• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Last duke biweekly! Online prereg! $20 venue $0 entry|m2k, armada, pp, ally attending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
You could run doubles and singles in the time it would take to do these little *** pools.

DJRome

Smash Hero
well, it was one of the random ideas i had and ppl latched on. i was just in favor of doing pools/bracket but that was what people said

DJRome

Smash Hero
well, a str8 up bracket would be effed if we get like 33/34 ppl and if im not doing it like this, idk ill just do a bracket

$mike

Smash Ace
lol, can you answer the question me and Ace are asking?

and lol Eddie, we don't need these pools for seeding. It's a LOCAL (and relatively small) tournament. We can do the seeding without pools.

$mike

Smash Ace
Can we get a general consensus again? Where are the 35 people who want to enter a tournament where only SIX will enter the bracket?

BEHR

Smash Hero
I wanna do pools so people can do matches more seriously,helps people be serious and more practice for players who arent as skilled and arent as good or PRed.

Also Pools are a good warm up thats the only reason I like pools,just dont make them how it was last time when I was dropped out.

DJ- 6 Man Bracket lol do that and im not going.

DJRome

Smash Hero
idk, i proposed just pools for non pr to enter a 13/14 man bracket (where pr was already) but that was shot down

edit:yeah that was kinda ****ty last time. but that was like a series of strange things happening

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Seriously I just find it crazy that if 35 people showed up, 29 of them got to leave saying "Yeah I went to that Duke bi-weekly, but I didn't make it out of pools"

Lol. For realz

DJRome

Smash Hero
idk, it was just an attempt to get people to play more matches seriously. i'll leave this open to u guys to decide since ur all against it at this point. i'll decide after pound

$mike

Smash Ace
Lol Ace, that's exactly what I'm saying. And I pack a lunch at almost every tourney I go to.

I still don't know why the f*ck DJ wants to do them so bad. I get no responses...

edit: a well organized tournament with everyone in bracket > a 6 man bracket tournament where everyone wasted their time in pools for "serious" matches

BEHR

Smash Hero
idk, i proposed just pools for non pr to enter a 13/14 man bracket (where pr was already) but that was shot down

edit:yeah that was kinda ****ty last time. but that was like a series of strange things happening
put everybody in pools depending on how many people come and put PRs in pools.

and just seed from pools if you like,either way if it doesn't come out right from seeding me,mike and PP will just edit the Bracket to make it more balance.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
Pools do let people like me get more matches in than usual and they allow for the top to be seeded more accurately. Make the final bracket more than 6 man though.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I don't see any reason why the bracket shouldn't be at least 16 man

That's just me though.

Edit: actually, having everyone in the bracket is kinda cool. Everyone actually "places" then. If I was a newcomer I'd like to be able to play some tourney matches.

BEHR

Smash Hero
Everyone in pools are going to be in bracket,just do it for seeding so people can get more matches in and its a good warmup imo...

Whatever if its too much of a pain for everybody just dont do pools and just make a bracket.

$mike

Smash Ace
Most importantly, crews will probably either not happen or start too late for a lot of people to watch/play in. And there probably won't be enough setups to do pools quickly, adding even more time to them... is all this sh*t worth having for seriouslies in pools?...

BEHR

Smash Hero
Hey is Asheboro coming to this?

I left my controller at the tourney?

Is it still there? D:

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Anybody wanna team with me at this? Preferably somebody I've never teamed with who's awesome and teams well with CF. >_>

Except Theo, we make a beast team.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I didn't know crews would crunch us for time. Also, I like time for friendlies while everyone who is in the tournament wants to stick around(related to first part).

In other words, I like it, but I changed my mind as far as this particular bi-weekly goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom