• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Le Lazy Lurking Link's Listen/Laugh Lounge ♪~ (^ 。^=)

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
good luck in the tournament LP, you can do it, and take with you a fairy in a bottle for emergencies
Haha, thanks, will do :laugh:
All the best!! Kick some butt! And, remember, Z-air is your friend. Also, if you start getting whooped, smack your opponent upside the head. When they glare at you, F-smash their sorry backside offstage and let them die by stomping on their foot as hard as you can.

Blame it on the voices in your head, or the 'spiders crawling all over them'.
Sure :3
You forgot the part where i spam Bombage >:D
Yeah I've had my old avatar which I made myself for a while, I thought it was time to change, and everyone's got this type of avatar in the Disco Room. Save some matches LP of your Link!
Yeah, i'll see what i can do...
I feel like i'm as good as Legan, but just a bit worse, just a bit. Almost there, though.
;D heeeeya Scabe.

-tries to stay on topic-

Uhmmm Scabe's new ava is cool! And I change my ava all the time. atm im just in a Kingdom Hearts fad since Otakon.

Good Luck LP! ;D We need more friendlies sometime.
Sure thing J. Just got to find some time, and that can be done. Thanks :)

Rizen

Smash Legend
Is it just to play? or are we ranking and what not. Cause it sounds like a power ranking. Though if its just for fun im all for it.
Just for fun:laugh:.
I was able to save some wifi team battles if you want them for the team thread.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Went Link in doubles.

That was pretty bad :(

vs 2 MKs? No.
I'm a ******.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Just for fun:laugh:.
I was able to save some wifi team battles if you want them for the team thread.
I suggest making the thread anyway. If it bombs it bombs. But any new activity is good activity. lol. Well most...

Also browny, congratulation, i think that was the most random of posts in this thread for a while. And thats something coming from me. Since i post the most random of side tracks.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Why is there such an aura in his sword? That never happens for me. D':
It's the sun in the background.
Cool pic.

About the weekly wifi thread, what times work for people and what time zone are you in? Saturdays seem like the best option and we can plan the details from there but if that's no good tell me. We could have blocks so separate timezones can mingle. Like keep the chat open from, I don't know say, 12-2pm and 8-10pm so people can drop in. And the thread can be used for advanced planning like 'I'll be available after 5pm eastern standard' and so on. If the connection's good we can help each other with MUs, training, teams etc.

I'm terrible at this. I'm mountain standard so 12-2pm=11-1pm west coast, 2-4pm East coast, 8-10pm in Europe, 3-5AM Sunday west Australia. This is where I'm lost. Maybe people should just post when they'll be in xat chat and their time zone :ohwell:. Sat/Sun should be the best day(s) in general. I need more feedback from people on how to plan this.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
I think if we could actually get this going it'd be a lot of fun.

Saturday is probably the best day, Sunday isn't too bad either. I'd say we do it just for fun, although we could have nominations for kinda fun awards like "uses projectiles most" or "most grounded/aerial-based Link" and stuff like that.

I'm EST, 5 hours from Greenwich time.

And Browny, of course it's an excellent picture! Just showing what Link does best; thwart Ganondorf! Although the lens flare is unusual, since usually Link is fighting Ganondorf in the darkness, but it makes for epicness, haha.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
LP Da Worss? :D
Eh, A Social Thread for The Mute Elves?

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Hmm....
"The Social Thread for Mute Elves: No subtitle neede- oh wait"

Of course, if we wanna be technical, Link isn't an elf, he's Hylian. So how about

"Link isn't a mute elf: The Social Thread for Mute Elves"

Rizen

Smash Legend
Game related post:
Link's Hylian shield blocks almost every range attack. When Link crouches (no bomb) the Hshield is almost completely protecting Link and his hurt box is half what it was standing, about the size of Ness. A lot of characters us short hops aerial attacks and range attacks to approach. Link has terrible out of shield options. Hshield completely cancels range attacks it blocks like normal shielding, no PK fire pillar etc.

Here's the deal: Link can instantly use any ground attack except Dsmash and dash attack from crouching. (Game Cube controller used for example, 'C' set to 'attack') hold down and tap 'C' up to Usmash and sideways to Fsmash, Down Dtilts; there's no standing animation. Release the control stick and instantly input the commands for other attacks to do them as fast as if Link was standing. Jump works too. You have to wait until Link stands to start Dsmash.
It blocks range attacks, makes Link's hurtbox half the size and eliminates the shield raise/drop/stun lag. Also, if you've thrown a bomb up from under a low platform the explosion will not hit you. Note: during the crouching animation the Hshield will not block.

Example use: Peach tries to floating Dair you from a SH height> instead of shielding, crouch>instantly angle the controlstick up and tap 'A' or 'C' up, Link instantly gos from small hurtbox to Utilt hit bubbles out>Link takes 1 hit of Peach's Dair and Peach is hit by Utilt. If Link shielded he would have taken lots of shield pressure and maybe be shield poked.
Crouching>attacks might help vs SH range attacks and multi-hit air attacks. It lets Link's strong hit trade with the weak hit. More testing is needed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the Weekly Wifi thread. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=284081

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Oh wow thats so cool :o

Well today i was randomly playing characters and I choose Link (first time ive played him ^^") and i went against my friend who is a Ness main. Proud to say i made her rage with him and almost 3 stocked her :3 Doing this got me in such a need to try and beat twilight princess so now im playing a link game and looking into link in brawl more.

Overall today has been a fun Link influenced day ;D

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
yup so now to go read your guide. It's sad though....i know more about Link in doubles than singles atm xD

Prob cuz i started the doubs thread and just continue to read it..,,,btw you guys post alot and with tons of info. Gives me a nice read ;D

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
man i love the pics in your guide ;o I also like the fact Martha is the one being hurt i most of them >:]

I love working with projectiles ;D but i forget Zair alot ^^" ill finish reading the guide tomorrow. Its already 3 and im tired (z_z)

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Hmm now that the disciplines of Link are done i have no idea what to do...

Maybe I'll do a Link guide or something, i already have a mini guide up somewhere. Maybe i'll just put it up and then expand upon it. That could be interesting.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Man I'm losing interest in this game :( but I better get back into it, 2 months until the big Australia National Tournament, with like Mew2King coming over.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Man I'm losing interest in this game :( but I better get back into it, 2 months until the big Australia National Tournament, with like Mew2King coming over.
For the love of all that is Earth, do not go Link vs M2K. You'd have to be pretty high, imo. God knows how easy it is for MK to dthrow, Fair, Fair, Fair, Fair, Fair, Dair, Side+B recovery for the stock.
Unless you happen to hack the game and Link gains the same in-game mechanics as someone like Toon Link. Then Link would be a pretty slow Toon Link. And still be a very bad character.

quirkynature

Smash Ace
Scabe, kick some serious butt. Kick the shin, kick the stomach and knee the chin, preferably in that order. Three step combo to combat victory. Works for me every time.

As for MK....best of luck. Bomb in hand?

Top Bottom