• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Le Lazy Lurking Link's Listen/Laugh Lounge ♪~ (^ 。^=)

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
this was ****ing epic beyond belief

YOU GUYS DON'T EVEN KNOW
Haha, Huggles getting some respect! I like it :p

Enjoy college, Tery. I loved my 4 years at Clemson. I'm sure you'll have a blast. If you don't want to join a Smash community, don't feel like you're obligated. But do have a good time. Follow in my footsteps and get yourself painted up for a football game and make it on ESPN where all the announcers talk about how crazily you're jumping around!

Rizen

Smash Legend
^Done
Playing Link is stressful; people expect a good performance but I don't play regularly. Link has to work really hard during a match too. I make button errors after using a different controller like PS2 or classic controllers. And I have a slight hand tremor that's worse when I'm tired.
There's a lot of pressure, even for wifi, people ask to play my Link.
This is why I don't play competitively anymore.
/rant, I shouldn't post when I'm sleep deprived.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
JohnsJohnsJohns
/rant, I shouldn't post when I'm sleep deprived.
Quit Johning, Rizen :3

Playing solo Link can be really fatiguing after a long time though. That's why I like to play friendlies as other characters every now and then. Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, Diddy and Wario are some of my favorites to play as because they're silly characters that always get a good laugh.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Dear Link Boards

The crisis in the all ssbb hurt/heal game has been averted. Link sits at the top of the points comfortably, and wolf has been destroyed.

with greatest of regards,
Rocket P. Science

lonewolfe

Smash Journeyman
Is anyone willing to give me a short summary of what happened to the Link boards? :o

I had a brief absence from 'em due to school/other responsibilities, but having come back it seems like everything I once knew is now gone ><.

My speculations: People gave up on Link/had other things to do than smash....or...Movement to AiB?

Thanks in advance, I'm sure this has been covered here before.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
A whole bunch of stuff.

Basically, unfortunate circumstances resulted in lots of Links moving to AiB, some people stuck around, both communities have kinda shrunk over time, lots of people moved on, kinda some of everything. The AiB boards are fairly dead too, though the Link Xat is fairly active.

It probably doesn't help that Link is really hard to use well, and using Link well doesn't get you a whole lot since he's low tier anyway.

I blame Scabe for not being active around here:awesome:

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Is anyone willing to give me a short summary of what happened to the Link boards? :o

I had a brief absence from 'em due to school/other responsibilities, but having come back it seems like everything I once knew is now gone ><.

My speculations: People gave up on Link/had other things to do than smash....or...Movement to AiB?

Thanks in advance, I'm sure this has been covered here before.
Not much activity.

lonewolfe

Smash Journeyman
I see. I figured it would be some combination of things.

Well I hope the Link boards will pick up some, especially since it seems like there's some kind of effort to do so, from what I've been reading lately.

I'm considering attending some tourneys in the near future to represent Link, despite knowing I may not get very far >< (But going in with that mindset is a no-no, although it is a sad reality sometimes with Link).
But that's why I've been trying to get more active lately, good to see you guys are still keeping up with Link and the boards.

Thanks for all the quick replies!

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Okay so im gonna knock some rust off of my sword. Anyone feel like playing brawl later today? If so i guess hang in one of the link xats.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Awesome! Scabe is the man! Got my replays up for me, haha. Thanks Scabe, you're da bess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgiTl6YQK8s
This is the one where I play Scatt's Snake. He's PR'ed 3rd in Georgia behind Big Lou and Kismet. This is the one I'd love a critique on. I'll get it over on the video thread in a bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ll2Lp654YXQ
This is the one where I play as Wario. Just if you guys wanted to see it, haha. It was up against Milesg2g's MK, one of the better players in Georgia.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdGvVViHuqM
RAINBOW CRUISE! I'm Peach against Scatt's Pikachu. The rules were you had to random your character, haha. I ended up doing really well; I think I made 9th of 25?

Scabe

Successful Businessman
I don't know if I recorded those vids the same way that I did. They took a lot longer to upload and they seem like a bigger file but I don't remember. Anyways there's like 10 replays of me coming up. Might take like a week to upload them all D:

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Graaaah. I know I've heard that theme before you put in the replay of me as Link, Scabe, haha. I keep wanting to say it's Final Fantasy 2.

The worst is when you know that you know it but can't think of it, haha.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
That picture is pretty amazing, I'm going to put it as like all my DP's. Maybe. :laugh:

I totally played some Brawl in Sydney yesterday. I went to Sydney to see Distant Worlds which is a Final Fantasy Concert, Nobuo was there. Anyways, I had lots of fun playing Brawl and I felt like I was still good at the game.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
That picture is pretty amazing, I'm going to put it as like all my DP's. Maybe. :laugh:

I totally played some Brawl in Sydney yesterday. I went to Sydney to see Distant Worlds which is a Final Fantasy Concert, Nobuo was there. Anyways, I had lots of fun playing Brawl and I felt like I was still good at the game.
Two stock Shaya in bracket again.

QFT.

And Link solves things with violence? Surprise surprise.

Hai link bordz. :awesome:
Hi Krystedez. :awesome:

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
:awesome:

Also, that is a pretty awesome sig there Krystedez. Megaman FTW

So after a nasty lab practical, it's time to start Ocarina of Time again. Gotta get a second perfect file on it!

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Ooh, Mega Man X, that series that totally ended after X5 and both Zero and Sigma died and there were never any more games after that? Yeah, that was a pretty good series. The Super Nintendo ones were the best.

I prefer the original Mega Man games though, personally. I have all the achievements in Mega Man 9 except beat the game 30 times, beat the game 5 times in one day, and beat the game without getting hit (I've made it to Wily though). Nintendo Mega Man games da bess.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I liked Mega Man X 6, it had a decent continuing story from MMX5 and the best PS1 style gameplay. 4 was my least favorite, but the Sigma fights were killer.

@ Red Ryu:
If you need tips or cheats I've got them. ...or look online, lol.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Mega Man 10 had the best bosses for sure. Who could forget the likes of...
Pump Man....

Sword Face Man...

Baseball Man....

And of course, the most fearsome and epic boss ever conceived for any video game ever....
SHEEP MAN!

Top Bottom