• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Le Lazy Lurking Link's Listen/Laugh Lounge ♪~ (^ 。^=)

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Look, you two are obvious idiots. Who has been here the longest? Me. Who was a moderator here? Me. Flame wars are obviously worse. This isn't even a debate. I can't believe you would be so ******** as to even make a discussion about this. Jeez. *******.

But the Goron Tunic prevents the countdown timer from popping up if you're in a flame war too long, so even flame wars can be nill. Puns are just awesome and anybody who says anythind different should go eat their own cake.
Anonano join date: July 2008

Tery join date: August 2007

get_****ed

Rizen

Smash Legend
^Lol.
However, posts in the social:
edit, the format wrecked the cut and paste, here's the link http://www.smashboards.com/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=254551
Rizen 676:smirk:

@Ano, that's what you get for making the world a better place for 2 years and neglecting video games.

Puns may be the lowest form of humor besides the 'your shirt's on fire... now it's out' gags (anyone see that Farside comic?) but they are humor:rotfl:

Rizen

Smash Legend
^Not for Link though. (that IS a lot of posts! Where did you get so many?)

Time for another fabulous LoZelda list!
The most underrated/unused/overlooked things in the LoZ series:

(excuse the spelling/lack of proper names)
Mask Transformations (MM)
Full transformations into a: Deku to spin, use flowers and hop on water. Zora to swim and fight on the ocean floor. Goron to Roll fast, walk in lava and smash rocks. Fierce Deity to own bosses. And many other more subtle effects like running faster, being as noticeable as a plain stone, dancing, marching small animals around and more! Why haven't they used this premise again?!

Free play on the Ocarina (OoT, MM)
Someone figured out how to play the Simpsons theme on this but I can't remember it. In MM the Ocarina transformed into Deku pipes, drums and a bass guitar with mask transformations for different sounds. Let's face it, no other Zelda games have instruments this fun.

Great Bay Temple (MM)
Anyone who has played OoT remembers the Water Temple; the only dungeon that was easier on the bonus Master Quest game. That's a hard act to follow but Great Bay Temple surpassed it. Link had to navigate an insane maze of pipes by using water spouts, freezing platforms from the water (and enemies) with ice arrows and, best of all, as a Zora. This is THE best underwater part of the entire Zelda series! I wish more Zeldas would use transformations. Playing Zora Link is awesome!
The boss was okay but the mini bosses were super fun. And to top it off, you could find 15 stray fairies for a defense boost.

Dead Hands (MM, OoT)

Creepiest enemy in the series imo. ReDeads were more common so they got all the creepy credit.

Fun 3D Boss fights
Some bosses were fun to fight even if you knew how and not just the 2D ones. Bongo Bongo and Vovolgia in OoT, Ghot in MM, the Twilit Aquatic/Stahl Lord/City in the Sky Boss in TP, and Lotus dungeon boss (SS) were particularly fun. (only largely overlooked 3D bosses from games I have played are included.)

Arctic Ruins (TP)
Weird dungeon. It was challenging in puzzles and endurance; you took a lot of pain the first time. It didn't exactly 'fit' the Zelda era theme but it wasn't farfetched either. The Soup ingredient goals and haunted but not typical ghost haunted feel added to the mystery.

Tal Tal Heights music (LA)
<3 this music.

(Most) Magic Rods, canes, medallions, cape, and spells (LoZ, ALttP and OoT)
Most of these were only needed for a specific task or a bonus except the Cane of Burma which made useful blocks. They were still really fun and useful but overlooked and not integrated as much as they should have been (think magic arrows in MM). Later games dropped the magic meter all together :( . Zelda II did make good use of Link's magic.

Double Clawshots (TP, SS)
As awesome and recognized as the are, they could have been put to a lot more use. There versatile potential was barely tapped and limited to a few vines and obvious grapple points (SS) here and there. They also came so late in the game that few major puzzles needed them (besides City in the Sky <3, TP has the best hookshot/clawshot use in the series with swimming and using them, snagging items etc).

That's all for now. Keep in mind I only listed underrated and overlooked elements and haven't played many Toon Zelda games.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
^Not for Link though. (that IS a lot of posts! Where did you get so many?)
Clearly the value of one's self is the amount of posts they have on an Internet forum discussing a video game. Who cares about the amount in one measly social thread.

In all seriousness the majority of my posts came from when the Pokemon Center was active and I was spearheading projects and the like. I'd guestimate half my posts are from there sourced 2009-2010.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Clearly the value of one's self is the amount of posts they have on an Internet forum discussing a video game. Who cares about the amount in one measly social thread.

In all seriousness the majority of my posts came from when the Pokemon Center was active and I was spearheading projects and the like. I'd guestimate half my posts are from there sourced 2009-2010.
LOL! The Pokemon Center. :3

In regards to the tranforming thing, TP brought back the transforming idea with Wolf Link (and did a good job of it, too. Although my high expectations for LoZ were hoping it would be even MORE awesome than it actually was).

In regards to bosses, several of the bosses from TP were epic and the great let-down was how easy they were (but so was the entire game). That made them less fun because you would never take damage, and if you did it was always very minor. But in regards to cinematics and the fights themselves, they were innovative and fun. Who thinks of riding a gear-thing around and around a giant pillar trying to crush a skull that's shooting fireballs at you, or swinging from building to building across the sky to fight a dragon? Pretty creative and cool.

And Tery: Mudkipz ;) inb4rage

@Rizen: Your post count. It's over 6,000!

But at least you weren't a no-lifer like Ryu getting the most for the last social thread. Lucario mains. Pfft.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I'm on the outside of an inside poke center joke. Organizing projects and stuff sounds like a fun use of those posts :) .

Almost every 3D style Zelda game is easy once you figure out how to do it :[ . OoT can be beaten in a few hours, MM actually has good replay value because the barely-linear content, TP took 70 some hours the first play through and 35 the 2nd, SS had a build up that it would be harder but it wasn't. The hero mode just made you play with less errors. Of course I've played them over a lot. To be fair they're all great games, MM remains my favorite considering it was made for the N64, and my expectations are super high for Zelda games.

How to own a G&W: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=NkZqQB5bqnU#t=2s

Rizen

Smash Legend
He made some site for people with nothing better to do than post 10 hour mudkip video links.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Played Link today in tournament for the first time in forever, did pretty well, Fox is pretty weird to fight as Link.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Played Link today in tournament for the first time in forever, did pretty well, Fox is pretty weird to fight as Link.
Good work! vs Fox it's hard to keep your head above water as Link. Bombs are great vs his reflector game.
That raises an interesting point, where does he get for food
This raises many related points about how Link survives and carries things, lol.

Thanks for watching my vids, if you just want to see my Link search 'RizenLink' on my channel. Same goes for 'RizenZelda', 'RizenWolf' etc. :)

I wish Nintendo would release new info about SSB4 and Zelda for the Wii U. I like how this article looks at how the next Zelda should be http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/comments/five-ways-zelda-wii-u-can-kick-***

Edit, lol the censors. http://www.zeldainformer.c om/news/comments/five-ways-zelda-wii-u-can-kick-*** remove the space after former.c and replace *** with the obvious 3 letter word begining with 'a', then copy/paste into the search bar. Or find it here http://www.zeldainformer.com/

Bomber7

Smash Hero
He's Link. He breaks pots for money like the thug that he is. He didn't choose the thug life. The thug life chose him.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
The best is when Link has something heavy like Iron Boots/Ball and chain/skull hammer and can barely walk around with it, then he puts the item up and can run around again like nothing happened.

Top Bottom