• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Let's talk.

yes it's possible to tech the counter. They could also move back towards the stage a little more so you couldn't though. But then you may be able to sweet spot. Ohhhh....and it becomes a mindgame...

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Oh yeah, another thing I see way too often that Fox players do concerning recovering:

Up b'ing close to the stage. It's a really dumb habit I see pretty often. It's just shouting "HEY, COME HERE AND HIT ME. I WANT TO DIE!" People should be more conscious of where they are starting their up b. This also works against certain Marth styles (particularly Mew2King or my style against Foxes with Marth, I think they're somewhat similar since M2K steals all my shnoz :chuckle:) After being tap a'd/countered/what have you, most Foxes will up b as soon as they can, but it's usually much smarter and safer to (I've seen KDJ do this: ) shine first, wait to see what the Marth does, then drop down and up b spaced so that Marth cannot reach you without endangering his own recovery. It will save your stocks, and that's a good idea, no? The shine is fairly optional, but it really throws the Marth off sometimes.
Cort in the Fox boards = beasting.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I actually don't like illusioning because it seems like every time I do...I die. And if I do illusion I like to shine first then JC into an illusion. Sweetspotting the edge with it is easy but it seems like everyone I play with can just edgehog or hit me out of it really easily.

Unless they can't get there in time to punish my illusion I like to firefox. I especially like to aim for the edges of platforms to try and slip off with an instant bair.

Another reason I like dropping close to the stage(well mainly on FD) is because it is really easy to trace the edge no matter how close you are to the top. I can usually make a marth mis-time an attack because they thought I would reach the edge sooner. And if they do hit I can usually tech.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
What's weaving???!!!

Is it that thing were you just stand in the same place doing rshdl? or is that thing you were trying to tell us that's really hard etc what is it? (I have to do it or know if I already know it!)

Cort

Apple Head
You can grab people as they "bounce" from falling over from the shine. It's pretty hard to time correctly, but it's possible.

You need some pretty good wavedashing skills, also.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
It's easier against those who don't fall from the shine and it looks kinda cool too

Oskurito

Smash Lord
are you kidding? **** i have to try this.
lol forgot to put the word "don't fall" sorry... my english is sucking right now.

You have to run to get some kind of momentum that makes you slide a little after the shine

Cort

Apple Head
I would guess Peach, but I don't really know anything about teams.

That or another really good Fox (I only suggest this if both players are very very good and are a good team)

Or Isai?

D

Deleted member

Oh yeah, another thing I see way too often that Fox players do concerning recovering:

Up b'ing close to the stage. It's a really dumb habit I see pretty often. It's just shouting "HEY, COME HERE AND HIT ME. I WANT TO DIE!" People should be more conscious of where they are starting their up b. This also works against certain Marth styles (particularly Mew2King or my style against Foxes with Marth, I think they're somewhat similar since M2K steals all my shnoz :chuckle:) After being tap a'd/countered/what have you, most Foxes will up b as soon as they can, but it's usually much smarter and safer to (I've seen KDJ do this: ) shine first, wait to see what the Marth does, then drop down and up b spaced so that Marth cannot reach you without endangering his own recovery. It will save your stocks, and that's a good idea, no? The shine is fairly optional, but it really throws the Marth off sometimes.
it is a good idea, but to be fair, fox should always understand that he's screwed. after I a tap fox w/ marth, I wait for the up B. If I can counter it guaranteed, I do that. If not, I WD off the edge and over B him twice and sweetspot and he dies pretty reliably.

I do this with fox too, I stall w/ the edgehog or possibly shine and wait for an easy jump 2nd shine or bair.

I also like to turn around in shine and 2nd jump bair to hit people under battlefield. Cause it's funny.

D

Deleted member

falco and marth are both kinda subpar in teams compared to their singles play. Fox/peach is the best team IMO. Any combination of fox sheik or peach is a good team.

The best teams characters can defend really well, have moves that stay out, and quick throw combos. Marth has a lot more trouble in 2 vs 1 than the others.

Azen's marth is an exception.

Falcon makes honorable mention for teams awesomeness.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
I've teamed w/ sheik, marth, fox, and falco, all w/ somewhat success. Stadium is a good stage for fox teams.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
im pretty good at 2 on 1s myself with marth, i made two 2 vs 1 comebacks at SCC with marth and that's hard to do since he's primarily a 1 on 1 character

mow the forward Bing them down is often a bad idea cuz fox can shinespike marth in between Forward Bs. Falco cannot.

Brookman

Smash Hero
lol forgot to put the word "don't fall" sorry... my english is sucking right now.

You have to run to get some kind of momentum that makes you slide a little after the shine
I did it from a stationary shine, or maybe a drill shine. Either way, if I were going shine a fox after a drill, and then wavedash out with a follow up it would be an up smash.

mow the forward Bing them down is often a bad idea cuz fox can shinespike marth in between Forward Bs. Falco cannot.
I've never been able to shine spike cort when he does this. Spacing for the lose I guess?

Also, an interesting, but somewhat useless trick: During fox's up b charge animation you will not lose your second jump. So, if you are thrown off the stage, and just up b, then get your up b interrupted before the attack part you can just double jump, thoguh I've never really found a use for this.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
he's not talking about that. He's talking about using it to escape chainthrows...

Vs. Marth don't d.i + shine at 27%. Vs. Peach...can't escape it i think..

Cort: Yep, they **** our scene hard. I underestimated them as a team a few short weeks ago, and they beat me and my partner in doubles.

ThatGuy: For the record, when they came to the Starfury tournament a few weeks ago, they beat us and alot of other teams without using fox/falco. They actually played mostly Fox/Fox and fox (bam)/Sheik (vwins).

SCOTU

Smash Hero
The shine can only be used to break out of fake chaingrabs. can't be used to break out of marth's, peach's , etc...

Top Bottom