• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Landing.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
Can we discuss this?
I feel like Peach has the tools for stalling and misdirection, but her fall speed/fast fall is crazy non-existent. I played my buddy's Bowser (DJay, he's pretty good) online and I can get to the ground a good deal of the time. Still, that doesn't make Bowser's run speed or anyone else's like Sonic's/Lucina's any less of a pain.

Just to focus this a little bit, I literally mean when Peach is way above the stage (FD for instance) and there's some fast ass character on the ground--like Bowser.

Last edited:

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
I find it somewhat difficult to land because like you said her fall speed is mad slow.

At this point I usually (if I have one) throw a Turnip downwards and DI behind it to land hoping it covers opponents below/approaching towards me before I land. If I don't have a Turnip I find myself Dairing, mixing up my direction or stalling with Float or double jump --- or just go straight for the ledge.

I haven't really explored air dodging a lot in this game as an option because I still have PTSD from Brawl air dodging with Peach, lol.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I really can't get Peach down in this game. I really do hope that the Wii U version has slightly different mechanics, because the current setup is very anti-Peach. Traditional Princess Peach, that is. It seems like she should never really leave the ground, and when she actually uses float it is probably supposed to be just for getting off stage to gimp.

Then again, I am too busy with Palutena, Rosaluma, and Zeldoo to experiment heavily with Princess Peach's slightly different meta. Also the 3ds controls makes it really hard to do anything fancy, like float+spacing+attacking when you actually need to.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Mmmm this is something I'm quite anxious about so I'm glad you've made this thread Raz.

Bowser is a tricky one because of his range (dat F Smash). Landing is definitely easier with a Turnip in hand since you can either Z-drop or Down Throw it to help cover your landing or go for a TLC airdodge (is that what we're calling it? TLC?). Other than that, mix ups with 2nd jump and Float help a lot. Mix ups between Dair and Fair whilst moving away are generally what I go for - Fair is definitely a lot more risky this time around with the lag but it does push people in their shield back. Depending on the character, the ledge can be quite a safe bet as well.

Something that may be worth looking into is using Peach Bomber at just the right height so you land laglessly (dear lord the aerial ending lag for this move is TERRIBLE wtf were they thinking).

On the subject, I'm having a very hard time getting used to when I can fast fall out of my 2nd jump and when I can't

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
I usually ask my opponent politely if I can land.

I can't actually give a serious answer, because I haven't really played the 3ds version of the game super seriously. I usually just futz around on Smash Run and play with friends D:.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
I usually ask my opponent politely if I can land.

I can't actually give a serious answer, because I haven't really played the 3ds version of the game super seriously. I usually just futz around on Smash Run and play with friends D:.
Manners cost nothing after all!

I once got 1000 speed with Peach on Smash Run. Omg it's brilliant. Floating at the same speed as Sonic's normal running speed should be something Peach can do normally :D

But yea I find Dairing is the best option - we had this problem in Brawl and that's what I did (we do fall faster this time around but Fair has nasty end lag :/). Airdodge is only really a good option if you've got a Turnip.

You could also try using Bair to shift your hurtbox away from the enemy hitbox.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
In brawl uair/dair helped fallspeed a lot.
This game, though...lol. I def use the bair. And I try to save my DJ and float. I haven't worked out a solid/consistent strat regarding how to use DJ and float. Like if I should just go as high as possible or if I recover low and go for the edge. I'm thinking the edge is just a better option at this point lol.

PS: I def need to do more Smash Run, it's fun as hell lol

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Pretending you are falling then float right when you are just out of range, it's enough to bait them to commit thinking they have an easy hit. If you are out of float I agree that bair works well, it's a good move to dodge attacks.

Also, down air seems to have way more priority than brawl. I seem to return pretty easily by spamming it on my way down against most characters .

Against someone like Bowser half the time i go way to the side to recover and use the ledge to return. It's not like he can edgehog me, and nothing goes through the umbrella.

Last edited:

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
I have to agree with @ EdreesesPieces EdreesesPieces on the recovery. Not many people are going to be able to openly challenge Parasol outside of, say, Villager's tree and other powerful, low-reaching attacks. If at all possible, saving your float as long as possible and going for the ledge is the best option for avoiding juggle predicaments. Outside of that(and using the ledgehop float to immediately land, should you be so fortunate to be able to never have to use float on the way back), turnips can cover you if you have one, as well as dair and bair to move yourself back out of a predicted range.

Awesomecakes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stef-Pie
3DS FC
3093-7191-2175
Yeah I find that going for the ledge is the best thing to do.

About the Parasol though, that thing is crazy. I was playing my friend's villager the other day, he tossed his Bowling ball of the edge thinking he got me, but I parasol'd right in time and the Bowling Ball did nothing. (might need confirmation)

Oh and thanks for the saving the float tidbit. <3

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
Just realized something.

We can try using our airdodge when falling, too, because we can just bust out nair before we land anyway. So instead of that ugly 22 frame lag we get 9 frame nair lag. Got the idea coz someone in here posted frame date in another thread.

But yeah, was just messing around airdodging because airdodge itself has pretty small endlag; it's just airdodging to the ground that screws us. But if we nair afterward (the hitbox doesn't even have to come out), then we can pretty much do anything out of it. Some smoother movement and escapes lol

Dragoomba

Smash Lord
I think parasol's really good. There's the obvious fast-fall mixups she's had, but the parasol also seems to have an improved hitbox, especially on the side, which makes it much more difficult to catch.

Nordal

Smash Lord
I used to use Bair as my main tool for landing considering how far it moved peach's body, but it doesn't really do that anymore, does it? Without an autocancel Fair it kind've seems like your main choices are Dair or Airdodge->turnip (assuming you're holding one). Man I love Peach, but without those two spacing tools I just couldn't bring myself to use her in this game :/

Nose

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jecolo
having a nonexistent fast fall makes things bothersome

mixed parasol and roll from edge is best bet
but in the case the ledge isn't an option you can always try the jukes with the parasol
the disjointed folks are a problem with that however

Top Bottom