• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Last duke biweekly! Online prereg! $20 venue $0 entry|m2k, armada, pp, ally attending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Poorly run, poorly organized for all the reasons people have been talking about.

I lost to 2 Sheiks playing Falcon.

I beat Crystalnite's Marth in friendlies and he admitted to *****ing out in advance. Admittedly he was playing really well.

I lost to DJRome after JV 3'ing him on my CP and then getting taken to Floats. Why is that stage even legal? So stupid.

Durham was surprisingly good.

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
Yea I had a 1 seed out of my pool yet fought the guy that came in 3rd, first round.

@DJRome: Pick up you phone. I think I left my wallet there and I have called and texted you multiple times so that you could check for me.

BEHR

Smash Hero
Played 3 Marths in pool Audi, and the two guys from Durham and Josh who played Falcon.

I did take a match of Josh tho. :'D

thejinftw

Smash Rookie
Yea I had a 1 seed out of my pool yet fought the guy that came in 3rd, first round.

@DJRome: Pick up you phone. I think I left my wallet there and I have called and texted you multiple times so that you could check for me.
"the guy that came in 3rd, first round" was 4th seed in his pool because he's a mofo sandbagger.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
i think a viable solution is to seed based on pr and those not on pr will be random with location being involved. i'll think more about it.
This is the process used at other NC tournaments. Usually, it's a two part process with letting Tio seed by skill, then tweaking it for location and such.

Also, when there are only two sides of a bracket, four pools, and pp obviously being the best there, one of the one seeds is going to get shafted and put on PPs side of the bracket and there is not really any way to determine who it is without looking at PRs or whatnot.
This is also true.

DJRome

Smash Hero
if for instance i rate pp a 9 and other pr's an 8 and those who are better 7's and other ppl 5's, will the brackets average out in tio if i seed based on skill? like if there's only one 9, will tio still put the 8's with the 7's and the 5's with the 9? or idk but something like that so that pp doesn't get the third tier and 8's don't get the lowest tier?

oh yeah, thanks to everyone for coming out and giving tips. imma try to get a bigger venue if enough of you tell me you want to come next time. as of now, i think we can do about 30 in the room we have and the one next to it so until it gets that big, we will continue to use craven

oh yeah, use this for gps purposes:
+36° 0' 6.73", -78° 56' 29.98" (36.001870, -78.941660)

DJRome

Smash Hero
well, ppl got lost getting here so i figured it would be mad easy to put those into gmaps and stuff. also, note that the next one will be a sunday due to the football game being on saturday

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
if for instance i rate pp a 9 and other pr's an 8 and those who are better 7's and other ppl 5's, will the brackets average out in tio if i seed based on skill? like if there's only one 9, will tio still put the 8's with the 7's and the 5's with the 9? or idk but something like that so that pp doesn't get the third tier and 8's don't get the lowest tier?

oh yeah, thanks to everyone for coming out and giving tips. imma try to get a bigger venue if enough of you tell me you want to come next time. as of now, i think we can do about 30 in the room we have and the one next to it so until it gets that big, we will continue to use craven

oh yeah, use this for gps purposes:
+36° 0' 6.73", -78° 56' 29.98" (36.001870, -78.941660)
Say you have a national champ, two regional champs, and two local champs competing along with 11 random players.

the projected outcome is:
1. National champ
2. Regional champ
3. Regional champ
4. Local champ
5. Local champ
5. Best of the randoms

and so you seed the bracket to make that possible. You would seed with the national player as a 10 the two regionals as 9s and the local champs as 8s. You then seed all 11 random players as a 5. The national champ and the 2 regional champs balance out to opposite sides, the local champs are both on opposite sides, and the other players fill in the blanks.

This doesn't mean any of the randoms couldn't cause an upset, or that any of the smaller champs could upset the bigger ones, but it makes it so that the national champ doesn't knock both the regional champs into loser's really early on and cause them to eliminate each other.

EDIT: I can make a bracket on tio if this is confusing to read.

DJRome

Smash Hero
cool, that makes purdy good sense omni. and hart, yes, you should definitely make the one on the 27th. i will be looking forward to it. setups are cool to have lol

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I wonder how ugly this thread got.....

I'll do shoutouts when I feel like it. Some of you guys(Eric and Robert) need to get actual smash tags and come to more stuff haha.

Edit: SP you guys shoulda come!!!!

DJRome

Smash Hero
i realize how good eric is @ sandbagging because i played like 4 hours of friendlies friday w/ him, audi, and crystalnite, and he didn't stand out much from that group.

Foxy

Smash Master
I am definitely trying to go to the next one, depends on if I am allowed to go to Bill's next weekend or not, however.

I really really really want to play these Duke/Durham players I haven't heard of!

And I really really want to bring my NCSU folks and GofG to it.

I see that you're learning a lot about being a TO and these will keep getting better every time thanks to it!

DJRome

Smash Hero
unless u dudes all wanna pay 2 park. it's irrelevant to me but i thought i would schedule around that kind of inconvenience

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
lol DKRome, I almost did that earlier.

idk about the entire community but some can't smash on sundays (omni lol). I would like to try to make the next one though. Hopefully it doesn't run too late since school is on monday.

DJRome

Smash Hero
well, if ppl want, i can take out doubles and start singles @ 3 to give ppl a chance to do whatever.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
nononono. Double+singles for 1 game is fine. If you tried running something besides melee too it wouldn't work out as well.

emb1234

Smash Apprentice
This was fun. I look forward to coming to more in the future, and I hope to see you guys this weekend at Bill's.

DAftFlip

Smash Journeyman
I could bring a setup but the only thing is is that my cube can only be used for singles since the second port doesn't work. I'll try to be there if I'm 1) off of work 2) can get a ride from someone in the area. I've already missed out on too much in NC these past couple months

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Hit up Ptown/Ali, Daft.

Edit: I realized I never did shoutouts. I'm going to make this quick.

Eric and Robert: Keep practicing and go to tournaments. You guys are too good.

Emb and Jmh: Learn to L-Cancel LOL. It helps though for real.

DJRome: Listen to everyone's advice and the next tournament will run smoothly. Also nice DK. <3 Thanks for hosting bro.

BEHR: Doc luv

Crystalnite: Dang dawg good shiz. I hope you can give me more Marth practice so I can be ready for M2K.

Bill: Ferrett

Karn: Good stuff in teams. Keep calm.

ph00t: lollololololol too good.

Moophobia: stop it. You know what I'm talking about lol.

Josh: No, you stink you shark.

Smith: Mr C0ck

Other people: my bad.

Edit: Audi: Mad beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom