• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Le Lazy Lurking Link's Listen/Laugh Lounge ♪~ (^ 。^=)

HotWings

Smash Ace
Thanks sooooo much scabe, your the best.

Now can you please help me decide on a name? Its between Fried Chicken and Hot Wings, which do ou like better?

Also try to help me come up with a new title :)

Your just the best!

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
You could always compromise and go with "Fried Chicken Wings," haha.
For a title how about something like "Slow-Laser cooked goodness" or something like that, if you're looking for something to go along with the name?

EDIT: I just noticed, I'm not pranked anymore :( no more pink for Huggles, haha.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Oh yeah Lv100 you get pranks, so like Prank someone *cough huggles*. I don't think I'm going to renew my Premium Membership, the Disco Room is cool but I don't really post there much or look at it these days.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Hm.

Name: "Fried Chicken Wings"
Custom Title: "Serve while hot"

I'm rather bland when it comes to custom titles. It's why I don't have Premium. Actually no that's because my extremely Asian parents won't let me waste money on something so useless, haha. I'd be "@ Choice Scarf" if I had a custom title. Props to whoever can understand the reference. :)

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
So I know it was ultra-nerdy of me, but I went and looked at my habits in terms of what I do to attack and counted up what all I used in terms of attacks in my matches. I didn't count things like B up or zair if the purpose was to recover or bair to momentum cancel and whatnot. But here was my list of what I did in a match recently.

Fsmash 6
Dsmash 0
Usmash 0
Ftilt 1
Dtilt 1
Utilt 9
Jab 6 (multiple jabs in the natural combo I only counted as one but jab cancels into jab I counted as 2)
Fair 12
Bair 13
Nair 9
Uair 0
Dair 0
Zair 20
Arrow 12
Bomb 13
Boomerang 15
B Up 1
Dash Attack 1
Grab 3

Roll 1
Spot dodge 12
Air dodge 11
Shield (that didn't lead into a spotdodge)12
Jump 62

Obviously this is pretty situational depending on my opponent (I usually use dair and dsmash a few times a match), just thought it was kinda interesting to go back and see my tendencies.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
So I know it was ultra-nerdy of me, but I went and looked at my habits in terms of what I do to attack and counted up what all I used in terms of attacks in my matches. I didn't count things like B up or zair if the purpose was to recover or bair to momentum cancel and whatnot. But here was my list of what I did in a match recently.

Fsmash 6
Dsmash 0
Usmash 0
Ftilt 1
Dtilt 1
Utilt 9
Jab 6 (multiple jabs in the natural combo I only counted as one but jab cancels into jab I counted as 2)
Fair 12
Bair 13
Nair 9
Uair 0
Dair 0
Zair 20
Arrow 12
Bomb 13
Boomerang 15
B Up 1
Dash Attack 1
Grab 3

Roll 1
Spot dodge 12
Air dodge 11
Shield (that didn't lead into a spotdodge)12
Jump 62

Obviously this is pretty situational depending on my opponent (I usually use dair and dsmash a few times a match), just thought it was kinda interesting to go back and see my tendencies.
Wow Huggles, I've been meaning to do that type of thing with the other Links. Your's looks pretty good!

Ryos4

Smash Lord
That sounds interesting. i'll try that for the last match i had uploaded.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmZH-X_PdBY
Fsmash 3
Dsmash 3
Usmash 0
Ftilt 1
Dtilt 0
Utilt 12
Jab 7 (Individual slashes)
Fair 2
Bair 2
Nair 2
Uair 3
Dair 3
Zair 17
Arrow 10
Bomb 19
Boomerang 11
Spin Attack 0
Dash Attack 0
Grab 0

I usually attempt grabs a bunch but i think it just might have been the way he played. But it was as i assumed. Heavy Bomb, Zair, and Utilt usage. Roughly the top 3 of my move tier list lol. I was too lazy to count jumps or the way i defended. But i guess i probably should...

Edit:
Roll 4
Spot dodge 7
Air dodge 1
Shield 12
Jump 43

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Well it is the best move. lol.

Anyway. Scabe and I were playing a link ditto with no projectiles. Zair is no a projectile btw. Anyway i found it pretty fun. Im pretty sure scabe did too. So much more mind games. We should start doing this on a regular basis. It really helps with your melee game. It also makes you think a lot more instead of just camping and spamming away. Even though Scabe kinda camped with Zair, lol. But it was pretty fun none the less. Actually found a use for DAC and relied on aerials a bit more. Overall i feel it helped my gameplay.

Rizen

Smash Legend
For a period I neglected Fair and Zair-ed instead. Then Legan said Fair was his favorite move so I tried to use it more. Fair is a great air spacing move, maybe the best move vs Wario.
Link is at his best using Every Move He Has. It's a matter of 'which move best supports the needed spacing?'.

On wifi, Ftilt people who are hanging from a ledge. Hit with the tip, it goes under the stage slightly and hits if the opponent drops (like G&W's dash attack). The lag often makes them hold on when they're vulnerable for a second.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Teamed with a good Samus player vs 2 Snakes, and we out-camped for the win. I took an accidental spike when one Snake was trying to recovery, and i tried to gimp with Boomerang -___-
Never, again.

*smh*

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Woah... double Snake, all the way. What does it mean? *Cries uncontrollably*

So what happened with the boomerang gimp attempt? I think there are a lot of good things you can do with the boomerang offstage, if maybe situational.

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
I like the title of this thread, because anyone who's been maining Link since 64 by now has mental scarring due to playing bottom tier for the last 11 years.

IYM!

Smash Lord
i never though about how many times i use a move....

but i use a lot the Nair and Fair, and the boomerang. Zair is one of my favorite moves is very good, and at the same level than the Samus Zair.

Out of topic :

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

finaly, i have a signature, thanks Tery, the information about Artwork Emporium was very usefull, there are very cool artist.

KoSa! was who made my my signature, he is a very talent guy, i am really happy, thanks :)

edit: i dont kmow how to put it here, LoL

Rizen

Smash Legend
Snake's disjointed reach is throwing my spacing off, I need to learn it better and space farther.

I like the title of this thread, because anyone who's been maining Link since 64 by now has mental scarring due to playing bottom tier for the last 11 years.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Out of topic :

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

finaly, i have a signature, thanks Tery, the information about Artwork Emporium was very usefull, there are very cool artist.

KoSa! was who made my my signature, he is a very talent guy, i am really happy, thanks :)

edit: i dont kmow how to put it here, LoL
Go to you profile screen, on the left there's a menu. Click 'Edit Signature' then past the signature location in the code like you want to show an image (

Rizen

Smash Legend
Off to a two day perhaps very small tourney. I don't think I'll do well.
Good luck.

---------------------------------------------

I've been using Dsmash a lot. People say to keep it fresh for kills but Dsmash is better for quick damage and getting-the-opponent-out-of-your-face.

Jab data:
Frame 6: Hitbox out: 4 damage, 2 frame duration.
Frame 7: You can start Jab 2.
Frame 19: IASA. At this point you can do any action, but pressing A will still do Jab 2.
Frame 27: Animation is over. At this point pressing A will restart Jab 1 rather than doing Jab 2.

Dsmash data:
3 frames until charging. Upon release:
Frame 3 (starts on frame 6 uncharged): Hitbox out: 3 frame duration.
Frame 15: Hitbox out: 3 frame duration.
Frame 50: End of animation.

50 Frames is punishable but when jabbing/jabcanceling you have to commit to at least 27 frames. Dsmash doesn't replace jab of course, I'm illustrating that Dsmash is almost as spammable. Except Bair (frame 5), Dsmash/jab are Link's fastest starting attacks starting frame 6. Dsmash has great launch power even when stale, it will let Link reset spacing and pull a bomb or something safely. It's also a good damage racker with a big attack area.
Keep in mind Link doesn't have any truly spammable moves, it's relative.
Attacks are completely fresh after connecting with other attacks 9 times (I think?). Zair/projectiles are great for freshening sword moves.
Spinattack subs as a KO move when DSmash's stale. Link won't run out of KO moves: Dsmash,Fsmash, Fsmash 2 (always fresh),Usmash, Utilt, Ftilt, Dair, Uair, Fair (second cut), Upwards throw @ 160%+, and ground spin attack.
Weaker moves can KO too, or gimp.

I'm not saying be stupid, I am just saying if you can land a Dsmash go for it. That goes for every move; use it at the right time/spacing and don't worry about staleness. Dsmash happens to be one of the most spammable.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
I played a bunch of offline matches today with some tournament players. I did decently. Mostly going Link. lol. I beat everyone atleast once, except of course Dmusician. lol. That guy is just too pro. I got close to winning a couple of times in a Link Vs Falco. But Falcos match up is just wtf hard. lol. but i guess i got better, because he use to be able to 2 stock me as Pit vs Zelda.

Anyway, yeah i suck. lol.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Well I came second in the small tourney, it doesn't mean much since there wasn't a large amount of good players.

I've decided to quit Smash after Robocop (Oct 1), my interest in the game is really fading :urg:

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Thems the breaks i guess. You might have just been playing for too long. I usually play a bunch at once then get distracted by school or something else for about 3 months then come back to brawl for fun.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Well I came second in the small tourney, it doesn't mean much since there wasn't a large amount of good players.

I've decided to quit Smash after Robocop (Oct 1), my interest in the game is really fading :urg:
You'll end up in Fiji before you truly quit Link lol. Seriously, I know what you mean. Brawl's a video game and should be for fun. If it's not, then the purpose is defeated. It eats lots of time too.
Like I said, every Link main has a love-hate relationship with Brawl. Basically everything's been discussed, tried, and done, and Link remains a difficult character to use for every MU. Even Ganon is only 60-40 Link's advantage.
So many Link's are quitting:urg:. My advice is play for fun. Link can be very fun in many ways; play friendlies or wifi, or try to beat my 13 KO Cruel brawl record:chuckle:. I've enjoyed playing wifi, if the connection's good. My game's really improved too (need to upload replays). Legan played me; going against someone that good made me play much better. Wifi's friendlier because everyone knows wifail happens. Maybe team with someone for Subspace. Subspace is how I learned to ledgestall Fair etc and DAC. Take a break and try later.
tl;dr
Play because you want to.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
I won't quit here until I'm satisfied that I've done a good job cleaning up the boards and moderating.

Who knows I may change my mind and love the game again.

Top Bottom