• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Last duke biweekly! Online prereg! $20 venue $0 entry|m2k, armada, pp, ally attending

Status
Not open for further replies.

BEHR

Smash Hero
TJ Are team name will be this.

Hootie Hoo
Follow the funk from the skunk
and the dank that is crunk in the Dungeon

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
ACE i'll give you all the money i'd skimp from PP. he wouldn't approve of losing one ganon ditto, so i'd just make the second one a 200$ money match, JV 3 stock him thrice more (he'd want bo5), and that should get you gas+some of the money you'd have made at work.

whaddaya say?

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
ace I'll pay you 20$ to get your *** to this tourney.

I know its not alot but still.

TJ Infinat

Smash Ace
raeford or chapel hill depends on the time of year
Meh. Count me in for ganon dittos as well. I'd like to meet you Ace.
If you need money, I'll throw some into the pot to get you there.

I need to know, though.
Seriously
Am I the only DK in NC? . . . I've seen DJ play Green DK *which I need to actually soundly beat him for. . green is MY color*

Chris. . . i think we need to do DK v Ganon mm.
there are two things my DK lives for. Marth and your Ganon.
That and the occasional vixen. . . Details later.

plus, are there going to be crew battles? . . . I'd like to see one first hand.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
crews, i believe, are going down at this event.

and tj, if you've got the money, i've got the match. you don't have to play DK though...the way i move now, you'd be much better off just playing mario. i'm just saying you don't have to restrict yourself, is all. and idk if i want details about your dk and its vixens. i'll leave that between him and them.

$mike's DK is really legit. like too legit. i think you're gonna wanna see it...it smacked my ganon up good lol

TJ Infinat

Smash Ace
raeford or chapel hill depends on the time of year
crews, i believe, are going down at this event.

and tj, if you've got the money, i've got the match. you don't have to play DK though...the way i move now, you'd be much better off just playing mario. i'm just saying you don't have to restrict yourself, is all. and idk if i want details about your dk and its vixens. i'll leave that between him and them.

$mike's DK is really legit. like too legit. i think you're gonna wanna see it...it smacked my ganon up good lol
So you're saying that DK isn't capable of speed? *frown* well, I hope $mike proved you wrong on that one. It's sad, but DK is my best bet against anyone, period. No joke. I know next to nothing about peach. . . at all. I just happen to look half decent playing her, and my mario doesnt have the KO opportunities. I could show you my Mario v my DK all day, but the distance is a problem.

I won't preach at you, we'll see.

tj, dk ditto mm?
if I have the money. Like I said earlier, the money isnt guaranteed. The skill is.

In addition, I have a few tricks up my sleeve, other than the grab>uair thing.
- If DK gets ganon off stage, the only reason that its not stock is my failure to close the deal.
- If DK grabs ganon, the only reason that's not stock is my own failure
- If DK hits a falling nair on ganon, the only reason that's not at least 50% is my own failure.

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
I just talked to ACE it looks like we're coming. I can pay for gas(10 hours driving in one day = expensive with a 13 year old truck...16mpg) but if anyone wants to contribute to dave's cause(tournament fees and missing out on $$ from a shift) just MM him.... Personally I don't accept gifts of money like that and I doubt ace would either so just MM :)

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
so if this goes down, i think i'm gonna have to bring my setup. and the whole day, there will be ganon dittos played on said setup.

i thoroughly approve.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Hopefully everything will work out as planned. I'm going to try and switch days with someone at work. What time would this be ending? We'd probably drive back that night.

DJRome

Smash Hero
pending nc shows up on time (:\), we'll end around 6-7. depends on if there's interest for teams. remember the format is singles--->crews and then teams if people want

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
ok so i asked in the other thread real dumb like but are we doing pools at this? if the answers in this thread too it'll make more sense lol.

so are you saying crews should end round 6-7 if we start singles round 12? with food break round 3?

DJRome

Smash Hero
well "officially ends" at 6-7 id say. i'd ask that all mm be done after singles to get things going faster. also, id like to say that the pools will be done for speed.

to rehash:

pr-level pools = 2/4
non pr pools = X

top X from non pr advance and then play the pr pool they are put in (and the prs can play during the pools for non pr) then a 6 man bracket will play w/ 2 byes double elim.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
ok...lolwut?

what does that 2/4 mean? lets just imagine that all 10 PR ppl show up. so would that mean in the end the top 2 from pools of 6 would enter into one of four pools, and each of those pools has (at least) 2 pr members? (assuming we have the right numbers for such an occurrence).

DJRome

Smash Hero
say 10 prs show up. then i'd likely do 2 pools of 8. then i would need 6 from non pr to advance. so likely top 2 from 3 pools of 6. if there's more, then the pool size would vary from 6-8. then

but realistically, all prs will not attend. likely only 8. in which case 8 would advance and id do 4 pools to accomodate and top 2 advance

$mike

Smash Ace
... what? DJ, I'm barely understanding the way you say you're doing pools.

It's basically meaningless complication. They aren't necessary for this and they'll just add more time to the schedule...

DJRome

Smash Hero
yes, it will take a little longer, but it's also going to provide non pr with more matches and pr with more data.

$mike

Smash Ace
yes, it will take a little longer, but it's also going to provide non pr with more matches and pr with more data.
So... ? We (the panel) are able to work with the data from tournament brackets alone to make the rankings. I know they'd be somewhat helpful with it and that playing a lot of people is cool, but we don't need them. Pools for a local tournament are unheard of because they serve little purpose.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I might be with mike on this one.. how many people are actually going to show up? non pr's will get plenty of matches as long as setups aren't an issue and ppl don't just stand around lol

DJRome

Smash Hero
trust it won't take that long bro. it's like impossible for east and west to coalesce so let's hope for the best

im expecting around 30

$mike

Smash Ace
Does data really mean that much to you? ... I'm not seeing why you insist on doing pools.

If you insist, can you explain them clearer?

edit: and pools take a long time to finish, haha.

DJRome

Smash Hero
let's say round 1 is non pr pools and round 2 is pr pools

based on attendance, prs will have 2 pools of X value so let's say 9 prs show up. then i will split 4 in one group and 5 in the other. then, 16-9=7 so 7 from round 1 pools advance.

round 1 pools will have size based on attendance and then it will go from there. top 7 advance. both rounds of pools will work at the same time.

then, top 3 from each pool advance with top 1 getting byes. this is the double elim bracket

$mike

Smash Ace
I'm lost with the first sentence of that. Round 1 is non prs and round 2 is prs... ? What does that mean?

And are you saying that it'll be a six man bracket? LOL. This is so stupid.

DJRome

Smash Hero
it's a little experiment if people are that against it i'll reconsider but the general consensus from when i last polled was a go.

non prs play in r1 pools. prs + ppl advancing from r1 play in r2. pr basically gets byes from r1. then top 3 go into bracket from each r2 pool

$mike

Smash Ace
Alright. Will there be two pools in round 2, making a six man bracket? If so, it makes no sense at all to do pools... even moreso than how useless I thought it was a few posts ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom