• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Le Lazy Lurking Link's Listen/Laugh Lounge ♪~ (^ 。^=)

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
So I've already got a couple tourneys I might be going to soon, haha. There's a tourney on the 12th, I think it has free admission and no door fee, and another SALT tourney (like the one I just went to) on the first weekend in April (the 2nd I think?) I keep going to tourneys and every time I get hungrier to go back and prove myself some more, haha. I wanna finally break past that 9th place spot and get into the top 8, haha.

I'm thinking of maybe using a secondary next time if the matchups get too dicey. My losses were all to 30:70 MUs or worse (2x to Sheik, 2x to MK). I'm thinking Captain Falcon or Wolf would probalby be my best bet, maybe Sonic. 'Course, I could just go solid Link so I can say "I went Link every match," haha. Hey Scabe, what's your advice for those pesky matchups? I really have no idea what to do about Sheik especially, haha.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
So I've already got a couple tourneys I might be going to soon, haha. There's a tourney on the 12th, I think it has free admission and no door fee, and another SALT tourney (like the one I just went to) on the first weekend in April (the 2nd I think?) I keep going to tourneys and every time I get hungrier to go back and prove myself some more, haha. I wanna finally break past that 9th place spot and get into the top 8, haha.

I'm thinking of maybe using a secondary next time if the matchups get too dicey. My losses were all to 30:70 MUs or worse (2x to Sheik, 2x to MK). I'm thinking Captain Falcon or Wolf would probalby be my best bet, maybe Sonic. 'Course, I could just go solid Link so I can say "I went Link every match," haha. Hey Scabe, what's your advice for those pesky matchups? I really have no idea what to do about Sheik especially, haha.
One time in a tourney I lost to the same guy who used both Sheik and MK in the same set :mad: It was somewhat close but mega gay. Don't worry about going all Link, it isn't really a great achievement in the end. Pickup Pikachu, totally Link's best secondary, ***** Sheik in theory and goes even with MK.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Gross, not the shock-rat! I still hate that guy from Pokeymanz Yellow, not letting me evolve him, haha.

....Maybe I'll look into it, haha. I think I'd wanna see how some other characters do before picking him up. The SALT tourney is also doing an all Random/Rainbow Cruise tourney for $1, maybe I'll see what happens there, haha.

EDIT:

Haha, I'm not sure why I'm posting this; it's an old Captain Falcon replay of mine. I think I uploaded it for someone who said Captain Falcon was really slow. Whatever, haha. I just found it funny. Maybe 'cuz it's Falcon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chTIs_ZVyjQ

0:15 Jab >jab > run off the edge MINDGAEMZ

Rizen

Smash Legend
My losses were all to 30:70 MUs or worse (2x to Sheik, 2x to MK).
I know the feeling:urg:.

I can't use secondaries well except Zelda and Ganon, which are 'why bother to learn?' characters. Actually I might be good with Falco but he's a high tier and that's conflicting. Link would be at risk of falling in Falco's shadow. Should I learn him?
The next wifi tourney/ladder I might exclusively use my secondaries because I tend to swap back to Link because he's my best by far. And I don't practice the secondaries vs good people.

All my replays are wifi:glare:

Ryos4

Smash Lord
I know the feeling:urg:.

I can't use secondaries well except Zelda and Ganon, which are 'why bother to learn?' characters. Actually I might be good with Falco but he's a high tier and that's conflicting. Link would be at risk of falling in Falco's shadow. Should I learn him?
The next wifi tourney/ladder I might exclusively use my secondaries because I tend to swap back to Link because he's my best by far. And I don't practice the secondaries vs good people.
I actually try to avoid my main. He's too good when i use him. I dont mean to come off as cocky, but it just doesn't seem worth playing if there isn't at least a challenge. Not to mention you shoot 10 arrows as Pit and you are labeled a spammer. You play Link and spam the whole match and all of a sudden you're a good Link. lol.

Anyway if you want to practice your secondaries against me some time, i dont play competitively anyway. When i was in online clans i use to help train people to be better players.

Also side note. Pokemon HG National Dex complete, 493 pokemon caught. And just in time for B/W. As for the new Link game, i have to say i like the graphics. But then again wind waker was my favorite LoZ title.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I've been too busy playing Mario Kart (Double Dash, DS, Wii) to turn on HeartGold. But then again, I'm not getting Black immediately upon release anyway.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
I think i might actually not buy another system. But then again i said that before i had to get the wii for brawl. lol. I might have to get the 3Ds to play KH:DDD. It really matters how big and expensive it is. So far i resistedthe 360 and PS3. Maybe i'll be done with video games sooner or later. I doubt it though...

Rizen

Smash Legend
I'm a traitor ._.
It's okay. Link is a frustrating character. Keep him as a secondary.
I actually try to avoid my main. He's too good when i use him. I dont mean to come off as cocky, but it just doesn't seem worth playing if there isn't at least a challenge. Not to mention you shoot 10 arrows as Pit and you are labeled a spammer. You play Link and spam the whole match and all of a sudden you're a good Link. lol.

Anyway if you want to practice your secondaries against me some time, i dont play competitively anyway. When i was in online clans i use to help train people to be better players.
Thanks. If our connection's good I'll try my secondaries against you:bee:.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
It happens with low tiers.

Marth is the go to character when people drop Link, that or gay.
Personally, I've been thinking about Diddy as a secondary. Playing with bananas is too much fun, haha. Although after that Marth or Wario probably would be my next go-to high tier characters.

I still take great pride in my complete and utter inability to play Gay at all. Seriously, I'm better off playing almost any MU and SDing my first two lives as Link than playing as Gay:awesome:
Rizen said:
Thanks. If our connection's good I'll try my secondaries against you.
I'm on Spring Break this week. I'm not sure how good my parents' connection is, but if it isn't terrible, I might have some free time to play you, haha.
Ryos4 said:
Not to mention you shoot 10 arrows as Pit and you are labeled a spammer. You play Link and spam the whole match and all of a sudden you're a good Link. lol.
I think part of that is the whole "Link gets a pass because he's bottom tier material, so he needs to do what he can to win" thought process. Plus, Pit can shoot his arrows anywhere and I think people see him as a mini-Falco. Link's projectiles are only effective at midrange and are more trapping and spacing tools; they're not really good enough to just camp with them. Not saying that's necessarily a bad thing for Pit, that's just the optimal way to play him. And again, Falco's a lot worse than Pit is at it, and personally, I don't really see Pit as an excessively spammy character.

Jeos

Smash Journeyman
regarding falco's spam, it's almost too obviuos that no one complains, it's like... try find a falco that don't use lasers and its good with him...

and with link, well... I've improved a lot with him by now but it's not enough to make some weight on a tournament so I'm using him moslty for fun and against people I'm sure I can beat with link.

even with my recent improvement it's not match against high tiers, in the last toruney I went, I only won 1 match with marth and I'm sure that the match I won would have been impossible to win with link 'cause it was against a MK.

I'm not totaly leaving link but I just dropped it as a competitive character, I'm using marth and shockrat instead, but I'll keep doing some work on link.

if you don't mind, I can keep helping here with whatever you need to know, develop or investigate, but I'm a little limited 'cause I don't have a wii anymore but I'll do as I can with link still.

and I don't think marth IS the one someone choose after leaving link, I loved pit and was the first character I minded to main when brawl came but then I left it for link and now for marth/pika, still wandering around with pit and lucas for the lulz.

IYM!

Smash Lord
my favorite hight tier character is falco, is fun for me, and i do a lot of interesting things with him.

NO, not only CGs :p

this Link is frustating, is just bad, is weak, slow, have bad recovery and any safe option

Link melee is better.

i stoped playing brawl, not only for Link, also for how bad the game is comparating it with the 2 previous ones, i mean, Brawl wasnt made for competitive scence :ohwell:

well i still playing it, but no with a competitive scence, i play it with Final Smashes (i have the infinite Triforce Slash :bee:)

yeah, i am a fanboy :urg:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
None of the smash games were made strictly for competitive play, casual and side things for each were considered.

It may not have been made, but heck it gets quite a good number of people at nationals. That does impress me.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Speaking of various Brawl mods, Brawl Minus is a ton of fun. Seriously. Ganondorf and Captain Falcon are top tier in both how good they are and in the "this is the most fun you will ever have" tier. Just about every attack Falcon makes he says something (heck, he says "HYESZ" after each pummel). Ganon's dair sticks you in the ground like DK's headbutt, and Warlock Punch hits for 666% (you can combo dair > Warlock Punch when they're past like 100%, hahaha). Brawl Minus is completely stupid though, so don't think there's any competitive value AT ALL in it though, haha.

I feel like this place has gotten quiet since I got home for Spring Break, haha.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Having used the same character in all 3 SSBs makes the rest of the cast feel weird to play and I'm not sure if they're worth learning at this point. Maybe I'll settle for okay secondaries and only be good with Link.

Stupid insomnia, I'm sick of everything but bored and can't make myself focus on work.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Only thing I hear is disappointing is the shorter battery life.

I don't know what else will be on it outside of Star Fox: Lylat Wars, and Ocarina of Time that I hugely want.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
DSi disappointed me. I bought it because my DS broke (my roommate stepped on it while wearing boots :/ ). So I'm not sure I'm ready to drop more money on a 3DS unless I can trade the DSi and get most of the money I paid for it back. And I really don't plan on buying the new Pokeymanz games. Heart Gold is probably the last one I'll get (for the nostalgia).

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
DSi disappointed me. I bought it because my DS broke (my roommate stepped on it while wearing boots :/ ). So I'm not sure I'm ready to drop more money on a 3DS unless I can trade the DSi and get most of the money I paid for it back. And I really don't plan on buying the new Pokeymanz games. Heart Gold is probably the last one I'll get (for the nostalgia).
My DS Lite is practically destroyed so I might as well go for the 3DS, heh.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
(Later for the party)

I picked up pokemon white. and today i just beat the main story and currently preparing all of the pokemon for transfer. I only have one DS so i have to use my sisters, so i have to make things just right before i can on friday night. Soo much left to do. Mostly because they dont have move tutors in B/W so alot of pokemon lose the ability to learn certain moves. And you cant transfer over pokemon that have HMs on them or items.

Check out how long it takes to do it and what you have to go through to transfer stupid pokemon.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJwYgg3swDg&feature=related

But the game itself is pretty good. A few dumb pokemon. The one i hate the most is a water pokemon named Palpitoad. Everytime i see that name or hear it i just think Palpitine. Also the thrash sound effect sounds like the original power rangers communicators, but in punch form.

Top Bottom