• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Le Lazy Lurking Link's Listen/Laugh Lounge ♪~ (^ 。^=)

Rizen

Smash Legend
Maybe Subspace is in the bag.

Playing FFXII (and others) always throws my smash controls way off. Now I'm getting them back but I SDed a ton yesterday and earlier today :[ .

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Wait.... FFXII throws off your timing? I mean, I'd have understood if it was, say, Melee, or even another fighting game like Street Fighter or something... but FFXII? Isn't that the one where you just set up commands and they more or less fight by themselves unless you override their commands?

Of course, the flip side of the problem is why AREN'T you playing FF6 if you're playing a FF game? :awesome:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
FF9 is probs my favorite classic style RPG.

He's Link. He breaks pots for money like the thug that he is. He didn't choose the thug life. The thug life chose him.
He would be a millionaire if he dropped Farming and just cut people's lawns for a living.

Rizen

Smash Legend
^It's funny because it's true.

FFXII doesn't throw off timing but the stick positions, inverse left/right camera, and PS2 button layout is hard to switch back from :/ .
Wifi buffering takes getting used to again for timing. I often have to play with red connections :( .

FFVI: Multi-cut accessory+Gengi gloves for a weapon in each hand+the 2 best swords= fun.
I never played FFIX. I beat 6, 7, 10, 10-2, 12 and 13. VII's my favorite, but I only played VI on wii download and it didn't have the impact it might have in the 90s on the SNES.

@ Blu I'm playing MM over right now. I beat Snowhead with every stray fairy without unlocking all the doors by using Deku flowers and creative platforming :)

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Playing FFXII (and others) always throws my smash controls way off. Now I'm getting them back but I SDed a ton yesterday and earlier today :[ .
FF12 always throws off my stomach as it makes me vomit from how bad it is.

Also playing more megaman will help with your smash playing 100%

The question is why are you playing Final Fantasy and not Legend of Zelda?

Heretic.
Because there hasn't been a great LOZ made for a console since LTTP and FF9 came out way after that and that's an excellent game too. I think he asked a correct question.

FF9 is probs my favorite classic style RPG.
Def the best in the numerical FFs

I never played FFIX. I beat 6, 7, 10, 10-2, 12 and 13. VII's my favorite, but I only played VI on wii download and it didn't have the impact it might have in the 90s on the SNES.
I think tactics is the best tbh, the story is just so good after you get over the horrible translation and the job system and fap.

But if you don't include FFT, 9/5/7/6/8/2/1/4/bad games/10/3 is my personal order.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
I think 6 is the best, no question. 9 is clearly second though, then 7, then 10. I liked what I played of 5 but never finished it. I thought 13 was interesting but never finished it either. 12 was meh, I couldn't get into it. I hated 8.

So basically, 6/9/7/10/4/1/12/2/3/8. I'm not gonna place 5 or 13 since I never beat them.

I will agree with you MRM, if you include Tactics, it's the best of the series (minus the horrible translation). The story is amazing. I love how dark it is.

Rizen

Smash Legend
So down to business, when SSB4 comes out and Link is a good character (:rolleyes:) the hard working low tier players will dominate the high tiers who have to switch characters for -2 MUs because they're too hard. Do you think, once dominated, former high tiers could be trained as a slave race or would they be better made into soylent green? Thoughts?

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
5 is extremely good because of the dungeon layouts, challenge, characters and job system, the story is okay but probably one of the worst :/ Play the GBA version of it, no load time and way better imo.

tru0067

Smash Journeyman
So down to business, when SSB4 comes out and Link is a good character (:rolleyes:) the hard working low tier players will dominate the high tiers who have to switch characters for -2 MUs because they're too hard. Do you think, once dominated, former high tiers could be trained as a slave race or would they be better made into soylent green? Thoughts?
Slave race, definantly slave race

Imagine all the MKs

They once laughed at us but we will laugh at them now

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Let's face it: the Kirby franchise is Sakurai's baby. Kirby, D3 and MK will all be top tier. Waddle Dee, one of the new characters, will be banned for being too good with his infinite jumps, incredible range, speed, safe moves, and amazing projectile in his javelin throw.

In his eternal rage and jealousy of Miyamoto, Sakurai will make Mario the worst character in the history of Super Smash Bros., with the next 10 or so spots filled by the Mario Bros. and Zelda cast. Toad, a new character, will be the lone exception, being a solid, bottom-of-top-tier choice. Pikachu and Jigglypuff will again make huge moves on the tier list, with Pikachu being garbage and Jigglypuff being amazing.

Falco's lasers will again improve, becoming an easily spammable, instant kill move, and his reflector will now hit the entire field. Meanwhile, Fox will continue his slow descent into mediocrity. Namco-Bandai, with their input in the game, will add the main character from the latest Ridge Racer game to the cast, who will become the most popular Smash 4 character, with about 70% of people using them in tournaments.

The final new roster spot will come down to another popularity contest, this time between Banjo from Banjo-Kazooie, and the lady from Cooking Mama. Cooking Mama will win, sparking outrage in the community as people think her ability to throw food at people and her frying pan will be too overpowered, but after the first initial tier lists come out, she will prove to be an average character who has trouble killing (although people will hate fighting her because of the immense mental pressure she places on opponents, who have to stare at her creepy smile the whole match).

And Mr. Resetti will now be in every single match from start to finish.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I can imagine, they will find more ways to make Link worse. I only say this because history has shown us that Nintendo hates Link almost as much as Capcom hates Megaman. Though if Nintendo wants to really get on my good side, make SSB4 Link be similar if not the same as Smash 64 Link:

1) Give me Link back his unlimited bomb bag!
2) Improve his recovery but still keep the knockback it has from melee/64 (either is fine it's hard to choose between the two though)*
3) Give Link's bombs the 64 hitboxes, it will give him so many more options. There's nothing better than having a foe shield your bomb only for it to just fall in front of them and NOT explode.
4) Give him his 64 dash attack, I think it has more use than the one we use now.
5) scrap the gale boomerang and give us back the magic boomerang from smash 64 that has both range and amazing throwing angle.
6) L-canceling

that's all I can think of right now that would make my day.

*Melee Link's spin attack has great knockback on the ground but somewhat suffers in the air. I like how it holds the foe i the attack until the last hit, but when you want to be fancy and actually have a hit with KOing force, I'd say use the spin attack from 64. So if they somehow gave him both, it'd be cool.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I don't think the Gale boomerang is the problem, just it got nerfed so badly like many things.
"Didn't the gale boomerang stir up a whole bunch of hate?"
"Yep, lol. But most of that was because the boomerang was nerfed in lag, speed, range and damage from Melee."
Hi guys.

I'm picking up Link, Shielda, Gannon, and TL.

And I'm gonna be a LoZ fanboy.
So hey!

:phone:
Hi :bee:. As you might have gathered from recent activity in this thread (lol) Link always gets nerfed and Zelda characters usually end up low tier :urg:. Except Sheik and TL in Brawl. But if you're okay putting a lot of work into a character with little reward, Link can be very fun to play:). I use Ganon and Zelda too.

The activity's nice :awesome:

Rizen

Smash Legend
^you're icecream on AiB right? I'm Rizen all over. Maybe we can play wifi sometime.

i g2g

Bomber7

Smash Hero
You're one of those Tyler guys. Haha, I see way too many people I know converge on the Link board. It's almost scary. ._.

Rizen

Smash Legend
^lol good stuff Huggles :D .

Now my new Play Asia controller stick is peeling :( . Anyone know a good glue that can hold the plastic skin on? Most glues don't work.

Top Bottom