• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LFM/LFC somebody set us up the gong, MK is not a dirty word

unreon

Smash Ace
Another thing that demonstrates that Smashboard has Down's Syndrome:

You can change your character. Not once per match. Once per turn. What's the point of choosing your beginning characters anyway? Come in with four Falcons, move your spaces right up to them, change to your character of choice, and pick them apart in 2v1 battles. Urgh.

You know what pisses me off the most? It took him TWO YEARS. TWO YEARS.

"Duh huh I just realised Smashboards.com is a pun of smash and boards duh huh like the chessboard duh huh let's combine my favourite games Advance Wars with smash on the chess board duh huh why wasn't Andy in the game cryyyyyy"

ANYWAYS tier list debates are silly. I would think that everyone understands what they're about. SBR is better then us and we should listen to them.

As for the other fighting games, from my knowledge 'counters' to characters in those games are far less common. Mainly because there are other factors to SSB than zoning and projectiles - namely recovery, weight, and fall speed.

From memory if you took out projectiles from the game Honda would absolutely wreck the rest of the entire crew, and that's about it. In SF3 the game has been perfected to the point that nobody listens to tier lists anymore. SF4 is more about playstyle pros and cons than raw data advantages.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
lol didnt read the other posts but a lot of the mid low tier info is based on how well they do against the top tier,
if you remove the top tier, it could change middle and low a bit

also imo snake is arguably the best character in the game, sure he's got bad matchups unlike mk (no devastating matchups though) but I feel snake has much more potential than mk, he's alot harder to master but maybe in a few more years of metagame development he could come out on top.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
S.D - I blame tiredness! xD

Honestly, you make good points, and I'd have to say I pretty much agree with you on all of that. What I was saying didn't really include the perception of the tier list (I was mainly making points about what the tier list is), so it's natural you would see those flaws (and me try and refute them in my blinded tired state. xP)

unreon - I don't think anyone is questioning the SBR. Also, I know tier arguments are silly, but it's nice to be able to discuss/argue/whatever them for once with people who don't have stupid/ridiculous ideas about them, you know? :p

luke - Well of course if you remove any given character's worst matchups, he'll have a different place on the tier list. >.> (sorry)

But seriously, low tier characters are also based on matchups with other low tier characters, just like higher-tier characters are based on matchups with both higher- and lower-tier characters. Every character is placed on the tier list based on (among other things) their matchups with every character; the tier creation process itself doesn't inherently skew the list (though as I said earlier, there are forces that can indirectly skew the list).

About the Snake statement, honestly, I feel the same way about Ice Climbers. They appear to have a lot of future potential. But as of right now, neither are actually the best character in the game. I don't really know what that has to do with the tier list (probably nothing, it doesn't sound like you're talking about tier lists there at all, though just in case...), but tier lists don't include future potential. :/

Yay main bias. x3

Toby.

Smash Master
also imo Pokemon Trainer is arguably the best character in the game, sure he's got bad matchups unlike mk (and lots of devastating ones as well!) but I feel Pokemon Trainer has much more potential than mk, he's alot harder to master but maybe in a few more years of metagame development Toby could come out on top.
Hm, this man makes an intelligent and compelling argument. I'm inclined to agree.

F_T_S

Smash Journeyman
i expect there is gonna be quite big changes to the middle of the tier list next time they do tier rankings...DK started out on top of mid (or high....cant remember).......hes falling down like a rock

He is one of the least played characters in the game...his representation is appalling

isthattim?

Smash Ace
i expect there is gonna be quite big changes to the middle of the tier list next time they do tier rankings...DK started out on top of mid....hes falling down like a rock
is that cos people learned to mash out of his stage spike throw?
imo bowser is gonna skyrocket as soon as i start goin to tourneys, because every other bowser is a functional ******

F_T_S

Smash Journeyman
MTR is our captain

and no its not because of the cargo stage spike (ive actually done this like twice in my DK carrer)

its mainly because he has hardly any people dedicated to the forum....his metagame has not evolved....the greatest thing to come out of the DK boards in a while is some DK upB glitch....even the few DK mains have all accepted that hes gonna fall even harder than he already has

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
I'm Hunter's captain.

And don't worry, Tim, I'll find some other easily spammable move to replace tornado if need be. :3

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
oh captain my captain!
and its not so much snakes matchups but like I said if you get the stage control and pressuring and stuff right and use your brain (something I have trouble with it seems) he can come out on top, I think the matchup with him and mk is like 55:45 or 50:50 or something last time I checked.

anyways crews are awesome cant wait.

SS Ben

Smash Apprentice
tim you can contact me on msn if you need to discuss details or whatever with someone from my crew

Isorropia

Smash Apprentice
Ok. Let's sort this out. Only 4 really confirmed crews...lets make another.

I hereby vote myself captain of the crew thus far consisting of:

Myself (Isorropia)
Enigmalik
Fake Scar (ILAG)

Fourth member pending whether Aqua wants to get into the scene, whether Fakeman is in for it, or whether Defiled will accept this invitation to join.

Defiled

Smash Apprentice

Myself (Isorropia)
Enigmalik
Fake Scar (ILAG)

Fourth member pending whether Aqua wants to get into the scene, whether Fakeman is in for it, or whether Defiled will accept this invitation to join.
Sorry.

10declines

I LAG

Smash Lord

Myself (Isorropia)
Enigmalik
Fake Scar (ILAG)

YAY I'M FINALLY IN A CREW.
iso will you accept the crew name of "we got stuck with fake scar" or "scarstruck" or any others people can think of

i personally like my old team name "test eagles"

tkls

Smash Apprentice
nicely said bjay.
ill be gong captain, because the other gong people havent been around much

Aqua`

Smash Apprentice
i might. am less busy in winter, however id hate to let that awesome sounding crew down...
im am a very inexperienced player, ive never played offline competitively.
need... to go to teds next one...

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
**** yeah meet at Blacktown. I would so go to that ****, even if it is FakeScar hosting it.

Practically within walking distance. <3

Aqua, quick, agree. :3

S.D

Smash Master
Few crews simply missing 1 person.

Just sign them up with "ring in" as their 4th.

That would at least make 6 with Gong + Iso/Mike/ILAG

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
needs moar crews.
cmon guys, we have heaps of players, only 4 crews?
you would think people would jump at the idea, team t-shirts anyone?
we should get some made imo

planetstereo

Smash Ace
nicely said bjay.
ill be gong captain, because the other gong people havent been around much
EXCUSE ME, But tbh i think that you being el capitain at Dont Come and not doing much about it, as well as the fact that i have been more than a match for activity in organizing this crew more than qualifies me as frontrunner for captain of this crew, the fact that you got on and said something first is but formality (you can be my vice if you want:))
stereo says Amen

PS Shaya seems to be a no show for our crew tim so i think you better just leave us as three and we will find another on the day...

Defiled

Smash Apprentice
EXCUSE ME, But tbh i think that you being el capitain at Dont Come and not doing much about it, as well as the fact that i have been more than a match for activity in organizing this crew more than qualifies me as frontrunner for captain of this crew, the fact that you got on and said something first is but formality (you can be my vice if you want:))
stereo says Amen
I vote Jamus as Gongs captain :D

tkls

Smash Apprentice
nah, if stereo is around, he can be captain. just havent seen you around much lately.

isthattim?

Smash Ace
I'm taking the 6 crews in quotes as being registered. The gong and San Dimas High School football rulz will sort out their final membership on the day
I may or may not accept new crews on the day
I will if you express some sort of interest
I will not if i don't hear from anyone in the crew by next sunday
If you're even considering starting a crew inform me by then
Box for emphasis

Top Bottom