• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Le Lazy Lurking Link's Listen/Laugh Lounge ♪~ (^ 。^=)

Scabe

Successful Businessman
I don't really like the title of Skyward Sword, but I like the idea of going back to cel shaded and this time using Adult Link.

Man everyone raves about Wind Waker, I really gotta get that game. :urg:

Arcade

Smash Ace
Yes you do. The combat is the best out of all the Zelda games. And the art style is cool. And the music is awes-...

Just go buy the game already will you

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Wow that sux, I was thinking of getting a Gamecube just so I can play Melee and other amazing Gamecube games. I can't believe how good that console was. I'm pretty broke at the moment though and I'm not too sure where I can get a Gamecube.

Rizen

Smash Legend
i want a real Zelda with real efects , no another WW, that is infant
a real zelda with great grapics and accion like oot and Majoras mask

no this pice of ****:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Uh, is it just me or does Skyward Sword actually look WORSE than TP? It's like they're combining TP's art style with cel-shading. It just looks kinda bland IMO. I dunno. Maybe I'll change my mind later when the game is nice and polished up.
I don't like cell shading either. Keep in mind that it enhances the motion oriented game play and that's the first demo of a game in development. Take metroid other M, the game play graphics look far better in the E3 demo than the first glimpse. Right now Skyward Sword looks worse than windwaker but it has a year for polishing.

Kirby Epic yarn: Kirby meets Little Big Planet.

Arcade

Smash Ace
Wow that sux, I was thinking of getting a Gamecube just so I can play Melee and other amazing Gamecube games. I can't believe how good that console was. I'm pretty broke at the moment though and I'm not too sure where I can get a Gamecube.
Well Gamecubes should be cheap as dirt by now unless they got supply-constrained.

The thing I love about the Gamecube is the controller. It's the best and most comfortable controller I've ever held.

You wanna talk amazing GC games, check out Tales of Symphonia if you haven't already, it's an RPG with battles that play like a 2.5D fighter but with customizable skills and techniques.

I don't like cell shading either.
Well I do like cel shading, it was done really well in WW IMO. I just don't like how it meshes with the art style. It's like they took TP and threw it on for the lulz. You're right though, I should hold on until the game is farther in development (it's coming out in 2011 after all).

quirkynature

Smash Ace
As a left handed hyoomin, it's my left-handed-ness that is offended when one of the few video game characters (GC TP Link and before) goes right handed (Wii TP Link and after).

May the fleas of a thousand camels nest in your groins, Miyamoto, and may your arms be too short to scratch.

IYM!

Smash Lord
I don't think they should of used adult/realistic link for cel shading, don't get me wrong, i liked ww's graphics and toon link was perfect for it*
i agree, toon link was perfect for cel shading,

i dont know what hapent, remember the artwork of new zelda( link without his sword and a little blue girl) that look was great. Why nintendo change it??? :confused:

the gameplay looks great, nothing to say , but I really prefer to see a realistic link for this gameplay , no a cel shading

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
I have to agree with IYM here.

After seeing this

I was kind of expecting something more like this

And not like this

Also, my first final is done, so I just have one more to go.

Back to the testing center line! :p

Arcade

Smash Ace
As a left handed hyoomin, it's my left-handed-ness that is offended when one of the few video game characters (GC TP Link and before) goes right handed (Wii TP Link and after).

May the fleas of a thousand camels nest in your groins, Miyamoto, and may your arms be too short to scratch.
I don't really see why there couldn't be a left-handed option, like at the beginning of the game when you name Link, "Are you right-handed or left-handed?" It really wouldn't take much effort at all. I mean the sword swinging from TP was just waggling, same as pressing a button. I'd think with this 1:1 stuff they'd include a left-handed option this time.

quirkynature

Smash Ace
I don't really see why there couldn't be a left-handed option, like at the beginning of the game when you name Link, "Are you right-handed or left-handed?" It really wouldn't take much effort at all. I mean the sword swinging from TP was just waggling, same as pressing a button. I'd think with this 1:1 stuff they'd include a left-handed option this time.
I sure as hell hope they do. If Spider-Man 3 for the Wii (and that SUCKED) has a "are you left-handed?" option and SS doesn't, it's going to be a disappointment. Although, making Link left-handed in-game is going to require massive overhauls. Like how TP for Wii is completely reversed. o_0

Side note: I have learned how to add HBC to a 4.2u Wii, use Gecko to add codes and custom textures and replace Character Selection Portraits with icons depicting custom textures. If anybody needs help doing that, ask up. I'll see if I can get somebody to direct me where I can post a good walkthrough on doing it yourself. God knows I spent at least 3 hours learning.

IYM!

Smash Lord
all world say:
graphics dont matter, gameplay is what really matters,

but will be honest: Would not it be better to have a Zelda with realistic graphics combined with this great gameplay?

I hope even for a day, to see a real adventure, with wild sword fights, very hight dificult and accion
i dont ask for a violent zelda, only want a realistic game like metroid other m.

i think , this is the reason why I love Smash

in smash ,I have had the most exciting battles with link, I have not had battles like this in the zelda series

anonano, you miss the "!" in my nick XD

Ryos4

Smash Lord
How bout we get some input on the teams thread????

Zelda is looking lonely...

RMZ

Smash Cadet
i dont know what hapent, remember the artwork of new zelda( link without his sword and a little blue girl) that look was great. Why nintendo change it??? :confused:
I thought the change in art style was to separate the 2 timelines created from Oot?

quirkynature

Smash Ace
I guess there planning on making him more manlier :cool:
A guy who wears tights and wanders around in them, killing all in his way is as manly as you get. Then again, maybe all that extra looseness around his privates might help Link in his courageous mission...

RMZ

Smash Cadet
The fact that he doesn't say anything at all makes him manly

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
RMZ knows what's up.

I think the graphics will be just fine, in the end. WW was way too cartoony (although in the end it grew to be somewhat likable), but SS is cell-shaded while still retaining the general image of Link. They probably need to modify him a little bit (I mean, all of the stuff he's got on looks exactly like his TP incarnation, which is okay only if he IS that Link) and they should add a tiny bit more definition to his clothes and face overall, but these are graphics are acceptable for me. I was hoping for a much darker Zelda, but again, they're sticking to the middle of the road on a lot of areas and it's fine in the end.
But they better have some epic stuff in store for us. No "middle of the road" there.

IYM!

Smash Lord
So they're making a remake of Ocarina of Time for the new Nintendo 3DS

mmmm... the remake would be a good idea, link looks great in those pictures, is similar to
Soul calibur 2 Link (i know is the same, i refer the graphics aparience)

mm this give my an idea, nintendo can make the first Smash portable :bee:
that will be amazing, i mean a Smash that you can take everywhere and play everywere

the graphics capacity of 3DS can easily handle a smash with a ... i dont know 16 or 20 characters ( obiously with the 12 beterans) and 15 stages , a vs mode with the basic( like SSB 64 configuration), 1P mode and trainig and a extra like story mode for each character, or sound test or 100 trophies

:smash::smash::smash::smash::smash::smash:

Ryos4

Smash Lord
The idea of a Smash 64 remake would be okay as long as they dont make the wifi completely horrible for that smash as well.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Wouldn't that be awesome.

REMAKE OF SMASH 64 FTW!!
And it wouldn't even matter if WiFi lagged because then it would just be the same as the original N64 version. Making it lag = Making it true to the original.

MY POLL NOOOOO! It is gone.
/cry

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Hey new thread up. "Linking Attacks: Link's Combo Thread"

Need everyone's input as it is an interactive thread, and will only grow with your help. Please read OP and first reply.

Also random thing. I really think they should have incorporated Link's Shield into his gameplay more. Most possibly in his second jab in a shield bash or something. So his Jab animation would be left(Sword) right(Shield) left(Sword). And his second jab could have caused some minor stun like that of Snakes first Ftilt, cept less and with a push back preventing looping. Thus making Link's jab game much more effective and possibly even boosting him in the tier list by giving him an effective close range option.

pulse131

Smash Ace
new link game huh. i wonder if nintendo is gonna do one of those remake and add some stuff in deals.
uhg, i still havnt even played twilight princess. all i hear about it is that its too easy.

Arcade

Smash Ace
TP is incredibly easy. If I recall, the final form of the final boss does 1 heart of damage to you with its attacks.

Do a three-heart challenge if you play it and want some semblance of challenge. Or five hearts + no healing items like I did a long time ago. Problem is you can't do lots of the sidequests then because they reward you with pieces of heart...

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Arnt all zelda games relatively easy? I always thought zelda games were more about adventure and puzzling rather than playing a difficult game.

Top Bottom