• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Le Lazy Lurking Link's Listen/Laugh Lounge ♪~ (^ 。^=)

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Woot for Links. lol i guess. Though umm i cant remember that guys name you have in ur avatar. Either way he wasnt a very popular 13 member anyway.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I came first in the modified ruleset and won like 50 bucks! :cool:

Tourney on a whole wasn't great
Good work. Do you realize how many times I and other Links say that to you? You're always repping Link and placing well at tourneys. :bigthumbu

What were the modified rules?

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Scabe da wurss more like it. I don't think I was playing well that day, and I'm back to my whole depressive state where I don't know how to play Link. :urg:

I really suck at reading my opponents.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Well you're better then me. I don't have patience to play patiently. I just always approach. Unless im being overwhelmed.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Scabe da wurss more like it. I don't think I was playing well that day, and I'm back to my whole depressive state where I don't know how to play Link. :urg:

I really suck at reading my opponents.
I've rewrote this post many times, here's the short, general version:
Reading the opponent is more accurately 'reading how to space the opponent'. Personally I think SHs are the key to spacing. Read what space the opponent will be in and use the best option. Always hit with the tip of your attack. Think, when they approach does the opponent favor, SHs, Jumps, ground defensive, ground rushes, range attack>attack. What is the best option? Where does the opponent prefer to be, where's their attack going to be, where's the best place for your attack (or retreat)? Link can attack in a large area and in many directions. His lag sucks so Link needs to landing cancel bait and use projectiles. Shielding can break through so keep spacing your first priority.

Link's hard to play. Maybe you should take a break?

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Scabe, you are so awful. C'mon, man, only placing first at that tourney? I was expecting better of you. I know you're better than that. </sarcasm>

So I just got back from a weekend back home for my 23RD BIRTHDAY. Too bad I got sick too :/

Anyways, you guys saw that KirinBlaze got 33rd using Link/Mario, right? Awesome stuff.

quirkynature

Smash Ace
Anyone want some of the cake?

[color=#1c1c]I do, as well.[/color]
I love cake!! My fiancee makes this amazing chocolate chip vanilla cake with icing. HOMEMADE ICING OMFG it's heaven.

It's the fawning over and the cooing and gushing I have to...stand.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Scabe, you are so awful. C'mon, man, only placing first at that tourney? I was expecting better of you. I know you're better than that. </sarcasm>

So I just got back from a weekend back home for my 23RD BIRTHDAY. Too bad I got sick too :/

Anyways, you guys saw that KirinBlaze got 33rd using Link/Mario, right? Awesome stuff.

I had no prior notice that you were of said age.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828

I had no prior notice that you were of said age.
Haha, indeed, I am an old fart. I'm in grad school though, so don't come looking to me for money, haha. I don't have any of that stuff yet.

My mom made a huge German chocolate cake
No fawning or cooing required, haha, although a thank you is always required. Also, lookit me, I can put black text underneath too! Does that make me cool now? :D

quirkynature

Smash Ace
huge cake
No thank you required. Also, me, I me? :D
All I saw was 'huge' and 'cake'...and I'm hungry. Huggles, MAY THAT CAKE RISE UP AND...walk all the way over to me?

Presents are fun, though. AND they get funner as you grow up. I'll leave the implicit thought to all your overactive imaginations. Enjoy. XD

quirkynature

Smash Ace
Pros:

--SAMUS ARAN'S BACKSTORY!!! ZOMGWTFPWNHAX!!!11!!
--Plot is shaping up nicely so far (2 hours into the game)...the game is divided into 7 sections. It's a long game.
--Cutscenes are all ZOMGWTFPWNHAX!!!11!!
--The fact that you can point at the screen for instant FPS is ZOMGWTFPWNHAX!!!11!!

Cons:

--The D-pad really sucks for movement because there's diagonal movement...so to all the haters saying "you can't play Brawl with a Wiimote"...HAHA, SUCKAZ!!
--Instant FPS is awesome except that you can't move. For the more agile enemies (ALL OF THEM), you can't move and you get about a split second worth of reaction time to place your fingers on "B" and "A" before you get hit. So, you point at the screen, get hit, revert to TPS due to animation, revert to FPS because Wiimote is pointing, hold your Wiimote sidedays, see you have a second, FPS, get hit, lose about 70 life and you're "FKKKKKKKKK"...and ragequit.

I still love the game.

@Rizen: We not Hunting anymore?

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Wow I'll have to get Metroid Other M or whatever it's called, I've never really played a Metroid game before.

Also I'll get Black And White when it comes out. Then no more games ever. I must play the games I have and finish them instead of buying games and like never playing them.

Also that Nuzlocke challenge was the greatest :laugh:

Top Bottom