• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Le Lazy Lurking Link's Listen/Laugh Lounge ♪~ (^ 。^=)

Abel1994

Smash Lord
Link is so cool and I wish I could main him if it wasnt for the low tier which ment I will have a bad game over all these mk's these days...

Whats the MU of toon link and link?

Ryos4

Smash Lord
idk i think olimar is a little worse with no pikmin. As state he has not hit box, and 0 pikmin usually gets him the same distance as he would have with 2 or 3 pikmin. If someone is trying to hog olimar. His only hope is to foot stool, knock off with a purple pikmin, or melee attack. So basically if someone is hogging olimar he most likely going to die. His air speed might be a little better but he lacks any real good momentum canceler or weight.

Ivy is a little better off then olimar with his vine whip being constant length and his razor leaf.

Ganon and CF are pretty good if you consider that they can use their up special again if they manage to run into someone.

People who try to edge hog link have projectiles to worry about, and have to time it pretty well or the final hit of spin attack will def kill them almost regardless of their %. I cant count how many times people tried to edge hog me and i ended up stage spiking them at super low %s.

I have to say that zelda has the worst recovery in the game aside from the tether ones. It only goes straight and a certain distance and can easily go through semi permeable stages.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Falcon, yeah, I agree. Actually, I think overall Falcon has a good recovery. Its biggest knock is he gets that stupid lag glitch when he lands that certain characters like Marth, Ganon, and Wolf also have (or the next time he lands if he grabs the edge and rolls/ gets up onto the stage; wtf).

Ganon, not so much. Against certain opponents, Ganon wants to avoid hitting with his upb if he can; it has zero hitlag. If he hits ROB or Marth for example with his upb they can fair him after getting hit, which, while you can DI properly because you know you messed up and grabbed them, is absolutely ******** because it makes zero sense that Ganon gets punished for successfully upb'ing someone. Plus he also gets that landing lag glitch, which makes the next time he lands have terribad lag, even if it's just an empty short hop (and he has no aerials that are good for cancelling out the lag either).

And yeah, Zelda's upb sucks because it's really linear, slow, and predictable, but with good DI her recovery overall isn't awful because she has decent air speed and is pretty floaty. It's still not a great recovery though.

Olimar with no Pikmin's recovery distance-wise is similar to Link's because he's floaty and has a large second jump, it's just no Pikmin means no hurtbox so he can't stop edgehoggers unless he's right there anyway. With Pikmin, he has more options since he can whistle to purple Pikmin (and also for super armor, even without Pikmin) which will knock opponents off the edge and grab it at the same time iirc. I really don't know a lot about Olimar though since I hate him, have never played a good one, and refuse to play as him (I always play Pikminless Olimar when I random him because I hate him so much, haha).

And Abel, weren't you banned just a little while ago? How'd you get unbanned so quickly?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
They were temp bans.

Yeah if you know Zelda her recovery is pretty linear if you can predict her well, because she won't go sky high above you to recover. She'll be aiming for the ground and it's just figuring out the angle she will go at.

We can recover better than Ganon, all Ganon has is his Uair to save him from gimp attampts, we got projectiles, zair, fair nair if need be to force ourselves back.

Rizen

Smash Legend
and Olimar's in a similar boat as Ganon; longer recovery, no hitbox or options= worse recovery.
You covered what I was going to say:
Olimar with no Pikmin's recovery distance-wise is similar to Link's because he's floaty and has a large second jump, it's just no Pikmin means no hurtbox so he can't stop edgehoggers unless he's right there anyway. With Pikmin, he has more options since he can whistle to purple Pikmin (and also for super armor, even without Pikmin) which will knock opponents off the edge and grab it at the same time iirc.
Oli's floatyness gives him a lot more side distance too but his survivability's worse for sure.
Yeah if you know Zelda her recovery is pretty linear if you can predict her well, because she won't go sky high above you to recover. She'll be aiming for the ground and it's just figuring out the angle she will go at.

We can recover better than Ganon, all Ganon has is his Uair to save him from gimp attampts, we got projectiles, zair, fair nair if need be to force ourselves back.
Zelda has great horizontal floatyness which includes airdodges and air attacks (that may occasionally help) that aid her double-jump recover but her UpB's punishable. It does save her, though.
She's in a bad place recovering low and can't rely on Din'sF for cover.

Ganon's recovery's bad. His kamikaze forwardB deserves to be noted, if it's the last stock and/or tied he doesn't want to recover necessarily.

Xcallion

Smash Ace
Abel trolls here too? I dont think there's a single character board he's ignored 0_o
Who are the good Link mains that i could watch some matches of?

Riot

Smash Rookie
I keep getting told to watch Izaw, but other than that i really cant think of any besides X that comes to mind but i am not sure of him.

P.S. just remembered legan. xD

Xcallion

Smash Ace
thanks guys. i want to pick up Link for friendly matches/low tier tourneys so you may see me idle around here and post sometimes.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Welcome and good luck.

ATs to learn:
Anything with bombs
DAC
Any ledgestall/ledge hop
Z edge hogging
Quickdraw
Jab cancels
Jab lock
Footstool bomb
Arrow lock
Maybe a few more...

The rest are almost useless. Link's all about spacing.

Xcallion

Smash Ace
i read through the guide you guys have here and i'll start working on my tech skill with with link tommorow. thanks for the advice.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
My tech skill is pretty bad normally, but his techs aren't too hard by themselves.

Putting them all together and applying them, kinda hard, but not too bad considering other games.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
So guys.... it's FRAHYDAY!

I, I, I so excited. I'm gonna have a ball today.

On a side note, anyone else think this forum feels a little different? Must just be today. It IS the weekend after all.

EDIT: Friday :troll:

Xcallion

Smash Ace
i think that friday may be the worst song ever... Smash World Forums are being evil atm -.-

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Its also very very slow now...

Also the text editing thing is so ********. Can't say super without sounding stupid. |ink is now link. My world doesn't make sense anymore. Linky is now Pit, that is all...

It makes no sense now and it will make even less sense later.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
ಠ_ಠ

Ryu's moving all the way up to Super Mod and I'm still relegated to "been pranked for all but like 1 month since I've been on Smash?" Something doesn't seem right here...

EDIT: ****

.....BAHAHAHAHA!

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Good work Red Ryu on being a Smod! :D (Yes I'm a little late :embarrass:)

I finally have the Wii with all my old replays. It has a few matches with the Americans that came to Australian last year. Totally gonna record some and upload them in the upcoming days.

Sorry I haven't been around, I mostly lurk these days. I have heaps of school/work/and a girlfriend (awww yeah :cool:) to keep up with.

Anyways I miss you guys, I hope everythings been good. Sorry I haven't been here much. I want to say that it was a pretty cool era when I was more active and got to know you dudes. I'm disappointed in myself with how inactive I've been. I'll make more of an effort though to contribute since it seems like people are trying to repair the Link community as a whole.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
How did people's Spring Breaks go?
I was unaware there was a Spring Break... then again, I'm not in school. XD

I suppose it went well nonetheless; went back to the gym, went to Osaka's - a restaurant where your food's cooked in front of you (I forget what those kind of restaurants are called), and got to watch Wrestlemania with a couple of friends. Overall, my week went well. :3

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
I was unaware there was a Spring Break... then again, I'm not in school. XD

I suppose it went well nonetheless; went back to the gym, went to Osaka's - a restaurant where your food's cooked in front of you (I forget what those kind of restaurants are called), and got to watch Wrestlemania with a couple of friends. Overall, my week went well. :3
Wut

10wuts

Also, Kefka and dancing mad? I have no idea who you are Sol Diviner, but I already approve, haha.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Good work Red Ryu on being a Smod! :D (Yes I'm a little late :embarrass:)

I finally have the Wii with all my old replays. It has a few matches with the Americans that came to Australian last year. Totally gonna record some and upload them in the upcoming days.

Sorry I haven't been around, I mostly lurk these days. I have heaps of school/work/and a girlfriend (awww yeah :cool:) to keep up with.

Anyways I miss you guys, I hope everythings been good. Sorry I haven't been here much. I want to say that it was a pretty cool era when I was more active and got to know you dudes. I'm disappointed in myself with how inactive I've been. I'll make more of an effort though to contribute since it seems like people are trying to repair the Link community as a whole.
I noticed the GF on facebook. :cool:

Yeah we do miss you Scabe. Stop on by sometime when you can.

~

I love the new layout, it's pretty.

Top Bottom