• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

League of Legends

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I never played DotA
but, LoL is meant to be of the same genre,
and it's free to play.

And because I have a computer that can actually PLAY video games now, I've been playing this a lot.

Anyone else play?
I generally use Nasus. Cycle of life and death etc voice that reminds me of Morpheus from The Matrix.

www.leagueoflegends.com

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
I gave it a shot after HoN went retail, but I dunno I just didnt like it as much, it was hard to define what was happening and stuff, maybe thats just me. Plus everyone moves in very unnatural ways :/

Pete278

Smash Lord
I prefer it to HoN, since the community is (generally) not a bunch of giant *******s, the games are more based around actually fighting rather than competitive creep fighter, and the characters have alot more personality. Also, because I was in the beta for it, I have a Bowser skin for Rammus. **** yeah Bowser.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
zzz still installing/downloading...
kkk
summoners name is Aruesmyth
bleh didn't work, ill try on the better computer sometime later.. maybe tomorrow morning or sunday morning

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
yeah i played that character first... he seems preety broken.. XD
i am soooo lost still...
we were pwning tho XD but i left because of stupid dad :X eh maybe ill play again

Spife

Smash Master
Shaya is your avatar the main character from Angel Beat?

I've been playing, I recently picked up Shaco but I have a much more solid TF. I've never played DoTA, or WC3, and I suck at starcraft, thankfully, LoL has a lot less going on :3

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
games pretty fun, but its actually developed to be un-competitive and a casual experience, just not a big fan of games that dont reward skill so much

hon stomps this ****, have fun paying for heroes that are better (free game ahahaha)

and yes ive played it, games not fun

Nixernator

Smash Ace
games pretty fun, but its actually developed to be un-competitive and a casual experience, just not a big fan of games that dont reward skill so much

hon stomps this ****, have fun paying for heroes that are better (free game ahahaha)

>games pretty fun
>games not fun

i r confuse

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP

Heroes are constantly being balanced. :p

Even though some... are... pretty good...

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I went and bought Ezreal.

Was kinda disappointed in his voice actor, was looking forward to GILGAMESH.
But his cockyness is good, so I guess he'll pass. A name that's practically Israeli is a plus too.

He's definitely a lot harder to play though; but man using range again is like lololololol. So used to having to take 2 rangers at once in a lane in fail pubs.

Twitch is annoying but really... all that's required is a sight ward and for someone to call MIA. In Nasus' case I just rush to where I believe he'll go (hide), and then if he comes out / gets spotted gank him from behind. Silly twitchs, being like LOLOLOL IMA GO STEALTH AND TRY TO KILL YOU IN LANES EVERY 2 MINUTES HAHAHA.

My usual item set up and skill set up, I'd be 2-3hkoing twitch at the early stages of the game.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
what's "denying creeps"?
Thanks for answering my question <3

Denying creeps is when the unit is below a certain % of hp, you can attack it yourself to stop the enemies getting gold from it and halfing the exp they get from said unit.

You can also deny towers to stop enemies getting gold.

And when an ally hero has a DOT on them (Damage over time) you can hit them to kill them yourself stopping the enemies getting gold and not as much xp.

Spife

Smash Master
Thanks for answering my question <3

Denying creeps is when the unit is below a certain % of hp, you can attack it yourself to stop the enemies getting gold from it and halfing the exp they get from said unit.

You can also deny towers to stop enemies getting gold.

And when an ally hero has a DOT on them (Damage over time) you can hit them to kill them yourself stopping the enemies getting gold and not as much xp.
No, you can't do that in LoL.

Toshi

Smash Journeyman
Nope. In Dota, they must have a DoT on them to be able to deny them. Though, it has to be under a certain % of max health (25% or less IIRC).

There are a few DoTs which can not be denied, like Maledict (and Shadow Word?).

</end Dota talk>

EDIT: Wait, you can deny your ally affected by the enemy's Shadow Word.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
you can also fail at denying them and actually kill them... XD
lifesteal is bs..

i like hon better... but i dont have a computer to play it XD
then dota.. then lol...

wtf is this mastery system... seems broken and bs...

also what 2 spells u get?
i see alot of people getting heal and revive... lol

Pete278

Smash Lord
you can also fail at denying them and actually kill them... XD
lifesteal is bs..

i like hon better... but i dont have a computer to play it XD
then dota.. then lol...

wtf is this mastery system... seems broken and bs...

also what 2 spells u get?
i see alot of people getting heal and revive... lol
>I don't understand something so I call it broken

And really, Toshi? I swear I denied people who were away fine just to troll them.

Silfa

Smash Ace
Yeah, you can only deny heroes if they have a damage over time on them like Doom and they have to be around or under 20-25%.

I'm surprised to here that you can't deny creeps in LoL. I've never played it, but it doesn't seem as good to me. Do you have to pay real money to get heroes?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
No you don't "have to".

They rotate 8? or something heroes every week for free usage.
From playing matches you get points that let you buy heroes + runes (all the masteries and stuff).

At low levels everyone uses heal + revive because they're the only spells you have. Heal + Teleport is pretty standard.

Masteries and stuff are hardly broken... when they literally say +damage +1" they literally mean that much... lol.
The things that can kinda be abused are like dodge chances (I think the max you can get is +10%).

Dedicating all runes to AP lets you get like up to +100 at level 18.

my runes are mostly dedicated to mana regeneration.

Pete278

Smash Lord
Denying creeps, while adding skill, slows the game down alot more. Sure, it makes the game less competitive, but if it means I can get in more games to make up for that one where my team was 4 trolling scrubs (happens so much in every game :(), then I like it.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
well those differences are to be expected, they want to reward players that are dedicated rather than players that just pick up the game

hons a flat fee at the start and you get everything

lol is 0 dollars at the start and you either grind games, or buy to get ahead, just like a f2p mmo

the advantages of being a payer/long term player are present but not game breaking.

lol has changed things to be a much more relaxed and short term experience when it comes to the immediate game, hence the overall casualness of it, its not made to appeal to the competitive gamer

with hon; get some friends if you dont want to deal with bad players, the games geared towards people playing as a team, you dont get that in public games

dont hate tha game hate tha playaz

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
i think i would get that greed mastery... since its 1 gold per second...
after 1hr ide have 3600 for doing nothing... XP i suspose its not game breaking....

yeah i dont have any friends if u cant tell that already lol.

Top Bottom