• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Le Lazy Lurking Link's Listen/Laugh Lounge ♪~ (^ 。^=)

IYM!

Smash Lord
My DS Lite is practically destroyed so I might as well go for the 3DS, heh.
Is it that nobody here takes care of his video games?

first Huggles and after Tery (sorry i dont know how to write your new name)

My GCN is intact, I take care of it as if that was a son, If someone gets with my games or my controls, it will suffer the consequences.

You should take care more of his things. ;)

about Pokemon, i dont uderstand why are so much hype. well im not a pokemon fan, but i am happy for you to having a lot of fun with this new game

Ryos4

Smash Lord
I always liked pokemon. Idk why there is hype now. But its funny how this comic says it all. (super old btw)

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Haha, I can't help it! He wqas kinda clumsy and always wore his boots. He somehow managed to step on and break my DS, my power cord for my computer (had to buy a replacement, thankfully it was like $5 on eBay), and my camera. None of them were even on the floor when it happened either. I think someone else threw them on the ground and they got stepped on.

We still have a fully functional Super Nintendo and Nintendo 64 at my parents' house, and I haven't broken anything since I've moved out, haha.

And also, awesome comic. Awkward Zombie = win.

Rizen

Smash Legend

first Huggles and after Tery (sorry i dont know how to write your new name)

My GCN is intact, I take care of it as if that was a son, If someone gets with my games or my controls, it will suffer the consequences.

You should take care more of his things. ;)

about Pokemon, i dont uderstand why are so much hype. well im not a pokemon fan, but i am happy for you to having a lot of fun with this new game
My N64 and every system following it still works. I'm not a pokemon fan but not a hater either, 'never got into it.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
the systems arnt really in danger of breaking as much as the cd type games. Ive seen my friends ones scratched to hell. Idk how people do that.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Haha, does "otaku" really count for Japanese though? I thought all that sorta stuff was just the norm for them. Like isn't anime just basically Japanese cartoons? I thought the whole idea of otaku was that people from NotJapan were overly fanatical about the Japanese culture.

And I agree Ryos, I don't know how people break discs. I don't think I've ever had a broken disc-based game. Heck, I've never even had one significantly scratched up aside from used ones I've bought.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
not just like anime but like obsession over anime girls instead of rl girls. Not that obsessing over a girl is a good idea in the first place.

Have you seen welcome to NHK, theres a character in that, good example of otaku. Plus its on hulu and in english, first few episodes.

Jeos

Smash Journeyman
^ no doubt of that xd

anyway, idk if I'm gonna buy black, I think I'll past for pokemon and aim for the 3DS *v*

Ocarina 3D and kid icarus FTW! (mario kart too, I didn't like the wii version, the DS version rules xd)

Rizen

Smash Legend
I hope my cousins in Japan are alright.
I hope they are too. That Tsunami was bad:(.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Not to make little of this event. But i found it funny how the news on the main land made such a huge deal about the tsunami hitting Hawaii. They used words like slammed, when all that really happened for the most part was just a bit of water sloshing around. Some areas got some but it was nothing compared to japan.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Not to make little of this event. But i found it funny how the news on the main land made such a huge deal about the tsunami hitting Hawaii. They used words like slammed, when all that really happened for the most part was just a bit of water sloshing around. Some areas got some but it was nothing compared to japan.
That's because America still thinks they are the center of the universe?

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Word. I saw clips of Hawaii and it didn't look too serious as far the tsunami. I hope whatever ares did get hit recovery soon. :(

Pray4theworld

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
AAAAAAAND my alma mater has already been eliminated (Clemson). I thought we had that game too...

http://games.espn.go.com/tcmen/en/entry?entryID=2941841

Well, at least the rest of my bracket is looking pretty good. I only picked Clemson to make it to the Sweet Sixteen so that didn't hurt me too bad. Morehead St. beating Louisville definitely shocked me too, and I was kinda hoping St. John's would pull out the "upset" (even though they're a higher seeded team I thought Zaga was better than them but thought they might ride an emotional high for a while).

....Haha, no one here even really cares about March Madness, do they?

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
My bracket's pretty baller guys. Only 2 of the teams I picked to make the Sweet Sixteen have been eliminated so far (none past that), the matches I missed likely won't mess up my bracket's later rounds barring a major upset (i.e. I don't realistically see either Morehead St. or Richmond beating Kansas, even though I missed Morehead St.'s upset), and I only missed 3 games in the West and Southeast divisions combined in the first round. YEAHHHH.

Also, Huggles is gonna be moppin' up at SALT 2 doubles. Ryanarius, a really good Pit main (I think he was in the discussion for best Pit at one point), is wanting to break his pseudo-retirement and come down to Georgia with me, and we're thinking about teaming up. Now I just gotta pick a good dubs character; Diddy or Wario maybe?

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Hmm if your teaming with a Pit. you want to choose a good close range character to allow pit to play the support role. Also someone who could kill relatively early. Out of those 2 i would probably suggest wario being the better of the 2 choices. But it really depends on who you can play. Pit is a really good stock tank, support and damage racker. He just needs help in the killing department. Honestly G&W might be a better match with Pit cause he can bucket arrows and kill at like 40% with uncharged arrow filled bucket. Plus hes got pretty broken smashes. Course this also means he could team well with Lucas and Ness for healing purposes and become utterly broken as well.

Also Ryanarius was pretty good in his day. Though i think sagemoon was considered better at that time, or at least more popular.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Alright! Finally beat the original LoZ. Didn't seem that hard though.... certainly not as hard as I remembered.

Also, Tery, I used to be really good at Tetris, haha. Was ranked in the 100th percentile (or at least 90th) in several of the modes they had at the time, and used to beat up on people in teh multiplayer mode, haha. Lemme see if I can find my old profile on there....

EDIT: Here we go. http://www.tetrisfriends.com/users/profile.php?id=708577&linkTag=nav

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Why do people hate on Link's recovery so much? It's not that bad and not that many people can really abuse it. :< It's much better than Ganon's.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Why do people hate on Link's recovery so much? It's not that bad and not that many people can really abuse it. :< It's much better than Ganon's.
Because he's gimped so easily; any character can potentially gimp him. If Link's not gimped he can live to crazy %s, like over 240%. But at any % a character can throw/hit Link offstage>kill his momentum with a weak attack and KO him:urg:. Link's recovery's horrible but he has many other tools like great momentum canceling, DI, projectiles, great airdodge, Zair/tether recovery+weak UpB for mix ups, heavy weight, and bombs for occasional saves, to make up for his momentum based-drop like a stone-short recovery. Link's recovery beats Ivysaur and ganon but everyone else has a better actual recovery, including Olimar without pikmin and 1 Ice Climber. Link's main downfall is he has too much lag, like a frame 6 jab and frame 11 grab:urg:.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
It's not that bad, but the distance he gets horizontally is pretty bad when people can just poke him off stage and he dies.

Alright! Finally beat the original LoZ. Didn't seem that hard though.... certainly not as hard as I remembered.

Also, Tery, I used to be really good at Tetris, haha. Was ranked in the 100th percentile (or at least 90th) in several of the modes they had at the time, and used to beat up on people in teh multiplayer mode, haha. Lemme see if I can find my old profile on there....

EDIT: Here we go. http://www.tetrisfriends.com/users/profile.php?id=708577&linkTag=nav
Ganon was easy mode. ^_^

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
It is bad, but as I've played people in tourneys recently, I've realized it's not "Link's good with a poop recovery, so he's bottom tier;" it's not as bad as people make it out to be. It's shorter than Ganon's, but Link has lots of options to cover his recovery with projectiles, a tether, an upb that floats at the end and has transcendental priority (so it's hard to edgehog), huge ledgesnap range, etc., that I think it's better than Ganon's by a good bit, although you HAVE to have good DI and Link doesn't have a lot of room for error. It's the sort of recovery that's actually a lot harder to gimp than it seems unless your character really has the tools to shut it down. (Granted, Meta Knight's one of those characters, and he's pretty common...) In general, if you're getting read and gimped offstage, odds are your opponent is reading you well and beating you badly overall anyway (or you're really sloppy offstage which is a big no-no if you're playing Link).
Link's recovery beats Ivysaur and ganon but everyone else has a better actual recovery, including Olimar without pikmin and 1 Ice Climber. Link's main downfall is he has too much lag, like a frame 6 jab and frame 11 grab.
I agree, if I could pick one attribute to change to make Link better, his recovery wouldn't be the first thing I'd pick. I think he's got a better recovery than Sopo though, and Olimar's in a similar boat as Ganon; longer recovery, no hitbox or options= worse recovery. As a bit of an aside, I think Link should be tied with Falcon for 5th from bottom on the tier list (Link/Falcon, Jiggs, Zelda, Ganon).

And thank you, it is a pretty awesome avatar :awesome:

Top Bottom