• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LGBT Smashers

Status
Not open for further replies.

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
Oh my holy god...I am sorry, but I can't control myself, I just have to ask this, I am sorry, it's just you know I can't control it........are you a homo b/c you lived in Texas? OMG I am so sorry, it's like a talent, I just can't control it.
On top of that, during your prom night...was it special? Umm good call that you weren't wearing white, and oh yea, the classic: can you sit up straight?
My mean, you are really helping yourself to be taken serious anyhow, come on man. That's way too much Peach to tell us that you are gay. We got it, you are gay, so tone down the pink and all that...and dude, at least try to hook up with a girl. Grow up faster.
For god's sake, how could you not like girls? COME ON! What's there not to like about girls? Your body are made for sex, at least use the right equipments. Ok, ok, ok, I am done. Be a giver.
That is by far not only the most incoherent garbage I've ever read, but such pointless, inappropriate, prejudice trash I've seen in a while. I don't mind people not accepting homosexualty, but jeez, you just sound like an idiot. If you're going to come in this thread and fling **** around, at least speak like you're older than seven. I would go on, but DarknessOfHeart covered all the bases. You 'da man, DoH.

So, what i have been thinking lately. Is that I may be bi. I personally believe that it is more about the person you are than what it is on the outside. Would you guys agree with this?
Sexual identity isn't so black and white. That's the beauty of it. Live life and discover who you are. Maybe you're bi, gay, straight or whatever. A lot of people don't like using those labels. Basically, do whatever you do or love whomever you love that makes you happy.

As a question, what's everyone's age? I'm 18, for reference. Just to find out the irony of Mr. "Grow up faster"
I'm twenty. Whoo.

And "aww" @ you and your friend. bffs are fun~

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Well, here goes nothin'... I smash with the guys all the time, and my friend Xsyven made me sign up for smash boards... Anywho, yeah I like guys but unless I'm scoring with you, what difference does it make? People put way too much emphasis on orientation to begin with. Bugger off and mind your own business, I say. Well, I guess I'm excited for Brawl to hit, and I fought in maybe three tournaments, tops, so I guess I have some sort of quaification for being here... *bleah* I'm hungry... Really hungry... :urg:
Look what Jager does to you. :p

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
I was in the same boat, and my mother confessed to performing a hatecrime somewhat tearfully to me once <3

I'd add my own opinion as to what he said, but you covered all the angles.

As a question, what's everyone's age? I'm 18, for reference. Just to find out the irony of Mr. "Grow up faster"

EDIT: Failed at quoting.
I am 19.
Don't worry about thew hole grow up factor because in truth, even the adults act like they are still twelve years old.

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
Meh, I've missed a whole bunch of pages in this thread since I haven't had internet access for the last few days.

My age? 15. 16 in October. Still quite a while to go :/.

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
I'm 17 and I turn 18 in September. =3

And I agree that people pay way too much attention to orientation... I mean really if people could just mind their own business and live their own lives, a lot of things would be much easier. I mean if somebody likes your husband/wife or boyfriend/girlfriend and tries to split you two up, that's one thing... but to just go around telling strangers that they're wrong for being the way they are and saying you hate them or asking offensive and stupid questions is just plain sad, I don't understand why people can't just mind their own business in the first place... parents I can understand since it concerns their child, grandparents I can kinda understand too, but perfect strangers is something I can't understand...

Also if you don't understand why I like guys, ask yourself this... why do you like girls? Why do most girls like guys? Because the parts match up? There's much more to relationships than whether or not the parts match up, it's actually really difficult to explain for me since that is one of the partsof a relationship but it's not the only thing... it's just the way things are, asking a person "OMG why do you like guys!? Girls are so much sexier!!" is just plain silly, maybe you wouldn't understand why it is, but it's like having a gay guy come up to you and ask "OMG why do you like girls!? Guys are so much sexier!!"... you think girls are sexually attractive, but others don't... it's just the way things are.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
I mean I can understand where people get the idea that homosexuality can be wrong. Many of them were raised by parents of an older generation and so the whole idea that homosexuality seems a bit new to them.Not to say that they didn't know of its existence but rather, during that time they weren't accepting or it just wasn't as well known as it was today.
I don't believe its hate but more like misinformation.I believe that people would be more accepting if they actually understood that being homosexual does not change the person that they are, they just prefer hotdogs to hamburgers.

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
Some people don't want to believe that sexual orientation won't change the person... but like you said it's the way they were raised... my parents are pretty liberal and aren't really religious, my dad even claims to be an athiest. So I guess I shouldn't have to worry about their views on stuff like this, I never heard them say anything BAD about gay people... so I guess I'm super lucky when it comes to that... I'd be crushed if I had to fear my parents not wanting to have anything to do with me if I told them... though I'm still not comfy enough with it yet to tell anybody else just yet. (my sis is the only one that knows... well other than you people but you guys dun know me in real life. D=) Though my parents are far from perfect I'm glad I don't have parents who hate others for the way they were born and taught me to do the same. ^^

And that's a cute pic Andydark. X3

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
It's been a while, and boy has this thread exploded. ^_^

I'd like to make a few points right fast.

To the person who remarked about my sig, thank you. ^_^ Redwall is still one of my favorite series, even though I don't read it as religiously as I used too. It's been a couple of years since I last read one.

To those of you who remarked about myself and my boyfriend, I blush. ^^; I've been really busy the past couple of days with schoolwork, but he's been helping me when I get stuck and it's been great. If I can get his permission I'll put up a pic of us. Although... now that I think about it, I don't think we actually have an... appropriate one... of us together that I can share. I'll have to fix that. ^_^

To the guy who thinks he may be Bi, I'd like to say this. Bisexual is extremely honorable in my mind. I personally think it's the greatest orientation one can have. I view it as "Not discriminating against love based on gender". I consider myself bisexual, but I lean so far towards men most of the time that I may as well be gay.

To DarknessofHeart, it's great to have you in this thread. I'd read your debates a while ago, and I was very pleased. When I first saw you post in this thread, I recognized your user name from the debate about Gay Marriage. I'd like to thank you for that wonderful defense.

As for my age, I'm 20. I'll be turning 21 in May, and I plan to celebrate responsibly! Though... my boyfriend will still be underage, so I'm a bit torn about what to do in that situation. Honestly, I don't even know if I'll be here in AZ in May. There are some... complications arising, and I may have to go back to GA for a while. If I don't need Back surgery however, I should be back in the fall. I'm on some medication called Cyclobenzaprine right now that helps my back. It seems to be working, but I may still need the surgery. Spinal Stenosis and degenerative Lumbar disk For the lose. X_X

Anyways, I mentioned before there was a story behind why "Why do Bird's suddenly Appear" means so much to me. This past May, my boyfriend was in Texas and I was in Arizona. Our birthday's are six days appart. I'd gotten him Yoshi's Island for DS and he apologized because he said mine was going to be a bit late. This didn't bother me, because I didn't really expect anything, I was just glad I was able to surprise him for once. [I'm very bad at picking gifts.]

Then, about two weeks later I get a package in the mail and open it. Theres a board game inside, and also a Metal box with an a couple of angels on it. The angels were holding what looked like a ribbon with the word "Love" written on it. Upon discovering it was a lid I opened it to find lots and lots of change. Pennies, nickels, dimes, and quarters. I thought this was odd, and then found an envelope in the box. He'd written me a long letter describing his feelings to me, and talking about how I made him feel and how glad he was that we loved each other... Then he said that I needed to look closely at what was in the box, because I had something in common with it's contents...

For my twentieth birthday, He'd saved up twenty dollars in change... and ever single coin was from 1987... the year I was born.

I was already moved to tears, but then I noticed that on the bottom of the box was a tab... a winding tab. It was a music box. I wound it up, and that's when it started playing "Why do Bird's suddenly Appear"

In my mind there is no more beautiful song...

Heck, just remembering that day gets me a bit teary eyed...

Mr.Loser

Smash Apprentice
Darkfur <_< stop telling cute stories *explodes*
*reforms from explosion...I am just that skilled*
Well I am 17, as I stated in this thread my b-day passed the 29th of December. One more year and I can move out of this homophobic little town ;_;

I should go and see that debate that I am hearing mentioned by DoH; maybe I will have a peek at it later.

Yes you are right Kyari it has been decided years ago that the food analogy of male/female parts are the hotdog and taco

O and Andydark that guy in the middle is cute xD (sorry if the guy on the right is you...I don't like hair even that long <_<)

Shinzaburo

Smash Apprentice
Let me start by saying, with pride, that I am a devout Catholic, and please accept me for my beliefs. Even though I believe that gay/lesbian marriage is wrong, I accept homosexuals for who they are. To those who opened up, I have read most of your stories, and I feel terribly sorry about what you have gone through. It doesn't matter whether you are straight, gay, lesbian, or bi-sexual. Everyone was made equally; therefore everyone should be treated equally. I really hope that someday, everybody will accept homosexuals for who they are, just like whites and blacks accepting each other despite their races.

Man, we really need another Martin Luther King, Jr., to settle this situation.

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
Oh, Darkfur. If I say "awwww" any louder, I'll wake up the neighbors~ If I have a relationship half as cute, romantic and amazing as yours, I'll be more than happy~ <("<)

Let me start by saying, with pride, that I am a devout Catholic, and please accept me for my beliefs. Even though I believe that gay/lesbian marriage is wrong, I accept homosexuals for who they are. To those who opened up, I have read most of your stories, and I feel terribly sorry about what you have gone through. It doesn't matter whether you are straight, gay, lesbian, or bi-sexual. Everyone was made equally; therefore everyone should be treated equally. I really hope that someday, everybody will accept homosexuals for who they are, just like whites and blacks accepting each other despite their races.

Man, we really need another Martin Luther King, Jr., to settle this situation.
I have no problem with people who don't believe in gay marriage. (Heck, I know of gay people who are very religious and don't believe in it.) Just as long as they are like you; very kind, fair, and supportive. I appreciate your addition to the thread.

Andydark

Smash Journeyman
Bourbonnais IL||I consider myself competent. AIM:
I personally don't see why gay marriage is such a big deal on either side.

It's just a word, y'know?

I don't see why marriage is strictly religious, either. Nothing really is anymore...

But meh. I just think there are more important political issues, why make such a huge deal about one word when there are so many other things not going so smoothly.

Perhaps it's my overly logical nature, but does anyone else feel that way sometimes?

I feel that I understand why we fight for it. But not why we can't have it...

Edited like five times >_> I do that a lot.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I am gonna be honest, I really don't believe in gay marriage either. But, hey thanks for that Darkfur, that makes me feel a lot better. I personally view marrige as to have kids in, but if your not gonna have kids you may as well just live together instead. But, hey I will be staying in this thread a decent amount.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
I agree completely, Andydark. However, I have to say that marriage has many different meanings. The argument for or against uses several. Of course there's the people who are against it and feel that it only matters in terms of their religion. However, to those who want gay marriage, it means several things. First there's the lega sense of the term, and the benefits one receives from it. If the fuss is that marriage is religiously between a man and woman, then just define another word for legal union between a gay couple. It's very simple. Of course, I also understand, that marriage is something everyone grows up hearing about. Everyone wants to walk down the aisle with friends and family surrounding them and know that hopefully they'll be living together for the rest of their lives. I feel EVERY couple should have this opportunity regardless of their sexual orientation. Sadly, I know this might not be as grand for many of you, because some of your family/friends don't approve of homosexuality, but I'm sure you still have lots of people you would love to celebrate with. Everyone should get to do this, no matter who they are.

sinz, for lesbian couples, having kids is no problem, they can go to a sperm bank. and for male gay couples there's always adoption. There's also senarios in which one of the partners had children in a previous straight marriage, and received custody.

Of course there are many gay couples who do not have children, but many many heterosexual marriages today do not involve children at all. Defining marriage as strictly a way to have children seems rather ignorant. As I said before, it's much more than that.

Darkfur how can anyone not comment on the amazingness of your relationship? It's picture perfect, I would be in heaven if I was in a relationship like that regardless of whether it was with a man or woman.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
Darkfur how can anyone not comment on the amazingness of your relationship? It's picture perfect, I would be in heaven if I was in a relationship like that regardless of whether it was with a man or woman.
That's a sweet thing to say. I really am very happy with it, but just to say, he and I still have our arguments from time to time, just like any couple. We don't see eye to eye in certain political situations, and our religious views couldn't be farther apart. [Well I suppose theres someway it could be. I'm Christian, and he's Aetheist.]

We just had an argument tonight, over something stupid as usual. Those really are the worst kind of arguments. And, between our two personality types it's pretty bad. I have a very hard time letting things go, good or bad, and when he says something during an argument he does it in a way that he's talking down to you. And, with those two types of personalities, the simplest arguments can get pretty heated. I usually feel bad afterwards when I calm down, but he doesn't calm down for hours, and sometimes days. So, after our arguments it's a pretty bad atmosphere for the next few days.

Every relationship has their obstacles though, and our arguments have been less frequent at the very least. He just left to go to Wal-Mart and pick up a few groceries... I would have liked to of gone with him to help, but I don't have a bus pass for this month nor enough change to do so. Plus, I think he wanted the time to cool down.

SpeedAcE

Smash Journeyman
Darkfur, your story was simply inspirational. In fact, I envy you. If only the relationship that tore me apart along time ago could have been that powerful, sincere, and picture perfect. My ex- girlfriend has been gone since May and I'm still crippled. You guys really are something.

Anywho, regarding the subject of the topic, I fail to see anything wrong with homosexuality. This is because I believe said people do not have a choice in the matter; they are inherently the way they are. You do not choose your sexuality. As a christian I also believe that if God frowned upon homosexuality, people would be born heterosexual as opposed to the opposite. Provided that you think logically, you should come to the same conclusion.

"Whatever is, is right." -Alexander Pope

I implore those who are curious about the above quote to look up his famous poem and read it extensively.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
*snip picture of Andy*
I don't look good in it of course, but I suck at being photographed, I tend to have a stupid expression on my face.
Cute. Watch out for those straight boy crushes tho... always so disappointing. Well, except when they decide to experiment with you. But that doesn't happen too often, and even that was accompanied by so much disappointment (in the one case that it happened with me)... There's always that sliver of hope. Which is annoying but you cling to it anyway... Anywho...

Your picture in the picture thread is a lot better, tho. Well, as far as how you look in it.

Which I guess is where I ought to post pics, so I did, and so I guess I'll just link to my post there.

solrac_krad

Smash Apprentice
Darkfur, man, that story is just like a movie
My straight friends, well, at leats one of them, hugs me all the time, even when his girl is around, we have a little bit of history ourselves, so, she is not happy after all. When we go out, he ussually sleeps at my place, in my bed, she recently found out, haha, and she kinda banned him from going out with me, haha, we still hang out as much as before, just, she doesnt know, she gets the wrong idea, we are playful, but only friends
Im afraid Ill always gonna have a minor crush on him, he tease me and I do it too, we've known eachother for 8 years now, and the far we have gotten is cuddle and kiss when we get drunk at my place, never really talked about it, just played it along as it never happened and we are still friends, but I always get jelaous.
Me and him:

Gogo Vabrato

Smash Rookie
Look what Jager does to you. :p
You fiend, you're the one who convinced me to sign up for this site.:) What're you doing here anyway, you like the ladies! Either way, the message still turned up pretty accurate and un-tainted as far as ursa minor is concerned. Woot. My gum is turning to paste. *nyack*

KrazyDreamz

Smash Rookie
This is a really a confusing topic for me. First of all I'm definitely not gay. I have fallen in love with multiple girls in the past, and I'm attracted to girls. I'll admit I've been curious of other things but I could only imagine myself being in a relationship with a girl.

However not too long ago I ran into a guy somewhere I couldn't help but be attracted to. However he looked very much like a girl, and if someone saw him quickly they would probably thing he was a girl. I talked to him for a little bit and he was really kind, and I couldn't help but sort of like him. We didn't really hang out or talk for that long, but I might be able to see him again sometime soon.

He had really beautiful hair, styled just like a girl. In fact, I would say his hair was better than most girl's hair I've seen. Even with this guy though, I can't think of any other guy being hot or cute, or think of being in a relationship with one. This one guy is the only exception. I guess this makes me bi.. I'm just so confused about it.

solrac_krad

Smash Apprentice
This is a really a confusing topic for me. First of all I'm definitely not gay. I have fallen in love with multiple girls in the past, and I'm attracted to girls. I'll admit I've been curious of other things but I could only imagine myself being in a relationship with a girl.

However not too long ago I ran into a guy somewhere I couldn't help but be attracted to. However he looked very much like a girl, and if someone saw him quickly they would probably thing he was a girl. I talked to him for a little bit and he was really kind, and I couldn't help but sort of like him. We didn't really hang out or talk for that long, but I might be able to see him again sometime soon.

He had really beautiful hair, styled just like a girl. In fact, I would say his hair was better than most girl's hair I've seen. Even with this guy though, I can't think of any other guy being hot or cute, or think of being in a relationship with one. This one guy is the only exception. I guess this makes me bi.. I'm just so confused about it.
No need to label yourself, you just liked someone, is there really a need to label it???
Labels like straight, gay and bi (an alot of others) are just made so we can fit into categories, and in sexuality, there are no things written in stone, its difficult to only fit in one category hehehe.
I consider myself to be pansexual, that, if I have to label myself, if someone asks me, I tell them Im bi, its less hard to explain.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Which one is you in that picture, dark carlos?

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia

Hm... I was going to say bicurious, but it's really this distinction for me. Bicurious is if you would do stuff with the same sex just for kicks, or because you're really... desperate? I don't know how to call people like that, but you should get the general idea. Bi is when you can love either sex equally and want to be in a relationship with whoever captures your heart most. That's how I view it, at least.

I'm probably far off, but that's the only fair way I've been able to look at it. Bi people are lucky people, IMHO. Minus those of the same gender that are straight, they have the best chance to find that special someone.

Death

Smash Lord
Ugh, I know I shouldn't be posting this here but i Just want to point out my problem with Gays. I have a HUGE problem with gays. I don't mean to start a flame-war hear and I mean no offense to gays but just know, I have a problem with you guys. :ohwell:

Kyari

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
KYRI#103
Ugh, I know I shouldn't be posting this here but i Just want to point out my problem with Gays. I have a HUGE problem with gays. I don't mean to start a flame-war hear and I mean no offense to gays but just know, I have a problem with you guys. :ohwell:
you did not point out your problem with them. stating you have a problem isn't pointing it out. how can you mean no offense to gays but tell them that you dont like them? that's inherently and definitively contradictory.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
jesus, with all the mos in here I didn't think it would take another page for someone to get that reference.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
jesus, with all the mos in here I didn't think it would take another page for someone to get that reference.
I got it immediately. I mean, the plastics reference is pretty transparent. Just didn't see a reason to comment on it.

You're not really a mean girl, tho, are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom