• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LFM/LFC somebody set us up the gong, MK is not a dirty word

tkls

Smash Apprentice
YAY CREWS!!!!
i need to practise my brawl skills a bit now. sort of neglected them a bit in favor of melee, which i have been enjoying much more lately

Aqua`

Smash Apprentice
Yay, thanks heaps. jamus uses link? sounds mad, IF u r prepared to have two links.
link dittos are awesome. also i never have played competitivley offline, but if its still okay then it would be awesome to be in ur crew.
umm in crews is it just brawl?? or melee and brawl?
all this on topic posting is making me dizzy...

Isorropia

Smash Apprentice
The crews events will have both melee and brawl rounds, with teams getting points for both. So....you'll need to be good at both to win overall, but I believe there is some sort of award system for each game so if a crew is much better at one game than the other they can still win something?

Aqua`

Smash Apprentice
ok.. thanks. so how many melee players does our crew have?

I LAG

Smash Lord
Screw it, I say if you wanna go 2 mk's go for it and be shamed when you lose to MTR b throw.
we aren't stupid we will sacrifice Enigmalik when we have to play meteor n hopefully he can take out 2 stocks.

Yay, thanks heaps. jamus uses link? sounds mad, IF u r prepared to have two links.
link dittos are awesome. also i never have played competitivley offline, but if its still okay then it would be awesome to be in ur crew.
umm in crews is it just brawl?? or melee and brawl?
all this on topic posting is making me dizzy...
2links vs 2mks sounds nice

F_T_S

Smash Journeyman
i have never played you gong guys.....only thing i think i did involving you guys was throw a chip at one of you.

@ILAG from ur posts stupid sounds right

planetstereo

Smash Ace
ok.. thanks. so how many melee players does our crew have?
well, ive recently become melee and apparently so has tkls, and jamus is pretty good himself though he still thinks of himself as a brawl player (though none of us are great players yet).

i have never played you gong guys.....only thing i think i did involving you guys was throw a chip at one of you.
That was me.....:p

Aqua`

Smash Apprentice
well, ive recently become melee and apparently so has tkls, and jamus is pretty good himself though he still thinks of himself as a brawl player (though none of us are great players yet).

That was me.....:p
can any of u guys wavedash?
and there are chips at these tourneys?! =P

Bjay

Smash Lord
can we just ignore stupid posts and stupid questions from now on please

tkls

Smash Apprentice
i usually do, but that is a new low, even for fake scar. maybe im just in a bad mood.

S.D

Smash Master
If anyone feels like contributing something remotely interesting/relevant go right ahead...

At last 6 crews - grats and thanks to Tim on setting all this up.

Bjay

Smash Lord
So if no more crews join and we've got this underway and people want to form a crew and join, it's tough luck to them?

Just making sure.

Aqua`

Smash Apprentice
Yes to both questions
;)
i havent played melee in 4 years or something.:(
also if one more person comes to this tourney, will that be enough for another crew, and if so will that crew be able to participate?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
can we just ignore stupid posts and stupid questions from now on please
^ This.

Do some of you guys want infractions or bans for breakfast? Please avoid short/one-line banter unless it contributes to the the purpose of the thread. Check out some of Turtle's or Dekar's posts to find out how to get yourself banned.

Aqua`

Smash Apprentice
^ This.

Do some of you guys want infractions or bans for breakfast? Please avoid short/one-line banter unless it contributes to the the purpose of the thread. Check out some of Turtle's or Dekar's posts to find out how to get yourself banned.
far out caotique, hes just trying to make sure i lag doesnt get the whole thread off topic again, hes trying to do what you should be doing. why dont you ban I LAG, not threaten Bjay for doing the right thing. look at scars post? wtf do u call that?

I LAG

Smash Lord
So now my crews name is i wish i wasn't in this crew? <3 CAO

EDIT: since this message is already infracted i can say something stupid

i kinda miss turtles anti brawl post n him calling me a brawltard.
when will turtle be back?

unreon

Smash Ace
This isn't a Cao problem, it's a Smashboards problem. Unfortunately signing up is a breeze and permabans are too rare. Moderation on this forum is sadly a joke.

Aqua`

Smash Apprentice
So now my crews name is i wish i wasn't in this crew? <3 CAO
<3 CAO... yeh uve been suckin his ****, thats y u havent been permanantly banned.:psycho:
also at the start it says "kicking off" at teds tourney, wen the next crew thingy gonna be held?

i apologise, it was the wording of it.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
far out caotique, hes just trying to make sure i lag doesnt get the whole thread off topic again, hes trying to do what you should be doing. why dont you ban I LAG, not threaten Bjay for doing the right thing. look at scars post? wtf do u call that?
My quote was approving of Bjay's post. My warnings were in fact directed towards I LAG and tlks in particular. That shouldn't have been hard to figure out if logic was applied.

Back to the topic now.

Aqua`

Smash Apprentice
will the winner of crews be the crew that wins at teds tourney?

oh crap.. its at the start. sorry bout that:laugh:... so who will be hosting the next tourney after tedeth?

isthattim?

Smash Ace
I have decided that 2 more crews will be allowed if formed on the day IF TIME ALLOWS IT crews already formed will get preference over pickup crews. It's up to teddy when the crews will be held, a discussion will be had on the day as to whether there is enough time to allow more crews. if my calculations are correct one extra crew will add about 40 minutes to crew times and 2 extra crews will add about 1 hour.
IF extra crews are added no additional prize money will be offered, there contributions (as well as free agent fees) will go towards buying 2 DVD recorders for the next crew league.

This season is a trial run for the next season which will have far more lax rules regarding absenteeism and will last 5-6 months (as well as greater prize money) in the event of this next season going ahead i will take a far more prominent role in hosting tournaments but will no longer offer my financial support for anything other than hall booking fees etc.

Remember that this league may have problems and face hiccups as we proceed down this track but if you bare with me and remember to have a good time we can look forward to a great time and more seasons ahead.

As far as making things run smoothly and to not hijack peoples tournaments too much in the future i expect every crew to bring at least one decent sized lagless! TV to each tournament as well as 1 wii.

For those of you who cannot drive to events i encourage you to speak to your parents of your "team" in order to aquire more lifts for you and your crewmates to these events. it sounds better and your parents will be happier and more willing to transport you great distances

sorry bout the big wall of text but expect more over the next few weeks as we approach our goals

Aqua`

Smash Apprentice
yay big wall of text ftw.
ok makes sense. im bringing a friend along who might not come, thats why i asked that.

jamus

Smash Apprentice
haha Aqua Im glad there is another brawl link player. I thought me and Luke were the only ones who played him lol. Link is awesome fun to play...I just wish his recovery was a bit better.

tkls

Smash Apprentice
luke, you play as link? you tier *****, lol, you only ever use snake in tourneys. you still using luigi in the next tournament?

Aqua`

Smash Apprentice
haha Aqua Im glad there is another brawl link player. I thought me and Luke were the only ones who played him lol. Link is awesome fun to play...I just wish his recovery was a bit better.
yeh! Link is awesome fun, so many advanced techniques, so challenging. hes got it all mind games, tricks evrything. its whyy we play him, even through the minor setback of him being such a piece of **** character. i thought i was the ONLY link player lol. well i am probably the only link player without a secondary character, i use him only. wenever i try to use someone else i zair lol.:p

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Link's awesome. I also play Link, among other characters, when I'm not being all srs bsns.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
lol yeah I play most characters in the game but not competitively, just snake and I have been working on luigi and will be using him in the act tourney like i said.

link is awesome and if played properly is a very solid character with his only real weakness in my opinion being his recovery, and unfortunately that is a huge weakness that is easy for your opponent to capitalize on :(

tkls

Smash Apprentice
i think its more than that. it take more than bad recovery to be bottom tier

planetstereo

Smash Ace
I think that its something that jamus once told me about link, that is every move that he has has a drawback of some kind, so its a tradeoff with every move. If you compare to it to MK's moves, half can be truly called "Unpunishable". So you see what makes link low tier. It takes an insightful player to play link successfully which is less true for MK.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
like I said, if you play link properly, he has a good spacing game and can keep them at range.

the difference is the amount of skill time and practice put into link as opposed to mk, link has a ridiculously high learning curve if you want to use him competitively

Aqua`

Smash Apprentice
yep, this is all true, links tier placing is justified. however link is one of those characters who has plenty of potential. his recovery is terrible, but, the more you play as him the more you learn to time your recovery properly with the di. he also has plenty of ledgehop and recovery attack options. this doesnt make his recovery better but at least usable. he also has a huge range of attacking options, the z-air is awesome, and the dair is amazing if you can gimp with it. just ask scar, wen i two stocked his mk he was speechless =P.

S.D

Smash Master
The only real problem with Link is that he is a pile of ****.

Recovery should never be an issue in brawl just hold up when you get hit and you'll never die.

Top Bottom