• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Le Lazy Lurking Link's Listen/Laugh Lounge ♪~ (^ 。^=)

Dyclone

Smash Ace
^I still look at your channel for your videos, Rizen. :>
You have quite a few of them.

Hahaha, what a crazy thing to be happy about :p
I like your font.
Who wouldn't be happy about that :o
Thanks, little text smilies look weird though.

I need to get a more recent video of me playing Link sometime.
I'm trying to get some of me up. I think I'm slowly getting better. Playing other characters really made me try new things with Link.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
So my Link's achievements currently are getting destroyed by a Ness.

Hello Link boards.

Rizen

Smash Legend
So my Link's achievements currently are getting destroyed by a Ness.

Hello Link boards.
Hey,
You play a ton of characters; who's your main?

If you have replays of Link vs Ness, or anyone, I'll critique them in our video thread.

Ness is hard to space because his fast air movement and deceptive disjointed sparkles. Except for his Fsmash and Dair (maybe another attack) he will eat a lot of your projectiles. The problem is spacing him. I'd try to play at about the same distance I play vs Marth which is farther than you'd think. A boomerang or bomb hitting Ness will give you enough time to mash out of his PKFire pillars.
You can survive a Bthrow at 130% if the stage is big enough so don't give up. Jabs and Zair to cover your landings are great for stopping grabs.
Since Link has a tether grab you can shield grab a careless Ness. Link has a grab release>Dsmash/dash attack/jab on Ness/Lucas.
Unless Ness hits you from above, Dair will beat his PKthunder2 after he hits himself like a missile. You can shield> smash it when grounded; the PKT2 does not seem to push behind Link. Nair is a great way to cancel PKthunder's head when you're recovering, it has a large long lasting hitbox around Link's legs and torso. Good Ness' have really fast and accurate PKT2 aiming so don't let them bait you.
Don't forget the wind properties of Link's boomerang, they're great for gimping remote projectile characters.
Link's spam cannot be PSI magnet absorbed.

Pick big stages, the more room the better- with platforms. RC is too risky because Link can be outmaneuvered and PKT1 gimped. I'd go with PS1, Picto, (maybe Castle siege, I'm not sure) and places that mess up his recovery like Lylat, Japes.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
So it's Christmas Eve.

It doesn't feel like Christmas-time at all to me. Probably because I've been busy as heck passing classes and being busy with other life things. Unfortunately, I'm also rusty as heck at both Brawl (and Megaman) and video games in general since I haven't been playing any lately. Mostly I've regressed at reading people, haha. I need to fix that, but I don't really have any people to play....

So how's it been going, Link boards?

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I don't understand how people can get rusty at mega man, don't people at least play it weekly? I've been playing mega man hacks like crazy lately, RM4MI might be the best game ever, and it isn't even complete. Though I think Mega Man 9 and MM10 Hard mode are for sure better. MMX2 is still king of kings for the X series, might move on to MMX hacks after I get bored.

inb4someonesaysthat'sfunnybecauseyourfavoriterpgisincomplete(xenogears)

Also my fantasy football team is in the finals this week, wish me luck!

Rizen

Smash Legend
We have to save Huggles from having a life, fast!
If you (or anyone) wants to wifi, I'm up for a match if I'm able;).
Also my fantasy football team is in the finals this week, wish me luck!
I don't know what that is but good luck :) .

Will you post a link to the mega man hacks? Those sound cool.

Agree. X2 was the best for several reasons, a big one is that you actually used special weapons and not just to fight bosses. Charging weapons had a cool effect. The life tank refill rooms, using Morph Moth's charged weapon were a HUGE time saver for subtanks.

Rizen

Smash Legend
We have over 2ft of snow here, it was 5degrees F this morning before the sun rose. I like snow :).

Happy Holidays everybody:joyful:

My sleep is terrible right now:urg:. Fortunately I don't have to do anything besides holiday stuff.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Rizen, I main Ganondorf. I secondary Link, Zelda, and Sheik.

Contrary to what most people think, I actually stuck to Dedede for the past entire year. Most of my characters are for friendlies or doubles.

Also thanks. I went to Halberd with my CP thinking it'd help.

ScizorVX

Smash Apprentice
hmm I'll start posting here now, i have some decent knowledge of link and i think i should share it with the boards

Rizen

Smash Legend
ScizorVX, the name's familiar. We've talked on Xat right? I go by '...' .
Welcome to the forums :)

BryE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ChaserTech
Gonna pop in and say that I've been having a wonderful time playing Sonic Generations and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 (trying to get decent lol)

Also I hope everyone had a good Christmas day.

ScizorVX

Smash Apprentice
ScizorVX, the name's familiar. We've talked on Xat right? I go by '...' .
Welcome to the forums :)
yeah we talked on the xat when i used to go on there, name was just Scizor on the xat and thank you for the welcome :]

Rizen

Smash Legend
My ideal next Zelda game for the wii U would have:

We need more activity!
My ideal next Zelda game for the wii U would have:
SS's motion sword play (and other things), and an extended version of SS's treasure/upgrade system- more types of treasure/bugs and more upgrades for everything. The skyward strike would be kept in some form too. Link should still be able to run faster but I'd get rid of the stamina meter. A new game+ option should be available too.

TP's graphics and design. I loved that style of lighting; the HD Zelda E3 demo looked so cool. TP's range attack aiming, bomb+arrow combo, underwater swordplay/clawshot combat, big interwoven world map system (SS was too level by level for me), and TP's general trend of large rooms/environments. Horseback fights.

A mix of TP and SS spin attack; it should auto charge/be powered up like in TP and be rotatable like SS.

MM's Mask transformations (or some version of) as a key part of the game. Why'd they get rid of those? Not to forget awesome underwater Zora action but this time with items like clawshots too. MM's developed secondary/additional characters who you can develop different relations with. The surreal, mystical, rich world to interact with; like in SS too but more so.

OoT's playable instrument system; even if it's not the Ocarina of Time Link should be able to play around with his instrument. OoT's magic! -spells like Din's Fire, ice arrows (that actually do something like in MM) etc and more; Link should have a magic meter again (upgradable) and a lot more options for using it. Gorons, Zoras and Dekus should be the civilized non-hylians.

ALttP had several fun things that could be brought to the next 3D Zelda. Fire/ice rods (maybe), medallions (like bombos which would take a lot of magic), Cane of ...um whatever made magic blocks. Great Fairies who don't look like Madonna wannabes. Chicken swam attacks!

Zelda 2's guard and heal spells.

The levels should be more like I pictured SS dungeons when they said you'd have to revisit them and they'd not be totally liner like Metroid Prim areas. In SS you revisit the skyview temple once with no new areas. I want to see big rooms (like TP dungeons), lots of stuff you can interact with, crazy puzzles like in MM, some randomness in enemies who appear. You should be able to go back into an earlier dungeon with a later item, say the clawshot, enter a totally unexplored area and find secret exit/entrances at different points on the overworld map. Certain dungeons could connect to each other. All part of a huge interwoven world.

Over world: closest to TP's in design but with stuff you can interact with all over. TP's Lake Hylia was 3/4s a barren mass of water. They need to have plants, bugs, fish and make it fun to explore large areas without it feeling like a chore to cross them. The towns should be less 'post apocalyptic' looking (TP's Kakariko) and more skyloft like.
Their should be a second world too, maybe a SS silent realm 'dark world' but where you can use items and fight the guardians.

Link: Basically TP's Link. Mask transformation cover armors and that category.
Epona's a must.

Items:
Gale Boomerang, Bow, Ball and Chain, Double clawshot (TP)
Bug net, bombs, Beetle (SS)
Items mention above. And several others. Most items should be combat viable and not just sword fights.

Actions: The standard actions + TP style secret skills, SS run up cliffs and faster normal running speed. Shield bash, skyward strike or some sword beam.

Bad guys: Ganon (duh), Majora's Mask needs to make a second appearance.
Boost the difficulty. Make boss and other enemies fun to fight even after you know how to beat them.

What does everyone else think? What's your ideal next Zelda game?

Dyclone

Smash Ace
Happy New Year, Link mains! You guys do anything special?
I had to go out and found it snowing a ton. It's a week too late IMO

I kinda like that second idea. Having a ton of fun and non backtracking side quest that take up more time than the actual main quest itself is more than enough for me :bee: (minigames are a nice bonus)

Rizen

Smash Legend
Another ALttP would be awesome. I thought he was dead when he traveled through the cave with a maze of holes and fireballs with 1/4th a heart.
I wish that they had given Link ALttP's reddish brown hair. For me the true Link has brown hair. Although I'm okay with Zelda being blond or brunette.

Nothing fun: depressed.
Items mention above. And several others. Most items should be combat viable and not just sword fights.
I thought I typed mentioned. Does anyone else do this sort of thing, type a whole word but only part of what I meant and not notice the mistake? Sometimes I'll type 'it' instead of 'its' and so on.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
The real reason to watch those videos is the music, especially if you like fast paced music (Metal, Jazz, Punk, Mathrock, etc...)

I think my critique would go something like this

"Don't spam dair"
"Use Zair"
"Pivot Grab"

Honestly, none of those are tournament, so getting it critiqued would be misleading because I would play like 50% more campy if it's in tournament, this is super aggro combo video hopes.

When I actually go to a tournament I'll record matches to get critiqued.

That being said, feel free and give pointers. My Link is still a piece of work, good thing I have that pocket bowser :9

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
*Mysterious re-emergence*

Sup guys. Skyward Sword is pretty super amazing. On a scale of 1 to Ocarina of Time, I'd give it a 9.

Also I'm as rusty as the piping on an old public school toilet at Brawl. I might need to pop it in and play some.

*Mysterious disappearance*

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Some of my friends almost want it to be equal to Ocarina in terms of goodness.

Still need to play it but from what I heard, it's better than Twilight Princess by a bit.

Top Bottom