored and accepted by society and for the rest of the world to not make a deal about it in any way, and to accept them as the same as everyone else. And yet, just the concept of a gay pride parade contradicts what they're looking for.

Its a parade, meaning people will come out in groups and watch these specific people, it's a pretty big and can be an impactful event. But the fact that these people, who want to be viewed as the same as everyone else, would go out and parade down a street with banners and floats and whatever else they have in parades is doing one major thing: its making them stand out. All a gay pride parade does is points out the fact that these people are gay, and that they're making a big deal out of it and thinking their sexual preference is worthy of a public celebration.

If you want to be accepted as everyone else, you can't try your best to stand out like that. There's nothing wrong with being openly gay, but to flaunt the fact that your gay and create a big parade just because you're gay and want to feel proud of it, all that does is create a sense of gays being different from everyone else in the eyes of the mainstream "norm".

While this one thread isn't doing it to the same degree, it's got the same idea of a gay pride parade. Its better than just a gay pride thread, where all people do is post the fact that they're gay and making a big deal about it. But for gays to want to be able to interact with everyone else, and then make a thread specifically for gays to talk about things there are already threads for, is making it seem to most people that gays are different, and NEED special treatment. There are threads for talking about relationships and love, and they aren't specifically labeled "Heterosexual Relationships", its just called "Girls/Guys/Relationships" or something like that. I'm pretty sure all of you fall under that category, so why make the attempt to seperate yourselves even further by creating a thread seperate from the all encompassing relationship thread, specifically for gay relationships?

While there's absolutely nothing wrong with whatever sexual orientation someone has, what you've done here has just helped to differentiate gays from everyone else. And someone said if I were in the minority, I'd understand, but whether someone is in a minority or not doesn't mean making seperate areas for your minority to communicate amongst yourselves and exclude almost everyone outside of that minority is going to help your minority status be forgotten. It doesn't matter if the majority feel the same way as you or not, you're all people, and there's no reason you should have to have a seperate thread to discuss your relationships and life, when there are already such threads available.
Ever since this thread was created, I've been trying to say this EXACT same thing, but didn't really know how to say it...props

I really want to say you're right....but the fact of the matter is that you're accepting these differences...accepting that all humans are not equal and therefore maintaining those divisions that don't need to be there. While you're creating that division in a positive manner with good intentions, it's still the creation of a division nonetheless. This applies to all groups of people that have been persecuted in the past or present.

Here's an example. I'm am black and yet I absolutely am against affirmative action and all the "Black community" activities that go on in my predominantly white and Asian campus. It's has nothing to do with me being ashamed or wishing I wasn't a minority. It's the fact that it's contradictory as hell. Dr. King;s dream was that all men would be created equal (all men including those that are neither black nor white) and yet black people choose to throw up their black pride attitude and further acknowledge themselves as segregated.

Sorry for that tangent, but I felt an example was needed. Anyways, well the world can truly acknowledge itself as one race...the human race regardless of color, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, etc/ then we'll truly be at peace.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
I really want to say you're right....but the fact of the matter is that you're accepting these differences...accepting that all humans are not equal and therefore maintaining those divisions that don't need to be there. While you're creating that division in a positive manner with good intentions, it's still the creation of a division nonetheless. This applies to all groups of people that have been persecuted in the past or present.

Here's an example. I'm am black and yet I absolutely am against affirmative action and all the "Black community" activities that go on in my predominantly white and Asian campus. It's has nothing to do with me being ashamed or wishing I wasn't a minority. It's the fact that it's contradictory as hell. Dr. King;s dream was that all men would be created equal (all men including those that are neither black nor white) and yet black people choose to throw up their black pride attitude and further acknowledge themselves as segregated.

Sorry for that tangent, but I felt an example was needed. Anyways, well the world can truly acknowledge itself as one race...the human race regardless of color, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, etc/ then we'll truly be at peace.
Of course I am accepting of these differences, but I'm not saying everyone is not equal. I just say we are different. And I really don't believe that that is a bad thing. If I look at you, for example, I look at you as a person, but it doesn't change the fact that you are black. And I feel you should be proud that you aren't just like every one else. If the whole world was just a colorless mass where everyone was the exact same and noone looked any different from anyone else, do you realize how boring that would be?

And about King, he was a great man, but didn't he even specify in his speach, and I quote:

"I have a dream that one day, down in Alabama, with its vicious racists, with its governor having his lips dripping with the words of interposition and nullification; one day right there in Alabama, little black boys and black girls will be able to join hands with little white boys and white girls as sisters and brothers."

Now, what I'm saying by bringing that up is not that it's a bad thing. He acknowledges in there the differences, and saying that despite that we should be able to recognize that we are all members of the human race.

The human race IS diverse, and it IS made up of very many different kinds of people. I just, trully believe that the key to unity is not pretending we aren't different from one another, but accepting it and being proud of this fact. And until everybody is accepting and understanding, there will always be a need for this.

And once again, about this topic. There are simply situations that have arrisen, and will no doubt arrise in here that just can not be discussed in other topics.

--

Anyways, to try and get back on-topic now, I'd like to ask the members of this thread something.

Lets say you were in a situation where you had to pick between being closeted to your friends and family, and someone who you loved and loved you back? Like, lets say you have a boyfriend and you introduce him to your family as a friend. They start treating him badly and hurting his feelings, and he looks to you with eyes that just scream help me? That's just an example, and one I pulled off the top of my head, but what if you had to choose? What would you do?

As for myself... I honestly don't know for sure... but I feel I'd get emotionally worked up and angry, and just HAVE to say something. I wouldn't even think about the consequences at the time.

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
The human race IS diverse, and it IS made up of very many different kinds of people. I just, trully believe that the key to unity is not pretending we aren't different from one another, but accepting it and being proud of this fact. And until everybody is accepting and understanding, there will always be a need for this.

And once again, about this topic. There are simply situations that have arrisen, and will no doubt arrise in here that just can not be discussed in other topics.

--

Anyways, to try and get back on-topic now, I'd like to ask the members of this thread something.

Lets say you were in a situation where you had to pick between being closeted to your friends and family, and someone who you loved and loved you back? Like, lets say you have a boyfriend and you introduce him to your family as a friend. They start treating him badly and hurting his feelings, and he looks to you with eyes that just scream help me? That's just an example, and one I pulled off the top of my head, but what if you had to choose? What would you do?

As for myself... I honestly don't know for sure... but I feel I'd get emotionally worked up and angry, and just HAVE to say something. I wouldn't even think about the consequences at the time.
As was said, not much else can be said in that argument. I agree with your thoughts on diversity, Darkfur, and again, there have been many topics in this thread that couldn't be discussed anywhere else. That alone should justify the necessity of this thread.

As for your question, Darkfur, I'm not how I'd act either. It's a tough situation to balance wanting to stay hidden from your family/friends and wanting to stay true to your boyfriend. I'm the kind of person that thinks people should come out of the closet when they can because of these situations. Even if it's hard to do, I can't imagine being invested in a relationship but having to lie about every day.

blink777

Smash Journeyman
There are threads for talking about relationships and love, and they aren't specifically labeled "Heterosexual Relationships", its just called "Girls/Guys/Relationships" or something like that. I'm pretty sure all of you fall under that category, so why make the attempt to seperate yourselves even further by creating a thread seperate from the all encompassing relationship thread, specifically for gay relationships?
As you blatently ignored my earlier post on this matter, I'll simply quote and bold it in hopes that you'll catch it this time.

Sure, we could have all of these "relationship" type things in one single thread along with all the hetro relationship discussions. But then, we may as well have one single thread to discuss EVERY single desired Brawl character, rather than having seperate threads for every character. For the same reason why a Ridley fan may not be able to really contribute to a discussion on Sigurd's possible moveset, there are somethings that a straight guy can't really help me with.
Once again, I am NOT here to "gain acceptance" with straight people: I already have it as much as I need. I'm not here to parade around that I'm "different": I wouldn't bother posting here if that was the point in the thread. Please, I don't know how I can make this any clearer to you.

Jeez, that's an awful specific situation. I honestly don't think I'd ever get caught in that, as my family doesn't make a point to treat people badly, even if they don't like/agree with them. If my sister's last boyfriend didn't bring that side out in them, I don't see how anyone would.

Anyway, I kinda hope to be "out" before anything like the above situation came up. I certainly wouldn't want to make the situation anymore awkward by having another guy sitting in the room.

darkatma

Smash Hero

A good example. However, those type of people have to make a deadly choice between inactivism- a lifetime of weird stares, teasing, and general oppression; or trying to take a stance to show ignorant people that yes, there's an elephant in the room, namely the stigma and stereotype against gays. Of course it makes them stand out! If you're protesting a treatment, wouldn't you want to stand out and be heard? A parade is like working within the system to solve the system's problems - aka legal actions.

You're saying that gays won't truly be assimilated until they start acting like they are assimilated. But they can only be accepted when every member of the society knows their facts about homosexuals, that they aren't some sort of evil, sinning, errant presence that corrupts children.

The benefits of a parade are: It gives those who are 'in the closet' hope that someone hears their cries and knows their pain, and it gives the rest of the society knowledge that there NEEDS to be change. Most people don't even think mistreating gays is a problem, just like most people thought slavery was fine in the 1800's.

Also, remember that people on smashboards aren't necessarily the same as people in a parade. Just as religion has hundreds of thousands of sects, each person has his own view.
A perfect example: in Christianity, there's a Church called the Westborough Church. This piece of **** was publicized a year ago, and their messages: god hates gays, god hates america, and god hates sweden, are what they truly believe is right (sadly). Then there are others who can tolerate, love, and accept. Similarly, some people may flaunt their sexuality, but not everyone does.

Your last paragraph I think is just a plain misinterpretation. The entire goal of having a parade is to educate and make people aware of this problem. Sure they're making a big deal, if your freedom and rights were at stake you would make a big deal too.

To solve a problem, society needs to know that there IS a problem first. A parade may misrepresent gays, just as the westboroughs misrepresent christians. The mainstream norm needs to know what gays face first.

This separate thread got a lot more responses in a shorter amount of time than the girls/guys/relationships did, simply because it was more controversial, and the responses more needed. This thread CANT differentiate gays from the norm more than society does, and remember, most of the gays out there are too afraid to show it. Threads like these are NEEDED to break stereotypes, that gays aren't just those colorful, happy, silly people. Don't know about you, but if I was suffocating from oppression and misinformation, I would let people know, rather than die silently.

By the way, gay parades don't exclude everyone outside the minority, just as this thread doesn't say 'If you're not gay, don't bother posting'. For the most part, they're far more accepting than the majority of straight people.

Wait, the majority's views dont matter?! That's a new one. I was under the impression that the majority completely affected the minority through their actions, feelings, and sayings. ("i love you, no homo"). When mainstream society is so CLEARLY wrong about stereotypes, that's when minorities need to take action. That's why King was celebrated, because he stood out and spoke for appeals to equality. Slavery took physical and mental tolls on people, and homophobia does too.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
Hey guys. I just wanted to say that I finally got to meet up with my old friend again today. The one I was worried I'd done something bad with. Unfortunately, I was only able to talk with him for a short while, as I couldn't get in touch with him over the phone, and I kind of just dropped by his place unannounced. He said it was fine though, because I was like family.

That actually made me feel pretty good. I would have liked to have stayed longer, and maybe played some Smash Brothers with him, but I had to go because I'm leaving to head back to AZ tomorrow and I had a lot to do to get ready. :/ I didn't get to talk to him about what I wanted to, but honestly, after a talk I had with ebony from this thread, I am not nearly as bothered by it as I was.

I'm woe to find out my friend is getting ready to divorce his wife though... apparently she's gone a bit wacko... He even had to have a restraining order put on her. And after the things he said she was doing, I'm fairly sure she isn't going to win custody of their daughter... I just hope everything works out well for him.

--

Anyways, so, in an attempt to lighten thing up, maybe you guys can help me with something... I head back to AZ tomorrow, and my boyfriend won't be back until Wednesday. I get to stay in his apartment and keep his bed warm for him. ^_^ I've decided I'm going to cook a special dinner for him as a surprise for when he comes home, I just... haven't decided on what do do yet. I've only recently started learning how to cook and all...

What's a good, easy to make, romantic dinner for two guys in love?

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
[garbage]
Firstly, this thread is barely even about gay relationships.
Let me give you a quick crash course of what a gay person actually has to face in this world.

Social stigma (huge)
Familial stigma (huge)
Political bull****
Religious bull****

These are not easy hurdles for everyone to pass. If you really think this type of discussion does not warrant its own support, then you really need a reality check. Now pardon me while I go vomit up my toast.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Firstly, this thread is barely even about gay relationships.
Let me give you a quick crash course of what a gay person actually has to face in this world.

Social stigma (huge)
Familial stigma (huge)
Political bull****
Religious bull****

These are not easy hurdles for everyone to pass. If you really think this type of discussion does not warrant its own support, then you really need a reality check. Now pardon me while I go vomit up my toast.
Congratulations, sir, you've won ten internets.

Seriously, I couldn't have said that any better.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
It's carried out by a group of people who want to be viewed equally and want their sexual orientations to be ignored and accepted by society and for the rest of the world to not make a deal about it in any way,
Mostly right.
and to accept them as the same as everyone else.
Wrong.

Some gays want to be accepted as the same as everyone else. Some gays don't. And I can tell you that the "ridiculous" gays in the gay pride parades mostly fall into the latter group. But I'm guessing you have never been to a gay pride parade. So you don't even realize that a large portion of many gay pride parades consists of people dressed in normal clothing behind a banner, and things like that. Yes, there are men in thongs and crazy costumes, but that's not the entire parade. And you know what? We don't all have to be the same. I wouldn't get into one of those crazy get ups, just because that's not something I would do. But why do I have any reason to judge someone who does? What difference does it make?
And yet, just the concept of a gay pride parade contradicts what they're looking for.
Wrong. Gay pride parades are about how we're all fine the way we are. Those who stigmatize people in the parade, are already in the wrong even before they use that as a way to paint all gay people as bad. Not all gay people are like those in the parade, but even if we were always dressed crazy like that, who gives a ****? But then again, not even everyone in the parade is like everyone in the parade. You don't see people walking around like that all year, do you? Well, I'm sure you don't, since I'm sure you don't go around gay neighborhoods or anything like that. But I can tell you that they don't. It's like basing your opinion of straight people on Mardi Gras. Not only is it not all straight people, but most of the people there are only acting like that for that one day! It's a parade, not a representation of our daily lives! That would be one boring parade if that's what it was.

That said, the context in which the gay pride parade arose is quite different from the current context. The first one was in 1970, when gay liberation started. They were much more political, because back then (and in certain places today), it could be dangerous to even say that you're gay, and you could meet real resistance to the parades. Nowadays in a lot of places they're more like festivals than activism. But they're not all that different from mainstream festivals. As I mentioned Mardi Gras... well, that's not exactly wholesome family entertainment either.

The problem here is that you're confusing equality with sameness. Legal and social equality do not require us to be the same. We don't need to be the same to deserve the same rights and the same respect.
they're making a big deal out of it and thinking their sexual preference is worthy of a public celebration.
Well, it's a different perspective when there has been no struggle for straight rights. It's to counteract all the people out there who say it's shameful. I'm personally not "proud" of being gay, as in, I don't think it's an accomplishment or anything since I didn't choose it. But I'm proud to be myself in spite of all the crap that's out there telling me to hide it or to try to change it or to hate myself.
If you want to be accepted as everyone else, you can't try your best to stand out like that.
Why is acceptance predicated on not standing out?

blink777

Smash Journeyman
I've decided I'm going to cook a special dinner for him as a surprise for when he comes home, I just... haven't decided on what do do yet. I've only recently started learning how to cook and all...

Rachael Ray is your friend. Seriously. I find her to be one of the most irriating people on TV, but her recipes are amazingly simple and just as good.

www.rachaelrayshow.com

Just go to the Food section, then to Recipes and you're all set. I'd recommend the Buffalo Turkey Burgers, but that's not exactly romantic (just ridiculously tasty).

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
I won't add the current little debate that's going on, though I must say thanks to darkatma and Erimir for being so well-spoken. Your opinions are spot on, and I couldn't have said it better myself.

I've decided I'm going to cook a special dinner for him as a surprise for when he comes home, I just... haven't decided on what do do yet. I've only recently started learning how to cook and all...

Aww, I love when you talk about you and your boyfriend~ <3 It's so adorably adorable. I agree with Blink777. I cannot stand Rachel Ray, but her recipes are "cute" and easy. I've gotten a few of her cookbooks as gifts. The first thing that came to mind for me was a chicken parmesan with some sort of pasta, maybe fettuccine alfredo. Two classic Italian dishes, but very easy. Check out some recipes on Food Network.

Good luck with dinner and hope you and your b/f have a lovely reunion~

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
I agree with Kingremo. Thank's Erimir, darkatma and everyone else. You worded things far better than I feel I could have. ^_^

Also,

Thanks for the tips guys. I've been looking through her site and have found a couple of ideas I may have to try. ^_^ I need to buy supplies though, I don't have a casserole dish or a baking pan or anything like that. I'd forgotten about her. My mom used to watch the Food Network all the time when I was growing up. She always liked Paula Dean.

I think I'm going to settle with either some type of Lasagna or Shephards pie. The thing is about the Shepards pie though is that I don't know if my boyfriend likes lamb. I personally do, but... it's unique and not everyone does...

--

Back to be on topic though, I have another question. Anyone here desire to one day get married? Even if it isn't recognized by where you live?

I fully intend to propose to my boyfriend if we are still together in three or four years. I hope he'd say yes. Then, once we are both out of college with jobs and settled in, I'd love to raise a family somehow. Though, knowing my personality, I'd probably be one of those extremely overprotective parents. *laugh*

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
I made this thread akin to the recent Married Smashers thread. The Smash World Forums is a place with a great and diverse community with many different kind of people, so maybe this could help bring together other gay people in Smash community. I'm not sure how this'll turn out or what will be discussed. (School life, home life, coming out, relationships, gay rights, etc.) [And hopefully this isn't flame-bait. Please be nice.]

As was said before, it's hard to come out in a environment like this; a bunch of high school to college-aged gamers, but personally I think it would be neat to find and chat with other people who share two similar important qualities; being gay and a love for Super Smash Bros. So yeah, I don't know if it'll be popular; if it isn't, it'll just get buried in the doldrums, but I'd thought I give it a try anyways.

King ReMO
i know thise is off topic but are you doh by any chance?

blink777

Smash Journeyman
She always liked Paula Dean.
THAT woman is bloody insane. Freaking butter.

Anyone here desire to one day get married? Even if it isn't recognized by where you live?
Not at all. Nor do I plan on having any kids. Marriage just doesn't appeal to me, and kids scare me financially. ;)

I fully intend to propose to my boyfriend if we are still together in three or four years. I hope he'd say yes. Then, once we are both out of college with jobs and settled in, I'd love to raise a family somehow. Though, knowing my personality, I'd probably be one of those extremely overprotective parents. *laugh*
Cute ^^. Here's hoping you'll pull through.

Zapdos275 said:
lol now there are advertisements for gay love on this topic

YOu really gotta hand it to ad targeting.
Those RealJock things? Yeah... they've been kicking around for a while lol.

Randofu

Smash Journeyman
It's 1:30 in the morning and I have a deadline for a conference paper coming up in 4 and a half hours, so I'm not going to read through 40 pages about gay smashers... but I will say that my boyfriend and I live together and play Smash all the time! I think that when Sakurai made so much of Brawl co-op, he made it for gay couples. :)

I don't really have a main character that I use. I think that I originally used Sheik, then switched to Pichu, then switched to Jigglypuff, then switched to Peach (who stayed my main character for a long time because she's so frickin' powerful), and then switched to Bowser. If I had to pick a current main, it would be Bowser. I can't help but cheer for the underdog. :) That being said, I usually choose my character randomly, and reselect when I get Marth, Roy, or the Links.

I'm all for gay Smashers! Maybe we can exchange FCs when Brawl comes out or something.

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
Here's another set of questions for some of us Gay Smashers... I THINK they are new...

What's your favorite stage in the N64 version? How about Melee? Which stage looks the most interesting so far in Brawl?

I myself never played the N64 version, well I DID like once or twice but forgot the stages... from the looks of it I think I'd like Peach's Castle the most... in Melee my favorite is Mute City... and so far in Brawl I think Mario Circuit will be my favorite. ^_^

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
Back to be on topic though, I have another question. Anyone here desire to one day get married? Even if it isn't recognized by where you live?
I would love to get married, or whatever's the closest alternative. (Like a commitment ceremony or something.) I would love to find somebody and have a close enough relationship to vow to spend the rest of my life with him. And I think I'd like a family, as well. Adoption is fine with me. I know that there are so many children who need homes.

What's your favorite stage in the N64 version? How about Melee? Which stage looks the most interesting so far in Brawl?
I barely remember Smash 64 stages. I guess Hyrule Castle. I really like Fountain of Dreams or Green Greens for Melee stages. And for Brawl, I'm looking forward to play Skyworld and Castle Seige.

Mr.Loser

Smash Apprentice
By doh, do you mean a clan in aardwolf, my ex-bestfriend is (might not be in that clan now) a part of that clan Zohiartze

As for Marriage, I would love to find someone whom I can marry and have adobt some children with. Though I am not so sure on that children thing yet. I have problems with kids for now <_<

EDIT: AS for my favorite SSB64 stage, that would be Hyrule Castle. Melee would be Corneria. With Brawl I am looking forward to Skyworld and the Halberd Stage

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
I would LOVE to be married to someone someday. I really want to be linked to the one that I'd spend the rest of my life to, family and all. Hopefully someday, it'll happen...

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
Here's a new question that I've been thinking about recently: Did any of y'all go to your high school prom? Did you take a date; girl or guy? Anybody go by themselves?

I'm curious because I remember some things about my high school. I've always heard that there's been an unwritten rule that same sex couples weren't allowed to go to the prom. Now, I don't know the actual rule about that, and I'm sure the school couldn't ban them from going... I mean, that's just asking for a lawsuit.

When students buy tickets, they sign up as a couple, so I guess that's how to check to see who's going with whom. I hear gay students just buy single tickets and meet up at the prom, but I've heard they frown upon that. This all sounds extremely prejudice and unfair, which is probably is, but I've known gay students have a perfectly fine time. Personally, I never went to my prom. Didn't want to spend the $ and I never found a date. (Though, one of my friends came up to me later and he was like, "I would've gone with you. You should've asked." -___-)

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
Prom, huh...? No. I never went to it. My friends wanted me to go, and I probably would have had fun going along with them. However, I'm one of those people that really doesn't like going alone to social events, no matter who I know. If people accompany and go with me, I'm fine, but otherwise it's difficult for me.

I don't think I had a single friend tell me they wanted to go with me. Then again, while there, I didn't have many friends that were either bi or gay, male or female. My high school wasn't very accepting about anyone not straight at all. In fact, I remember one of my friends that was EXTREMELY openly gay get regular threats from a couple of kids in classes, and it took something more extreme for a teacher to do something about it. So I didn't bother looking for others that were, had no idea how, and probably would have been too petrified to ask.

Long story short... I never had a prom, invited to or my own.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
Well, as for me... I went to my prom because I didn't want to not go. I felt it was traditional and such. I, however did not have a date. I was fine with this however because a couple of my friends also didnt have dates. [Coincidentally... I just recently found out one of them is also gay. ] Not that either of us would have let our picture get taken together if we had known and, both being from conservative families, very much in the closet, and with at least me not being anywhere near accepting of myself at the time I know we wouldn't have been a couple.

Anyways, it was fun for me because all of my friends who did go, there dates felt bad that I didn't have a date so I got to dance a song with almost all of them. XD It was actually kind of fun. Then I went bowling with friends afterwards, and then I was driven home, oddly enough by the friend I was just talking about. =p

However, had there been any gay couples at my prom... they would not have been well recieved, sadly... The vast majority of my school actually physically hated homosexuallity, and were very vocal about it. I get depressed thinking about it at times, and frightened I grew up exposed to it. I'm ALMOST glad I wasn't able to accept myself for who I was until college.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom