• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Le Lazy Lurking Link's Listen/Laugh Lounge ♪~ (^ 。^=)

Capuchon

Smash Cadet
[QUOTE="Arizen]Sure, although our lag might be really bad because the distance. [/QUOTE]

I have 16 ms of ping, it should be okay, no ?

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Yo, Arizen, all I get is samus practice, I know that matchup with Wolf/Link/Marth about perfectly. I've never lost to a samus in LT EVER, not even a round. I know how to camp, I just love DAIR spam because no one in Nebraska can beat my Link other than that certain D3 who can beat my Wolf too :(

BryE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ChaserTech
Yo, Arizen, all I get is samus practice, I know that matchup with Wolf/Link/Marth about perfectly. I've never lost to a samus in LT EVER, not even a round. I know how to camp, I just love DAIR spam because no one in Nebraska can beat my Link other than that certain D3 who can beat my Wolf too :(
You must not have a lot of competition if no one can beat your Link other than D3. lol

We should play Samus vs Link sometime. My Samus isn't that bad. However I'm not that confident in my skill with her. The only LTs that I'm sorta confident in are Link and Captain Falcon.

lol I'm only confident with C.Falcon because it ***** unknown5's Link in a match once. And his Link was fairly impressive.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I do not in Nebraska, that's a fact.

However, I don't count local LT tournaments, the three tournametns I'm speaking of were in kansas, iowa and missouri, respectively.

BryE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ChaserTech

However, I don't count local LT tournaments, the three tournametns I'm speaking of were in kansas, iowa and missouri, respectively.
I normally have tournaments hosted by either Stingers (One of the best R.O.B mains in the US) or Archibald (TL Main). I normally get wrecked by some of the players who go to those tournaments. Whether it be Brawl or Melee. lol Our state's PR is pretty decent too.

I have a lot of competition in my state though. Before I entered the smash scene, I had to rely on wifi and scrubs in order to get somewhat good. Then I met some people and started getting better in college. Waaay better.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I normally have tournaments hosted by either Stingers (One of the best R.O.B mains in the US) or Archibald (TL Main). I normally get wrecked by some of the players who go to those tournaments. Whether it be Brawl or Melee. lol Our state's PR is pretty decent too.

I have a lot of competition in my state though. Before I entered the smash scene, I had to rely on wifi and scrubs in order to get somewhat good. Then I met some people and started getting better in college. Waaay better.
Stingers was supposed to have gone to Animazement but he didn't, johns (I was in NC for like a week over the summer). I did get to play against the rest of the PR other than Kadaj who didn't go either, won 2-1 vs Stock and V1ce in serious sets. btw dr. peepee won that tournament, I got knocked out by foxxy, stupid BO 1 tourneys.

also I didn't play link in singles at that, lol, so it doesn't matter other than I've met and played your non-top2 PR players.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I'm just saying that Zair's a good tool vs Samus like every other character.

We should have a 'Gauntlet' thread like AiB had. It basically was where Link players played wifi matches vs each other and helped teach different MUs by using their secondaries too. I know Zelda and a scrubby G&W/PT/Wolf, MegaRobMan has a good Wolf and Marth, Red Ryu knows Lucario well, Chaser apparently has a good C Falcon, Huggles plays Wario and Ganon... and so on.
I'd like to learn the Lucario MU better myself.

And we could play friendlies and dittos too.

Should I make a Gauntlet thread? What does everyone think?

BryE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ChaserTech
. . . We should have a 'Gauntlet' thread like AiB had. It basically was where Link players played wifi matches vs each other and helped teach different MUs by using their secondaries too. I know Zelda and a scrubby G&W/PT/Wolf, MegaRobMan has a good Wolf and Marth, Red Ryu knows Lucario well, Chaser apparently has a good C Falcon, Huggles plays Wario and Ganon... and so on.

Sounds pretty good to me honestly. But to correct you, my Falcon isn't that good.
It only 2-stocked Unknown5's Link because either I was extremely aggressive against him or he just didn't know the matchup between the two characters that well. But his Toon Link matched up against my Falcon fairly well. He actually 2-stocked me with him.
However, there was one guy at Gold Mine 4 in NC Charolette that I felt reeeally sorry for. My Falcon 3-stocked his Diddy. And at the last stock, I kneed him into the underside of Lylat Cruise in the middle of his UpB. His Diddy wasn't that good though.

If you wanna see some friendlies that I have of him against one of my friends. Like I said, my Falcon isn't that great. lol He's just aggressive.

Dr. Yogi (DDD) vs Chaser (C. Falcon) (Turn your volume low for this match. The song has too much treble.)
Dr. Yogi (DDD) vs Chaser (C. Falcon)
Dr. Yogi (Snake) vs Chaser (C. Falcon)
Dr. Yogi (Mario) vs Chaser (C. Falcon)
Dr. Yogi (Mario) vs Chaser (C. Falcon)

btw Dr. Yogi is a good friend of mine who mains Mario. We do a lot of C. Falcon vs Mario/Link vs Mario matches.
His Mario even came close to beating Esam's Pikachu in a tournament bracket match. :D

Also, the list of characters I play "seriously" (characters that I'm actually good with) are Link, Captain Falcon, Samus, Wolf, Shiek, Kirby, and Mario. So I might be able to help you guys out with different matchups. Although since I'm in college at the moment, I doubt I will be able to play online anytime soon. :(

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
You must not have a lot of competition if no one can beat your Link other than D3. lol

We should play Samus vs Link sometime. My Samus isn't that bad. However I'm not that confident in my skill with her. The only LTs that I'm sorta confident in are Link and Captain Falcon.

lol I'm only confident with C.Falcon because it ***** unknown5's Link in a match once. And his Link was fairly impressive.

Nebraska is the worst place for competitive brawl folks just to let you guys know.

Dyclone

Smash Ace
We should have a 'Gauntlet' thread like AiB had. It basically was where Link players played wifi matches vs each other and helped teach different MUs by using their secondaries too. I know Zelda and a scrubby G&W/PT/Wolf, MegaRobMan has a good Wolf and Marth, Red Ryu knows Lucario well, Chaser apparently has a good C Falcon, Huggles plays Wario and Ganon... and so on.

I think I have a fair Marth/Fox/Ike/other if do say to myself B)
I think I remember seeing that thread but I didn't start posting there.

Capuchon

Smash Cadet
Speaking of matchup, uh, where i can get the complete description of matchups of Link ?

BryE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ChaserTech
I had to search for ages to find the Sonic MU... I wish it was discussed a little more
I tried looking for a Sheik Match-Up thread. I thought about using Sheik in order to counter against D3 or Falco.

Apparently the chart is non-existent. And I don't think that the current Match-Up thread that lists all of the characters is accurate for Sheik. :(

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
All you have to do is just ban Yoshi's Island and then spam lasers and bair (into his shield and if he tries to grab you, f-smash) until he's at killing % and then you either D-smash or Fair.

This is assuming you aren't playing against one of the top 3 sonics, you may have to actually learn wolf to beat them with wolf :p

Dyclone

Smash Ace
I might actually pocket Wolf for Sonic just because of that. Sonic is too rare for me to practice the MU...

BryE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ChaserTech
Hey guys.

Since we are all Link mains here, I just wanted to say one thing.

Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HAS BEEN LEAKED AND CAN BE ACCESSED ONLINE!

That is right, the full retail game: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword has been leaked and it's now available online.
I don't know how this actually happened but it did. I even took the time to download and test the game out and it works.
However I'm sure it will discourage people to get it to work since it's such a long process for them.

I WILL NOT provide any links to the download. If you want to find it, find it yourself!

Also, here are a few screenshots from various sources for you guys.

Rizen

Smash Legend
How would a wii motion+ game work from online? I'll bet Nintendo's ripping out their hair right now over the leak.
^that bat thinks he's soooo hot but you know what? He's not.

Dyclone

Smash Ace
What happened to the master sword? It's tradition just like no talking (sadface).
Anyway, I think it looks pretty good... I think I'd rather buy the game than try to download it since I don't want to waste that kind of space.

BryE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ChaserTech
How would a wii motion+ game work from online? I'll bet Nintendo's ripping out their hair right now over the leak.
^that bat thinks he's soooo hot but you know what? He's not.
I assume that the game works just like any other game. Except pirated.
Wii Motion Plus is just something that you plug in your Wiimote that gives it a better feedback from the controller. Nothing special.

I haven't tested the Wii Motion+ controls at all since I don't have Wii Motion Plus. I should get it this week though. The game boots up just fine but I need Wii Motion Plus in order for the game to go past the "Device Input Check" screen.

What happened to the master sword? It's tradition just like no talking (sadface).
Anyway, I think it looks pretty good... I think I'd rather buy the game than try to download it since I don't want to waste that kind of space.
Honestly, I don't know. I'm pretty sure Ganondorf and the Master Sword will be implemented later on in the story line. Or at least, I hope Ganondorf shows up at the end. He's my favorite villain.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I tried looking for a Sheik Match-Up thread. I thought about using Sheik in order to counter against D3 or Falco.

Apparently the chart is non-existent. And I don't think that the current Match-Up thread that lists all of the characters is accurate for Sheik. :(
Just wait till after december. I can guarantee that one will be accurate as i witnessed the discussions that took place this time around since i was on the pit panel(so i got to read others) and Ed(best sheik along with judo) were both on the sheik panel and argued for their character.
Hey guys.

Since we are all Link mains here, I just wanted to say one thing.

Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HAS BEEN LEAKED AND CAN BE ACCESSED ONLINE!

That is right, the full retail game: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword has been leaked and it's now available online.
I don't know how this actually happened but it did. I even took the time to download and test the game out and it works.
However I'm sure it will discourage people to get it to work since it's such a long process for them.

I WILL NOT provide any links to the download. If you want to find it, find it yourself!

Also, here are a few screenshots from various sources for you guys.

Meh. Zelda is one of those franchises i would support of over doing this. Same with sonic, mario, etc.

I only generally get stuff online free if it's ps2 or older.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
I gotta admit, I'm pretty excited about this game. I can't say I've been excited about a game coming out in a long time (since Brawl, honestly). I'm getting to the point where I really can't sit around and play games all the time so I have to pick which games I want to play carefully, haha.

I thought the graphics would be new and refreshing and interesting. From the screenshots, the graphics look pretty incredible.

Sadly, I probably won't really get to play it until near Christmas time, what with finals coming and all.

Dyclone

Smash Ace
^I agree with you there, Huggles. I haven't been excited for a game in a long time. I don't care about the graphics unless it's really dark since my TV is already dark enough.

I wish I had enough money to buy the game and the... wii motion plus? I'll have to save up if I'm going to get this game. I'll probably have it by February :)

[COLLAPSE="...Zelda? I don't think..."]
She actually looks like a teenage girl, surprisingly. A bit younger than Link.

Here's a picture.
Her nose is a bit big though.

[/COLLAPSE]

I've seen her, just that I didn't think that was her...
I'll keep hoping.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
That's zelda. And ya i'm pretty hyped for Zelda. I had to choose between zelda or skyrim which sucked. But skyrim is soooooo much that i can wait for christmas presents to ask for that LOL. College student budgets suuuuuck.

BryE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ChaserTech
That's zelda. And ya i'm pretty hyped for Zelda. I had to choose between zelda or skyrim which sucked. But skyrim is soooooo much that i can wait for christmas presents to ask for that LOL. College student budgets suuuuuck.
College budgets do suck honestly.
I'm down to about $120 in my back account and I'm desperately waiting until midterms to receive financial aid.

And yeah, Dyclone that really is Zelda.
Personally I think it's a refreshing change since Zelda was often depicted as "Princess of Hyrule". This new storyline kinda fits the Zelda universe.
LoZ: Skyward Sword even got a 10/10 rating!

But I wouldn't be downloading these games if it weren't so easy. Nintendo needs to step their game up when it comes to anti piracy. Hopefully they will finally fix this problem whenever they come out with the WiiU. Because I believe the main reason why Nintendo lost so much money in sales is because they went after the casual players along with having a ****ty anti theft system with the Wii. They lost at least 900 million last year. Which is wwaaaaay too much money to lose.

Rizen

Smash Legend
But I wouldn't be downloading these games if it weren't so easy.
^ for some reason I find this reasoning funny.

SS is going to be awesome! 5 more days to wait, 3 for Europe. The deal with the Master Sword in SS is- *don't read this because it's a spoiler*
I told you not to read this, now you'll just have to wait;) (or take about 1:30 minutes to find the info online).

[FONT=&quot]Lol [/FONT][FONT=&quot][URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=4vmPyGQTT6s#t=259s]Last-ditch victory.[/FONT][/URL]

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
College budgets do suck honestly.
I'm down to about $120 in my back account and I'm desperately waiting until midterms to receive financial aid.

And yeah, Dyclone that really is Zelda.
Personally I think it's a refreshing change since Zelda was often depicted as "Princess of Hyrule". This new storyline kinda fits the Zelda universe.
LoZ: Skyward Sword even got a 10/10 rating!

But I wouldn't be downloading these games if it weren't so easy. Nintendo needs to step their game up when it comes to anti piracy. Hopefully they will finally fix this problem whenever they come out with the WiiU. Because I believe the main reason why Nintendo lost so much money in sales is because they went after the casual players along with having a ****ty anti theft system with the Wii. They lost at least 900 million last year. Which is wwaaaaay too much money to lose.
I'm actually really well behaved with my money which helps a bunch. SS is the...3rd game? I've bought in like a year and a half lol. I'm kinda proud of myself though. I made all my scholarship money last, have everything paid, paid for apex in full, bought SS, and still have 530 bux left in scholarship money that i can use for anything <3
^ for some reason I find this reasoning funny.

SS is going to be awesome! 5 more days to wait, 3 for Europe. The deal with the Master Sword in SS is- *don't read this because it's a spoiler*
I told you not to read this, now you'll just have to wait;) (or take about 1:30 minutes to find the info online).

[FONT=&quot]Lol [/FONT][FONT=&quot][URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=4vmPyGQTT6s#t=259s]Last-ditch victory.[/FONT][/URL]
Thanks for the spoiler alert LOL. I almost read it :p

Top Bottom