• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Le Lazy Lurking Link's Listen/Laugh Lounge ♪~ (^ 。^=)

BryE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ChaserTech
^Once you beat the final boss and the credits roll it says you can save over the file and start a new game in 'Hero mode' and asks if you want to save. I didn't have a second file saved so I said 'no' then copied my file on the file select screen and beat the boss again then saved for hero mode. That way I still had a file with all my progress too.
I'm guessing hero mode is a harder difficulty, you keep most minor collectables from the game before too.
I already had my mind made up when I played the first 20 minutes of this game that I will play it over again. I honestly do not even want to beat this game since it's so fun.

Rizen

Smash Legend
But Generations Emerald is a Link-themed forum skin.
I didn't even know about that:ohwell:. My skin's the basic black one.

Edit:
Dead thread :(

A few TP/SS comparisons; contains a few minor spoilers but nothing big:

Fi gets awesome points for "Master, the batteries in your wii remote are nearly depleted." She was less annoying then Link's other partners but in an odd way.

I liked SS's art style BUT basically every element of TP's art I liked better. The ultimate Zelda game for me would be a TP/SS hybrid. SS had several things that were better than TP but it also lost some good TP traits.
In my opinion TP had better art/design/lighting, better aiming and range weapon use, bomb-arrows, underwater combat, the Gale Boomerang and Ball and chain, no sit-to-recover-hearts (that seems dumb), a transforming option (although MM still has the best transformations and underwater *Zora* puzzles in the series, what's the deal?), Epona combat options should have transferred to Loftwing combat, Clawshots grabbed items and worked underwater, larger environments that were more connected and less like separate 'levels', and TP felt a lot more epic in most ways (think Stallord boss as opposed to SS desert level boss).

With that said, SS did have major improvements but I won't spoil anything for people who haven't played through it.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Yeah this thread needs more activity. I'm having trouble motivating myself to write or do artwork atm.
My other characters have improved significantly but good people can still wreck them; it's hard to learn all the MUs for each character I play.

I might try hero mode on SS or I might help some people with Monster Hunter Tri.

BryE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ChaserTech
We've been quiet, hm? I'm doing alright, worried about finals, I suppose.
Yeah I hear ya on finals. I just finished up my finals this week. The only thing that's left are my projects that I have to turn in my programming class.

Programming Android apps are a pain. Dx

Yeah this thread needs more activity. I'm having trouble motivating myself to write or do artwork atm.
My other characters have improved significantly but good people can still wreck them; it's hard to learn all the MUs for each character I play.

I might try hero mode on SS or I might help some people with Monster Hunter Tri.

I do agree with you on the activity part. Not many people have been coming to the Link boards lately. D: We need more people!

Also, you do artwork too? I'm an artist myself. :D

Rizen

Smash Legend
Where is Scabe? Maybe we can lure him out, lol.

Art's fun :) .

...when I can stop feeling depressed and make myself do it:urg:

Rizen

Smash Legend
So, you guys watch any Mel Brooks films?

I just started watching men in tights to see what it was about.
I've seen Blazing saddles, Spaceballs and Men in Tights. All were very funny. Notice how much Mike Mires (Austen Powers) rips off other comedies like MiTights (Although all I can think of is the shadow gag atm).

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
Hello all.
After playing Twilight Princess again I've decided to pick Link up, he seems pretty fun o.o
I plan on using him from now on in my matches (although they're WiFi :/)
Hope you don't mind me hanging around ^^;

As for Mel Brooks films, I've seen Blazing Saddles, Men in Tights, and Spaceballs but I didn't like Spaceballs that much. The rest were hilarious though.

:038:

Rizen

Smash Legend
^Hi, welcome :) .
You probably know this but I should warn you that Link is arguably THE hardest character to learn and be good with and he still has bad results :( .

If you're starting Link you'll see about a million tricks and ATs but most are gimmicky and not useful. What you should seriously focus on is spacing (which factors in lag). Keep opponents out of Link's 'bubble' and know what the tip of his reach is. Here's a list of Link's ATs:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=277706

And feel free to post videos in the video thread for critiques. Wifi's okay, try to have minimal lag though.
I'm a wifi Link so if our connection's good leave me a message if you want to wifi Brawl :)

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
Yeah I'd love to brawl sometime.
I can't upload any videos but I have the infinite replay code on my wii so I record most of my matches. Maybe I can get someone to upload a few.
My main problem right now is exactly when you said I should focus on, lol. I have a tendency to throw boomerangs when my opponent is in tilting range (or when I should be spacing).
Just stuff I gotta work on.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Hello all.
After playing Twilight Princess again I've decided to pick Link up, he seems pretty fun o.o
I plan on using him from now on in my matches (although they're WiFi :/)
Hope you don't mind me hanging around ^^;

As for Mel Brooks films, I've seen Blazing Saddles, Men in Tights, and Spaceballs but I didn't like Spaceballs that much. The rest were hilarious though.

Hello Red Savarin, welcome to the Li--D'AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

Your avatar is really cute.

Dyclone

Smash Ace
My main problem right now is exactly when you said I should focus on, lol. I have a tendency to throw boomerangs when my opponent is in tilting range (or when I should be spacing).
Just stuff I gotta work on.

Just get used to his options for each situation.
It's nice to see another Link user in the boards

Completely unrelated
:smirk: <- I've never seen this before...
Minnesota weather is too good... it's raining instead of snowing in December. I didn't like snow anyway :bee:

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
I like snow but I hate the cold :S
I'm in Florida so I don't have to worry about it getting cold too often :)

Also thank you Tery ^^; I thought it was pretty neat.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
I hate snow so much. I actually hope I don't see it until Christmas day.
:mad: I wish we had snow in Australia

At least Huggles is still pink!
I can't believe that it's still pink. I can't believe mine's still red :B

Where is Scabe? Maybe we can lure him out, lol.

Art's fun :) .

...when I can stop feeling depressed and make myself do it:urg:
You have lured me out. I'll check back more often now, just been busy with life. I still kick *** in Smash, but I hardly ever get the chance to play it.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Hi Scabe :) !

Lol, some speed run glitches are insane! I actually watched all 1hour 30something minutes of a MM speed run because the glitches and tricks they used were so crazy.

I like snow but I don't enjoy it like I used to. I should go build a snowman for the h*** of it.

Dyclone

Smash Ace
It's hard to rate someone based on a combo video. It is a video highlighting your better moments and that makes it harder to rate you as a player. I didn't watch it yet, though. I'm just sayin'

:noness:
Try not to go for follow ups so much, you could have been punished a lot throughout the video
Avoid using dair and Usmash/Dacus so much, it gave you less time to react.
Same goes for roll dodging, plus... it's not good at all. It's slow and leave you vulnerable
Don't go for those risky moves.
Blah... I wish I wasn't so negative sometimes.
Yeah, it is hard to give any accurate critique

Yes! I get to have my posts on the same page as Scabe :D

FirePit

Smash Rookie
It's hard to rate someone based on a combo video. It is a video highlighting your better moments and that makes it harder to rate you as a player. I didn't watch it yet, though. I'm just sayin'

:noness:
Try not to go for follow ups so much, you could have been punished a lot throughout the video
Avoid using dair and Usmash/Dacus so much, it gave you less time to react.
Same goes for roll dodging, plus... it's not good at all. It's slow and leave you vulnerable
Don't go for those risky moves.
Blah... I wish I wasn't so negative sometimes.
Yeah, it is hard to give any accurate critique

Yes! I get to have my posts on the same page as Scabe :D
Thanks! that helps! should i just upload some matches, would that be easier?

Top Bottom