• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Le Lazy Lurking Link's Listen/Laugh Lounge ♪~ (^ 。^=)

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I do, i just need to find it's meaning... >.<

IYM= ☆☆☆IYM☆☆☆

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
@Scabe: I unno, my real name is Lucas, and friends say it really suits me, so i stuck with LP rather than NL(New Lucas)

Rizen

Smash Legend
Wow, active boards.
I'm a dual main actually.

Link/Lucario.

But yeah either works. :chuckle:
I need Lucario experience, we should wifi some time.
Ok, i've come up with my own tier of Link's moves:

S Tier: Dair
Uair
Aerial Spin Attack
Doing nothing

A Tier: Dtilt
Ftilt
Fair

B Tier: Arrow
Boomerang
Fsmash
C Tier: Utilt
Dsmash
Usmash

D Tier: Bair
Nair

F Tier: Zair
Bombs
Sarcasm, this was so outrageous I couldn't believe it lol.

maybe we can get away from him an wait for the end of his nado, and befor he touch the ground, we can do a DAC and start a combo

only an idea.
Good MK's will always land on the ground with almost not lag to punish:urg:. Bombs are the best. If you don't have one keep shielding then pull a bomb is MK's out of reach or punish the ending animation with a fast move like Dsmash. If you wait until the move completely ends it will probably be too late to punish.
Hey, guys, is Link a decent counter to any character? Like the Ice Climbers are a good counter to...Ganondorf...
Sadly, no. I think Sheik beats Ganon 90-10 or something outrageous like that.
Facial expressions don't always reveal sarcasm either, IYM!.
Sarcastic facial expression: eye roll
Probably due to Sakurai's love for all things feminem looking.
That or the creators were drunk when they made fair and everyone of MK's moves....
Lol.
Reading is one of the things I've been trying to work on a lot. I could definitely use some work on spacing too. This is exactly the kinda stuff I think I need to be working on. Tell me if it works for sure, Scabe.

I could also finally just pick a freaking secondary for sure though, haha, that'd help too I bet. It's still unofficially Wolf at the moment.
I don't have a secondary. It's smart except they'll be better at most matches than Link and become your main.
I don't know where I saw it, but I always tether recover. Even if I'm close enough to just DI slightly and grab the ledge, I'll Z-air and tether recover. The tether is useful when I'm far enough to not autosweetspot and close enough that the Spin Attack will execute less than halfway, but I always tether.

I guess ledgehogging would be my biggest problem. Apart from that, any other reason I shouldn't do it?
Any attack in between the edge and Link will gimp him. Off stage Nairs, range attacks, everything because Link looses his momentum and has no attack. Airdodge>Zair tether is great for avoiding attacks and tether's are good if not predicted.
nobody loves my name :crying:
My previous name was MES! my initials. What does IYM! stand for?

I want to wifi vs anyone willing and able. We should arange matches in the wifi thread. Post locations and good times, etc.

Rizen

Smash Legend
jajajaajaj, IYM are my initials, i lack on creative, the "!" was a plus,

but i am really good making names for another people

i was think change my neme to Nayac, what do yo think guys??, or prefer the IYM!
Either is good.
You have to be a premium member to change your name.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
My DI is godly, survived a Snake main today up until 233%
Caught up by 2 stocks and almost took it home. No way i'm stopping out now, lawl.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Naah, posting in gold-bold is "Scabe".

May I ask how you came up with the name?
Just noticed this.

The name Scabe came from a game called Samurai Showdown, there was this character called Genjuro and after he'd win he'd mumble something that would sound like "Scabe". I was really young at the time and didn't know where swear words came from, so I started using Scabe as a swear word to people. The name just stuck after that.

quirkynature

Smash Ace
Just noticed this.

The name Scabe came from a game called Samurai Showdown, there was this character called Genjuro and after he'd win he'd mumble something that would sound like "Scabe". I was really young at the time and didn't know where swear words came from, so I started using Scabe as a swear word to people. The name just stuck after that.
LOL. So, technically, you're swearing at us the entire darn time.

I expected better...Scabe. No offense. :p

I actually think it's a pretty cool name.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Even though he has like a bazillion AT's, only some are sorta useful. Some useful ones I like are: Zair while holding a bomb, Jab Lock,

That's all I can really think of that's really useful.

Other's that are good are: The occasional Boost Usmash, Dair Auto Cancelling, ZAC (Z-Aerial Catch), Bomb Footstool Nair Lock (I hardly ever pull this off these days), Bomb Smashing. I think I need to Bomb Smash and do more ZAC's since I think they're a pretty good mix-ups.

Ever since I saw Lucien's tutorials on Spacing and Reading, it has helped my game so much. I now understand alot more about the game then I ever did.

I've gone on a quest to get better, I've started learning other characters mostly Pikachu since I think Pikachu is one of Link's best secondaries. Reading threads in tactical. Working on things that I need work on like Powershielding, Teching. I actually haven't worked much on them, just been working more on Spacing and Reading, but Powershielding and Teching is the next thing I'll work on.

I've watched lots of vids and tried to analyse them. I've watched my recent vids and I can see that I'm just throwing moves out there, and I play really dumb.

After all this I'll help you guys as well and hopefully I can put you on the same path that I'm on. I just need a bit more time to see if I'm on the right path.

Ever since I watched those videos I've been playing better myself. I never realized how poor I've been playing in the past in terms of spacing and reading.

I used to thing spacing was just how our range of moves compared when really, I was dead wrong. I never considered the range of how characters could move and react to be part of it.

I never thought that there was a illusionary range of how we move and how we can react to each other. While I'm at a distance I could still be in range of someone's DACUS.

Reading I was looking at it wrong, I thought it was purely looking at what they were doing and seeing it. Reading is more than that, it's about looking at how people react and knowing what to do, if they like to shield more, I'll try more grabs, if they like to spot dodge into the ground I catch them on landing, if they like to do get up attack from the ledge I shield it and grab them.

I have to look for these things and try to see if I can get a good read, this is how mix-ups help people, learning how to use your others move to change how you work is how you can fool the other person into how you react.

Game is deep.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I was never active except a smashfest or tourney every several months so I got wired wifi. My reading's really good because my consistency and experience of several MUs was non-existent lol. Learning MUs is the step before reading opponents; some things are very effective in one match and complete trash in another. I've wified other character mains and improved immensely on those MUs. I strongly suggest for inexperienced players *like me* to play matches vs good people who main the character you don't know. Do your best (and get owned) and find the feel of the MU. Ask them to play their main several matches in a row and for tips. Once you know what you're doing your reading seriously improves.

quirkynature

Smash Ace

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Oh the irony. He wants to talk about video game characters and why people don't want to talk about it, and the thread gets locked because they don't want people to talk about it :) Irony at its finest.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
I remember watching it a couple years ago. It was good, and the art style is very interesting. The thing I remember most is the scene where he first turns into a bird monster thing and yells at the girl, and I realized it was Christian Bale from the Batman movies, and I blurted out "I'm not wearing hockey pants!" in his raspy Batman voice and everyone laughed.

Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of anime in general, although I liked Cowboy Bebop and Outlaw Star. I watched several episodes of Gurren Lagann (sp?) at a friends house the other night, and thought it was pretty good.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Oh yes Gurren Lagann is one of the best animes ive seen in terms of just being awesome. Its a must see.

quirkynature

Smash Ace
Anyone seen Howl's Moving Castle? I'm re-watching anime, and I really liked watching Howl's.
Howl's is actually pretty awesome, even though I feel they rushed the ending so badly they mangled it. Karas, that's one ****** anime. I had to watch it a grand total of 5 times to finally understand it. :urg:

Rizen

Smash Legend
(Tifa from FFVII wins over any other videogame character)

There was an aname called Eskaflone or something like that with magic 'mobile suits' powered by crystals that form around dragon bones. It had a doppelganger. Does anyone know what show that was? I watched it a long time ago and want to find it online.

In other news I'm learning other characters, I beat 2 people playing Pika with Link since learning from a pika main and won a few offlines using pika:). After playing Link, Pika feels extremely broken, he can recover quickly from powerful attacks.
Wifi Sonic is much better than offline. My Sonic is terrible, I can't make him work.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
I've seen a bit of Escaflowne, I liked the series better than the movie. I'm a big anime fan. And yeah I like Pika's recovery, it's so good. I think my Pika's coming along pretty well.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
okay this just has to be said.

I was bored so i watch comps fight, Link and Pit on BF FD and YI. Link won all 3 matches and even 2 stocked pit on YI. That is so messed up. lol.

quirkynature

Smash Ace
okay this just has to be said.
I remember I once did 4 5 stock matches between all the LoZ characters, and the order came out like this: Link, Toon Link, Zelda, Ganondorf. Every. ****. Time.

Between the Mario characters: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser. It's FFA with items turned off. I'm pretty sure it's stocked how it'll go.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Another rant that i just needed to get off my chest. lol.

Has anyone ever ran into a person who thinks they are soo good and basically do w/e it takes to win. And when they win they start lecturing you on how you should play. Like "Your playing Link you shouldn't approach. You should play defensive." Basically the whole time they are just talking down to you like your some child and they are god.

And to make matters even more annoying, this same person will complain about losing to someone. Either they are playing a cheap character, it was laggy, or all you did was camp. Basically using all of the exact same tactics as they are.

To make matters even worse, the only reason this person doesn't play MK is to say, I beat a MK using this character, or complaining that they are using MK and thats why they are winning.

And to top it all off. This person does it every time i brawl is brought up. And no matter how many times i say i dont care, or i play just for fun. They keep going. And then try to make me look like the bad person when i actually call them out on their bad habit. OMG people are sooo.....

*STAB STAB STAB*

Okay i think i feel better lol.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
(Tifa from FFVII wins over any other videogame character)

There was an aname called Eskaflone or something like that with magic 'mobile suits' powered by crystals that form around dragon bones. It had a doppelganger. Does anyone know what show that was? I watched it a long time ago and want to find it online.

In other news I'm learning other characters, I beat 2 people playing Pika with Link since learning from a pika main and won a few offlines using pika:). After playing Link, Pika feels extremely broken, he can recover quickly from powerful attacks.
Wifi Sonic is much better than offline. My Sonic is terrible, I can't make him work.
I could say the same thing about my Link, except offline is better for him.
I just can seem to time anything on Wifi, whether it be a Z-Catch or a Zair, it always inputs as Dash-Grab online :ohwell:
I'm a Sonic secondary myself, he is pretty hard to use offline, but he's easier to KO with, outside of Bair IMO.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
I've seen a bit of Code Geass first season and I really liked it. Also your DP looks like Justin Bieber. Also how do you pronounce Terywj. Like the wj bit?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Leeteuk is Korean. He looks nothing like Justin Bieber.

Terywj - Ter-ee-widge. I guess. I based it more off of Chinese / Japanese / Korean romanization so yeah.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I've seen a bit of Escaflowne, I liked the series better than the movie. I'm a big anime fan. And yeah I like Pika's recovery, it's so good. I think my Pika's coming along pretty well.
Thanks, I could not remember what that was called. It was one of my favorite shows, once-upon-a-time lol.
Has anyone ever ran into a person who thinks they are soo good and basically do w/e it takes to win. And when they win they start lecturing you on how you should play. Like "Your playing Link you shouldn't approach. You should play defensive." Basically the whole time they are just talking down to you like your some child and they are god.

And to make matters even more annoying, this same person will complain about losing to someone. Either they are playing a cheap character, it was laggy, or all you did was camp. Basically using all of the exact same tactics as they are.
We all know someone like that:ohwell:. Sometimes more than one.
I could say the same thing about my Link, except offline is better for him.
I just can seem to time anything on Wifi, whether it be a Z-Catch or a Zair, it always inputs as Dash-Grab online :ohwell:
I'm a Sonic secondary myself, he is pretty hard to use offline, but he's easier to KO with, outside of Bair IMO.
Oh yeah, I saw you on the Sonic boards.
Link offline is better in my opinion too. Maybe because I don't SD 1 of every 3 stocks :mad:. Link has to commit to precise timing/spacing that wifi screws up. SH>Bair>tap control stick backwards>release stick>fire an arrow= SH Bair to quickdraw. A ton of stuff I do with bombs, DI, projectile spamming, ledge stalls and aerial maneuvers go wrong online :urg:. And Link's easy to juggle and has bad recovery if done wrong. Grab is 50 times better, now I know why people grab so much in online matches.

I couldn't take more than 2 stocks off Sonic Storm, but I did improve after playing a while. Wifi Sonic's so fast and most of his moves look similar. He annoyingly hard to hit.

Top Bottom