• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Le Lazy Lurking Link's Listen/Laugh Lounge ♪~ (^ 。^=)

BryE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ChaserTech
I've been maining Link since the game came out...but not usually in tournament, unless its LT. I can't help it that I'm better with Wolf.
I've also been maining Link since the game came out as well. However I'm recently starting to head into tournaments. I'm also using Link in tournaments too.

I know, I know. It sounds stupid since Link is a low tier. But it honestly does not stop me, especially now since Link doesn't have to worry about MK anymore. I always wanted to get better with Link since he is my strongest character. But sooner or later I'll start using a higher tiered character as a secondary so I can better my chances in competing in a tournament.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
No, I main Link because it does half damage, if I used Link, it would be an unfair fight, and because I've beaten* LOZ both quests without picking up the sword without dying. Also beaten LTTP minimalist.

:toonlink::drmario: I play :link: because other than mega man, LOZ is the best series from the NES-SNES era, aka the best era ever of gaming, though the Saturn-Dreamcast era was godly too.

Rizen

Smash Legend
My Link's much better than my secondaries but my Wolf still is better vs Olimar/Fox/MK because the MUs are so much closer:c.
Pfft. We all main Link since Smash 64 because Link is the most badass character! Duh!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

LoZ is the best series in gaming the only LoZs I don't like are the Toon Link ones. That style really bugs me:glare:. The train part of Spirit Tracks seems very out of place. Trains weren't invented for several hundred years after the sword/shield era Link's in.
But I'm somewhat being a hypocrite for not actually playing them and complaining.

Lately I've found a good option for Link vs characters with poor reaching attacks who like to SH is to jump>Nair>fast fall>Utilt. Utilt also has good reach behind Link as well as above.

BryE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ChaserTech
I wish we had more Link mainers though.

Everyone is so focused on a higher tiered character that Link barely gets any love. :[

Capuchon

Smash Cadet
BryE said:
I wish we had more Link mainers though.

Everyone is so focused on a higher tiered character that Link barely gets any love. :[
I'm just agree, i think it's beaucause (I think) that Link is hard to play, but i'm sure, Link can win, except for MU like ROB (70:30) but the MU's at 60:40 are possible, i am sure.

Link also has not been much exploited, in edgeguard he can do many things, I had tons of ideas on that, and I'm sure with a little work, Link will be better.

I will show all what I found as an idea, once I have what it takes to make videos.

(And for people who don't understand me, sorry, i'm from belgium x3 )

Rizen

Smash Legend
We need more activity here:c.

Link has one of the highest learning curves (if not THE highest) and gives little reward. He's too laggy to compete competitively.
But we love him anyway;).

Red Ryu has a Tails avatar, what happened to that detective dog?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I like Tails from the Genesis era. :)

Sorry I was maining Lucario well before I picked up Link in this game. So I can't say I am a true Link main ever. :(

MegaRoB, which megaman X game should I speed run today between x1-x6? Throw me for a loop.

quirkynature

Smash Ace
Here's hoping they give Link decent moves in the new SSB game coming out for Wii U.

Sad hope, but here's hoping anyway. At least that way we Link mains can be hipster and say "we mained Link before he became badass. Not gonna happen, but w/e.

Dyclone

Smash Ace
^
[COLLAPSE="Is it still invalid?"]
[/COLLAPSE]
Yeah, this is it. The thing has been up for a few days.
I kinda like it :)

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I like Tails from the Genesis era. :)

MegaRoB, which megaman X game should I speed run today between x1-x6? Throw me for a loop.
Mega Man X2 > X > X4 > X3 >X5 >end.

If CAN do ALL the TRICKS, Mega Man X would be impressive. No one in the world can do MMX2 perfect at the moment because they just figured out a new AT that requires a new button layout so you can infinitely jump out of air-dash!!!!!!!

Rizen

Smash Legend
That pic is cool :cool:.

I started looking at Zelda speed runs after finding that 'bomb AT' on youtube. Some of the things they do are freaking crazy! They're not for me but are fun to watch and see the glitches exploited.
http://speeddemosarchive.com/ZeldaOcarinaOfTime.html
http://speeddemosarchive.com/ZeldaMajorasMask.html
check out 44:27-46:02^ (notice he already has the Zora Mask. These were done without hacks and only using glitches programed in the original game.)

I wish I'd known about the X2 infinite jump glitch, that sounds sweet.

Skyward Sword is only 19 days away (USA). I can't wait!

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I swear I'm not trolling about it, but finding info on it is like classified, you gotta watch the livestreams of some of the nerds on jtv.

BryE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ChaserTech
Yo guys. Just came back from Gold Mine 4 yesterday. It was pretty dope.

Also, I saw some Southern Virginia Link player that was taking on against some of the top players in my state (Stingers, Kadaj, Mekos, Esam, Killinator, Stockfield, and etc)

Most of the matches that he played against them were actually close. I was fairly surprised that he managed to do so well as a Link player. And it also gave me more confidence as a Link main too. :D

He isn't on Smashboards as far as I'm concern, but apparently he does have an account on AiB. It's called Unknown9 (or something like that). I googled him but nothing came up. I don't know if there's a specific way to spell his username or what. lol

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
If it was some young short looking asian kid, I saw him at Animazement when I was in NC over the summer, he was pretty good!

BryE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ChaserTech
^^White Link? I think he's unknown5, sometimes we wifi ditto.
Yeah that's definitely him. His Link is pretty legit. I played him in Link dittos and he said that my CQC was really good. It's just I gotta work on spacing and projectile use.
Legan also commented on one of my videos and said that I had potential. I just need to work on my bad habits.

I need to figure out a set plan on which items to use. I find myself doing a set "plan" and I try way too hard on spamming the enemy without thinking.

Oh well, back to the drawing boards. Next time when I enter in a tournament, I plan on placing high by using Link and Wario.

Rizen

Smash Legend

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero

BryE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ChaserTech
As promised http://www.youtube.com/user/ultramegablobman?feature=mhee#p/u

Specifically
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOwgun25MuE (this was the match I was talking about)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItZGepznfRw (When I break his sheild I forgot I turned off TAUNT so I can escape IC's better)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpwLkLy_-fw

But you should check out the Link combo vid and the wolf ones too. Also the Marth/Rob match are ROFL!

lol You use Dair, DACUS, and Smashes waaaaaay too much man. Not to mention you don't use your aerials or Bombs/Arrows that often. You also could have used Zair too.

Also, I didn't see a rage quit in that MK match. He/she clearly beat you in the video.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
*Mysterious re-emergence*

Sup guys. Long time no see. I've been kinda busy, haha. Crushing skulls in Fantasy Football (7-2, aww, yeah). Studying until I cry. Pwning pharmacy school. Girls. Watching my Clemson Tigers go from pushover to National contender for a bit (we're 8-1). More studying. Tearing through NES Zelda Second Quest, LttP, and Mario Galaxy 1 and 2. Not playing Brawl at all (:urg:) Still girls. Still more studying.

So yeah. It's been a while.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
lol You use Dair, DACUS, and Smashes waaaaaay too much man. Not to mention you don't use your aerials or Bombs/Arrows that often. You also could have used Zair too.

Also, I didn't see a rage quit in that MK match. He/she clearly beat you in the video.
I could have told you about the DAIR spam, but I guess in these matches I do that. I don't Zair ever because I play Link vs Samus and her zair ***** mine. I don't have infinite replay on so I can only save 3 minute or less matches.

Oh, and he totally rage quit. Once I hit the dair he fell out of his chair and said "**** this game".

Crushing skulls in Fantasy Football (7-2, aww, yeah). Tearing through NES Zelda Second Quest, LttP,
This is awesome. I'm 6-3, and the master quest is my favorite thing ever.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Hi Huggles!
I would like to play with you Arizen 8D.
Sure:), although our lag might be really bad because the distance:urg:.
More like I lost interest. And I don't have any consoles with me at university, so. I might search for like a Melee group or something, but.
Brawl Link's easy to lose interest in:urg:. A lot of people don't actually play SSBs that post and you're always welcome here;).
I could have told you about the DAIR spam, but I guess in these matches I do that. I don't Zair ever because I play Link vs Samus and her zair ***** mine. I don't have infinite replay on so I can only save 3 minute or less matches.
Only having 3 minutes can be frustrating, I had that problem a long time ago:c.
Dair spamming can be fun vs scrubs, especially on wifi:awesome:. Good players will punish you for it. Good intercepting Dair that finished Marth btw.
If you want critiques post in the video thread.

Samus likes to Zair before she lands or when she can't be punished. The trick is don't challenge her when she's landing if you're far, instead shield dash in and use a quick attack. If Link's in his Zair's range then Zair when she's on the ground and when your not horizontally lined up with her Zair in the air. Samus is tall/floaty and you can often go slightly under her Zair. Only Link's Zair hits twice plus it cancel all Samus' range attacks except charged shots so it's useful if Link's at the right distance. (Bombs go through her Zair too).

Top Bottom