• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KTAR 6 - Road To Apex - BRING SETUPS!! FL/MD/VA/NJ/NY/MA/PA/WV/CT/DE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

M@v

Subarashii!
Not too surpised by floridas placements minus seibrik O_o

Good **** jack for doing decent at your first jersey tourney.

:phone:

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
I have to ask...what happened to xaltis? I'm not surpsised at all by his placement, but curious.

He did hid best :( He lost to Lie in winners and lost to me in losers.

Also, Gosick is incredible lol. Yeah, DFEAR was doing work, dood. Shoutouts in the results thread, btw.

M@v

Subarashii!
He faced lie that early? That's ktar for ya; KTAR 5 I had pwii 2nd round winners and my 2nd match in losers was will.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
No one talk about the M2K thing since it'll lead to trouble for him and he already gets enough.

Also great job to dfear for wrecking me lmao. CO18 needs to start poppin off on me losing to FL unrankeds again LOOOL

seriously though, tricky *** diddy.

glad i did well in doubles :]

feel banged up. probly will sleep for a day.

-Ran

Smash Master
People already know about the M2k thing though, since it occurred on Stream with 400 viewers. I felt it was disrespectful to Keitaro who did so much for him.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Now wait a minute.. so it's ok to be nice and let it slide without any consequences since when? That's not really how you learn from a lesson.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
Ah man... can't we just not talk about it? Don't need to bring this up anymore.

GGs, taking bus in 20 mins.

"Now wait a minute.. so it's ok to be nice and let it slide without any consequences since when? That's not really how you learn from a lesson."

what about Plank? :/

ANTi_

Smash Hero
But it was Keitaro's fault for telling one of them that they have to play early then his win being completely NEGATED even though they had to play again later.

An eye for an eye. But stop talking about it, you guys worry about him way too much, worry about yourselves for a bit.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Ah man... can't we just not talk about it? Don't need to bring this up anymore.

GGs, taking bus in 20 mins.

"Now wait a minute.. so it's ok to be nice and let it slide without any consequences since when? That's not really how you learn from a lesson."

what about Plank? :/
Well Plank disappeared from the face of the earth except in MD/VA... it's too bad but.. no one really took action either.

Anti, it's not just about M2k or myself or you, it's the whole community and other people that look at that.. and say wtf kind of joke is that?

As a top player, you gotta represent and stay strong, that's all i'm saying.

Mozz

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, what's missed is that at least we got to see Nairo vs. M2K play their match in stream, M2K made an epic comeback that no one thought was gonna happen, (or very few), and then we find out the match meant squat. I'm sure M2K was quite annoyed about that.

Mozz

Smash Apprentice
Apparently I think one of them was told their match was supposed to start against each other, and I think someone messed up their bracket so it WASN'T supposed to start. Someone correct me if that wasn't the case but that's the impression I got.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
Before I leave to Montreal.

After I say this, nothng else should be posted.

Nairo and M2K were told to play on the livestream, mew2king is up 1-0. Gimr tells them to stop playing. (When they should have just finished the set so if M2K gets to Nairo correctly, it'd count as if he beat him already) Instead, when they both met, M2K had to play from 0-0 set count, not going to go further than this, I think it was stupid to do that after being told to play.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
M2K and Nairo thought they had to play each other so they started playing in losers. M2K wins game 1. Someone tells them they aren't playing until around 3 more rounds.

Eventually, they finally get to play but now the question is do they continue with M2K 1-0 or restart the set? Keitaro wanted to restart the set but before making a unanimous decision, he went to look for dmbrandon to discuss and finalize what to do. As Keitaro left, M2K gave the call to Nairo. Either do the 'honorable' thing and take the loss or restart the set. Nairo said restart.

They start playing before Keitaro returns and Nairos beating him soundly. M2k sd's and the game ends, unplugs his controller, and says he's upset about Nairo restarting the because he expected him to pick the other option so he can't continue the set.

Best thing M2k should've done was waited for Keitaro to come back. And I know people like Anti and Zhu were defending M2k but you can't argue it if M2k gives the decision 100 percent to Nairo, who is gonna try to win.

That's everything gathered from talking to the hosts and being right next to them when it happened. as clear as it gets

i was only hesitant on posting what happened because of the card issue with unity though this tourney wasn't unity so m2k should be fine..right?

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Well then.. no johns, you gotta take it like a man and respect someone's decision. It was only 1 game and still had plenty of chances to come back.. Gaaahhhh.. I can't take this..

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Not unity = no carding

But doesn't mean m2k should actually be surprised at mk mainspeople having no honor in a play to win by any means nessessary attitude which has lead to our heavy MK usage :x

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
a forfeit to me is as good as a lost.

I actually told kelvin to hold on and not restart the set ( or continue ) until Keitaro did a full ruling. I felt it was his tournament and only he should make the decision. I guess Jason assumed that someone who beat him would let him take a loss. I mean, to be frank, I would of waited to hear what the TO said.

Regardless it was a fun experience and I thank everyone for coming ( shout outs hopefully later ).

For now I will await results to let people know who got points in the entire event. It will be interesting to see.

On a side note, I want people to please read this carefully.

For our future in this community to be bright we need to move past a lot of things. I am not saying anyone did anything wrong but we need to start realizing that things like Apex and the Road to Apex series are something that should inspire people. So many people walked up to me talking about it. I got praise and just general hype. We need to focus on making these events as amazing as possible for both melee and brawl.

a final note :

Please support people like VG bootcamp who went thru a lot to give us a stream that we can be proud of. It was well ran and people do not give them enough credit.

-Bionic
-Gimr
-Apsol
-Logic
-etc

Those guys kill themselves for the community. WE need to start supporting them with either donations or just a thank you in general. Bio, for example, went almost the whole day without food and water to help run the stream. We had to tell him to eat...thats not right IMO he busts his *** and people forget how amazing he is. He does SWF and helps with VG. So a HUGE thanks to him and the brilliant minds of the Lofton brothers for making smash even better!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I would like to second that. VG Bootcamp deserves a lot more credit than they get for doing all of this for the community.

NNID
Budget_Player
Was there a Macbook charger cable left at the location? Because I'm missing mine and my computer battery is almost dead. :laugh: If so, can someone ship it to #19 Raynes Way, Southwest Harbor, Maine (Zip code: 04679)? I can pay you for shipping.

IMPORTANT!​

My wiimote was taken last night. It's white and has chargeable batteries, idk what brand. But last I remember, it has 2 squares left of battery life

PM me if have

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Bio, for example, went almost the whole day without food and water to help run the stream. We had to tell him to eat...thats not right IMO he busts his *** and people forget how amazing he is. He does SWF and helps with VG.
*like *

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Fix your link to the results thread. Has too much http://

Also what happened with Brinstar and RC? Stages got banned, the change in sets was ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom