• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KTAR 6 - Road To Apex - BRING SETUPS!! FL/MD/VA/NJ/NY/MA/PA/WV/CT/DE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brawlin

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure if you asked around, somebody could team with ya? Or you could always Keitaro to help ya find someone. You'll be okay :D
Haha thanks. I've been asking around in different threads on here. But, its my first tournament so I'll be meeting the smash community for the first time, which I am pretty excited about.

Overall, I'm just really hype about this tournament! :)

Gunblade789

Smash Ace
Haha thanks. I've been asking around in different threads on here. But, its my first tournament so I'll be meeting the smash community for the first time, which I am pretty excited about.

Overall, I'm just really hype about this tournament! :)
I can try to hook you up with Mechwarrior to team. He and I have a good business relationship so I can maybe help you out.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Honestly to everyone. My goal is to come here, hang out, be hype with people and have fun. Also gonna attempt to get my revenge matches with GIMR and Gunblade. Not gonna be mean to anyone unless they start it. And joking trash talk doesn't count. Let's all just have fun and be hype!

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
hmm if the apex thing is changed then I might come. not confirmed anymore.

:phone:
It never changed, its always been this way. People probably just didn't understand my wording, but regardless its explained on the Apex thread with even more detail before I even made the KTAR thread.

Its also the same for every other Road to Apex tournament, regarding qualifying rules.

Gunblade789

Smash Ace
Honestly to everyone. My goal is to come here, hang out, be hype with people and have fun. Also gonna attempt to get my revenge matches with GIMR and Gunblade. Not gonna be mean to anyone unless they start it. And joking trash talk doesn't count. Let's all just have fun and be hype!
looking forward to it.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
free entry for top 3 and free entry for highest placing ec player is a significant difference. its not that I didn't understand you. it's that you were wrong when you posted it in payouts.

Keitaro

Nah, it wasn't worded like that. Here's my post I made 2 months ago on the first page of the thread.
Orion should be home in time for this tourney <3

Thank god for the reminder of the Apex thing. Yes it will be. I'll update that in a sec.

I worked something out with Strife so this Apex Qualifier will have different and most likely better prizes.

Top 3 Atlantic North players in singles get free entry into APEX VENUE, SINGLES, AND DOUBLES!!!!

And yeah, this is the final KTAR :0
And I had it worded like this in the opening post: "+ free venue, singles, and doubles entry at Apex for Atlantic North"

I remember the "for Atlantic North" part being in there 100%.

But that was only posted with generalization from the original announcement I made.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
thats why when I took a look at the payouts ( I'll admit I was doing a lot of other apex related stuff and didnt look ) I asked him to change it. I did not want a misconception.

Chibo is actually in charge of all of that but that was not til recently and probably did not even notice this as well. We are human, though, and mistakes happen so sorry.

Keitaro

isnt there like 1st highest EC placer gets 100$ Stipends and then top 3 EC placer get free entry? Pretty sure this is very advantageous for people like Ksizzle lol since me and m2k can't get it.
Yeah it would be very advantageous towards him but I don't think he's thinking for himself in that perspective.

At most other Road to Apex tournies the top placing player from that region gets a $100 stipend. At this tourney the top 3 placing players from the Atlantic North region get free entry into every important brawl event and venue.

I still believe in the Sizzler and think he can acheive that if he wanted to enter singles, but it will also be fun to see who else can get it since Ally, Seibrik, and M2K can't. So I'm putting my bets on a mixture of Junebug, Nairo, and Anti or course.

Edit: Forgot about Dabuz <3 And Vinnie, you can do it! Also Pwii if he wasn't in Mexico. Oh, maybe Orion or Fatal!! Aight lol lemme relax.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
if you look at our site we say that it varies per region.

in this region there is no $100 stipend ( something me alukard and keitaro agreed on since they felt the $100 stipend was not the best for this region ). I trusted him and we agreed instead of a stipend the players get free entry which, for some, will be about $55 - $80 depending on what you enter.

So, for example, say someone wins it they can enter melee and brawl for free.

Apexsmash.com has most of the details if not all.

We are still learning how to add stuff to the site so please bear with us.

TBH I am thinking Anti and ADHD are a lock. For me I would love it if Vinnie won cause he is cool with me but whoever wins would earn it.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
oops. I thought Alex said player instead of players. this is Better for me if I'm reading this correctly. disregard my other posts

Keitaro

It ain't beyer for you, cause its beyer for me!

@ Strife: My boy ADHD can't make it cause of a family trip.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
oh wow that sucks. Well it will be a toss up the one most likely to get one is Anti but beyond that we will see...kinda more hyped now.

Keitaro

@ Xaltis: The only way you'd get free stuff, is if I get free stuff, cause I'll be the highest placing Falco at KTAR once again!!

inb4bracketmanipulation

I actually had to fight Ally 3rd round at 2 KTARs in a row.

AllyKnight

oops. I thought Alex said player instead of players. this is Better for me if I'm reading this correctly. disregard my other posts

its super better for you. lets say me and m2k gets top 2. me and him cant get it, ANY non-EC player (FL dont count) cant get it either. so lets say anti gets 3rd, u 4th and nairo and junebug gets 5th, Anti, you and Winner of Nairo or Junebug will get it

AllyKnight

why isnt m2k valid for this

where is he valid for then
idk he should be able to, he's born in NJ for dumbsake. He's also going to college in NJ now so I mean why not >.> I havent been home since may 28 LOL and I'm still elligible for the canada stipends, I say let m2k get the fre entry, it's unfair and it would help him much more since he'll be playing melee/brawl at apex

Keitaro

I believe he's valid for ROM 4 in November since he'll be in NJ long enough.

Apex rules state that you have to be a member of a region for 6 months to be valid for the stipends for that region. M2K will be in NJ for 6 months starting in October I believe.

/messenger

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
He is not valid for this cause he needs to be in a region for 6 months prior to the event. He is eligible for the Rom qualifier ( BTW Alukard can only make it top 2 but I will see if I can make it top 3 EC players to make it even with this ). If he places in the top 3 of EC at rom he will get a free entry for both games not just melee. That goes for anyone as well of course.

Again this is not something that effects him but also some others. Vanz will be barely able to be qualifying for the MW melee event ( unless he moves ).

But short answer is because he has moved so much and has no real "home" he says EC but at the same time he has lived in GA until April missing the requirements by 2 months ( 1 if you count April ).

AllyKnight

idk if my *** says I was born in NJ, it's NJ. Traveling for smash/school really shouldn't affect him. and he didnt really live in GA, he was just getting help from someone. I find it stupid but it's whatever lol

im done ranting since this dont affect me lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom