• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Le Lazy Lurking Link's Listen/Laugh Lounge ♪~ (^ 。^=)

Rizen

Smash Legend
^WTF+lol

This thread's too inactive :( .

I've played OoT so many times that it has no appeal on the 3DS. But I haven't actually seen a 3DS yet which may change things.

I have been playing lots of wifi, it's fun :) .

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I keep being reminded Link's Va in OoT is Viral in Tenga Toppa Gurren Lagaan.

Lmao at the Huggles vid, never seen it but man, it's amazing.

Beat11

Smash Apprentice
Gurren Lagaan is amazing...

I'm surprised this forum is even alive. You guys aren't playing Melee yet?
Nah, I'm not too much in to the Melee Link more than the brawl Link. If you know bombsliding and other techniques, Brawl Link feels (do i dare say it) faster with a much better projectile game and mix ups for shield pressure. Plus, I'm not used to Melee anyways so that could justify it. Though, i could get used to the Melee Link since when i had first played Smash bros since about six years before brawl, Link was my favorite but he felt like trash even to me and i was a scrub. Had to play Sheik instead until i got used to him. I just wished brawl Link had his air speed to help recovery and mobility. He would be SOOOO much better if he had it. Thats my opinion anyways.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Link is way more fun in Brawl than Melee. Now Sheik on the other hand...... :meleesheik:

In related news, I beat LOZ today in less than 2 hours using 2-player warping, no money making game. Not bad :)

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
I more or less played everyone in Melee at some point but permanently switched to Dr. Mario as my main when I was accepted into Pharmacy school 3 years ago :awesome:

I actually kinda suck at Melee in general though. Link frustrates me because I subconsciously try to play him like Brawl Link. 'Course, things like that have their advantages too; that's part of the reason I can't play Gay to save my life.

Beat11

Smash Apprentice
I more or less played everyone in Melee at some point but permanently switched to Dr. Mario as my main when I was accepted into Pharmacy school 3 years ago :awesome:

I actually kinda suck at Melee in general though. Link frustrates me because I subconsciously try to play him like Brawl Link. 'Course, things like that have their advantages too; that's part of the reason I can't play Gay to save my life.
Well, not being able to play Gay is always a plus regardless. I really notice how much i like the brawl Link better since he actually uses his projectile game creatively instead of the whole boomerang throw to an occasional bomb that melee Link uses. Plus his arrows suck ***!!! It annoyed the hell out of me how bad they were. I like Melee Link's grab game tho. Not to say that Melee Link does not have his good moments but Brawl Link's projectile game is by far the best of all Links to date and it allows him to have a diverse set of playstyles.:)

IYM!

Smash Lord
Well, not being able to play Gay is always a plus regardless. I really notice how much i like the brawl Link better since he actually uses his projectile game creatively instead of the whole boomerang throw to an occasional bomb that melee Link uses. Plus his arrows suck ***!!! It annoyed the hell out of me how bad they were. I like Melee Link's grab game tho. Not to say that Melee Link does not have his good moments but Brawl Link's projectile game is by far the best of all Links to date and it allows him to have a diverse set of playstyles.:)
i disagree, try the projectile game of the Link smash 64, his boomerang is a monster, and his bombs do a lot of damage.

Melee proyectile game is very fluid, and the bombs have better set ups angles for combos.
the boomerang hit 2 times, and do more damage.

yes, the arrows are bad, but they have another usess.

Link brawl have a fluid projectile game, i am not sure if he is definitly the best, because, there are some factors than dont make his spaming game "perfect".

his boomerang, for example, is the worst boomerang, hit onli one time, and his wind factors, give us more problems than helps, i mean, most of the time, the wind stop the movement of a hited opponent, or things like that.

The arrows are better, nothing to say.

his bombs spaming is nerfed here cuz the brawl limitations, just 2 bombs per time, if you want pull off the third, you only will lose time :ohwell:

the Link brawl projectile game is good, but it can be better :urg:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Melee's boomerang was better but Brawl's is a great tool in different ways. It has good spacing and [FONT=&quot]gimping potential that people don't recognize. It also trips for jab locks and arrow locks.

Brawl Link's projectile setups are good but brawl's shielding is better :glare:.
[/FONT]

Beat11

Smash Apprentice
The brawl boomerang best quality is its tendency to screw up spacing and a lot of other things. Sometimes, it can be for the worse but other times the effect can be wonderful. Even moreso when you know the timing and ways to make the most out the wind effects. Gale spiking, gale gaurd, A great shield pop punisher with double Dsmash, and the ability to completely screw up CGs. Not to mention that the boomerang is unpredictable as hell and usually catchs the opponent off gaurd with ridicolous things. Marth's sideB suicide, Spacies sideB suicide, Zelda sideB gimp, and not only that but many other ******** things. The nerf was actually necessary to keep it from being OP.

As for bombs, i personally think the variety of ATs it has makes them more useful. Mindgaming with them is pretty easy. This and the fact Zair and arrows are more useful than their Melee counterparts is why i see the Brawl Link's projectile game as being better. Imagine if Brawl had the Melee shield. Link's shield pressure would be Retardedly good.

By the way, anybody Practice any jablock set ups? I just found out that Link can set up a (so far) inescapable jab lock set up using the bombstool combo on 3 out of 4 of the cast from 0% to 135% if he arrow cancels instead of Nair when he is about to land. The arrow hits everyone except those with extremely low hitboxs and locks them until about 140%. Some of the character he can do this one is Bowser, Lucario, Link, Toon Link, D3, Pikachu, and others that i don't feel like naming right now. It doesn't work on Metaknight, Fox, Falco, and a few others. This mixed with Link's other set ups means that Link has a lot of set ups compared to others. Don't focus too much on this tho, it just when the chance arises, i figured that Links need to capatilize on this as hard as possible.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I need to learn jablocks. I've gotten like, 3 or 4 jabs landed at the most. Wifi makes them harder to recognize in time :c.
Imagine if Brawl had the Melee shield. Link's shield pressure would be Retardedly good.
^^^^^^^^^^^^!

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
Spam:

Link's Melee spam game is much better in general, not only because of the amazing uses of Link's projectiles but because the shield mechanics in Brawl make Link's projectiles nearly useless.

Boomerang and bomb setups in Melee are absolutely amazing. The fast boomerang and bomb that can hit multiple times create constant opportunities for gimps and combo setups. In Melee point blank boomerang throw knocks an opponent up and has massive hitstun allowing you to combo your heart out when you get it. if you're near a ledge it's more than enough time to setup an upB semi spike. it also has an actual hitbox on the return making useful in stopping any incoming attacks and being able to punish the now stunned opponent.

Bombs provide much more hit stun and allow for setups. They can hit twice when dropped on an opponent and because your other projectiles and even attacks can hit them you have the ability to setup ridiculous spam mind games. Additionally being able to juggle more than two bombs makes things interesting.

The arrow is mostly just terribad but it's amazing for gimping in Melee if the opponent is recovering low. Arrow to edge grab gets me wins all the time.

Attacks:

Ok we all know that Link's run speed is better in Brawl, however his attacks are still slow as hell. Without L-Canceling to cancel the ridiculous lag on all his attacks he will never be a decent character honestly L-Canceling is the only thing that makes him even low tier in Melee. Bair and Nair are the only things remotely safe to do out of all Link's attacks in Brawl. In Melee you can space nearly any aerial well and get away without being punished for it. Also utilt to dair is a combo on high damaged spacies in Melee...

Zair:

Believe it or not I've found ways to utilize Zair in Melee... you know, aside from the amazing length and recovery option it provides.

Zair has also become a very useful tool against well spaced Samus, Marth, Falco, and Peach who all will try to come in and nail you. You can stop their approach cold with Zair and there are plenty of times when you can force a falco to try to reset himself after airdodge-zairing through a laser barrage.

In conclusion:
Melee Link is better in Melee than Brawl Link is in Brawl because of Melee's mechanics. Higher hitstun, L-Canceling, Shieldstun, crouch canceling, all play a part in Link just flat out being better in Melee. For all the crazy AT's Link has in Brawl not one of them makes him NOT SUCK.

Heck Beat, you saw yourself that I didn't use a single Link AT in any of our dittos and all our matches were extremely close. I haven't even played the game outside of tournament matches in at least 6 months. Nothing's changed in the metagame for him since then.

I wish you guys the best of luck and I hope you keep beating tier *****s, but I'm gonna go enjoy a game where my skill can make up for a bad character.

Love
Cyner

Beat11

Smash Apprentice
Spam:

Link's Melee spam game is much better in general, not only because of the amazing uses of Link's projectiles but because the shield mechanics in Brawl make Link's projectiles nearly useless.

Boomerang and bomb setups in Melee are absolutely amazing. The fast boomerang and bomb that can hit multiple times create constant opportunities for gimps and combo setups. In Melee point blank boomerang throw knocks an opponent up and has massive hitstun allowing you to combo your heart out when you get it. if you're near a ledge it's more than enough time to setup an upB semi spike. it also has an actual hitbox on the return making useful in stopping any incoming attacks and being able to punish the now stunned opponent.

Bombs provide much more hit stun and allow for setups. They can hit twice when dropped on an opponent and because your other projectiles and even attacks can hit them you have the ability to setup ridiculous spam mind games. Additionally being able to juggle more than two bombs makes things interesting.

The arrow is mostly just terribad but it's amazing for gimping in Melee if the opponent is recovering low. Arrow to edge grab gets me wins all the time.

Attacks:

Ok we all know that Link's run speed is better in Brawl, however his attacks are still slow as hell. Without L-Canceling to cancel the ridiculous lag on all his attacks he will never be a decent character honestly L-Canceling is the only thing that makes him even low tier in Melee. Bair and Nair are the only things remotely safe to do out of all Link's attacks in Brawl. In Melee you can space nearly any aerial well and get away without being punished for it. Also utilt to dair is a combo on high damaged spacies in Melee...

Zair:

Believe it or not I've found ways to utilize Zair in Melee... you know, aside from the amazing length and recovery option it provides.

Zair has also become a very useful tool against well spaced Samus, Marth, Falco, and Peach who all will try to come in and nail you. You can stop their approach cold with Zair and there are plenty of times when you can force a falco to try to reset himself after airdodge-zairing through a laser barrage.

In conclusion:
Melee Link is better in Melee than Brawl Link is in Brawl because of Melee's mechanics. Higher hitstun, L-Canceling, Shieldstun, crouch canceling, all play a part in Link just flat out being better in Melee. For all the crazy AT's Link has in Brawl not one of them makes him NOT SUCK.

Heck Beat, you saw yourself that I didn't use a single Link AT in any of our dittos and all our matches were extremely close. I haven't even played the game outside of tournament matches in at least 6 months. Nothing's changed in the metagame for him since then.

I wish you guys the best of luck and I hope you keep beating tier *****s, but I'm gonna go enjoy a game where my skill can make up for a bad character.

Love
Cyner
Very nice pionts there, Cyner. I'm always open to learn more about any character but mainly Link. Melee Link is better but only because they exist in two different games. If brawl Link were in Melee with L-cancelling and whatnot, i could see him being better than the Melee Link quite honestly with his improved projectiles. Beleive it or not, Sakurai actually tried to make Link better in this game but ultimately ended up screwing him over because he was trying to take the competitive scene out of this game. If the game were kept the same, Link would without a doubt be high tier as well as Tink. Eliminating the L-cancelling, wavedashs, and crap shield ended up messing Link up. As for our games, I haven't played for three months aside from the tourny i went to. No johns tho cause those were some awesome games we had, i was hella lucky on Lylat I'll admit.

As for brawl, we suck quite honestly but i don't see whats keeping us from being top of the low tiers. Lot of low tier tournies and Link is still not winning them? I'm shocked.:(

Rizen

Smash Legend
I need to steer clear of the Zelda forums for a while, too much ponies.
You're preaching to the quire.
I've won 2 LT tournaments, just sayin...
Congratz:bee:.

I play brawl because my smash scene's little and scattered and brawl has wifi.:(

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
I think I'm about to start learning Toon Link, so I can go Link/Marth/ToonLink in Brawl tournaments. Honestly I have no idea how to play Marth I just know that I can easily win certain matchups with him. Toon Link for a similar character that at least won't get CG'd into infinity.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Cyner noooooooo~

I'm one of the lucky ones that can't play Gay to save my life:awesome:

I use Wario as my second. Not sure why, but he's one of my better characters. It's not like he's similar to Link at all, really.

Rizen

Smash Legend
link/TL main here

(dissappears back to the sky)
Skyloft?

I main Link (Duh), second Zelda then PT then Wolf. Wolf's like link in many ways like sharing bad MUs and getting CGed to infinity, ironically he's my highest pocket character:ohwell:.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Melee Link got that Gdlk Spin attack that ***** and semi spikes, tehter to walls with his clawshot and Spin attack doesn't suck like 64 but better than brawl's spin attack recovery wise just saiyin.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
She's my co main.... you might notice from my sig though.
Lol team "Our Z-airs beat your everything." :p

Sup link mains. Poppin into say you guys have by far the most dedicated players for your character! I've never met a bad link player. Its inspirational that despite links limitations you still manage to kick *** with him.

Cheers~!

Beat11

Smash Apprentice
Lol team "Our Z-airs beat your everything." :p

Sup link mains. Poppin into say you guys have by far the most dedicated players for your character! I've never met a bad link player. Its inspirational that despite links limitations you still manage to kick *** with him.

Cheers~!
Thanks! As Link mains, we should take great pride in our character with the determination of born champions. We swear and pledge our dedication to Link and uphold the most vital laws of any man or woman of honor and integrity. We do not give up on our main. The Hylian crest and the master sword are only granted to those who deserve it. Do work and get rupees. Its hard tho but rewards are pretty sweet. Every powerful man was once a weak, defenseless boy but became a man to revere overtime with hard work. No one maining Link can expect any different. Awesomeness comes with a price. Work.;)

Rizen

Smash Legend
Thanks Sunnysunny :) .

Edit:
What defines 'furrys'? Are they furry characters like space animals, lucario and so on?

Beat11

Smash Apprentice
I remember seeing him for the first time when i was ten and going "WTF is wrong with him?". That creepy dude makes your post creepy. I find it ironic that your post count is 999 when you posted something like that lol. Also, if you look at his hand, a ring appears and disappears on it constantly.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Also, if you look at his hand, a ring appears and disappears on it constantly.
That's true...

We need more activity here.

People should use Link's boomerang wind push to gimp more.

Insomnia sucks.

Yeeees sir.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Thanks Sunnysunny :) .

Edit:
What defines 'furrys'? Are they furry characters like space animals, lucario and so on?
Ahh no problem man~! Just giving credit wear credit is due. Never new CO had a link player~!

OH SNAP! The "f" word! Careful now, They may flock here now that you asked that~!

The definite definition of furry is someone thats into anthros which can range from innocent to...not so innocent. Its a self appointed title basically. NOW whether a character is considered furry or not (like lucario for example) is more of a "in the eyes of the beholder" kinda thing. Hes not a furry unless you consider him a a furry. But yea, if it resembles an animal with human characteristics at all it can be considered furry.

....Its sad I had so much time to think about this. Ha. xD

Beat11

Smash Apprentice
Ahh no problem man~! Just giving credit wear credit is due. Never new CO had a link player~!

OH SNAP! The "f" word! Careful now, They may flock here now that you asked that~!

The definite definition of furry is someone thats into anthros which can range from innocent to...not so innocent. Its a self appointed title basically. NOW whether a character is considered furry or not (like lucario for example) is more of a "in the eyes of the beholder" kinda thing. Hes not a furry unless you consider him a a furry. But yea, if it resembles an animal with human characteristics at all it can be considered furry.

....Its sad I had so much time to think about this. Ha. xD
Oh, i get it. Any animal with fur that has human like qualities. Thanks. I've always thought that F***ies where people who were into that animal like hentai with krystal in it or something. Now that you mention it, those wierd people who dress up like animals to go a sex party can be considered F***ies as well. So can Egyptians since they worshiped animal like deities and whatnot.

Top Bottom