• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Last duke biweekly! Online prereg! $20 venue $0 entry|m2k, armada, pp, ally attending

Status
Not open for further replies.

null55

Smash Master
I live at UNC... is it feasible to just take a bus and walk to this?

null55

Smash Master
...The bus stops 1 minute from the bus stop?

Or this tournament is a 1 minute walk from where the bus stops...?

null55

Smash Master
Gotcha. And **** that's sweet.

Lol, I guess I could just ride with Karn though.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
im telling u we could just make this into a fest that way people wont need to spend money on a low turnout tourney and people wouldnt need to feel pressure for staying out late on a school night and wouldnt have to get here waay early in the morning.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
1. If Doubles is $16, then Singles should cost more than $6. Maybe like $8 to make it even? idk just a suggestion.

2. Please tell me you guys are holding something on the 17th please please please please please???!!?!!?! Because Bills is on the 10th like yours is and it's also Melee only so just switch it to the 17th.

please

Foxy

Smash Master
1. If Doubles is $16, then Singles should cost more than $6. Maybe like $8 to make it even? idk just a suggestion.

2. Please tell me you guys are holding something on the 17th please please please please please???!!?!!?! Because Bills is on the 10th like yours is and it's also Melee only so just switch it to the 17th.

please
For prices, yeah, that would be better. Higher singles prices and lower doubles prices are the best way to go. Especially because there tend to be few teams at local tournies, it's unlikely a lot of them will be willing to pay more. Singles should definitely be at least half of doubles.

For the date, I didn't know Bill's was on the 10th, but if that's true then, if possible, scheduling around it would be awesome. Although it wouldn't be too bad if you just did a Sunday again (so this ran Melee on Sunday when Bill has Brawl only)... it would still be better to have a different weekend.

But I can understand if you guys want to keep your current schedule.

Edit: Oh, yeah, you're talking about Octoberfest. Well, since that's not really a real tournament it's pretty much fine to have them on the same weekend.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
octoberfest is not a tourney. if u dont feel like playing a water-drinking game, then come to duke. this really should not be that much of a dispute.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Octoberfest IS a tourney.

It's just going to be slightly more amazing than regular tourneys.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
I don't think you Duke kids understand that because of the Octoberbillfest tourney, you won't get any attendance on the 10th. If you want a good attendance with good players, change the date to the 17th. We don't want to have two local, Melee only, tourneys on the same day, especially one at Chapel Hill and the other at Duke; being that they're so close to each other and basically offer the same thing, and with the reputation Billfests have, more people are going to go to Chapel Hill than Duke that day. I'm just trying to make it easier for everyone here, but of course I'm just one person...

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
its not up to me to decide. october is a water game. Its like having a FFA tourney. decide which you would like to attend. im all for having the duke event be a fest, but i am not for cancelling smash on that weekend at duke.

also, i am not a you duke kid. i am crystalnite

Foxy

Smash Master
I really don't mind people having a blast with water games

but seriously, it's not everybody's thing, and I don't like when people talk like it is.

If I'm allowed to, I'll be happy to go to Duke, and other people who are underage and want to ENTER a tourney or people who are of age and don't feel like smashing while hydrated will go as well (and probably most Duke players).

I don't think there will be any problem.

null55

Smash Master
So, if I go to Bill's on the 10th, there's no way I can drink water? That's gay. I guess I could smoke water before or something.

But Bill, really. I've been drinking water for forever.

Come on.

COME ON, BILL.

****ING WATER.

lord karn

Smash Master
So, if I go to Bill's on the 10th, there's no way I can drink water? That's gay. I guess I could smoke water before or something.

But Bill, really. I've been drinking water for forever.

Come on.

COME ON, BILL.

****ING WATER.
nah nah nah, dog

it's cool

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Can't blame Billbro for not wanting to pick up a felony lol.

Unlikely, I know, but you guys just have to trust me on this one. Not only am I the water guru, but I'm very familiar with how water policies are with UNC and the town of Chapel Hill for that matter.

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
Im up for it =P

ONLY thing is i get off work at 11 sunday. Meaning as soon as i get off work ill hustle down there to durham. So if you gotta sign us up and do 2v1 til i get there. I got faith

DJRome

Smash Hero
just wanted to say between this sexy convo that i will love everyone who brings setups because they are cool and i like them. also, a charity ssb64 tournament currently in the works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom