• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Let's talk.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Shyne: I just realized that by air-recovery you meant mashing left and right to balance yourself. I'm not sure what I thought you meant, but I must have misunderstood your post.

Mah baad.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
air tech>shine is strictly worse than shine. you can directly shine out of tumble, so there's no point in air teching first for something like a CG.

Cort

Apple Head
I always think of Silent Wolf when I see that ad.

Anyway, how about that sort-of new Fox edge hog?

Run -> shine near edge -> turn around -> jump cancel into instant edge hog.

It's pretty good. And sort of hard.

But needlessly hard and flashy when there are so many much easier barely slower methods.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
how about run shine turn around, either shff or reverse waveshine? pretty fast. Sometimes, i'll run off, shine turn around in a shinespikeing fashion, then jump out, waveland onto the edge. it's more fun to do.

Cort

Apple Head
Yep, PC's edge hog is also very awesome.

I just decided to mention this new one because I've never seen people do it before (atleast, on purpose) and it's not too hard to practice.

Cort

Apple Head
Fox can do the moonwalks?

I'd like to see a video. I can't really imagine what you're trying to say.

Cort

Apple Head
Well, I doubt Fox gets any distance with his moonwalk (without a bunny hood)

So I wouldn't consider it a moonwalk.

Goldkirby

Smash Ace
I always think of Silent Wolf when I see that ad.

Anyway, how about that sort-of new Fox edge hog?

Run -> shine near edge -> turn around -> jump cancel into instant edge hog.

It's pretty good. And sort of hard.

But needlessly hard and flashy when there are so many much easier barely slower methods.
speaking of that, I thought this was kinda funny:

Yes, Fox can moonwalk.
If you have the momentum of walking towards the ledge at full speed, you have more than enough to make it onto the ledge, or to FF past the ledge and jump bair or w/e.
Mario can even do this. Marth too. Everyone basically.
They're very noticeable too.

Wilhelmsan

Smash Lord
run toward the edge and turn around at the right time. during fox's slow turnaround his momentum will carry him off the edge and he'll grab it. might even be a little room for FF. talk about uber-simple, but really slick at the same time.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
what sort of situations is the ledgehop nair better than the ledgehop dair? for that matter shine turn around bair as well.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
*bumped*

This thread provided a great avenue for random Fox discussion. Sort of like the 'greatest thread ever' thing that G-reg made for the Falcon thread.

My apologies if none of you feel the same way.

Commence with the talking now kthx. :)

Brookman

Smash Hero
The front of nair has a lot more priority than the back, I believe. As far as down air for edge guarding, it's hard to say. You can dair through marth's up be if it's at the very end of the attack, and probably a lot of other characters as well, since dair has a lot of priority. I think back air is the best vs. fox/falco since it has more range than nair and up b can sometimes hit through the nair and can allow fox/falco to recover.

back air > falcon/ganon.

Also, I hate messing up waveshines, it's one thing to not wavedash out, or just to jump or something...but I really hate when I slightly mistime the wavedash, get a really dinky one, then mess up my dash grab because my wavedash was off...maybe I should stop trying to wavedash so far all the time xD

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Also, I hate messing up waveshines, it's one thing to not wavedash out, or just to jump or something...but I really hate when I slightly mistime the wavedash, get a really dinky one, then mess up my dash grab because my wavedash was off...maybe I should stop trying to wavedash so far all the time xD
neutral waving(WD'ing in place) into dash >JC grab works on some right? I mean of course waveshine is better but it just popped in my head.

yay like my first post in fox boards since forever

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Its because I brought this thread back to life. Isn't it? Isn't it!?

About the WDing down thing, I wouldn't try it. Say you're facing off against a Peach...WDing down could cost you something like 50%-a stock if you fumble the grab.

Brookman

Smash Hero
Speaking of wavedashing in place... That's my favorite technique.

**** wavedashing backwards..

Its because I brought this thread back to life. Isn't it? Isn't it!?

About the WDing down thing, I wouldn't try it. Say you're facing off against a Peach...WDing down could cost you something like 50%-a stock if you fumble the grab.
I know Helios was doing that back when I met him at gauntlet, but I don't really know which characters it works against.

I would definitely wavedash forward vs peach.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
lol. I hate messing up waveshines too. But don't give up! and keep practicing, that's what I told to my self. But you should be able to do one after an aerial at least, if not a lot of em.

Also, Im trying to incorporate turnaround waveshining into my game, for a quick edgehog after several waveshines and for more sexyness

technomancer

Smash Champion
Speaking of peach, downsmash is the bane of me. No matter what it always seems to just barely get me then I get edgeguarded to death with all characters. Occasionally CCing one when trying to shine is horrible too.

Advice? I mean, how do you modify your playstyle vs. Peach?

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
Speaking of peach, downsmash is the bane of me. No matter what it always seems to just barely get me then I get edgeguarded to death with all characters. Occasionally CCing one when trying to shine is horrible too.

Advice? I mean, how do you modify your playstyle vs. Peach?
i don't understand why people don't learn to ****en read back less than three pages and see what others posted.

USE THE SEARCH BUTTON.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
i don't understand why people don't learn to ****en read back less than three pages and see what others posted.

USE THE SEARCH BUTTON.
Whoa dude, chill out. Some people don't have enough time to look up on something they could soon or later figure it out by their selves.

Besides, i'm sure he was just joking, spaming, or simply wanted to start a friendly discussion

Ryan-K

Smash Master
bair alot too

and always walljump tech the dsmash when ledgeteching it cuz from my experience a regular ledgetech gets u ***** anyway lol silly peach

Top Bottom