• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Let's talk.

Aldwyn McCloud

Smash Ace
Wouldn't jabbing doc be pretty useless? As well as misspaced nairs?

lul crouch canceling?
agreed. ANA, jabs and all the stuff will only work as long as Doc's in the air. In the air Doc is quite predictable and punishble with a lot of stuff, the problem is mostly when he's on the ground, expecially if using CC. In order to counter CC I usually use full jump + Dairs, Uairs (only at mid % though) sometimes alternating double jumps. Shffls don't work that much, expecially because the Doc I usually play knows my timings and can manage to hit me with a simple Dsmash when I try any kind of shffl. Using full jumps/double jumps makes him miss quite often his Dsmash, and at this point he is forced to get in the air in order to stop me (mostly trying to Uair/Nair my aerials). Now we're back at the beginning: Doc's in the air and it's easy to ****, just watch out not to get caught in his Uair/Nair. Also unless I'm pillaring his shield, shine doesn't seem to be a valid option against Doc: I hardly ever hit him and even if I do I never manage to combo Doc after hit.

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
To campy Foxes:

What do you do on smaller stages such as Battlefield?

Where do you go to camp on stages like Rainbow Cruise or Pokefloats?

When they chase you do you jump at them and nair or run/roll/jump away? Illusion away?

Basically, I don't know what to look for when I'm camping, please teach me.

lain

Smash Master
i have trouble spacing and in general thinking correctly whenever i camp. T_T

but wait, can you REALLY dsmash peach out of her up+B? that sounds ridiculous.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
On battlefield, you've got platforms that you can maneuver like no other character to cross the stage and stay away. Rainbow Cruise/ Pokefloats are actually really easy stages to camp. Just stay ahead of them, and shoot lasers.

@lain: hell, you can shine her out of it. It's just ridiculous to do.

lain

Smash Master
but... you can? if so what's the general "timing" or spacing i should be looking at here?

shining her out of it sounds HAX

takieddine

Smash Master
Can you guy's take a look at my fox and tell me how it is and what my strong/weak points are?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eS6HAMiq0S0
You were getting shieldgrabbed and dsmashed a lot. you should make your approach less predictable. You didnt use the platforms too much.

Other than that, you had some nice lasers going, you should mix them up with full hop lasers, and even double hop lasers or platform lasers

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Brawlpro, you missed pretty many techs in that video. You seem to have some pretty good technical skill but this would be something pretty basic to work on.

For some reason with "Brawlpro" as your name I expected you to be a lot worse at Melee than you were...

Brookman

Smash Hero
You sidestep SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much, I'll **** you.

Also, you had a lot of momentum early on, and you were using lasers to bait approaches well (whether you noticed or not) I think what happened though, was the marth player started wising up and you couldn't really answer his change in strategy. If you pay attention, you get a lot more aggressive the farther you go into the match. ALSO, major issue was your positioning. Often times you would give up a solid position to get above marth, where all his priority lies.

Marth players will almost always try to break out of combos with a fair. BAIT THIS.

Also, in tournament, I would forgo the more technical option of drill/waveshining against the wall (not me personally, cause I'm confident) for a simple grab combo.

more up smash.

more nair into up smash.

more shine into up smash.

We'd have to play for me to get a good solid grasp.

Who played me @ pound 3 in fox dittos?

I haven't actually played this game in a while, so I'm gonna suck if I go to MA this weekend :laugh:

Oskurito

Smash Lord
What platform stuff?
Well...if you know how to isai drop and waveland you can basicaly do anything of that stuff. (that's because you always tell me that you can do everything...)

I personally like to use jump>shine>jump>neutral/forward/backward waveland>drop>laser or aerial; also, I usualy turn around on the shine for show off.
EDIT: and drop with reverse laser =P

Brookman

Smash Hero
I personally like to use jump>shine>jump>neutral/forward/backward waveland>drop>laser or aerial; also, I usualy turn around on the shine for show off.
EDIT: and drop with reverse laser =P
That's when I would up smash you.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
That's when I would up smash you.
the jump shine jump waveland thing is for comboing >_> and adding a drop is for show-off You'll have to play me and see if you can up smash me that way... sadly, that'll probably never happen.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Peach and Marth are both *****-hard to edge-guard. The only redeeming point in this matter is that once you learn to efficiently guard one of them, you indirectly learn to guard the other. Its all a matter of using your shield+shine when they miss sweetspots, and spamming ledge-hops for invin. frames when they don't.

Easier said than done.

Brookman

Smash Hero
Peach and Marth are both *****-hard to edge-guard. The only redeeming point in this matter is that once you learn to efficiently guard one of them, you indirectly learn to guard the other. Its all a matter of using your shield+shine when they miss sweetspots, and spamming ledge-hops for invin. frames when they don't.

Easier said than done.
as far as marth goes:
You don't rely on them simply messing up, you want to force (bait) them to up be early so you can shine them, or take their double jump. Once you take their double jump they'll start double jumping with attacks and there you can punish them again.

If they start dropping low edge hog

if they stall with forward b, shine spike

Back air is your friend.

edge hopped dair is your friend.

dair on the edge is pretty good vs. marth too.

use your up b against his (diagonal sweet spot off the stage)

there's lots more that I'm sure you could think of. There isn't a single method to edge guarding, there kind of is but its more like an art form.

Brookman

Smash Hero
unless it's a part of a persons main strategy it becomes a second thought, and people get caught up trying to combo and nair and ****.

Brookman

Smash Hero
thaaaaaaaaat or, the opponent is just way too good and doesnt give you space enough to laser.

baiting out a baiters bait by feinting into their bait is pro.

L__

Smash Master
this is true

Are there any tricks that you have for keeping calm under pressure in tournament? :/ That's probably one of my biggest flaws.

Top Bottom