• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Le Lazy Lurking Link's Listen/Laugh Lounge ♪~ (^ 。^=)

IYM!

Smash Lord
Thanks Huggles. Man I can't wait to get Skyward Sword. The gameplay looks cool. Why did they made Link right handed in Skyward Sword?
obviously for the motion control, would be strange move the sword with your right arm and link with his left arm

Is sadly for those ones than are lefthander :(

:mad::mad088::mad070: BANNED
Tery.... banned?? .... nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
I think Nintendo should've added an option for you to choose your hand. I don't think it'd alter the game that much...

quirkynature

Smash Ace
I think Nintendo should've added an option for you to choose your hand. I don't think it'd alter the game that much...
No, it actually would. Hitboxes, animation reversal, it'd have to be partially redone to accommodate left handed people.

I don't consider Skyward Sword's Link a Link. Link is left handed. I'm sticking with it. :glare:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I'm okay with only having the right handed sword because the control stick's on the left side of other controllers. Being right handed helps that decision too, lol.

@ Quirky: Do you still play MH3? I haven't for some time, since I'm HR120-something and have everything. It's still fun though.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
This Link being right handed isn't really bothering me all that much. Although I bet it's gonna mess me up a ton when I swing that sword and aim wrong because I'm used to it being on the left side, haha. Plus it kinda gets weird when you notice all of the Links are left handed. Being left handed is not very common. Makes sense one of them would be right handed eventually, haha.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
lol this convo is too good.

Guys, Link has been *******ized since Zelda II, they finally fixed it for LTTP-Awakening-Ages/Seasons, but was re*******ized for the 64 games.

I won't be happy until they make a new over-the-top view Zelda game, period. But make sure he's a lefty.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
lol this convo is too good.

Guys, Link has been *******ized since Zelda II, they finally fixed it for LTTP-Awakening-Ages/Seasons, but was re*******ized for the 64 games.

I won't be happy until they make a new over-the-top view Zelda game, period. But make sure he's a lefty.
Except Ocarina of Time was pretty much the perfect game and it didn't have an over the top view. Your argument is defeated :troll:

Also:

^ at that picture.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Y come Zelda always be the one to get captured????
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Also, I don't hate OOT, but it's not a Zelda game, and only an 9.0/10 and the 5th best game on the system. I don't blame you, you probably grew up with the 64 as your primary system (the worst nintendo system ever), so you have a lot of nostalgic value towards it. Cool. Classic Style Zelda da bess.
Haha, actually I grew up with the Super Nintendo as my primary system. OoT came out when I was 12 I think. I remember a time before OoT. Heck, I remember a time before ALttP. ALttP was a great game and is one of my favorites. I just replayed through the original Zelda a couple of months ago. I replayed Link's Awakening/Ages/Seasons not too long ago too. I understand where you're coming from, and they're all great and classic games. But that doesn't mean OoT wasn't because it's a little different, haha.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I just hate the 64, lol. It's the 2nd hardest mainstream system ever to program for (Saturn [which has like three times the quality lineup, but I'm biased towards RPG's and Fighters], almost tied with the PS2 at #3), every single game features pissed on cardboard cut outs running around on pseduo-pastel backgrounds in super blurry fog that control like crap because either the programmers did a bad job with the control design or the camera work is just bad, which is what kills most games on that system, other than having to hold that godawful controller.

Original Zelda I've beaten like every way possible. Even the 3 hearts, no upgradesno deaths no SWORD!!!!, on the first quest. I'm not that big of a nerd to have done that on the 2nd quest, but I have beaten in with no sword (or at least gotten to Ganon). LTTP was the reason I got a SNES when I was 16 (25 now) even though the 64 was the main system out (and the 64 is bad, as previously reported here) and have beaten that game no upgrades no bottles, etc...

I can't do that with these 3D zeldas, they just don't appeal to me :/

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Haha, I've heard the N64 was pretty much impossible to code for. It was still a big reason for the jump to 3d graphics and the next generation of systems though. Much like the Wii nowadays is probably inferior to the XBox Kinect and the PS3's motion sensor thing (neither of which I've actually played) but will likely be the first step towards the next generation of gaming, the N64 made 3d games mainstream (OK, yeah, Dreamcast, but that thing tanked so hard it was sad, and I'm not really sure why, and I never remember the Sega Saturn being particularly popular either. IIRC the original PS1's didn't have control sticks on them and most games weren't really 3d, at least not really before N64). A large part of what made Mario 64, Zelda 64, etc. so great was that ability to run around freely. It was the innovation that made them so great and successful. I suppose you could call it nostalgia but for its time those games were huge deals. I liked Wind Waker (the graphics and music were creative and I enjoyed it), but I wasn't a fan of Twilight Princess.

And I'm about to be 24 in a couple months. We're old farts, MegaRobMan :D

IYM!

Smash Lord
i grewp up with the N64, so i have a special feeling with these games

MK Trylogy was my first N64 game (and i was 7 years old when i play it for first time) and many others appeared with the time...

star Fox 64, Diddy kong racing, Mario 64, Mario kart, Mario Tenis, Banjo Kazooie, Banjo Toie, Conker, and many many others.

i played Zelda OoT for first time when i was 7 years old, and i fell in love with that game, was in one word... magic.

i wont give an oppinion about this discution, my memories about the old 64 days are very subjetive, and full of my childhood.

I have 20 years now, and i still enjoying these old games sometimes. even more, everytime i finish OoT, a tear down on my face :')

Rizen

Smash Legend
Bird's eye and 3D Zeldas are different but both can be good.
I'm playing the first Zelda again without a guide; I can't find dungeon 2. It's weird, I never can find it, last time I beat it just before death mountain.
Wizrobes are a *****, lol.

I liked the N64. Probably because it was my only system at the time.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
*Edited for accuracy.

'Your' welcome.
I like the assumed sentiment of this post, which is pick out the worst 64 game ever and say it's the best because all games on the 64 are bad.

Good work.

I have 20 years now, and i still enjoying these old games sometimes. even more, everytime i finish OoT, a tear down on my face :')
MK trilogy (other than loading times, slightly larger character models and SUPER SUBZERO) was significantly better on the PS1 due to superior graphics, sound, play control and Goro/Kintaro/Chameleon. Star Fox is bad, DK racing is pretty fun tbh, Mario 64 is the Mendoza line for me, Mario Kart 64 is the most overrated game of all time, Mario Tennis is GODLY, Banjo Kazooie was pretty awesome, didn't play tooie, and Conker is funny and fun to beat people with bats.

OOT is a really beautiful, cinematic experience that all gamers should experience once, but it's not as re-playable as the previous versions. The story isn't complex to require a replay and I found most dungeons to be a chore with the camera problems that plague the 64. Now, I don't give a crap about story, tbh, I just want puzzles and gameplay.

Bird's eye and 3D Zeldas are different but both can be good.
I'm playing the first Zelda again without a guide; I can't find dungeon 2. It's weird, I never can find it, last time I beat it just before death mountain.
Wizrobes are a *****, lol.
Dungeon 2 is in the forest to the mid-north, mid-east section, kinda by where level 8 is (or level 7 in the master quest). Dungeon 3 is in the very south-east corner of the lost woods. Dungeon 4 is by where you start your quest, go slightly north-west and use the raft you got in #3. #5 you go to where you get the white sword, go one screen east, and then walk up the hill 5 times.

Ugh, imagine Wizrobes without a sword...painful.

This definitely does not count as a real Zelda game.
It's licensed by Nintendo. It's as much a Zelda game was Mega Man 7 and 8 are to the classic series.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Will to fight lullaby.
How do you encode links into text like that^?
I know
and

Labernash

Smash Lord
I'm re-playing OoT 64. Just got into the Shadow Temple. It made me wanna play some Link in Brawl.

So I did.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I like the 3DS version of it right now, it;s running pretty well and the graphical update looks great for porting over. Plus the 3D looks like a wonderful blend.

Props Nintendo, many props.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Greetings from Hong Kong!! After the T3 typhoon, the weather has been nice and hot. How is everybody!
Sorry about the typhoon, I hope there wasn't much damage.

I'm finally having a good sleep pattern:bee:. It's uncomfortably hot here but at least it's not like AZ or TX.
Things are okay, I guess.

LordXav1er

Smash Ace
NNID
LordXav1er
Well my tourney is today (Second one I will have ever hosted) and this time I will be having a bunch of vids recorded and a lovely live stream starting at 4pm eastern time http://www.ustream.tv/channel/lordxav1er

Hope you all enjoy if you watch and Link will be taking names (gunning for So Fatal)

Still waiting on vids from last Saturday...

Top Bottom