• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Left 4 Dead Series (New DLC planned!)

Charizard92

Smash Champion
sucks that the original survivors are NPCs, but it is good to see the original cast again (and give me a reason to pick up the original again [hopefully with L4D2's better Hunting rifle])

aldredheron

Smash Rookie
Oddly enough L4D hasn't crashed on me [knock on wood]. I had some artifacting problems but that was because of overheating and other than that it runs clean as a whistle.

To me the scariest moments are the ones where your team gets separated...

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Especially when you haven't seen any special infected for a while...

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Oh man, not sure how to feel about this. The tagline for 'The Passing' came out. "Nobody Survives Forever"

One of the L4D1 survivors...wont.

While the original survivor’s death will be readily apparent in the Left 4 Dead 2 DLC, the Left 4 Dead 1 downloadable content will have players working through the events leading up to the death, which will require someone on your four-player team make the ultimate sacrifice.

The comic released between the two sets of DLC will feature an idealised version of the events, while player choice figures into how it all plays out in the game proper.
There's an interview with one of the Valve guys talking about it here. I'm checking it out now.

http://www.gametrailers.com/episode/gametrailers-tv/88?ch=1&sd=1_hd

EDIT: Ooh, there's a Witch in a bridal dress with tiara

Handorin

Smash Hero
There has been a lot of speculation on Bill dying. =/
Apparently his VA isn't coming back.

EDIT: That witch looks scary @_@

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
Awesome, we need this thread to become more active... Anyone wanna plan a L4D Smashboards versus mode game day? I am talking L4D1, I don't own 2 yet cause I am lazy and low on money XD

Handorin

Smash Hero
About time, it has been about a month since they said it would be out.

Now how much does it cost?
Free, if you have the superior way of playing any FPS.
Not free is you rely on that other thing.

You guys should download Badwater Basin for this as well (if you are into tf2).

Black Waltz

Smash Champion

You guys should download Badwater Basin for this as well (if you are into tf2).
Wait there's a Badwater map for L4D? That sounds interesting.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Umm, well, I tried the superior method (PC), but somehow the game wasn't working, so I ended up having to get it on the xbox instead. :(

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
360 version is out on Thurs, assumed PC will be about the same time. The new Mutations mode sounds awesome, gives you weekly, non-permanent gamemodes such as VS Realism, Chainsaw Massacre(only weapon is unlimmited gas chainsaws) ect.

4% APR

Smash Champion
Badwater is pretty sick. Getting 8 guys and doing it on vs would be awesome. make it happen

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Actually, this is Valve playing with our heads. Games Radar also wrote up on this, but had two different posters, one missing Louis (the most predictable sacrifice) and one missing Zoey (the least predictable).

either that, or the 3 original survivors are random.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OSZTI4W8xts&hl=en_GB&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OSZTI4W8xts&hl=en_GB&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Was great, and the finale was certainly a challenging one. Sad to see you-know-who go, was rather a shock to find
his body right around the corner of the lift. One of the bots ran up and grabbed his gun. Just wanted to slap him for disrespect. That was Bill, man. Bill.

[collapse=Oh yeah, anyone else spot this?]
[/collapse]

Handorin

Smash Hero
Yea, they have references everywhere.
Right under that, you can see a Dawn of the Dead reference.

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
BIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLL ;____________;
I guess...not even peels..could save
him

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Annoyingly enough, even Defib's don't work on their corpse :c

Haven't tried vs mode yet, but wonder if the old ones can be attacked by special infected.

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
Ya, vs mode on The Passing sounds fun, but wouldn't it be haxx if they did appear near the bridge? I mean, it's basically a safe place near the entrance of the bridge

Thino

Smash Master
what reference is the bus going wild suddenly ? cuz IIRC infected in L4D dont drive Buses I was like WTF :lol: when I saw that , also lol at the witch wedding and lol at 2 tanks spawning at the same time in the finale

Francis quotes are epic btw \Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2\left4dead2_dlc1\sound\player\survivor\voice\biker for those who have it on Steam

Top Bottom