• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Le Lazy Lurking Link's Listen/Laugh Lounge ♪~ (^ 。^=)

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
I've got me another tournament guys. Saturday. SALT 2. Reflex and Big Lou will be there, I've heard M2K might show up, and lots of Georgia PR'd players will be there. It's looking to be a lot of fun. I'll try to get as many vids as I can.

...I've been playing as Wario a decent bit recently and really like him. I might end up using him as a secondary if I come across some of Link's really hard matchups, and will almost certainly use him if I end up playing in teams.

ALSO: Happy birthday Scabe!

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Defiantly ask Reflex for Wario advice, he's trustworthy for that if you want to use Wario for Link's really bad MUs.

Good luck at that, and happy birthday Scabe.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Yeah, I watched Reflex's Wario and Big Lou's Diddy duke it out at the last tourney I was at. They're both pretty ridiculous, haha, so I definitely want to try to talk to him/play him some. Incidentally, if I were to pick up a top tier character, Diddy and Wario are the only two characters I'd consider.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I'd go Falco if I went up the tier list, I miss my old Co-Melee main at times.

I also hate my TL with a passion, I can take games off people on the AiB ladder when I random into him. >_<

It's like my Pit, no practice but can play him for no reason what so ever.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Back from the tourney. It was pretty epic.

Ryan and I ended up doing teams, he went Pit and I went Wario. We had never played as a team before, so we learned as we went, haha. My Wario in teams was kinda inconsistent; I played great some matches and forced Ryan to carry us in others. But I'm definitely thinking Wario's going to be my teams/second character. We made it to loser's semis, so I'm pretty sure we made 5th.

In the random Rainbow Cruise tourney I made 9th out of 25ish or so. I played both Scatt and Kismet (both in the top 4 of GA's PR); against Scatt I was Peach against his Pikachu. I was doing great, even got him pinned against the side of the boat with the turnip drop > bair > catch turnip > turnip drop > bair x 4 or 5 (people were going "Huggles too pro!"), and then I fell through a platform on accident and died. The level even did all it could to help me; I got a beam saber and two stitch faces, but it wasn't enough to overcome Scatt being awesome and me killing myself, haha (I got a replay of this match). Second match he got his main, Snake, and I got Ganondorf. I was happy I got him down to his last stock; I taunted, and people were yelling "what are you doing?! Don't taunt!!" He ftilted me at like 150%, I Mr. Doom SDI'd behind him (so I didn't get hit by the second hit) and got a Sparta Kick on him, pushed him off the stage, and missed my downb spike, so I ended up losing, haha. I didn't get a replay of this one, unfortunately; I forgot to save it. I really wanted this replay too, haha.
Against Kismet I randomed PT. I got a ridiculous "combo" on him the first life (bair to rock smash to upb for the kill on his Wario at like 70%, everyone was yelling "get read, scrub!", haha), then he killed me on a nice read himself, then I got lolRainbow Cruise'd as Squirtle, then I was lolIvysaur-on-RC, so he went from a stock down to destroying me, haha. Second match I was Pit and ended up losing to his Weegee last life at high percents.

I don't remember all the other people I played in the RC tourney since I was jumping back and forth between it and doubles, but I played 3 or 4 other sets that I won. For serious though, Rainbow Cruise only Random = GREATEST TOURNEY SETUP POSSIBLE.

In the normal tourney, I went Link against Scatt's Snake. Did respectably well, got a nice jab lock across FD on him, but he ended up beating me. CP'd Brinstar, ended up falling through the middle of the floor and SD'd at 0% second stock, and kinda got disheartened. Don't think it would have mattered, haha, he was kinda beating me up anyway at that point. Got the first match saved but not the second again (not like there was anything to see of the second match; it was all of about 90 seconds long, haha).

Beat Zeke next round, he went Snake first match and Pit the second.

Next I played good ol' Miles again, haha (he eliminated me last tourney). I went Link Wario against his MK and brought him down to last stock both times. I'd go into more detail but it's neither my Link nor the crazy Random Rainbow Cruise tourney, so it kinda feels out of place, haha. Got the first one saved but forgot to save the second one, which I really wanted to get saved. I think once the set is over saving the replay for the last match just skips my mind, haha; I did it in all the sets I could save. Ended up 17th out of 33 thanks to a couple of byes (I'm not saying anything; I didn't get any byes in my other two tourneys, haha). nvm I went back and looked; some people placed 17th without even winning a match, so I didn't get as much grace from the bracket as I thought.

Maybe Scabe will be cool and will upload my replays again for me so you guys can watch?:awesome:

I need some critique on my Link too, haha, so that'd be appreciated.

WALL OF TEXT LOL

Rizen

Smash Legend
Great work Huggles! Lol tourney SDs: I know what those feel like-:mad:.

I suck at random because of playing Link without other characters for so long.

That makes me want to go to another live tourney:c.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Soo whats going on in the link world recently? ive been around but mostly on the pokemon boards. lol. I got sick of playing people on aib, with the complain about every little thing so i stopped playing brawl for pokemon atm.

If anyones up for some no John brawl let me know.

Also, for the online pokemon people. looking for any egg move pokemon check out my thread i made out of boredom.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=300790

If you need anything from there let me know and i may give it to you for free for the sake of being another Link player.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Nice job Huggles, your defiantly making it up there.

@Ryo: I usually can, I'm 1-16 going random on the AiB ladder so I'm fine with no johns brawl.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
I don't feel like signing up for the ladders. So if you want to play, we will probably have to meet up in free play or something.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

Player-3

Smash Hero
Against Kismet I randomed PT. I got a ridiculous "combo" on him the first life (bair to rock smash to upb for the kill on his Wario at like 70%, everyone was yelling "get read, scrub!", haha)
this was ****ing epic beyond belief

YOU GUYS DON'T EVEN KNOW

Ryos4

Smash Lord
You might want to wait a semester or a year before getting into something that can and will eat up time. The first semester or so is usually the hardest in terms of getting use to your surroundings, the amount of books you need and how much they cost. Plus you meet a bunch of new people and you dont want to limit it to just Smash players, cause in my experience they aren't always the best people to hang out with...

Top Bottom