• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

League of Legends uPick AWH **** ITS OVER

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Don't have time for flavor n_n

AN ENEMY HAS BEEN SLAIN

Rainbowfingers (Skarner, the Crystal Vanguard, Mafia Jailer) has been lynched!​

N4 begins! Get your actions in asap

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Here it was, the late game. The players knew the end was approaching, it was all down to individual players making the right calls.

Suddenly, a flying arc of light came at the players. With no time to react, everyone pushed to get out of the way, leaving one poor soul in the path of the murderous light.

"Draven's makin' an exit!"

AN ALLY HAS BEEN SLAIN

KevinM (Draven, the Glorious Executioner, Town Executioner) was hit by Trueshot Barrage and died! (aka poisoned)​

Immediately, town all had the same thought run through their heads, "Ezreal is the enemy, let's get him!" They followed where the ult had been fired from, only to find....

Ryker (Pulsefire Ezreal, the Prodigal Explorer, Even-Day Poisoner) had been killed!

It was over, town had lost a stacked game. Two members from the group stepped forward and faced the remaining two with sinister smiles across their face.

AN ALLY HAS BEEN SLAIN

Inferno (Nautilus, the Titan of the Depths, Town Tunneler) has been endgamed!

DOUBLE KILL!

Potassium (Singed, the Mad Chemist, Town Commuter) has been endgamed!

Soup (Yorick, the Gravedigger, Mafia Reviver) has won!

Lovably Adorable Canine (Fizz, the Tidal Trickster, Mafia Chaos Maker) has won!

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium

RainbowFingers (Skarner, the Crystal Vanguard, Mafia Jailer) has won in endgame but got reported by his team for trying to throw the game.​

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Could have gotten Soup too.

Quick topics please.

Shoutouts later.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I'll throw out my thoughts tomorrow, but town was very overpowered compared to scum in hindsight. Inferno could've outed the scumteam if he chose Soup and LAK last night, but he decided to not use his power.

RainbowFingers

Xonar | BSL
[10/31/2012 12:50:36 AM] BSL: xonar we're dyinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng
[10/31/2012 12:50:49 AM] BSL: i knew posting on my own was a bad idea
[10/31/2012 12:50:50 AM] BSL: :c
[10/31/2012 12:50:51 AM] BSL: w/e
[10/31/2012 12:50:53 AM] BSL: don't matta
[10/31/2012 12:51:02 AM] BSL: Ryker is adamant about the fact that he doesn't lie about vig shots
[10/31/2012 12:51:10 AM] BSL: which means he's sent the Kevin kill in
[10/31/2012 12:51:15 AM] BSL: which means we've won

Yeah, I basically tried to throw by not talking to Xonar. I'm bad at this game, yo!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Kevin if you didn't use your Execute I could have come out as Town Reporter to say that he did use his ability. I could have semi-cleared him. (Although I did get confused by the results)

[Although if it's my fault that you did this, I'll take the blame]

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
His shot on Delita was very warranted. I just see it as you disagreeing. (Although I didn't see the Kevin Shot, if I were alive I'd ask him about his read on Kev, and I might have pushed a lynch towards Ryker)

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Your shot on Delita was dumb as **** and I can't believe you actually did that. Kevin on the other hand wasn't bad. I had total indy vibes from you late game.
That's why I shot him. I cannot fathom how he could be so gung-ho on a Gova lynch with a slot as grimy as J's in the game and with the admitted knowledge that both of them had seen GovaTown do the same thing. There was no way he was getting lynched short of a long and drawn out war where I likely have to flip town before anyone looks at him, all the while slots like J and Raz that also need to go are left running around.

Ran and Gova were the only townies in the game.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I notice Xonar thought I crumbed doc. I would like to see where he thought I did this.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
That's why I shot him. I cannot fathom how he could be so gung-ho on a Gova lynch with a slot as grimy as J's in the game and with the admitted knowledge that both of them had seen GovaTown do the same thing. There was no way he was getting lynched short of a long and drawn out war where I likely have to flip town before anyone looks at him, all the while slots like J and Raz that also need to go are left running around.

Ran and Gova were the only townies in the game.
Being real here, You shot him because you were unclear of his alignment at the time and wanted him gone instead of trying to read him over shooting J, Raz or Kevin or heck any of the inactives, all much much much better shots.

You need to stop shooting people because they are harder to read or may get more thread power, MP2 mafia. Shoot people who are scum or useless, not power players.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
No MvP

Standing by that, town killed themselves, we all just lurked or didn't push anything that others didn't force on their own.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I actually agree with Ruy, however, JTB's comments might sway me.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
No.
NO.
NO.
NOOO.
NO

**** man, this game sucked for me, when I came to play, it was night phase, when I was busy with school, activity abound! I didn't get to show my pro-town flavor or have fun at all with this game :/

well played by mafia I guess but sheesh I wish I had stuck with my intiial reads/had been able to play, like I hate it when I divert and join town because I'm ****ing bad and don't stay active enough to be given a second thought on a potential case. RF feels and my RVS on Lovely luuuuullllll all my hate.

I'm reporting all of you for verbal abuse, you mother ****ers, no honor

jkjkjkjkjk

BTW my wither ability really didn't do much I guess, I just withered Delita after the town flip night 1, withered Ryker night 2, then withered KevinM. My niht actions were **** this game because I went along with the weird vibes I guess (sigh)

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I'd like to see the full setup before I make comments in play, etc.

Mildly salty because my role was trash useless and essentially made me a VT. (I could move the deadline to 1 hour from when I used it, never a pro-town idea.)

:phone:

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
No MvP. Agreed on many levels not just because town destroyed themselves but simply because we were given a huge boost based on our own roles. Our team was really OP as hell and I'm kinda scratching my head at the thought process of this setup. It seems like really unbalanced with a ton of strong roles that don't have meaning behind them, the town had a lot of offensive mechanics as already stated but most of them were trumped indefinitely. My problem resides with the fact there was so much power but wasn't distributed evenly, there wasn't a role that was important above all and the fact remains there were two townsided vigilantes. It was very easy for town to win if they played their cards right I believe but honestly all of that power was just too much to handle. An infinite commuter? An executioner AND A hated townie in one game? No go. I understand wanting to be different but when you make setups you need to think about the balance behind them also. This game was not balanced and the sole reason I agree with No MvP is the fact this game was won not with good play, but with mechanics destroying town in the process. Literally one day of discussion and the last two days just got swept by one power on our faction and Kevin executing J without thought about it. I guess you could say that they didn't handle their roles correctly but there was no initiative to play their role in a way that benefit town. For this reason I completely understand Ryker's shot on KevinM/Delita.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
i think the only op power the scum had was laks "everyone needs 1 vote to die" power. in retrospect id take that out. the idea behind that was town asking themselves "why the **** would a protown player use such a power so early in the game?" and analyzing why the executioner in that slot would forgo a days worth of discussion to ensure someone getting ****ed up but honestly when you give a player the power to change the game through some power odds are they are going to take it regardless of alignment (all the misfires in the bims come to mind)

as for the reviver i dont see how thats op as scum in itself. you wouldnt be able to just revive your scumbuddy who got lynched d1 (the nerf on it was that they had tove died the prior day/night phase) for a lategame alpha strike out of nowhere so if scum was to revive one of their own town would pick up on that scummy move if the reviver ever claimed or he would be forced to create a fakeclaim. that or the scum reviver would have to revive a protown player which leads to a LOT of interesting play and rationale to analyze imo

the scum jailor was standard

now look at the town: youve got a poisoner/vig/executioner/tunneler (inferno who can force town to choose between 2 players for a lynch). all of these roles go both ways note that it just takes ONE of these guys to be on their game and FORCE the town to take action on an accurate scumread and theres a lot of potential for scum to be hardbody crewd by the whim of a single person. it also throws a wrench or 4 in a massclaim where you have 5 roles in the game claiming roles who can singlehandedly control a players death. i admit razieks power was not the greatest but when youve got a lot of power flying around some roles are going to get the shaft. krystedzs role could **** up all of the scumteams members plans by delaying their action (minus factional kill) by one phase and delita could cockblock kills by playing a strong protown game. then theres the ranmaru/summoner hydra who had some flavor cop role that i believe could help determine players alignments. dont get me wrong i ****ing despise power role heavy games and will never understand peoples boners for them but we rolled with it and think the setup was iight with an emphasis on town having to use power wisely or destroy themselves and that it couldnt be broken on massclaim. i generally believe that the more power a town has the more confusing it is to sort that **** out and leads to a lot of confusion but thats rambling

a lot of this **** will make more sense when roles are posted right now im looking at the googledoc and thinking back to a conversation i had with jtb like a month ago

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
also bsl: you are good at this game. you were excellent at making yourself obvtown in hunter x hunter and you eluded town for a good amount of time here from what xonar said you took the reins in the hydra. felt this warranted mentioning cuz ive seen you say things like "**** mafia" (i know that feel bro) here and there but its certainly not out of incompetence homie

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Nah I wasn't flavor cop. I could tell if someone was at home or not.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
oh reporter right? it was originally a flavor cop. regardless it is a rather ballin role

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
No MVP

Don't remember, Ranmaru. I'll look it up sometime.
Hydraing with BSL was coolbeans, even though I didn't really have time for this.
No idea why we didn't force a no-lynch today when KeviM/Inferno both were inactive enough to pull that off if we did it well enough.
No idea why Soup voted me for not having time for him.
Kantrip you should start weighing what's realistic vs what's unrealistic. Sometimes things look really convenient for the person you're suspecting. Sometimes things are, sometimes he's just town. Recognize the difference.
No idea why Gova got lynched. I liked his play here.
No idea why people had a Ryker scum read at any point this game, but oh well, it faded. (unfortunately :( )
Delita played pretty swell. Liked it.
Loved the J lynch.
It's a shame Inferno wasn't invested.

Stream of conscious. Will post thoughts on set-up later.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Sorry about that Xonar, but everytime I'd have time to see the progress of this game, somebody was lynched. Also my trust for ryker plummetted when he shot Delita. Definitely thought he was indy.

:phone:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I'm pretty sure Ryker has yet to shoot scum as a Town killing role.

He was GOING to in LASPM, but mod bungle prevented that.

I disagree with the Delita shot, but completely see where the Kevin shot came from.

Thought Kantrip was really obv-town, was right.

Gonna see which of my reads lined up.

Xonar, thoughts on my play?

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Sometimes something can be dumb, but that doesn't mean it's scummy. Gotta keep in mind the player you're dealing with.

I'll review your play and comment later, Raz. I liked it and was extremely afraid of you establishing yourself as a big town read for everyone.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Color key:

Town Read
Town Lean
Null
Scum Lean
Scum Read

Not lynching:

3. Lovably Adorable Kanine (Red Ruy/John2k4)
4. Raziek :troll:
5. Delita (adumbrodeus/Overswarm)
6. Ryker
8. Soup

Could be swayed to Lynch:

9. Kantrip
10. Mastermind Super Fiend (SummonerAU/Ranmaru)
11. UTDZac J

Would Lynch:

1. RainbowFingers (Xonar/BSL)
2. Gova
7. Inferno3044
12. Krystedez
13. KevinM

Reasonings:

3. Lovably Adorable Kanine (Red Ruy/John2k4) - I really like this slot. Ruy's line of thought has been clear and concise and I can easily see the Town intent behind the questions he's asking.

4. Raziek :troll: - I SAW HIS ROLE PM DON'T MODKILL PLEASE.

5. Delita (adumbrodeus/Overswarm) - OS was probably right when I said I may have been voting for the wrong reasons. Adum being a butt really rubbed me the wrong way and created a bit of bias against the slot. THAT SAID, I stand behind my reasoning for originally voting them. I felt they were misconstruing people's intent, specifically Kantrip's. However, I've liked their more recent posts, and they've been a literal content-faucet. Not a D1 option for me.

6. Ryker - This one I don't have much to say about. Good part feel, and I echo Delita in that we gain more by lynching Gova to learn about Ryker, rather than simply lynching Ryker. I haven't seen a lot I disagree with from him, not on the table for today.

8. Soup - I liked Soup more at the beginning, he's faded into the background as the day has gone on. On the sidelines a lot. For some reason, I wouldn't feel comfortably lynching him today.

Could be swayed to Lynch:

9. Kantrip - This is a weird one to have in this pile given that I've said I have a fairly strong town read on Kantrip. The reason is I feel like I may be putting too much faith in meta. This one is here because I think my opinion could change if someone made a solid case on him that brought up something that I'm not seeing. For now, I stand by my Town feels here.

10. Mastermind Super Fiend (SummonerAU/Ranmaru) - Plain and simple, I can't wrap my head around this slot right now. Their intent is much less obvious than some of the other slots. Will probably need help from others to develop my read on this slot.

11. UTDZac J - No point in lynching a replacement we know will be active. In this pile to cover the situation in which his content is horrendously bad upon getting caught up and posting.

Would Lynch:

1. RainbowFingers (Xonar/BSL) - Notably absent from a lot of toDay's discussion, despite the fact that I know Xonar is around pretty much every day and should have time. Has hidden behind "leaving notes for BSL and letting him post." Should be much more active than this slot has been. Not enough content to make a judgement on alignment, but would lynch to filter inactives.

2. Gova - I'm trying to like this slot, but he's being actively useless and has given essentially no content even when directly asked specific questions. Don't expect contribution level to improve. Strongly linked to Ryker, easy mislynch later in the game if he were to turn out Town. Better to prune now than later.

7. Inferno3044 - This slot has little content and is asking pretty obvious questions that can be answered just by reading the thread. As Kevin pointed out, pretty much only posts when pressured. No qualms with lynching today.

12. Krystedez - No content, but promises content. Ennnh. Fairly easy to read, so wouldn't mind keeping around over some of the others in this pile.

13. KevinM - Substantiate some of your **** so I can actually read you. Please. You're pretty useless as it is now.

In order lynchpool (highest priority first):

Gova
Inferno
RF
Kevin
Krystedez

Going to hit the questions I was asked directly in my next post.
Wrong on my Ruy read. His grimy vote-switch post set me off on it later, because his wagon switch had no justification whatsoever. "I hate this game. *insertdumbpicture*

Correct on Delita.

Correct on Ryker in the long run.

Had Soup null and noted his background tendencies. Feel like that would have turned into a scum lean.

Correct on Kantrip.

Was unsure on MSF. Couldn't get a good handle on that slot.

J wasn't active at the time. Not sure what I thought about him post-gova lynch.

Had RF in nulls, became way more apparent scum when I was reading Xonar have a rage baby.

Was wrong on Gova being scum, but I stand by the decision to lynch the slot.

Inferno and Krys I didn't have enough to make a judgement.

Kevin continues to play poorly and call me scum for no reason.

WHY, KEVIN? POST-GAME, TOWN, YOU'RE TOWN, WHY DID YOU THINK I WAS SCUM?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Ryker again proves his LVP status.

We absorbed the Night Kill on the first night like we were supposed to. Not sure exactly how the poison killed us as we should have regenerated our BP beforehand.

Top Bottom