• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Le Lazy Lurking Link's Listen/Laugh Lounge ♪~ (^ 。^=)

Ryos4

Smash Lord
How can you be upset at DDD? He's not the evil one. The evil one of Dreamland is Kirby. Hes the one eating all the food and its people. DDD is just trying to protect everyone.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
DeDeDe is a penguin, and therefore inherently evil. Any ploy he has of protecting his people is merely a scam or part of some deeper, more sinister plot (it's an inside joke, haha).

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Hai guys. If any of you planned on going to Pound 5, let's play! And money match. K bye!!
Haha, I wish I could go to a huge tourney like this. It's a little far away for me though, plus I'm going to another tourney in Atlanta. I would like to play you sometime in the future though, Will, haha, although I dunno how likely that'd be. Stupid South Carolina having no scene and being really far away from everything.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Back

My hand break's over. I play video games, type, draw, and play tennis (but the weather's been bad:glare:) a lot. Sometimes my hands need to rest.
But i have to agree, playing a bunch of characters is fun. But i hate random because i refuse to play top tier characters,
Me too. G&W is the highest character I decided to learn. Link is FAR better then my other characters but I'm aiming to be okay with most of the cast eventually.
How can you be upset at DDD? He's not the evil one. The evil one of Dreamland is Kirby. Hes the one eating all the food and its people. DDD is just trying to protect everyone.
I hate Kirby and DDD just because the murder Link so badly.
I always try to tech the dthrow when I play against G&W. It's kinda easy to time but the timing changes with different characters, so if you switch characters a lot it can get tricky.
I'm learning G&W (as said above), there's a big list of which characters you can do what to out of Dthrow. It's hard to remember.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Okay completely random time again.

I was watching a Snake CV, and i think someone should make a snake one title "Escape from LA" and have a sequel "Escape from New York". If anyone understands that.

Also anyone up for dittos or something?

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
RAAAAAGGGEEEEE

I hate these Case Studies. Basically I have to pretend I'm in charge of a guy in the hospital who has kidney failure because he got an infection in his spinal cord since he didn't take his medicine and had a reaction to the medication we gave him in the hospital.

All I have to do is finish it, submit it and talk about it, then I go home for the weekend and get to tourney it up Saturday in good ol' Georgia..... if I can wake up for 2 pm on Saturday after this stupid thing, haha.

Rizen

Smash Legend
^Did the medicine slowly turn him into a narwhal? Remember he's endangered now. I think.

tl;dr
sleep deprivation sucks. I hope you have enough before the tourney. Go Link!

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Just got back. Made 9th place (again) out of maybe 20 people or so, all Link obviously. I have a couple videos too, although I didn't get to save my best ones since I didn't play those on a hacked wii.

First set was against a Luigi player named Thomas. He was like 12 years old. I 2-0'd him, but he was pretty nasty. Especially for being so young.

Second set was against Bill (I think he's power ranked in Alabama?). He went Sheik and flattened me, I lost 0-2. He ended up 5th. BTW, it's definitely 30-70 Sheik's favor.

Third set was against a guy I think went by Orange Mamba. He played Peach. I beat him 2-0. The second match I got a footstool gimp on one stockand an edgeguard when he upB'd past the ledge and tried to float back to it on another; I speedhugged > zedge.

Fourth set was against MilesG2G. He played MK first match and beat me pretty solidly. Second match he was Ness and we were on Brinstar, and a bunch of ridiculousness happened and I just pulled out the win. Third match he was MK, and I jumped off the edge and daired to my doom at like 40% or something and then semi-suicided again by accidentally fairing instead of throwing a bomb and fell too far to recover (although in all honesty I might not have made it past his edgeguard attempt even if I hadn't done that, and certainly wouldn't have pulled out a win).

Got to play a lot of friendlies. Got lots of props for my Link, haha. Played some epic money matches with Dynomite, who plays Wario. Those matches were some of the most fun matches I've ever played, haha. Overall, it was a ton of fun.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=12221325#post12221325
^ Results thread.

Sounds like you had a great time Huggles :D

Bah, I miss tourneys.
Haha, it was great. If you're up to it you could always record some of my replays for me; maybe that'd make you feel better? xD

no one comet anything about my post number 1000 :(

any way this dosent matter

Hey Scabe you dont have upload a mach in ages XD
Haha, see, Scabe? IYM! wants you to upload my matches too!
Congrats on 1000 posts, IYM! I was traveling all day today, so I didn't see, haha.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
I can take a hint haha. Well these days, I just play casual friendlies with people so I don't really have anything good to upload not only that, I suck now. The replays I want to get are off a friends Wii which has me playing against some Americans that were down here.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
I can take a hint haha.
:D
Well these days, I just play casual friendlies with people so I don't really have anything good to upload not only that, I suck now. The replays I want to get are off a friends Wii which has me playing against some Americans that were down here.
Were these from the Robocop tourney or whichever one it was M2K attended a wihile back? Either way, I'm sure you're still better than you say you are, seeing as how you always said you sucked when you were still attending tourneys, haha.

Actually,speaking of Americans in Australia, the other day my roommate was wondering if there's any Smash scene in Tasmania since his girlfriend lives there and he goes to Australia occasionally. Do you know of anyone around that area Scabe? I couldn't find anything on a Tasmania Smash scene.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
^There's no Tasmanian Smash scene... I know one guy there that plays Smash though... :urg:

@Red Ryu: There hasn't been much tourneys lately as well. These days it's usually like 1 tourney a month altogether in different parts of Australia. The scene is nowhere as hardly as active as it is in America and Europe. So, its hard to improve. It's kinda expensive and not really worth it to fly around for a tourney.

I guess I like Starcraft a lot because I can just stay home and play competitively on the ladder. You can improve since you'll always have someone to play against.

If I wanted to get back into Smash, I could Smash WiFi. But my connection at the moment is pretty bad, I always get some error code when joining games and then it signs me out. :S

Ryos4

Smash Lord
I was uhh, "lucky" to have gotten this interesting card in the last Poll for the AIB cards.

I don't even know what to say to this...

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
^There's no Tasmanian Smash scene... I know one guy there that plays Smash though... :urg:

@Red Ryu: There hasn't been much tourneys lately as well. These days it's usually like 1 tourney a month altogether in different parts of Australia. The scene is nowhere as hardly as active as it is in America and Europe. So, its hard to improve. It's kinda expensive and not really worth it to fly around for a tourney.

I guess I like Starcraft a lot because I can just stay home and play competitively on the ladder. You can improve since you'll always have someone to play against.

If I wanted to get back into Smash, I could Smash WiFi. But my connection at the moment is pretty bad, I always get some error code when joining games and then it signs me out. :S
Major sadness. :(

I was uhh, "lucky" to have gotten this interesting card in the last Poll for the AIB cards.

Xyless made those drawings, I got Ike.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
I feel like replaying one of the Zelda games i never finished. I cant decided which i would want to play more, or rather which one i would drive me less insane. Between Spirit Tracks or Twilight Princess. In ST i have no idea where i stopped playing and i have no idea how i would feel about replaying it. TP i got till the dominion rod and stopped, the wolf half of the game drove me nuts but i kind of want to play the rest of it.

Or maybe i could play Metriod Prime 3.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828

:(

LOLWUT
I saw the Craptin Falcon card on someone's profile, haha. What the heck.
I feel like replaying one of the Zelda games i never finished. I cant decided which i would want to play more, or rather which one i would drive me less insane. Between Spirit Tracks or Twilight Princess. In ST i have no idea where i stopped playing and i have no idea how i would feel about replaying it. TP i got till the dominion rod and stopped, the wolf half of the game drove me nuts but i kind of want to play the rest of it.

Or maybe i could play Metriod Prime 3.
Link's Awakening for the Game Boy! It was probalby one of the best games out there when it was released and it's still a top notch classic. I've never played ST and I haven't beaten TP myself (it was my old roommmate's and I moved out a couple years ago).
First Zelda game I tried recently.

Wizrobes are dumb.
Wizrobes are stupidly hard. I fought through that whole stupid dungeon, got to Ganon, got killed, and then I ragequit and haven't looked at that game since. Maybe I need to pick it back up and give it another try, haha. That should be my goal for this weekend as a break in between exams.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Gonna warn you there is a second quest, stalfos shoot laser swords in the first dungeon. >_<

And yeah no enemy in the series will ever compare to the anger wizrobes have given me.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Gonna warn you there is a second quest, stalfos shoot laser swords in the first dungeon. >_<

And yeah no enemy in the series will ever compare to the anger wizrobes have given me.
Haha, I've beaten it before, back in my video game prime of like 5 years old, but not since then. You can also get the second quest by naming yourself "ZELDA" I think.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
I think so. A save file that's the second quest has Link raising his sword above his head. The first several dungeons spell out "Zelda" (like each one is a different letter) and then various shapes like a sword and shield, that Japanese symbol that looks like the backwards swastika, etc. etc. I think. Again, it's been like 18 years since I last saw any of the second quest stuff so I'm not sure, haha. I don't remember anything about how the enemies change or if they do more damage or anything. I'd imagine they swap out a lot of the weaker red enemies with the blue enemies though.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
I beat link's awakening. i wanna play the ones i didnt finish.

I think i beat all the LoZ games aside from the original nitendo ones. besides spirit tracks and Twilight Princess.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Hey Huggs, sorry it's taking a while to upload your vids, I recently changed computers, well actually a while ago I changed from my Laptop to my Desktop Computer, I'm not sure if my DC is strong enough to record, but I haven't tried yet. Will do soon.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
I've been thinking of making a little montage (not a CV, i dont want to have to deal with the whole brawl has no combo's crap) of brawl stuff since not having school and constantly animating, leaves me a lot of free time. The only real problem is i dont have a recording device, and those people in the "we record your replays" never got back to me on 1 match so i dont feel like trusting them. Anyway, i wouldnt mind making a 2 person video or even a link community one if someone is willing to record the clips and send them to me.

Anyone interested in this?

Rizen

Smash Legend
^I can only record 3 mins or less and don't have the time, sorry :( .
Haha, I've beaten it before, back in my video game prime of like 5 years old, but not since then. You can also get the second quest by naming yourself "ZELDA" I think.
That's right. I've beaten the first quest but not the second. Link has is sword raised on the file select screen.
Zelda2 is the hardest.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Hey Huggs, sorry it's taking a while to upload your vids, I recently changed computers, well actually a while ago I changed from my Laptop to my Desktop Computer, I'm not sure if my DC is strong enough to record, but I haven't tried yet. Will do soon.
Haha, it's ok. They were good replays I guess, but they weren't against a particularly good opponent. The ones I really wanted to get saved were money matches against Dynomite, a PR'd Wario main. I had insane DI; I lived to like 180% almost every life against him and survived a halfcharged fart at 100% or something crazy like that. Plus they were a ton of fun, haha; some of the most fun matches I've ever played, even if I didn't win (btw I definitely don't think Wario is 35-65; I think it's in the 40-60, maybe even 45-55 range. Wario can punish hard but if you space very well you can make it incredibly hard for him to get in in the first place).
Zelda2 is the hardest.
Zelda 2 is one of two games that's gotten me so mad I've thrown the controller at the TV; that boss blue knight on like level 4 or 5 that throws swords and hides past the screen so you can't hit him made me rage. The other one is Brawl, but only against computers; I don't mind getting embarrassed by PR'd players, I don't mind someone CP'ing Meta Knight and beating me, I don't mind little 14 year old kids who think they're all that CPing Rainbow Cruise and MetaKnight against my Captain Falcon during "friendlies" while he thinks I'm not looking because they HAVE to beat me (he still lost lol), but heaven forbid that computer pull out a Zelda sweetspot fair > sweetspot fair punishing my freaking tech > usmash off windmill > sweetspot fair to do like 100% in about 5 seconds and kill me, AND THEN WALK OFF THE EDGE AND DIE. Computers in Brawl are simultaneously the most impossible and frustrating foe I've ever played and the stupidest idiots there are. /slightexaggeration

But for serious, they do piss me off more than any person I've ever played.

@Ryos: Haha, I don't really have a lot of combo material. I think I have like 4 or 5 replays against people as it is (after Scabe gets these 2 up), plus I'm really lazy and don't know enough to really help, haha.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Its kinda hard to critique the first match. You didn't really do anything terrible based on how your opponent played. Everything seemed to work the way you planned it. The Peach player made a lot of mistakes, and you took advantage of them. You're just much better then him. There's not much else to say but GJ. lol.

Edit: Just watched the second match. Basically same as the first one. There were a few mistakes by you, few missed grabs and other stuff but nothing major. Against that Peach you played perfectly fine.

Hypothetical:
Against Peach in general, like a good one. You probably would need to space a little better. A lot of the match you were really close to Peach when using melee strikes, meaning you weren't really using the full length of Link's sword. Peach's attacks are generally faster, well at least her close range game. I can't really say for sure how well you would do against a Peach who is good at using aerial pressure, which most of them do.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Haha, thanks for the critique Ryos, as hard as it is to actually do with what's there.

There actually were 3 Peaches at the tournament I think, and one of them was really good. I was surprised, I didn't realize Peach was such a popular character. But yeah, I played the good Peach (he went by "Hero?") before this guy and found his pressure game and ground game/jab mixups a lot better, and he used turnips much more effectively out of glide tosses and in the air; those matches were all quite close (we also made the ultimate Falco/Wolf fail team that still managed to win somehow despite constantly getting in each others' way, haha).

Peach is one of the matchups I actually feel pretty comfortable playing since I have a decent Peach and have played Peach a good bit in these last couple of tourneys. Wario's the same; I'd take a Wario opponent over a Snake any day (at least, for right now).

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Peach can be pretty bad match up for Link if they play right.

Anyway i got bored and decided to use some left over sculpey clay thingy. Blue team Ivy, i got super lazy on the eyes. lol. I still need to put some glaze or w/e to protect the paint and make it shiny.

Also terrible webcam...

Scabe

Successful Businessman
You play so fast and you've improved quite a bit. :O

Anyways, I will finish what I was planning with the Link boards. I'm trying to less lazy this year :urg:, so hopefully expect to see more of me, but if you don't, expect to see more of the same random posts by me saying how I'll not be lazy. :p

Top Bottom