• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Let's talk.

D

Deleted member

To be honest Hylian, I don't think they know for sure. I think it's possible either way, but I've never tried it out.
If samus doesn't CC, shine WD upsmash always works, but if she CCs the shine, she can downsmash REALLY fast, almost immediately after your WD, and way before your upsmash.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
My fingers are usually moving blindingly fast. Especially when I'm facing a top player...and its a tourny match. Alot of times I miss crucial things like that.

Kenny10 said:
So if Samus CC, wavedash back then run in for usmash or grab?
I think it would be better to jump out of the shine and land on the Samus with another drill or uair.

Shök

Smash Champion
i notice that when people are on their last stcok, they play their best.

Shök

Smash Champion
iam trying to figure out what is the best way to drillshine, either to use X or Y, then C-stick, l-cancel then shine. so what do you think, whats the best way to drillshine?

Oskurito

Smash Lord
iam trying to figure out what is the best way to drillshine, either to use X or Y, then C-stick, l-cancel then shine. so what do you think, whats the best way to drillshine?

I use X and the C-stick to drillshine

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Its preference. Drillshining is not a big thing. You pick a jump button and do it. Theres no difference if you master it with that specific jump button.

kenny10

Smash Journeyman
I thought we weren't going to make any more spam. Ohwell.

@RaynEX: If you jump and come down with a dair or uair, Samus is just going to CC again and this time sort of mindgame you into making you think they're going to dsmash again.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
lol. how do you know every Samus would do that?

It depends on their playstyle, and if they even notice your attack coming. You can't generalize all Samus styles, different players will react differently.

D

Deleted member

some more random stuff because I'm bored.

you can drillshine link on flatland without a WD indefinitely, but it's REALLY hard.

shine > bair works both on ground and in the air, but the methods to do them are completely different.

if you shine a char at the very edge, even if they hold towards the stage, they won't grab it.

aerial drill doesn't combo to anything.

if you downthrow someone at the edge, they can wall jump tech it or hold towards the stage and tech it. so after you downthrow, shine if they wall jump tech, then WD in towards the stage out of shine and upsmash. You'll get any opponent 90% of the time. m2k does downthrow shine but not WD upsmash for ppl who DI into the stage.

fox can shine falco directly out of his dair, really surprises people.

fox's dtilt out-ranges sheik's ftilt by an extremely minuscule amount.

using only shines to fight ICs is actually not a bad idea.

fox's dsmash can always hit peach's up B no matter how perfect she is with it. Same with marth's fsmash on any of fox's recoveries from below.

you can shine marth out of his CG @ exactly 27% if he doesn't pivot grab.

shine shine WD repeat is a flatland infinite on luigi, but it's nearly impossible to do.

shine WD repeat can infinite fox/falco in the air not on ground but they have to DI into you and it's also nearly impossible.

upthrow upair doesn't work on DK mario doc luigi or samus

drill grab upthrow to anything > G&W.

jab, when canceled to shine is really good.

meh, bored, more later.

Brookman

Smash Hero
My fingers are usually moving blindingly fast. Especially when I'm facing a top player...and its a tourny match. Alot of times I miss crucial things like that.

I think it would be better to jump out of the shine and land on the Samus with another drill or uair.
S L O W D O W N .

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Brookman: Will do. ;)

Kenny10
Kenny10 said:
@RaynEX: If you jump and come down with a dair or uair, Samus is just going to CC again and this time sort of mindgame you into making you think they're going to dsmash again.
What are you even talking about? Mindgame you how? By NOT dsmashing? That would work in your favour actually. The only mindgame that could possible work would be to upB instead of dsmashing...

but what non-pro Samus would do that?

kenny10

Smash Journeyman
I mean by you will think Samus is going to Dsmash again so again, you jump or wavedash back and this time, Samus won't be caught in the lag of her Dsmash. It was just an idea. Nothing to get so worked up about.

Brookman

Smash Hero
Hey guys, keep hypothetic situations to yourself, when you're actually playing. Samus will just wavedash back F smash/tilt or down smash you as you approach. Like shffling up airs against peach, I'm sure there is a situation where doing so would be beneficial, so go try whatever the hell you're arguing about in a match vs a decent samus player and see what happens.

Goldkirby

Smash Ace
You mean you can shine marth out of his CG at any percentage below 27% because I've done it at 0%
I'm not 100% on this but I think Marth can't chaingrab fox from 0% I forget the exact value when Marth can start the chain grab but it is something around 4-5% before he can start a chaingrab that a fox can't get out of. I think a lot of marths will start with a f-throw, tech chase, then chaingrab.

kenny10

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, keep hypothetic situations to yourself, when you're actually playing. Samus will just wavedash back F smash/tilt or down smash you as you approach. Like shffling up airs against peach, I'm sure there is a situation where doing so would be beneficial, so go try whatever the hell you're arguing about in a match vs a decent samus player and see what happens.
Sry Brookman. Just an idea. I'll go test it.

Gold Kirby, the Marth I play CGs me at 0%. I already knew about the 27% shine thing but my friend counters it by utilting.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
I'm not 100% on this but I think Marth can't chaingrab fox from 0% I forget the exact value when Marth can start the chain grab but it is something around 4-5% before he can start a chaingrab that a fox can't get out of. I think a lot of marths will start with a f-throw, tech chase, then chaingrab.
Well, the chaingrab on the Fox does basically start at 0%. If you get a f-throw at 0, you can regrab right away (you don't need to tech chase). I think you can do one more quick f-throw, then start up throwing. What I've seen some Marth players do and what I do myself is do a quick b-throw after the f-throw (so they won't tech it), reverse down tilt immediatley, then regrab. But nowadays, good space animal players tend to tech the b-throw at the low %.

edit:

yay, 45 thousandth post

Cort

Apple Head
cort i hate you for ****** me in friendlies with your marth.
Were you Mike Y's friend, the Fox player?

You can't regrab Fox with Marth after utilting at 27%... It starts around 31%.

Speaking of all this CG talk, how does Fox get out of the utilt, exactly? No DI after 31% and then DI the utilt behind Marth? I forget.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
The hell? You will either get grabbed or Utilted if you Dtilt if you DI behind Marth.....

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Best way to cg a fox is with f-throw and tech chase, maybe an f-smash if the fox is close to the edge. And u-throw doesn't do a **** to me now, I can get out of at very low % but tech chase does the job.

If you di to his back after being utilted why he wont just turn around and utilt you again? that wont happen if you are at pretty low % but still...

Top Bottom