• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Least Favorite Neutral Stage

Velox

Smash Ace
I saw this in the Brawl section and thought the idea would be cool with a real game, and as far as I know, it's not really been talked about before.

Now, clearly I'm not leet enough to get polling abilities, so It'll just have to be "fun" and qualitative (unless someone wants to count them).

So what's your least favorite random stage (between FoD, FD, PS, BF, DL64, YS)?

I'll start, FoD. (although the music is good..)

Don't post without a stage.. And there's no safe answers. None of this, "well.. with Peach I like DL64, but with Falco.. (etc)" crap. Nobody wants facts, we want opinions. It's just a stage in general, singles, doubles, it doesn't matter.

mostwins

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4742-8002-0115
DL64, ughh that stage is annoying as a Marth main.

Ill run a tally

Fountain of Dreams: 1
Final Destination: 0
Pokemon Stadium: 0
Battlefield: 0
Dream Land 64: 1
Yoshi's Story: 0

tubes

Smash Ace
I think all the neutral stages are kinda boring but I'm playing melee so even a boring stage is ****ing fun. The one I like the least would probably be Dream Land 64 just because nothing about it is particularily interesting. My favorite neutrals would have to be FD because at least its big and FoD because music.

Personally though my favorite stage would have to be Hyrule Temple. Its like everything I like in a melee stage minus what I don't like. You can even hold R for music that's almost as good as FoD. Well almost almost.

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
I like how all the neutrals have amazing music. FoD has the best music, but I really don't like the design on the top of the stage. But I hate battlefield's edges more, so I'll have to go with that as my least favorite. Pokemon Stadium is my favorite, but YS is my best as a marth main.

halcyon.days

Smash Journeyman
QFT. Screw Battlefield. I've lost sooo many stocks because of that stupid ledge, especially trying to sweetspot with Samus' grab and Jiggs'... anything.
Agreed. I used to hate FoD but now I love it. Battlefield is definitely the worst neutral. Even when I use Marth I still hate it.

Bobbery

Smash Apprentice
For some reason I always feel claustrophobic on battlefield.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
Bah. I LOVE Battlefield. I don't care about claustrophobia. I know my opponent's feeling it and that's what matters. I can use that to pressure him into making a mistake that leads to an easy gimp. That's why I love Battlefield: it's a gimpfest.

Stage I hate the most would have to be Dreamland or Yoshi's Story. I don't like Dreamland as a Marth main for obvious reasons, but Yoshi's Story I could just never get used to. It's supposed to be Marth's best stage but I'm just not a huge fan.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Even though it's hard for my characters to kill on Dreamland, it's my absolute favorite stage mainly because it's so open and stuff.

Call me a nub, but I hate the battlefield edge. =(

Plus, the stage is just plain ugly. Has anyone taken the time to just look at the background?

Red the Ghost

Smash Ace
FoD and Pokémon Stadium are my favorites of the neutral ones.
I would probably say FD... y'know, for being a cliché xD
and having no platforms.
except the stage is good for Doc.
so I don't completely detest it.

Zjiin

Smash Master
I really don't personally consider FoD a neutral, even though i know it's a commonly used one, but the one I absolutely hate is Battlefield.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
The ledges aren't that bad! Just learn to recover z_z;;

EDIT: Actually, it's not that. I just have a lot more fun watching when people screw up on those ledges.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
The ledges aren't that bad! Just learn to recover z_z;;

EDIT: Actually, it's not that. I just have a lot more fun watching when people screw up on those ledges.
Well the glitchy edges aren't really the problem, it's that Fox can't up-B into the stage to sweetspot the edge, meaning he's retardedly easy to edgeguard on that stage. The glitchy edges are annoying too though.

Nizro

Smash Journeyman
Hate hate hate hate hate and yet again, HATE Fountain of Dreams...

Stupid platforms ****ing me up all the time.. and it's so small and you die so easy to the side..

I have no direct problem with any other stage.. I find Battlefield a little dull though, and FD a little repetive BUT, I just love them anyways :)

Velox

Smash Ace
I have no direct problem with any other stage.. I find Battlefield a little dull though, and FD a little repetive BUT, I just love them anyways :)
damn straight you love them, it's either that or platforms that **** you up, wind that ****s you up, or transformations.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Fountain of Fin dreams. I don't practice it at home (its not on my random) and I've banned it in pretty much every set I've played in the past year. You can't dislike a neutral more than that. :)

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Whenever I play Falcons in tournaments, I always tell them to ban a stage other than FoD, because it's such a BS move that every Falcon has to ban this stage. They don't even get a valid cp because of FoD.

So I just say either I will ban it, or we just agree to not play on that stage.

Although SS is a beast on that stage.

Velox

Smash Ace
Gabe's a monster with Falcon on FoD as well. Just because platforms can mess up combos isn't everything, the weird platforms open up a lot of weird stuff for Falcon as well, lots of unexpected knees can happen.

EWC

Smash Ace
I used to hate FoD because the platforms screwed me up. Then I learned to move around properly on them, and now I love it because the platforms screw other people up.

mostwins

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4742-8002-0115
Here's my tally (I didn't count people who posted more than one, this is your least favorite stage not stages)

Fountain of Dreams: 4
Final Destination: 1
Pokemon Stadium: 2
Battlefield: 13
Dream Land 64: 3
Yoshi's Story: 0

Wow, there is a lot of Battlefield hate. Yoshi's Story gets the most love, and for obvious reasons that stage is awesome.

Top Bottom