• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Le Lazy Lurking Link's Listen/Laugh Lounge ♪~ (^ 。^=)

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I can't say I've been excited about a game coming out in a long time (since Brawl, honestly).
I haven't been excited for a game in a long time. I don't care about the graphics
I had to wait 15 years for a proper sequel to Mega Man 6...life altering experience.

New Zelda games come out and people seem to like them, even though I dislike 3D Zelda. I didn't play minish cap (I should probably) but I've been waiting for a 2D Zelda game since the Oracle series. If they would make a new LTTP engine Zelda game that would be orgasms.

BryE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ChaserTech
whachu talkin bout rob

WindWaker was amazing
Wind Waker is definitely amazing. I can't believe that even after all this time, I STILL find it to be one of my favorite RPG/Adventure game.

My current favorite list of LoZ games are:

1. Skyward Sword (I saw some gameplay of it and I think it's AMAZING!)

2. Wind Waker

3. Ocarina Of Time

4. Majora's Mask

5. Twilight Princesss

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I still haven't played Wind waker...=/ is it really that good?

Mine would prolly be

SS/OoT
OoT/SS
Twilight princess
Majoras mask

Rizen

Smash Legend
*opens 'go to next unread post'> thinks did I open the Wolf thread? No this must be the Zelda thread? No I DID open the Link thread after all:dizzy:*

My favorite Zeldas are in this order (star added for fun to rank difficulty relative to the zelda series easy*-******hard)
MM ****
TP (what can I say, the lighting and graphics were beautiful and aiming the bow was super accurate and fun) **
OoT ***
ALTTP **
Link's Awakening **
LoZ 1 *****
Orical of Seasons **
OoAges **
OoT Master quest (same old OoT but the harder dungeons were a fun twist) ****
4 sword adventures (the arcade style Zelda) *
GBA ALTTP 4 sword bonus game **
Zelda 2 ******
Link's crossbow training (if that even counts) *

Unlisted Zelda's are one's I haven't played to the end or at all.

Capuchon

Smash Cadet
For me, is :

OoT
Skyward Swords
Majora's Mask
Twilight Princess

I played only at these game x)

Dyclone

Smash Ace
Edit: ^ Mr.R used Link in an MM/Friendly (forgot) with an Ike player and used Link in Brawl In Berlin Low Tier Singles a year ago. I don't know much other than that
I'm not sure if some of the people listed even play link anymore... or have a recent video. All of them are great though.

Rizen

Smash Legend
^In situations where Link has a bomb and is being hit by a multiply hit attack, like MK's tornado or Peach's Dair etc, it could be good.

Link can't use the technique to momentum cancel faster because you can't DI in the middle of an airdodge.
If Link got launched holding a bomb, the best thing to do is angle the control stick down and towards the stage to fast fall and throw the item with 'C' backwards, then hold the control stick in the right direction (probably toward the stage for sideways launches) and tap 'C' backwards again to catch the bomb with a Bair. This way Link can fast fall and start to DI without waiting for the airdodge to end.

The reason it works for G&W is because 'B' special moves can be done faster out of airdodges than normal attacks and G&W's DownB cancels all momentum. They call it bucket breaking.

Dyclone

Smash Ace
It is still faster. The airdodge is canceled as long as you don't keep the analog stick neutral. You can fastfall during a throw, you're not doing an iBomb. I just haven't learned the timing for it.

BryE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ChaserTech
Smosh did a good job with that video. :D

Also guys, GET SKYWARD SWORD! That game is so awesome!

So far I've cleared several dungeons and I have got to admit that this is the BEST LoZ game that I have ever played. Even though I'm not even done with this game!
I'm also going to have to say this but this game is even better than Ocarina of Time, hands down. Not only it brings back some of the classic features (like bug hunting in Twilight Princess and using finishers against enemies) but it also offers new features.

WARNING: Gameplay Spoilers Below!
For instance you can upgrade your wooden and iron shields to be stronger than when you first got them. However you have to collect different items in order to upgrade them.

What's even cool about this whole system is that you also have to deal with switching back to your previous items. So you no longer have to deal with using a wooden shield and completely ditching it once you obtain a metal shield.
Shields also have durability so you need to be cautious about using your shields. But as I said before, your shields can be upgraded to have more durability.

The controls are also 1:1 in regard of using the Wii Motion+. Nintendo really pulled it off when it comes to integrating the Wii Motion+ controls in Skyward Sword. Mainly because it is so responsive compared to Twilight Princess (Wii version). The combat system is a bit refreshing too. Enemies take a little longer to fight against than the previous games. You actually need patience in order to defeat the enemies because they adjust to bad fighting performance. This means that you have to pay attention to the enemy, otherwise you'll just end up being punished from your mistakes. For instance, fighting against Bokoblins have become a bigger problem in comparison to Wind Waker or Twilight Princess. The reason behind this is that they actually block your attacks and also try to predict what angle you are attacking from.

Nintendo even added some other components in regard to storage. Items such as bottles and shields are stored in a "pouch". Extra pouches can be bought or obtained through your quest. Your main items (stuff like bombs, slingshot, bow) are stored regularly so I do not think that you need to worry about restricting your main items.
Even Link's wallet has an upgradable system as well.

I do recommend you guys to pick this game up if you are interested in playing it. This game scored a 10/10 rating AND it's the best Zelda game I've ever played.

BryE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ChaserTech
My hand's sore from playing SS so much, it's freaking addictive! Like Chaser said it's 10 for 10, an incredible game.
:D I know right!

I'm about halfway done with Skyward Sword. I don't want this game to end though. :(

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Better than OoT? UNPOSSIBLE.

Haven't gotten to play it yet. Finals and what not. I'll probably get it for Christmas, either from someone or for myself with some Christmas money.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I just beat Skyward Sword, all but 2 heart containers, all 'orange crystals', I chose the noble or hero answers (as opposed to middle or 'jerk' answers) and got probably most bonus equipment; I give it 10 for 10. They laid the foundation of the series nicely.

My only major complaint is the aiming getting off center a lot.
Be sure to copy your data to a different file before fighting the final boss btw...

BryE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ChaserTech
I just beat Skyward Sword, all but 2 heart containers, all 'orange crystals', I chose the noble or hero answers (as opposed to middle or 'jerk' answers) and got probably most bonus equipment; I give it 10 for 10. They laid the foundation of the series nicely.

My only major complaint is the aiming getting off center a lot.
Be sure to copy your data to a different file before fighting the final boss btw...
>_> So you can't go back to the last save point before you fight the final boss or something?

I'm near the end of the game. (Doing the last Trial atm, I really hate doing them)

Rizen

Smash Legend
^Once you beat the final boss and the credits roll it says you can save over the file and start a new game in 'Hero mode' and asks if you want to save. I didn't have a second file saved so I said 'no' then copied my file on the file select screen and beat the boss again then saved for hero mode. That way I still had a file with all my progress too.
I'm guessing hero mode is a harder difficulty, you keep most minor collectables from the game before too.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I like project m more than melee. But that's cuz i never played melee competitively so i don't have the loyalty to it.

SS is amazing. And i'm only just done with dungeon 1 :p can't wait to get more into it -.-

It very well may end up #1 on my zelda games i love list :p

Rizen

Smash Legend
Finally the one-time-in-2008-post wonder who previously had 'Rizen' for a name either changed it or his account was deleted. Now I have Rizen as my name for all 3 SSBs sites and my tag:bee:.
<

Top Bottom