• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Le Lazy Lurking Link's Listen/Laugh Lounge ♪~ (^ 。^=)

Rizen

Smash Legend
What do people think about either adding a separate section to the video thread or making a new thread for Link players' replays of secondaries?
Huggles has several tourney videos where he's not Link, I have some secondary character matches and I know other people do too. It will be a little extra to bring traffic to the forums and show another side of Link mains/secondaries.
Comments?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
When did I say I hated Sheepman?
Well ok.

What do people think about either adding a separate section to the video thread or making a new thread for Link players' replays of secondaries?
Huggles has several tourney videos where he's not Link, I have some secondary character matches and I know other people do too. It will be a little extra to bring traffic to the forums and show another side of Link mains/secondaries.
Comments?
I'd have to say no, only because this si for the Link boards only so, can't put people using other characters in there.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Eh, we could have a separate thread for it maybe. I wouldn't really mind either way, haha. Honestly I only have the two videos of me not playing as Link; the one as Peach and the one as Wario, although neither of them was all that impressive, haha (then again, I thought they were better than my Link :facepalm: )

It is good to play as other characters though. It lets you see the game through another mindset, not to mention improving various aspects of play you otherwise might not get around to, and I think it helps in the matchup since you at least know what the character is capable of. Most of my hardest matchups are the ones where I just don't play the character at all and know less about their various options, haha.

EDIT: Wow, that's actually a smiley, haha. Didn't know that.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Ugh. Final exam in Pharmacology = not fun. No more chemotherapy, antibiotic/antifungal/antiviral agents please... Huggles needs a break.

So I've been leisurely playing through Ocarina of Time again and kinda thought about something.... Link is always a lady's man, but which girl does he end up with? (brought about by playing the chicken minigame where Talon mentions marrying Malon at 4 am with a nice strong jack and coke or two in me, haha)

I'd say realistically he probably does end up with Malon if he does end up with one of the girls in OoT. When he gets sent back in time, he just disappears from the future timeline where Ganon is defeated, which is the timeline where Zelda had the hots for him :awesome: In the past, he hasn't met Zelda yet (she's all surprised when she meets him at the end of the game, she mentions at the beginning of Majora's Mask that she doesn't really know Link all that well but feels like she can trust him, etc.)

To meet Zelda, he would have had to meet Malon to move Talon's fat lard from the castle. Talon mentions that Link has the potential to be a great rancher (heck, he basically tames Epona). Since Navi left him he can't go back to the forest (or Saria, who's a Kokiri anyway), so he'd have to do something with his life; since in Majora's Mask he has Epona, it probably makes sense he ended up getting a job at Lon Lon Ranch or something; otherwise why the heck would they just up and give him Epona?

Also, since Link is apparently sent back before he gathers all three gems and opens the door to the Triforce and Master Sword, Ruto never would have gotten "engaged" to him.

So I propose this; Link and Malon get together, Link keeps going around looking for Navi (you fool, you're finally free of her, WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO FIND HER AGAIN?!), probably ends up lost in the Lost Woods and becomes a Stalfos since he has no fairy anymore, Link's descendant is the Link in Twilight Princess who's a rancher (would make sense if he married Malon, although doesn't necessarily have to be the case), and the ghostly skeleton guy who teaches TP Link all of his skills is OoT Link all Stalfos-y (after all he mentions stuff about Courage a lot and says stuff like "my child" and "our bloodline" and what not). Then again, I've never finished Majora's Mask or TP (although I've gotten at least halfway through each) so I might be missing something, haha.

....Man, finals suck. I need to get some sleep and let my brain rest, haha.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Link never ends up attached; he must have fear of commitment. In the series (not including toon shading Zelda games because I didn't play them) girls who like Link include: Zelda, the 'come inside I'll "Heal" you' etc girls of each town in Zelda 2, probable the crystal maidens of ALTTP, Maren ("you got Maren, could this be your big chance?!") of Link's Awakening, Malon, Saria, Ruto, Nabroo, freaky great fairies, of OoT, Romaini, freakier Great fairies, of MM, Maple and Din in Oracle of Ages/Seasons, probably even more crystal maidens in 4Swords adventures, Ilia and Midna in TP...
(I'm sure I missed some) but he never commits to a relationship. Not on screen anyway.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Haha, I need to stop posting during late nighters. I make a fool of myself.

Two more finals to go. Too bad one of my exams is gonna stop me from going to Big Lou's birthday party tourney, haha.

And also, Link always gets the girl! They just never show it, haha.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Ugh. Final exam in Pharmacology = not fun. No more chemotherapy, antibiotic/antifungal/antiviral agents please... Huggles needs a break.

So I've been leisurely playing through Ocarina of Time again and kinda thought about something.... Link is always a lady's man, but which girl does he end up with? (brought about by playing the chicken minigame where Talon mentions marrying Malon at 4 am with a nice strong jack and coke or two in me, haha)

I'd say realistically he probably does end up with Malon if he does end up with one of the girls in OoT. When he gets sent back in time, he just disappears from the future timeline where Ganon is defeated, which is the timeline where Zelda had the hots for him :awesome: In the past, he hasn't met Zelda yet (she's all surprised when she meets him at the end of the game, she mentions at the beginning of Majora's Mask that she doesn't really know Link all that well but feels like she can trust him, etc.)

To meet Zelda, he would have had to meet Malon to move Talon's fat lard from the castle. Talon mentions that Link has the potential to be a great rancher (heck, he basically tames Epona). Since Navi left him he can't go back to the forest (or Saria, who's a Kokiri anyway), so he'd have to do something with his life; since in Majora's Mask he has Epona, it probably makes sense he ended up getting a job at Lon Lon Ranch or something; otherwise why the heck would they just up and give him Epona?

Also, since Link is apparently sent back before he gathers all three gems and opens the door to the Triforce and Master Sword, Ruto never would have gotten "engaged" to him.

So I propose this; Link and Malon get together, Link keeps going around looking for Navi (you fool, you're finally free of her, WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO FIND HER AGAIN?!), probably ends up lost in the Lost Woods and becomes a Stalfos since he has no fairy anymore, Link's descendant is the Link in Twilight Princess who's a rancher (would make sense if he married Malon, although doesn't necessarily have to be the case), and the ghostly skeleton guy who teaches TP Link all of his skills is OoT Link all Stalfos-y (after all he mentions stuff about Courage a lot and says stuff like "my child" and "our bloodline" and what not). Then again, I've never finished Majora's Mask or TP (although I've gotten at least halfway through each) so I might be missing something, haha.

....Man, finals suck. I need to get some sleep and let my brain rest, haha.
Wow, that's an interesting theory. I can't believe you haven't played Majora's Mask or TP! :glare:

It's okay, I haven't even touched Twilight Princess. I'm still playing Wind Waker at the moment. Just beat the Earth Temple where you have to team up with Medli. She's such a babe. :love:

I should make a poll some day of the babes in Zelda :laugh:

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Shes preteen with a duckbill or something like that. You have interesting taste in women Scabe.

Also wind waker is great. Its by far my favorite LoZ game. I only didnt like having to do all the treasure hunting and the pictochat stuff. The mini games and the world itself are amazing. The grappling hook from that game is both kind of a waste, but at the same time the most fun weapon in any LoZ game IMO. You get to basically rob all the enemies and then throw them around or beat them down with their own gigantic weapons.

I havent played much of MM. I once borrowed it from a friend, but i tend to like exploring at my own pace and not having to race around from place to place. It took forever for me to beat the first couple of dungeons because i kept having to reset the time. Probably what killed it for me. Lots of people claim it to be the best of the LoZ series, but it was just not for me.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Haha, well at least she's not Ruto.

Wind Waker isn't my favorite LoZ (that's definitely OoT), but it's a great game. I was really lazy and only did like half the sidequests, haha. I love the music in that game.

And I'm pretty much in perfect agreement on MM. It was good, but I felt like to really play it I had to devote at least 3 hours or so to actually accomplish anything, and that's exactly why I stopped and haven't played it in several months. The only time I ever feel like I have to commit that much time to a Zelda game is the Water Temple in OoT, and even then I can usually beat it in an hour going slow (I have a couple rules I follow when I play that level that have worked really well for me; 1) DON'T SAVE (and/or quit), don't stop and take a break - you beat the Water Temple start to finish in one sitting. You're better off getting halfway through and just turning off the game and starting from scratch than picking up halfway through. 2) Don't open any unlocked doors until you're positive you've explored every single area that is explorable - The way it's set up there's almost zero backtracking as long as you get everything you can the first sweep through each area. 3) Play it at a much slower pace than normal and be relaxed and think about what you're doing; 30 extra seconds to make sure you have everything before you unlock that door can save you 30 minutes of backtracking.)

Rizen

Smash Legend
^Have the Big Goron sword before fighting Shadow Link; it makes one of the hardest strait fights in the game pathetically easy.

MM is a love it or leave it kind of game, you really like it or don't. TP's easy but the puzzles are original and challenging enough and the beautiful lighting/graphics make it worth playing at least once.

Edit:
SSB4 and more at E3?!

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
All right! NFL Draft! YEAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

*Realizes he is on a website where he is probably the only person who even cares*

..... Whatever. You guys are boring.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
^Have the Big Goron sword before fighting Shadow Link; it makes one of the hardest strait fights in the game pathetically easy.

MM is a love it or leave it kind of game, you really like it or don't. TP's easy but the puzzles are original and challenging enough and the beautiful lighting/graphics make it worth playing at least once.

Edit:
SSB4 and more at E3?!
Idk i kind of have to disagree with it being worth playing. Yeah its an average LoZ game with nice graphics and overall game play. But the wolf portion of the game is so terrible. I kind of want to replay TP and actually finish it. But the idea of having to do the wolf quests again usually stops me from starting up the game.

Are they seriously on FF 15? Also i highly doubt there will be another SSB. SSBB just came out a few years ago and it wasn't received very well, but then again a lot of their new games aren't.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Are they seriously on FF 15? Also i highly doubt there will be another SSB. SSBB just came out a few years ago and it wasn't received very well, but then again a lot of their new games aren't.
Ha, I dunno, from Nintendo's standpoint, Brawl was nothing but an absolute and complete success and is the top selling Wii game I think (aside from Wii Sports maybe, but seriously, that comes with the Wii, who's gonna count that?). Honestly, the only people it seems to me who weren't huge fans of Brawl were people who wanted it to be like Melee, which is a section of the competitive Smash community (and the whole SMash community is a drop in the bucket). Some people may argue Melee was a better game or a more technical/pure fighter or something, but from Nintendo's standpoint, which is to get more money, it was totally a spectacular success.

Also, lawl, Final Fantasy 15. That's too many, haha.

YOU CAN DO IT TERYWJ I BELIEEEEEEVE IN YOU

Also, f yeah, Tyron Smith to the Cowboys! Not a sexy pick but it's the one we needed, haha.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Anyone up for some matches atm? Nm, i ended up playing some random person on AiB.

I still cant help but think BF is Links best stage by far. When ever i end up with a match on BF as Link i just wreck people. Its so easy to get people from 0-70% with a random assortment of attacks strung together. The stage is perfect size for Link's projectile game. The platforms are at just the right height to be advantageous for Link against nearly every character and help against characters who attempt to recover high. The ledges are fairly forgiving. I dont really see one thing about that stage that could be considered bad for Link.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I could later Ryos, just not right now.

Also SSB4 is possible, not too far out there but I think if they do announce it, a few years will be worked on it before they release it.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Huh. Melee was out for like 8 years I think before Brawl came out; has Brawl really been out all that long that it's time to start considering a new SSB game?

BF's a pretty good stage for Link, as long as it's not amazing for his opponent (too bad Snake, Diddy, and MK, right off the bat, love it). It can be a little small sometimes, giving you nowhere to run, and it makes bombstools much more difficult. Sometimes I prefer Smashville for the extra space though. I'm really not a big fan of FD, and honestly, I hate both YI and Lylat. Obviously, it depends heavily on who I'm playing and their character, but I try to shoot for BF or SV as my neutral most of the time if I think I can swing it.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Did you always post in blue Huggles? It's got nothing on my gold :cool:

We should get the thread title changes back again. It's been Le Lazy Lurking Link's Listen/Laugh Lounge ♪~ (^ 。^=) for like 7 years now.

Edit: Okay what the hell, I swear all your posts were in a normal color yesterday. >_>

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Did you always post in blue Huggles? It's got nothing on my gold :cool:

We should get the thread title changes back again. It's been Le Lazy Lurking Link's Listen/Laugh Lounge ♪~ (^ 。^=) for like 7 years now.

Edit: Okay what the hell, I swear all your posts were in a normal color yesterday. >_>
I honestly think its better than changing the title every other day.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Wut. I see no blue.

Apparently there's an option to change the color of your text and I was kinda messing with it, but it didn't look like it did anything so I just left it.

So you guys are seeing my posts as blue? Weird.

The "LLLLLLL" is a fine social name. No need to change it.

Haha, Tery's got the triple Link sweep.

EDIT: Ha, so I just can't see it in Firefox for some reason. Probably a script blocker I have running or something. I'ma change it back now.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Wow i just did something truely evil. On BF D3 was on one of the lower platforms and i Baired into his shield from below. He got knocked off and i then footstooled to Dair. It was great.

I may have to try that again some time.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Ha, I've been meaning to work on that. That and platform cancelling (not sure if it'd really help Link a ton since his jumps are so short anyway but it'll probably help my development as a player, especially with other characters).

I've been working on tweaking my playstyle as Link. I have habit of playing hot potato with my bombs, so I've been working on doing stuff while holding a bomb instead of just chucking it immediately. I've kinda started using the jump cancelled reverse UpB thing out of a dash too, particularly if I think my opponent is gonna try to roll behind me, hopefully as a bit of a mixup since I love dash > shield (plus it works while holding a bomb and leaves me less committed than cramping up my hand holding in A for a bombsmash). I'm kinda worried this is the making of a bad habit, but we'll see what happens when the semester is over and I go home and get to play people. If it doesn't work as well as I hope it's something I can easily scrap. I wish I had good people to play regularly; that'd help a lot in kinda starting to put things together and get better at the critical thinking/mindgame aspect of the game. That's definitely the next step I need to take as a player.

Also, to Red Ryu's statement.... finally. I'm a bit apprehensive, since someone will likely always be there to take his place, and it may have just stirred up al Qaeda, but it needed to happen.

Beat11

Smash Apprentice
Platform cancelling just may help Link. It will make Battlefield a Link favorite if the results of this is what i think they're going to be.

Holding bombs and practicing "Bomb in hand" tactics will help in certain MUs. Sometimes, it is better to hold the bomb to threaten the opponent to stay away rather than immediately throw them predictably and compulsively. It can avoid CQC AND chaingrabs well and also make your usage of bombs less predictable.

MUs like DK, ICs, Peach, Marth, and somewhat Metaknight are a few MUs i can name off the top of my head that require this tactic. Some more than others.

Rizen

Smash Legend
You guys should use B reverse arrows to change where you land. It's a cool mixup :)
I should do that more.
That and platform cancelling (not sure if it'd really help Link a ton since his jumps are so short anyway but it'll probably help my development as a player, especially with other characters).
Link's jumps are low but they're distanced to land on platforms without overshooting, BF is a good example of this but most platforms apply. Platform canceling is a great tactic for Link because he's fast at it. ...relatively.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
AP Psychology, Calculus AB, Physics B, Chinese Language, and Statistics (lol). I'm done for. Psychology wasn't too bad, just memorizing 25+ terms for like 30 chapters.

What in the--

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Yeah, I think hot pototato with bombs would be an alright mind game, if done well. I eventually get tired when doing that and just throw the bomb.

And lol at that link. He never fails to amuse me.

I also really like, your idea Huggles of running and jump cancelling Up B, that's kinda clever.

Also, your text is back to normal Huggles, I think it was just me.

And @Red Ryu, did Obama really kick the door? LOL, I'm so gullible. So I just have to know.

Top Bottom