• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

League of Legends uPick AWH **** ITS OVER

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
OS, can I bother you for a critique on my play? It's been some time since I last asked you, and I'd like to hear your opinion. :)

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Ryker again proves his LVP status.

We absorbed the Night Kill on the first night like we were supposed to. Not sure exactly how the poison killed us as we should have regenerated our BP beforehand.
Made the wrong read, c'est la vie.

Still curious why you went Gova over me and especially over J.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
OS, can I bother you for a critique on my play? It's been some time since I last asked you, and I'd like to hear your opinion. :)
You made some emotional snaps which should be avoided. Mafia players that have emotions guiding them make bad decisions that they can't explain rationally and the basis of town winning is town being able to rationally explain all their actions. By default, scum has to wait for town to mess up without making themselves visible. If you give them an opening, they can pounce.

That said, you were able to self-reflect.

Made the wrong read, c'est la vie.

Still curious why you went Gova over me and especially over J.
No. No you didn't just make the wrong read.

You saw a person viewed as town by everyone, me, and then you butted heads against him to get your way. You didn't HAVE a scum read and hadn't even been a part of the game up until that point.

You know why you were kept alive all game and we were shot N1? Because we were cold and calculating and dangerous to people that can't explain themselves while looking like a member of the town. When they looked at town and thought "who is least likely to get mislynched and least likely to let us get away with something stupid" there was a big neon sign pointing at our slot.

Because you didn't get your way, you threw a tantrum and used your poison on us.

Think about it for a second from an impartial view, unaware of anyone's alignment.

One guy is considered town by a large majority and is pressing for guy A to be lynched.

Another guy is attacking him for it and pressing for one of many other options as better lynches.

After it becomes clear that the 2nd guy won't get his way, he decides to attempt to kill the first Guy.

What, of all of that, is guy 2's town motivation?

Does he think he just KNOWS the first guy's alignment and is somehow a mafia savant that is above everyone else? The first guy just pulled the wool over their eyes D1 and this'll never change, so instead of using his poison on one of the many non-contributing lynch choices he himself is providing as alternatives, he kills the person that makes him feel small.

The arrogance and complete and utter incompetence of that play is beyond recognition. How egocentric do you have to be to see an entire town saying "yeah, I think this guy is town" and say "I'm going to kill him" on DAY ONE? You hadn't even seen the flip and you were already calling your action.

You need to stop trying to play a leading role because you can't lead. All you do is shout "my way or the highway" and go off gut reads in an attempt to play the short game. To you, every day has an "obv lynch" that will end up as scum. To most other players, they pick someone who is likely to be scum but even if they flip town will still help town win the long game.

Part of the danger of being a strong town player is that if you don't get NKilled, someone has to ask "why not". When you kill people that piss you off or let inactives fester until endgame and you don't create a clean and visible plan, you get a cluster**** endgame where you're just hoping that you eventually get a good lynch and you can somehow catch all the scum off of it.

Your play is so consistently antagonistic towards strong town play that I actually had you as a potential scum lean I needed to watch because you weren't originally fighting me for control. That's how predictable it is.

You wanna know why I chose Gova over anyone else? Because Gova played like **** and was deliberately being evasive. I don't care if this is something he considers his "style"; he can D1 every game for all I care. I read his games. He does it as scum, that's all that matters. If he does it as town too that still doesn't change the fact that his play was anti-town. His play doesn't help town win. Sitting there twiddling your thumbs waiting for others to do the work is a town player's way of saying "I can be lynched at any time OR night killed with no connections! I'm only a help to mafia!"

We needed a lynch D1 and Gova was the best candidate. Kantrip was an obvious non-mafia and was the other candidate. We were going to absorb the next NKill for sure.

Given that you and J had butted heads, it gave us the opportunity to set up the next day to be you vs. J. Not to necessarily lynch either of you, but to figure out where you stand and get stances from both of you. There was a plan and it didn't involve blind lynching players.

It got us one less NKill from scum, got us a worthless player removed, showed peopel they had to post or they would be lynched too, and revealed two prominent figures from D1 at the start of D2 which consequently wouldh ave figured out all the base influences in the game.

Funny story though, if Gova had posted more or even been the slightest bit helpful we would have lynched rainbow fingers.

OS said:
Willing to move over to rainbow fingers now, but I'd like to see Ryker do something with him or at least choose gova over rainbow.
Guess who wouldn't answer the question on Gova/Rainbow? -_-;;

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
also bsl: you are good at this game. you were excellent at making yourself obvtown in hunter x hunter and you eluded town for a good amount of time here from what xonar said you took the reins in the hydra. felt this warranted mentioning cuz ive seen you say things like "**** mafia" (i know that feel bro) here and there but its certainly not out of incompetence homie
Thanks for the compliment. I just disagree with your conclusion.

When I play, my alignment is pretty dang obvious. As town, you know it. As scum, you might not know it, but I'm bad at pokerfacing. When I started posting towards the end without Xonar, I went from null-read to scum.

Maybe the inactivity D1 gave me a bad set-up, maybe not, idk. If I was town, I think I could've played my way out of that hole.

So since I'm obv town as town, I'm pretty good when I roll town, right? Wrong. I'm soooooo bad at reading people. I don't know mafia meta game. What's scummy? What's towny? I have no idea. Look at my reads in HxH. I was obv town, yeah, but of the scum team, Vynil was the only read I had right, and he wasn't even REALLY scum.

So as either faction, I'm detrimental.

And the game is also very frustrating to play.

I was legitimately upset with Kantrip's "case" on me. I still think it holds next to zero weight. He was right about me being scum, but his reasons were all off. That vote on J might be right, I don't remember my thoughts behind it, so I can't say. Other than that, I'm not sure if I would've acted differently as town. Maybe posted a little more after I started "playing" D2, but that's it.

My case on Kantrip was a case I'd have made if I were town, I believe. Kevin was scummy, everyone had that read. He likes to bus people. No one really thought Inferno was obv town, so him being the bussed scummates was believable. Kantrip's DayTheLast actions were something I would've picked up on (bad reads example here, as well). And yet I got lynched for it over Kantrip.

I guess as town, I wouldn't've attempted to push Kantrip's lynch as hard, since I wasn't sure. Maybe it would've been less scummy that way. I wouldn't've been digging my hole even deeper, I guess.

Idk. I think I'm bad at this game, and on top of that, dealing with people doing dumb things is annoying because they don't think it's dumb. And all I can say is "you're dumb" because their stuff doesn't even make sense. So then I'm scum for not actually counter-arguing.

w/e w/e

OS with tHe CaLlOuT!!1!11!

:phone:

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Also OS as if you could've lynched me even if you sold your soul to the devil for it.

Puh. Lease.

Also also, that giant post ninja'd me. The CaLlOuT only got bigger.

Also also also, My phone just autocorrected callout to CaLlOuT. Awesome.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
People being right for the wrong reasons is annoying.
Especially because then those wrong reasons turn into meta, then when you're doing it as town and it isn't actually anti town actions, but only meta, then you get mislynched.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I'll get to you, but to begin with, I didn't pull the trigger on you until twilight of Day 2.

I called the action D1 without a flip because I was extremely confident in my read on Gova and you weren't being cold and calculating, you were being aloof and noncommittal.

Read your own explanation for why you lynched Gova and how it doesn't line up with knowledge of the slot. You said you had me as a scum lean to watch for not butting heads with you purely on meta, but then choose not to care on another slot that flipped town. The entire way you approached it was aimed at getting a lynch instead of getting something out of Gova.

Before you cry strawman, I'll be back and you can wait if you even want to respond.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
This game was meh.

Lol Ryker. Just lol is all I can really say with you this game.

Thanks for letting me replace in JTB.

Comfortable with my reads this game.

Sad I got lynched so quick without even being able to come in a debate things.

Scum played alrightish. No MVP definitely.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'll get to you, but to begin with, I didn't pull the trigger on you until twilight of Day 2.

I called the action D1 without a flip because I was extremely confident in my read on Gova and you weren't being cold and calculating, you were being aloof and noncommittal.

Read your own explanation for why you lynched Gova and how it doesn't line up with knowledge of the slot. You said you had me as a scum lean to watch for not butting heads with you purely on meta, but then choose not to care on another slot that flipped town. The entire way you approached it was aimed at getting a lynch instead of getting something out of Gova.

Before you cry strawman, I'll be back and you can wait if you even want to respond.
I really don't have to respond, nor do you. This isn't a game of mafia and it isn't a debate. I'm not trying to convince you, I'm telling you. The game is done and the proof is in the pudding. Your play is consistently detrimental to town.

Given how adamant and prominent I was this game D1, I think you might want to look up aloof and noncommittal though.

While researching, here you go:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illusory_superiority

Play a game in the background, whatever game that is. Instead of making snap judgements, take it slow. See the change in the game's flow.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
JTB said:
Hello Lovably Adorable Kanine and welcome to League of Legends uPick! You are...

Fizz the Tidal Trickster, Mafia Chaos Maker!

Fizz? Who is Fizz? No one picks that guy anymore, are you sure you didn't pick him by accident? Well, since you already locked in, might as well show everyone what the mischief maker of Bilgewater is made of! You may talk to your partners soup (Yorick) and RainbowFingers (Skarner) here.

Abilities:

Kill: Each night, you or your partners may target one player to kill by sending me the command Kill: (player name).

Chum The Waters: Time to cause some chaos! You throw a magical fish at town, which causes a shark to lunge from the earth and deal damage to everyone! The next day, every player will only take one vote to lynch! You must use this ability either N1 or N2, if you wait too long you won't be able to use it! This is a one-time ability.

Safeclaim: You know that Morgana is not in the game!

Alignment: You are Mafia aligned and win when all summoners have been eliminated or nothing can prevent this from happening.

Good luck!

I really wanted to see this role after OS all stars, but in hindsight, I didn't like it too much. I think a one day kingmaker role could've had a better effect on the game.

JTB said:
Hello soup and welcome to League of Legends uPick! You are...

Yorick the Gravedigger, Mafia Reviver!

Oh, so you are one of those people. The tryhard that picks the most annoying top lane matchup for anyone. Well, you sure angered a lot of summoners (plznerf), so it's time to show that you are not just some cheap character! You may talk to your partners Lovably Adorable Kanine (Fizz) and RainbowFingers (Skarner) here.

Abilities:

Kill: Each night, you or your partners may target one player to kill by sending me the command Kill: (player name).

Omen of Death: You've been granted the power to bring someone back to life for a short period of time! Once this game, you may send me the command Omen of Death: (deadplayername) and they will be revived for the next day phase only. They will still be able to use any powers they have, be able to talk and vote, but will not be eligible for a lynch. They still will count towards the majority though (so if 7 people are alive and you revive one person, it will count as 8 people alive and take 5 to lynch). You may only use this ability once!

It's important to note that you will not be able to kill anyone on the night that you use this ability, so choose wisely.

Safeclaim: You know that Rumble is not in the game!

Alignment: You are Mafia aligned and win when all summoners have been eliminated or nothing can prevent this from happening.

Good luck!

Probably my favorite role of the setup and it didn't even get used. I had a lot of fun speculating the possibilities of using this (fake claiming so you could bring back a scum mate who is silent all day and just hammers a townie, bringing back a player that you had previously manipulated in order to get another mislynch). Forcing scum to give up a night kill was to ensure that town doesn't totally get cheated in lylo.

JTB said:
Hello RainbowFingers and welcome to League of Legends uPick! You are...

Skarner, the Crystal Vanguard, Mafia Jailer!

Well done, you locked into one of the best junglers in the game! Carries fear you due to your ability to suppress them with your broken range ult, but hey, its their fault for overextending, amirite? You may talk to your partners soup (Yorick) and Lovably Adorable Kanine (Fizz) here.

Abilities:

Impale: Woops, looks like that guy is overextending against you! Each night, you may send me the command Jail: (playername). Your target will be safe from lethal actions, but be roleblocked as well.

Safeclaim: You know that Udyr is not in the game!

Good luck!

Town had a lot of ways to shut down scum, so I figured that the scum team needed some way to protect themselves from it. My main goal this game was to go for roles that could be either alignment.

Fun fact, originally impale was going to remove a player from one day phase, but when thinking about end game, I figured it was too hard to balance.

JTB said:
Hello KevinM and welcome to League of Legends uPick! You are...

Draven, the Glorious Executioner, Town Executioner!

Welcome to the Leeeeeeague of Draven! With all these summoners in one place, there's no way that you could pass up a chance to show off your magnificent skills, so go out there and show everyone just how amazing you are!

Abilities:

Spinning Axe: "Man I'm good!" Being the glorious executioner you are, you are more skilled in hammering people! Your vote can lynch someone if they are at half (50%) the required votes needed to lynch! For example, if a player needs 6 votes to lynch and you are the 3rd vote (or higher), that player is considered hammered. This only works if its 50% of required votes, if your vote is any lower, its counted as a normal vote. An example is if you are the 2nd vote on a person that needs 6 votes to lynch, if someone votes after you and puts them at 3 votes (50%), they will not be hammered.

Feel free to message me if I'm not clear, I tried explaining best I can :(

You should also post flashy like Draven, this isn't a post restriction but it would amuse me greatly :bee:

Alignment: You are Town aligned and win when all threats to town have been eliminated, even if you are dead.

Good luck!

Another one of my favorite roles (one I got from Terys droom upick) and one that matched up perfectly with draven.

JTB said:
Hello Mastermind Super Fiend and welcome to League of Legends uPick! You are...

Blitzcrank, the Great Steam Golem, Town Reporter!

Hey, how did you get past the ban phase? Are you a good blitz? Can you get the grabs that make the game? Oh, you played dota pudge? Then this game should be no problem for you!

Abilities:

Rocket Grab: Time to shine! Each night, you may attempt to grab a player by sending me the command Rocket Grab: (playername). If that player is not doing anything, your grab will be successful and you will be notified. However, if that player is performing their own action, your grab will be unsuccessful and you will be notified.

Alignment: You are Town aligned and win when all threats to town have been eliminated, even if you are dead.

Good luck!

Nerfed cop. Again, didn't want to make any role scream obvtown, so I changed blitz from cop to reporter.

JTB said:
Hello Inferno and welcome to League of Legends uPick! You are...

Nautilus, the Titan of the Depths, Town Tunneler!

Not gonna lie, I don't know much about you except that you look like a Big Daddy and I have to flash away whenever you target me with your ult. And your pull/grab thingy is pretty wack too. So yeah. Go Nautilus!

Abilities:

Depth Charge: Looks like you improved your ultimate! One night, you may send me the command Depth Charge: (player1) and (player2). The next day, only those two players can be lynched! This is an one-time use ability.

Good luck!

Extremely swingy role and one I would've taken out in hindsight. If said player waits until lylo and uses it on two scum, that's way too unfair. I was a bit glad that Inferno didn't use it the last night and screw up the win that belonged to scum.

JTB said:
Hello Delita and welcome to League of Legends uPick! You are...

Anivia, the Cyrophoenix, Town Regenerating Bulletproof!

I think my ability to write flavor is diminishing as I write more and more PMs. I mean, ahem...

So you locked into Anivia, eh? Are you running Heal to bait your mid opponent into diving you at tower? Make sure you grab a Chalice so you can clear waves instantly and try not to mess up your walls and throw the game.

Abilities:

Rebirth: This is a passive ability. You are granted a bulletproof that regenerates in time. If you are ever the target of a direct lethal action, your bulletproof will be taken away. Upon the end of the following night, your BP will be up once again. For example, if your BP is popped N1, it will take N2 to regenerate and be up D3. You will be notified if your BP has been popped.

Note that your BP only blocks one lethal action, if you are the target of multiple ones in one night, you will still die.

Good luck!

With the amount of kills in the game, I figured a BP would be necessary and it fit well with Anivia. Scum shot delita N1, popped his bp, which allowed Ryker to poison him D2 before his BP was up again D3.

JTB said:
Hello Krystedez and welcome to League of Legends uPick! You are...

Nasus, the Curator of the Sands, Town Delayer!

Hey Nasus, uh, can you come help your team? You have been farming top all game, and uh, they are taking towers. Oh, you are getting your q damage up? Well, please come carry us soon, we need it.

Abilities:

Wither: Hey look at that guy, it looks like he needs to be AGED. Each night, you may target one player by sending me the command Wither: (playername). If your target uses an action that night, it will be delayed by one night. This does not work on factional kills however.

Good luck!

Role that had absolutely no effect on the game. Krys targeted people who had no night actions (and targeted KevinM after he claimed town executioner, not sure why he did that since if he was scum, it wouldn't had an effect anyways). Would've made for some interesting combos.

JTB said:
Hello Raziek and welcome to League of Legends uPick! You are...

Tryndamere, the Barbarian King, Town Jimmie Rustler!

I bet you thought you were going to get Jayce eh? How mad are you?

Abilities:

Rustle My Jimmies: Each day, someone must rustle your jimmies, otherwise you DIE. I don't know what this has to do with Tryndamere, but let's run with that.

Okay okay, that's not real. What were your thoughts when you saw the picture? Now, lets move onto your real pm..

:troll:

Jayce, the Defender of Tomorrow, Town Accelerator!

This guy. THIS GUY. Barely put into the game and is already making a huge appearance in the tournament scene. Oh, you want a free shurelyas? YOU GOT IT. You want a knockback? GOT IT. You want to be amazing? ALREADY THERE.

Abilities:

Acceleration Gate: Activate! During any day phase, you may publicly post the command "Accelerate!" (feel free to add on some dramatic flair, accelerate by itself is just boring you know). Once I acknowledge this ability, the deadline will be shortened to 24 hours after I post. So if it you use it 3:00 PM 10/6 and I acknowledge it 3:30 PM 10/6, the new deadline is 3:30 PM 10/7.

The only thing that changes is the deadline, majority to lynch still remains the same. This is a one-time use ability too, so use it carefully.

Good luck!

Had to make some roles not have a huge effect on the game and Jayce was one of them. Pretty straight forward in how it worked, it would've been cool to see it used D2 and throw scum off guard. Probably would've done something different.

JTB said:
Hello Gova and welcome to League of Legends uPick! You are...

Sona, the Maven of the Strings, Town Supporter!

Welcome summoner, what masterpiece shall we play today? Shall we show everyone why I'm the best support in the game?

Abilities:

Hymn of Valor: Let's buff up our damage, alright? Each night, you may send me the command Doublevote: (playername). Your target will be able to vote twice the next day.

Squishy: Being a support has its downsides, namely being squishy. As a result, you take one less vote to lynch, so be careful!

Good luck!

Another very powerful role for town, especially coupled with Draven who could pretty much solo lynch anyone later in the game.

JTB said:
Hello KantripPotassium and welcome to League of Legends uPick! You are...

Singed, the Mad Chemist, Town Commuter!

What a troll pick. Enough said.

Abilities:

Insanity Potion: Each night, you take your Insanity Potion and run really, really, REALLY fast. That's it. You just run fast. You run SO fast that no one is able to target you at night. That's probably important.

Okay, you are can't be targeted by anything at night. That's what you need to know.

Good luck!

Essentially OS Superman role and one that also fits in with the theme of being either alignment.

JTB said:
Hello Ryker and welcome to League of Legends uPick! You are...

Striker Ezreal, Town Even-Day Poisoner!

Time for a true display of skill! With your experience, Ezreal is sure to carry this game and put those baddies in a museum!

I'm tired, don't make fun of my bad flavor n_n.

Abilities:

Trueshot Barrage: Every even day, you may privately message me the command Trueshot Barrage: (playername). At the start of the next day, your shot will reach your target and they will die (listed as a poison kill for mechanic reasons). Remember, that's every even day, so D2, D4, etc.

Good luck!

I liked the mechanics of this role (marshy helped make it ), although its execution wasn't too great. One of the reasons J shot Ryker was him claiming the wrong thing (not sure if intentional), which led to Js lynch.

I also forgot Ryker was Striker Ezreal, not Pulsefire :(

JTB said:
Hello UTDZac and welcome to League of Legends uPick! You are...

Ashe, the Frost Archer, Town Odd-Night Vigilante!

While other ad carries may be picked over you, you still reign superior in initiating team fights with your arrow. What's the point of having more damage than Ashe if you are just stunned while she attacks you?

Abilities:

Enchanted Crystal Arrow: Every odd night, you may send me the command Arrow: (playername). This is a lethal action and your target will die. Note you can only do this on odd numbered nights, so N1, N3, etc.

Good luck!

Another role that wasn't executed too great. I don't agree with J shooting Ryker on the basis that "his role counters mine".

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Raz I'm sorry for gunning for you all game . My lynch pool was basically all wrong until it was to late having RF and LAK as scum doesn't feel good after bring the proponent of two mislynches two days in a row. Sorry town bros

Gg though had fun saw some stuff to improve on

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I really wanted to see this role after OS all stars, but in hindsight, I didn't like it too much. I think a one day kingmaker role could've had a better effect on the game.
It can work in a different setup. Kingmaker definitely superior for this setup.

Probably my favorite role of the setup and it didn't even get used. I had a lot of fun speculating the possibilities of using this (fake claiming so you could bring back a scum mate who is silent all day and just hammers a townie, bringing back a player that you had previously manipulated in order to get another mislynch). Forcing scum to give up a night kill was to ensure that town doesn't totally get cheated in lylo.
Cool,but only useful if someone wants to say "I can bring someone back from the dead" as a safe claim to not get lynched. Doesn't help mafia much, too many variables.

Town had a lot of ways to shut down scum, so I figured that the scum team needed some way to protect themselves from it. My main goal this game was to go for roles that could be either alignment.

Fun fact, originally impale was going to remove a player from one day phase, but when thinking about end game, I figured it was too hard to balance.
Jailer is a good scum role for this game.

Another one of my favorite roles (one I got from Terys droom upick) and one that matched up perfectly with draven.
Good role, bad execution. It has to be noted that KevinM himself brings about the hammer, not that it just takes less to lynch, otherwise its a ? for town and a death sentence for the user if he explains. Makes it more static. Fun role though.

Nerfed cop. Again, didn't want to make any role scream obvtown, so I changed blitz from cop to reporter.
Honestly a good role for this. One shot cop might have been better, but I approve.

Extremely swingy role and one I would've taken out in hindsight. If said player waits until lylo and uses it on two scum, that's way too unfair. I was a bit glad that Inferno didn't use it the last night and screw up the win that belonged to scum.
Swingy isn't bad when its determined by town's insight. If there were cop roles and whatnot that could force a scum lynch sure, but if he actually FINDS scum and targets them both that's another thing entirely. This is a good role.

With the amount of kills in the game, I figured a BP would be necessary and it fit well with Anivia. Scum shot delita N1, popped his bp, which allowed Ryker to poison him D2 before his BP was up again D3.
I was confused on this; if he sends in his poison on D2 and it kills me on D3 but my bp regenerates on D3 our BP should have been back. >:\

Role that had absolutely no effect on the game. Krys targeted people who had no night actions (and targeted KevinM after he claimed town executioner, not sure why he did that since if he was scum, it wouldn't had an effect anyways). Would've made for some interesting combos.
Neat role but kinda bad for town.

Had to make some roles not have a huge effect on the game and Jayce was one of them. Pretty straight forward in how it worked, it would've been cool to see it used D2 and throw scum off guard. Probably would've done something different.
This is probably one of the most anti-town roles I've seen, and it is pretty delicious. It might be less bad if instead of just shortening the deadline it said "shortens deadline and person with the most votes dies, ties no one is lynched". Being close to the deadline is bad for town, having shorter day phases is bad for town. This ability should never be used by a townie as is.

Another very powerful role for town, especially coupled with Draven who could pretty much solo lynch anyone later in the game.
I don't know why this role is hated.

Essentially OS Superman role and one that also fits in with the theme of being either alignment.
*brofist*

I liked the mechanics of this role (marshy helped make it ), although its execution wasn't too great. One of the reasons J shot Ryker was him claiming the wrong thing (not sure if intentional), which led to Js lynch.

I also forgot Ryker was Striker Ezreal, not Pulsefire :(
Basically turns into a NKill by using it at the end of the day phase so it kills them immediately and the jailer can't get it is another bonus. Decent role, but not combined with the next one.

Another role that wasn't executed too great. I don't agree with J shooting Ryker on the basis that "his role counters mine".
Don't agree either, but both being in the same game is odd. I mean you saw how many people died. This is 6 people in two phases, one of which would be a one-vote lynch and the other could be a lynch between two people. Town would have absolutely no control, and did have no control.

All in all, this is a lot like Fire Emblem in that it is pretty heavily scum flavored. FF4 and FF6 proved that Town having a lot of power doesn't make them powerful, just more dangerous to themselves, and this is just another layer on that cake.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
A lot of the town roles ended the day faster. OS said what I wanted to say. There was town hated, which dies at L-1, there was a doublevoter, there was an executioner, there was "Accelerate!".

And then Chum the Waters only made it worse.

None of these are really protown as far as I can tell...

JTB, I don't see how you think town was OP this game.

I also don't see how the resurrection could ever really help town. If you can bring someone back and use them to help mislynch, why not just NK the person you wanted to lynch? Kantrip is the only person who this could be used against, really.

Rajam

Smash Champion
All in all, this is a lot like Fire Emblem in that it is pretty heavily scum flavored. FF4 and FF6 proved that Town having a lot of power doesn't make them powerful, just more dangerous to themselves, and this is just another layer on that cake.
FF4 was still won by town though

You should deffinitely run that game here in DGames :p

I also want to know what LAK means

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Lovably Adorable Kanine. It was originally me and Ran hydra then he left for a long time so I let John use it, since I wasn't sure how to make hydras entirely.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Salty at not having a chance to bring it back.

Sorry for my early play, but I feel I really came into my own this game and I'm finally getting a grasp for when to go for reads and be confident and when to step back.

I should have stayed with the soup suspicion because the post I made about him really was legit.

Salty about Ryker's reads....

@soup: The Ryker/LAK/soup thing that I came in swinging with, while I didn't stick to it, did have some truth behind it. As did the mini-case I started on you. I just didn't stick with it because I got distracted by something I thought I saw with KevinM and RF.

Well played though.

@MOD: This was a really fun game, thanks for hosting!

Kantrip

Kantplay
Town was kind of underpowered in my opinion. Really mad that KevinM was town and did what he did this game.

Thoughts on MVP are that LAK and RF don't deserve it, not sure if soup does.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Also LAK's actions around the time of my case.

"John wants Kantrip but I'm gonna leave my options open myself"

"Kantrip unvote what are you doing"

-Ryker joins on-

"Actually yeah I can roll with it"

If we actually had another Day I woulda been all over that.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
read this game.

thought kantrip was indy based off his "i'm 100% not scum look at all of my proof " deal.

Well played by soup / RF / LAK.

town shot itself in the foot literally.

cool flavor and good modding , overall great to read in spare time :D

John2k4

The End of an Era
Admins create special Hydra accounts that are limited to DGames (can view/post in only this area). =P

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Honestly: I just really want to know how Xonar and BSL managed to post like that the entire game.

Please tell me you guys wrote up a script to automatically work out the color gradient's bb code...

(but if you didn't I will have infinite respect for your levels of dedication to a hydra quirk)

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
awww shoot you got us
we werent actually inactive but we just had to spend 2-3 hours making each post and nobody could be bothered :(

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Xonar obv wasn't delicated. He posted in whitetext like THREE TIMES!!!

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Whelp, I'm back from the hurricane and what do I see?

This setup was terrible, absolutely and utterly horrific, having two vigs brought up EXACTLY the problem I cited in britches and hoes and the only reason ryker was able to escape death was sheer force of personality because he was the only strong personality remaining.

And seriously, a hated, an executioner, AND scum had the ability to set up a quickshot? That made it completely impossible to have an actual dayphase and it showed, d2 and d3 gleaned town nothing and without those days town simply didn't have the material to actually find scum.

Technically it was balanced in terms of actual power, but mafia isn't a game that you can simply compare raw power. The roles interacted in a horrifically anti-town way.

Ryker, kevin, and gova were friggin useless this game, though ryker's townread on gova does impress me, though at least gova wasn't counterproductive. He needs to start taking initiative d1. Ryker on the other hand, completely ruled by his emotions and kevin... Dat raziek shot and the J execution so early in the day.... yeesh.

And ryker, why the hell did you lie about the timing of your trueshot barrage hitting me d1?

We intended to absorb it, but because it hit during the night instead of the end of day like you said our BP hadn't regenerated.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Adum, I couldn't read you. Help me read you for next time please.

Top Bottom